What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Pre-Anniversary Giveaway - BONUS! [Now Ended]

Comments

• Options
    drachenhaut#3266 drachenhaut Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Is this not the 4th day givaway, whats with all the bonus talk that makes it sound like this is a bonus on top of the givaways theyre already doing?
  • Options
    trickster34trickster34 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks, will be claiming this shortly. :)
  • Options
    saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Is this not the 4th day givaway, whats with all the bonus talk that makes it sound like this is a bonus on top of the givaways theyre already doing?

Because the giveaways was for 3 days. This is the bonus.
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have the uniform already but I thought I'd say thank you anyway.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks anyway. About 3 weeks ago I purchased the last outfit in the c-store so I have them all now. :P
  • Options
    rippero01rippero01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Without looking
    Bonus?!
    Does this mean they gonna offer something else later today?:confused:

btw I'm back from town thanks for pauseing the game for me :D

saedeith wrote: »
    Because the giveaways was for 3 days. This is the bonus.
    thought it was a week but hey :(
  • Options
    coldfusion2012coldfusion2012 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    thanks for all the free stuff lately but i have 1 question for you
    is the server gonna actually allow me to log in too collect the free items by 6 pm uk time
    IT'S WORSE THAN THAT IT'S A GAME JIM
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    No, that giveaway ended at 10AM PST (maintenance ended early, so you had an hour to still go in and claim it). Check out the update that was made to the OP here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=998271

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I know that. But 4 hours of maintenance are 4 hours that we cant use to level our klingon toon. I guess that haven't been considered at all as always happens. And most of us, specially people from Europe, we are in our works the hours prior to the maintenance (people from US already had the entire day to claim the rewards), this means by the time the maintenance started, none of us could make any advance on leveling up the klingon toon, not even 1 hour. Im really dissapointed with this way of act from cryptic's but i should not be surprised. :(
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Nothing for romulans other than the horta! Neither ship has any use once a rommie has access to that factions selection and as far as I know bridges are race specific although since there's so little to do on board a ship I've never investigated them much.

OK last year they were new enough to be covered by that excuse but that holds less water this time around.

As far as the maintenance goes maybe you shouldnt be boasting about ending it early given the subsequent downtimes following it.
  • Options
    steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Much appreciated - it was one of those things that I'd been considering buying for a while but just hadn't got around to it.

Between that and picking up the Heavy Cruiser Retrofit I wanted from the Exchange, I'm happy with my day. :)
  • Options
    vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Is there going to be an extension to this due to "maintenance"?
  • Options
    theultimatextheultimatex Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    Cue complaints about a Fed-only giveaway in 3, 2, 1...

he he he. SOMEONE had to say it.
  • Options
    theultimatextheultimatex Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Forth day in a row where my support of Cryptic has prevented me from receiving a thank you gift.

So far I have received ZERO free gifts from Cryptic.

The only appreciation Cryptic has for me is the offer of Grind -AND- Pay.

:(

Solution; STOP BUYING STUFF.

It's been all free Zen purchases for me since 2012, baby!
  • Options
    roebotsixtyfiveroebotsixtyfive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I wonder if special allowances will be made for this one, seeing as, as of this time, the servers have been down for about 3.5 hours due to an unknown issue with the server (which only started about 2 hours after 8.5 came out).
    sto_forum_sig_gif_by_roebot56-d9as2al.gif
    If you can't solve it logically, solve it like a moron.

51 + 1 Foundry Character Slots is NOT enough. Some of us love our characters. If I want to buy more character slots, why can't I? I couldn't experience the entire Delta Recruitment event without deleting a character.

The Iconians themselves can't time travel because their memories revert, but there is nothing to say an Iconian couldn't write everything she needed to do on a PADD, pin it to herself, travel back, read the PADD, do the tasks and return. Or just get one of her Non-Herald underlings to go back in time for her.

Want a Star Trek themed starship command fan-made Board Game that isn't fiendishly complicated but not so easy it's a joke? Download mine for free here. https://roebot56.deviantart.com/art/BOARD-GAME-R56-s-Starship-Command-STAR-TREK-Edn-682732468 A Stargate version of the game is available from a link in the description.

Oh yeah, I do Foundry missions for both KDFs and Feds. Just search KSTF (Short for Kinas Special Task Force, where Kinas is the name of the Admiral you will be serving under). The earlier ones are less story based and more combat based, while the later ones have a much heavier story element, but keep the large battles.
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Solution; STOP BUYING STUFF...
    Yeah, that's about where I'm at, since apparently my support is not appreciated, and at best all I get rewarded with is "Grind and Pay Gifts".

:mad:

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    wayofderawayofdera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Forth day in a row where my support of Cryptic has prevented me from receiving a thank you gift.

So far I have received ZERO free gifts from Cryptic.

The only appreciation Cryptic has for me is the offer of Grind -AND- Pay.

:(

Yes, as Alanis might say:

It's like rain on your wedding day
    It's a free ride when you've already paid
    (amended) It's like free C-store items, which you bought in support of the game
    Who would've thought? it figures

that said, I know it takes more work Cryptic, but it would make a lot more sense to give out small unique items created specifically by the design team for the event. That way, those who have supported the game, actually received something for Cryptic's appreciation for them, rather then making those supporting the game feel left out, like a parent wrapping a child's chocolate bar receipt from an outing, as a birthday gift.;)
  • Options
    abcde123123abcde123123 Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    lemme type it in bold

* GIVE US BREL FOR KLINGONGS
    * AND SOME EQUALLY UNIMPORANT FED SHIP - defiant will do.

And remove the *FREE* word from "FREE ANNIVESARY SHIP" marketing bloat, while you're at it. Replace it with something that reflects the actual meaning that is "15 days grind ship that is going to be made irrelevant by c-store 2500 zen version while you grind for it".

Rationale is simple:
    * beam boats with faw are what sells this times
    * nobody really buys defiant and brel anymore
    * and it's generally good to tell the truth to your customers rather than lie to them

So I think it wud make everyone happy.

And I still haven't figured it out how a magnificent team like you folks, cannot release a simple update which is only concerned with minor stuff like:

* ++ add ship layot change
    * remove +20% marks for happy marks hour
    * add cstore item +20% marks bonus for rep
    * add 15 days grind ship (u released ships and grind for them functionality before, haven't you?)
    * add some random inconviniences to players so they spent more money on the game.

Now. This is LTS account, bought for 300 EUR so I feel the right to complain. And I would really like to expect some sort of service for the money I paid. That would be nice, woudldn't it?

And on a side note the game starts to look more and more like a gambling platform. And, last time I checked, gambling is heavily regulated by the goverment institutions in America, EU, Britain and pretty much everywhere else what we call a civilised world.

With best regards
    Your valued customer.
  • Options
    stevedudemanstevedudeman Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks Cryptic! I see many people are complaining about the free stuff. I can understand the people who have bought everything essentially wont get anything. I don't want to sound ungrateful, but maybe a Fleet Ship Module or more inventory slots could be your next giveaway. Heck maybe even a 250 zen giveaway for people who have it all...just a thought...
  • Options
    andorianfetishandorianfetish Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So we get a new ship which is helpful for science officers BUT a new set (the Solonae set) which is basically the Dyson Reputation set but instead of doing the reputation chain to claim the Solonae set, you can just do the "Tuvok" mission over and over(which not only is long but seems as bland and boring as sphere of influence over and over again) again to claim the majority of the set. By doing this, you are already alienating the players that actually spent their resources for the Dyson Reputation set by offering a new set that's basically the same thing but "improved."

Yes, the new Dyson Science ship can equip two deflector dishes but does that mean all the other science vessels can do the same or is it only this ship that can carry two types of deflector dishes? Granted, there are probably a lot of cool things you can do w/swapping out deflector dishes(i.e. - switching from tank build to exotic damage build and vice versa) but doing that makes you somewhat "limited" to what you can really do. I know Cryptic wants to improve the gameplay by making ship switching way more easier and I don't consider this a bad thing. If you really want to help out the science players, do something like that for ALL science ships, not just for this Dyson Science Destroyer.

So for the promotions leading up to the release of season 8.5, all that was really offered was a Combat Horta for all factions, Bridge options for the Defiant & Bird of Prey, a level 20 ship for Fed's & Klingon's but nothing for the Romulans. it almost feels like Cryptic is neglecting a whole troop of players and I do mean ones that don't play Federation. So even though the game company in question IS doing something to improve the game play, it only "seems" like one faction is getting all the goodies. To be frank, you can't give away something "too overpowered" but at the same time what is given away is almost completely "useless."

So what did we get today, exactly? A mediocre ship, a BETTER and easier to get version of Dyson equips aptly named "Solonae" to avoid confusion, and a bunch of swag, mostly usable by one faction? The community would be just as happy, if not happier, if they were offered one really nice "gift" instead of 6 low par "gifts." At least I get critical hits on Beam Fire at Will again!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do appreciate the promo items, Cryptic, but giving a Klingon or Romulan player a "Federation outfit" is about as exciting as opening a wrapped up box the size of a car only to find the smallest bag of potato chips just waiting to be opened. Start talking to people in game in other places besides Earth Spacedock, Devs, you will learn a lot more about the player base and what is talked about.
  • Options
    ames1ames1 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    We are excited to announce that today's BONUS FREE C-Store item is the Star Trek: The Original Series Dress Uniform! Read more for full details, including claiming instructions.

Click here to read more.

Hi BranFlakes,

I am logged in using a Fed Char, went under appearance, fed uniforms and there is NO TOS Dress Uniform on the list. The only ones I found related to TOS are:
    The Original Series Uniform
    TOS Medical Uniform
    TOS Mirror Universe Uniforms
    TOS Command Tunic (which I got from previous promo)

Do you know why? Going thru this thread, it looks like I am not alone in not being able to see the free uniform. I'll file a ticket but by the time anyone looks at my ticket, the giveaway will be over.
  • Options
    icemaestericemaester Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ames1 wrote: »
    Hi BranFlakes,

I am logged in using a Fed Char, went under appearance, fed uniforms and there is NO TOS Dress Uniform on the list. The only ones I found related to TOS are:
    TOS Medical Uniform

Do you know why? Going thru this thread, it looks like I am not alone in not being able to see the free uniform. I'll file a ticket but by the time anyone looks at my ticket, the giveaway will be over.

Same here I have the same issue.
  • Options
    sk8ter888sk8ter888 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ames1 wrote: »
    Hi BranFlakes,

TOS Medical Uniform

I also do not have this on my list anywhere...
  • Options
    eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So tomorrow they'll give away the KDFs ONLY c-store costume option?
    Hope so, if not, my QQ has now been registered :p
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    How are we supposed to claim anything if we can't even log in?
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    johntseeverjohntseever Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I am also curious, how we can get logged in to claim this, if the server is down. Will the uniform be available if the server is down past the time on Friday?
  • Options
    robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Branflakes, since the server has been down for a good chunk of the day and will be scheduled for maintenance tomorrow morning, why not extend the give away for a day for those that could not log in.

Fortunately I claimed mine already.
  • Options
    azrael006azrael006 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thank you based Devs
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Yes, the new Dyson Science ship can equip two deflector dishes but does that mean all the other science vessels can do the same or is it only this ship that can carry two types of deflector dishes? Granted, there are probably a lot of cool things you can do w/swapping out deflector dishes(i.e. - switching from tank build to exotic damage build and vice versa) but doing that makes you somewhat "limited" to what you can really do. I know Cryptic wants to improve the gameplay by making ship switching way more easier and I don't consider this a bad thing. If you really want to help out the science players, do something like that for ALL science ships, not just for this Dyson Science Destroyer.

Erm, the whole point of flying different classes is that you need to be able to manage your ship no matter what build or class you have. Only the science dyson destroyer can use 2 deflector dishes, thats the idea. And different classes requires different strategies. If you fly a science vessel, you know it will harder to kill enemy after enemy, u cant just make all the science ships hybrid, that will break the game playability for sure and people will no longer playing a science ship anymore, because it will not make any sense since there will be no genuine science ships anymore. The dyson science destroyer must be the only and lonely exception, no matter what.

I love the hybrid class (what i dont like is the fed ship design, its really awful) because you can hurt really bad using both skills. Launch a gravity well and some debuffs to your target, swith to tactical mode and start launching torpedo spread and cannon volley.. and so on. A lot of tactics can be made using both builds, and thats the whole point of the hybrid class.
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Will it be extended?

Or will it be an exclusive to those that made it on before the crashes?
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I am also curious, how we can get logged in to claim this, if the server is down. Will the uniform be available if the server is down past the time on Friday?

Well, they eat 4 hours of maintenance when i could been able to raise my klingon toon to level 20 and claim the klingon raptor. And they didnt extend those 4 hours. So, i dont think they will extend this as well. I mean, there should be no reason, seeing that they didnt care about yesterday's maintenance hours. Ok, this time is different, but knowing how cryptic works... i hope im wrong.
This discussion has been closed.