test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pre-Anniversary Giveaway - BONUS! [Now Ended]

13»

Comments

• jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,430 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Why do you contend that no one would want to fly a sci if it had two deflectors? I don't follow.

I hope your argument isn't based on "canon", because I think we've pretty well demonstrated in previous such discussions that "Star Trek canon" is durn near an oxymoron.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • tarrennistarrennis Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Please make these uniforms available for a longer time. I just tried to sign on, but there is a message saying there is a problem with the new code and server is down for emergency maintenance.
  • matrix0matrix0 Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well, I didn't have the chance to claim them 'cause by the time I got home, server was down. Apparently, it wont be up after the maintenance.

** crossing fingers and hoping server up b4 maintenance.
  • dkshadow9498dkshadow9498 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    server should be up in a couple of minutes
    VADM William "Darkshadow" Shadow | Join Date: Apr 2009 |
    USS Immortal NX-93608-F (Oddyssey Tactical Cruiser)
    VADM Rogueshadow IRW Kirino Kosaka (Valdore Retrofit)
    LT General Morbo IKS Karac (Bortasqu War Cruiser)
    LT General Posu IKS Saya Takagi (Chel Grett Warship)
  • greendragon527greendragon527 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dahminus wrote: »
    Will it be extended?

Or will it be an exclusive to those that made it on before the crashes?

Seconded, I was really looking forward to using that :(
  • riddlinsriddlins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yes, East coast is 1am already... I think you are expecting those 9 to 5 people to wake up and do today's episode grind and claim free stuff??
    edited January 2014
    riddlins wrote: »
    Yes, East coast is 1am already... I think you are expecting those 9 to 5 people to wake up and do today's episode grind and claim free stuff??

The episode will be around for at least the next 30 days. As for the costume, Brandon said the server SHOULD be up in a few minutes if you are still awake.
    edited January 2014
    In fact, it's up now.
  • mvbraunmvbraun Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Wheres are free tier V ship? I don't want that ugly dyson piece of ****.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,430 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    mvbraun wrote: »
    "Free tier 5 ship". You're funny.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited January 2014
    knerdy wrote: »
    How are we suppose to "claim" this if the servers have been down since the event has gone "live"???

theyve been up a few times and are up again
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • ames1ames1 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yup. The server is up, I am patched and rocking in the game. However, my initial issue of not being able to see the TOS Dress Uniform on my list for Z-Store is still the same. I guess no bonus gift for me and the rest of the users who are having the same issue. I already filed a ticket a few hours ago. At this point, Cryptic hasn't even acknowledged a portion of their users can't even see the free costume so the chance for me to claim the bonus gift before the promo is over at 10am tomorrow is next to none (I do have to sleep and work the next day you know...)

While I agree that the higher priority is to stabilize the server and the dev are working hard to patch the system, I hope they don't forget about the rest of us who are having trouble with claiming the bonus gift. Under these circumstances, the right thing would be to extend the time limit and FIX the issue so everyone has a fair chance to claim this bonus gift.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've also been unable to claim this because it is not appearing in my list of costume options at all.

Would really like that resolved before the offer ends.
  • steaensteaen Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    mvbraun wrote: »

If you have a couple of hundred thousand EC you can probably pick up a Tier V Retrofit on the Exchange if that helps at all.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2014
    I've also been unable to claim this because it is not appearing in my list of costume options at all.

Would really like that resolved before the offer ends.

Sounds like you already have it, then. I believe these have actually been given out for free via some other select code giveaways via our partners. You can confirm in the tailor.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Sounds like you already have it, then. I believe these have actually been given out for free via some other select code giveaways via our partners. You can confirm in the tailor.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

The ToS dress uniforms are also part of the ToS bundle in the c-store. The bundle that comes with the Class-F shuttle.
  • sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Um, Bran? A little help here?

I tried to patch/update in the early evening and got "Server Status: DOWN"; that was also the case late at night, 9pm, 10pm and midnight. Also this morning at 5 am. In light of this might the Giveaway for Thursday be extended to Saturday?

Thank You.
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
  • origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    its up and running you shouldnt have any problems
  • bmdefiant2069bmdefiant2069 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ah well due to the servers being down everytime I logged on I (and others) will be unable to log on to claim it due to being European based..an extension of the time limit would allow those of us to claim who were unable to during the outage...:D
  • genemorphgenemorph Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ah well due to the servers being down everytime I logged on I (and others) will be unable to log on to claim it due to being European based..an extension of the time limit would allow those of us to claim who were unable to during the outage...:D

This is true, due to the downtime of the game client and the forum in European time (roughly between 7pm -12pm), I bet most players in Europe didn't even know there was a bonus gift, and now they do, they will not be able to claim it, because by the time they get home today (if they work), the bonus would have expired. Not very fair considering the huge downtime yesterday.
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    From the time I got home from work yesterday (5 pm Eastern) to when I went to bed (midnight Eastern) I hadn't been able to log on to claim this.

I can't believe they didn't extend the window for claiming this, given that it's entirely their fault. At least it isn't anything too important.

"Hey guys, everybody gets 50,000 free Zen tomorrow!"
    *Server offline for 24 hours*
    "Hope you enjoyed your free Zen!"
  • kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    darkjeff wrote: »
    From the time I got home from work yesterday (5 pm Eastern) to when I went to bed (midnight Eastern) I hadn't been able to log on to claim this.

I can't believe they didn't extend the window for claiming this, given that it's entirely their fault. At least it isn't anything too important.

"Hey guys, everybody gets 50,000 free Zen tomorrow!"
    *Server offline for 24 hours*
    "Hope you enjoyed your free Zen!"

QFT lol next year is going to be better LOL
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • vilifiedvvilifiedv Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Branflakes, can you please provide an extension of claiming the free uniform. The servers were down all last night when I tried to log in. Now I am at work and cannot claim it. :(
This discussion has been closed.