Install Arc
Options

STO Outage (1/30/14) *Resolved!*

Comments

• Options
    darkdazmaddarkdazmad Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Cryptic - your downtime is preventing me from getting free stuff!!!

I demand compensation - I DESERVE free stuff because you delayed my acquisition of free stuff!

i agree
    with this much crashing o the server i think everyone should get free stuff to say sorry and also lots of free zen
    stosigra_zpsxpcew08i.png

Also note it says under my name i am a Champions Online User, i play Star Trek Online and have no idea how to change that lol
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Wait wait wait.

Has this thread REALLY devolved into "racism" on Family guy?

Good god what is this world coming to when a hilarious stereotypical parody character gets lambasted with ZOMERGDZ DATS RACIS responses

Way too PC tbh, and I dont care if youre offended, in fact anyone that uptight SHOULD be offended that their gang warfare mass labeling of something not hurting anyone is being called out/challenged.

I know a couple of you doing it are my friends/associates in game, but damn man. Hypersensitivity is a huge peeve of mine.

STO forums = anything is possible, and not in a good way. :(
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I can only surmise that the people who are shocked by this were not around for any of the previous patch/expansions. :rolleyes:
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • Options
    scruffiscruffi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Server Up, Go Go!
  • Options
    porchsongporchsong Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    askray wrote: »
    We're working on it. It took a bit to get through 50 pages (and yes, I'm sure some got missed).

Guys/Gals/other species remember that spamming is NOT allowed. And that while yes, in downtime threads discussions about star trek and such are FINEish, random posts (especially pages from wikipedia...), a full post of 1-3 words are not fine and are considered spam.

Also, QUOTING said spam can lead to warnings and infractions on yourself as well. I'm sitting monitoring this thread as best as I can in between working and so is others :) We will catch it and deal with it as quickly as possible.

Not to be a wanker, but what you are saying is you would rather have 60-70 pages of endless whining from a bunch of idiots with no patience, asking. . . .no demanding you give them zen, ec, or dil for the downtime? At least the spamming of recipes, and wiki pages in an utterly and completely meaningless thread is funny.

But, alas, you are the moderator. . . . so without further ado . . . I bring you the contiuation of nerd rage [i.e. every post that follows]. . . .
  • Options
    gwassalorgwassalor Member Posts: 164
    edited January 2014
    "Our current ETA is 70 minutes." Well, that's pretty much Midnight here in CET zone, so thank you and good night, sweet dreams.
  • Options
    fatikanfatikan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    LMAO, how can you compare Blizzard with cryptic... (hyper mega epic facepalm..) xD.

And no, compared to Cryptic, Blizzard games are flawless talking about server stability. Because the way Blizzard works, is far from the way cryptic works. I really dont understand why people keep excusing cryptic about everything. Of course they must be subscribers, so they need to justify their money saying that it is not cryptic's fault. Well, u know what, it is.

I played a lot of online games, since almost two decades ago, and the case of STO is unique, i never seen so many bugs, so many server crashes and so lack of info and support to the customers than cryptic's. And of course, the game being a f2p doesnt mean anything, because people spent even more money when a game is f2p. And cryptic is an expert on that.

It hurts to me saying this, but at the same time that i can say STO is a great game, really big and cryptic did a good job with a lot of things, i also can say that the lack of work on almost everything the past few months, and the lack of work on the bugs since almost years ago, doesnt say anything good about cryptic, because those things are precisely the most important things in a mmo.

I think you missed my point here... i'm not saying one is worst than the other.

Just that pretty much every company, at the launch of something major (xpac or new game) screws it up (Blizz included...)

Indeed the rest of the year blizz do have very stable server.

The only thing that could explain such failure from all of them when they launch something new is the abnormally high amount of users that login on that day (since it's new, everyone wants to see it !)

Server / connection stability caused by an overuse of it has nothing to do with bugs.

as for STO, yes they still have bugs to fix, But seriously, they came a long way since the launch of the game 4 years ago !
  • Options
    ivannanukeivannanuke Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    In the end though the server does run well enough that the pot noodle overlords are amused by it crashing and will send their normal package of dolphin farts soon.
    PROUD TO PLAY THIS GAME MINUS TO GIVING ANY INCOME TO CRYPTIC
  • Options
    sinusiridumsinusiridum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's getting late here, it seems i won't even finish the FE today, not to mention the daily Qmendations for some of my characters.

Well done.
    ###################
  • Options
    thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Wow!!!! 62 pages of post is less than 1 hour...... Get a JOB! Earn a LIVING and put momma's credit card back in her purse before she wakes up. :rolleyes:

You think this was bad? You should've seen the completely ridiculous thread where there was 3 pages every 30 seconds.
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • Options
    judeconnorsjudeconnors Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    OMG. School is where you *should* be, based on that post. :eek:

Seriously... get sum edumakashun
  • Options
    azerdracoazerdraco Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    scruffi wrote: »
    Server Up, Go Go!

Nice Try. Wonder how many actually tried...
  • Options
    thehellnbackthehellnback Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Next thing we know... you're playing tomorrow.

well at least you're optimistic in it being tomorrow ... :eek:
  • Options
    thumpyechothumpyecho Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ...oh here's where the thread went....it was just a simple merger.....
    ok I misunderstood the lockdown...

wow this is 70+ pages of comedy....don't lock this, I wanna see how far this can go....
  • Options
    ryuuenjinryuuenjin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I played a lot of online games, since almost two decades ago, and the case of STO is unique, i never seen so many bugs, so many server crashes and so lack of info and support to the customers than cryptic's. And of course, the game being a f2p doesnt mean anything, because people spent even more money when a game is f2p. And cryptic is an expert on that.

you clearly haven't played a nexon game. good luck getting a support ticket answered. maybe they will 2 years later. if at all.
  • Options
    vagiusvagius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Good god what is this world coming to when a hilarious stereotypical parody character gets lambasted with ZOMERGDZ DATS RACIS responses

hilarious is subjective. I guess it's really funny when its not about you.
  • Options
    cookiemnster35cookiemnster35 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Now now, let's not allow facts and logic to cloud some perfectly good baseless ranting!

HaHaHaHa! Now thats Funny!
  • Options
    terpesterpes Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    scruffi wrote: »
    Server Up, Go Go!

No, it isnt...
  • Options
    thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's getting late here, it seems i won't even finish the FE today, not to mention the daily Qmendations for some of my characters.

Well done.

Their servers don't automatically fit into your schedule.
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • Options
    moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I knooow. I want to party with Tuvok, but the server won't let me! T^T
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2014
    We're doing our final checks and will have you back in-game very soon (10-15 min). Thanks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    sin99 wrote: »
    it is rather pathetic isn't it?

And then there are those hypersensitive to hypersensitivity. Verily, this is a complex game. :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    ivannanukeivannanuke Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Well done.

Sleep is for the weak.
    PROUD TO PLAY THIS GAME MINUS TO GIVING ANY INCOME TO CRYPTIC
  • Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    On one hand I don't agree with the grinding, in the other hand we need to expect this crash to happen due to the amount of changes. Hopefully we get this situation fixed and I know the devs will do anything necessary to give us an extension if they deem that many players got the shaft specially the European guys.

I think that someone just "tripped" over the wires at the server area and we all could get compensated somehow, I am a dreamer so I say hey Cryptic give us the ship totally and absolutely free as a token of your eternal appreciation for us your customers. :D
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • Options
    rjoy79rjoy79 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's 21:31 and I am still waiting to actually log on to even start the FE and gather Qmendations. Bah humbug.
  • Options
    headwound68headwound68 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I take it you're posting this from the backseat of your stretched limo sportscar after an invigorating kickboxing sparring match with your contortionist flight stewardess girlfriend, going between a hostile takeover of one corporation to another with a giant pool of money cushioning your desktop-power laptop?

You must be right outside my window...STRANGER DANGER!!!!!!
  • Options
    judeconnorsjudeconnors Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    We're doing our final checks and will have you back in-game very soon (10-15 min). Thanks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

But for HOW long??!!
  • Options
    roubiniroubini Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Really what did you expect? So much hype, too many new toys.......

It's just "Dr Doom" Roubini
    Refugee from those other games!
  • Options
    ryuuenjinryuuenjin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

that's sooner than the forecasted 70 minutes. neat!
  • Options
    suplex20suplex20 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I can't believe I just sat here and waited 55 minutes. Oh god my life is trash in a can
This discussion has been closed.