test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pre-Anniversary Giveaway - BONUS! [Now Ended]

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited January 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
We are excited to announce that today's BONUS FREE C-Store item is the Star Trek: The Original Series Dress Uniform! Read more for full details, including claiming instructions.

Click here to read more.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,430 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Cue complaints about a Fed-only giveaway in 3, 2, 1...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • pokersmith1pokersmith1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Complaint about fed-only giveaway. QQ
    Elite Defense Starfleet
    Elite Defense Stovokor
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This means, we can continue leveling our klingon toons to gather today's gift?? because we still have 4 hours that were consumed by the maintenance.

Instad of offering another gift, let us to finish gathering today's gift!! it makes no sense..
  • thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Cool, I already had it.
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Cue pvpers nerfing the uniform because it's OP.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2014
    This means, we can continue leveling our klingon toons to gather today's gift?? because we still have 4 hours that were consumed by the maintenance.

Instad of offering another gift, let us to finish gathering today's gift!! it makes no sense..

No, that giveaway ended at 10AM PST (maintenance ended early, so you had an hour to still go in and claim it). Check out the update that was made to the OP here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=998271

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for this nice suprise. :) I didn't have this one.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »

??

and i thought the feds were the ones that needed outfits. Dude, almost all the fed customes are just awful. Only 1 or 2 that can be buyed by zen are more "cool".

Klingons and romulans are the ones that have more outifts options and what is more important, pretty ones. I needed to wait to the khan outfit for my caitian because everything i put on him was really ugly. Happened with my 2 fed toons. My female fed, because it is a girl, i can put her a skirt and well, she looks better but still.. there are so little options in the fed faction..
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ??

and i thought the feds were the ones that needed outfits. Dude, almost all the fed customes are just awful. Only 1 or 2 that can be buyed by zen are more "cool".

Klingons and romulans are the ones that have more outifts options and what is more important, pretty ones. I needed to wait to the khan outfit for my caitian because everything i put on him was really ugly. Happened with my 2 fed toons. My female fed, because it is a girl, i can put her a skirt and well, she looks better but still.. there are so little options in the fed faction..

LOL! aww thats so cute
    GwaoHAD.png
  • seraphimghostseraphimghost Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thank you Cryptic for the freebies, much abliged. :)
  • aderonzaderonz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ??

in a very parallel universe i guess :D
  • pokersmith1pokersmith1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ??

I guess klingons have the option to skin their dead victims and sew a cloth out if it, as opposed to poor poor feddies who are limited by their "prime directive" who are obviously limited to wearing cloth made out of proper fabric.
    Elite Defense Starfleet
    Elite Defense Stovokor
  • turbionturbion Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hehe, I was convinced they would not give away a costume because, most likely, the klingons or romulans would be screwed. I am glad they are offering these, because I didn't have them and I quite like them.

Thank you! :)
  • odinfishodinfish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks! :) I don't play Fed side much, but I like presents and the uniforms are cool. But then, so are bow ties and fezzes. :D
  • steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited January 2014
    I guess klingons have the option to skin their dead victims and sew a cloth out if it, as opposed to poor poor feddies who are limited by their "prime directive" who are obviously limited to wearing cloth made out of proper fabric.

What? no Cardassian neckbone necklaces? KDF is so ignored. :P
  • ayarkayark Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Fed gets more stuff than KDF or RR?

... Seems legit...
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This is a nice surprise!

Didn't have and just claimed... thanks! :D
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    To celebrate our upcoming 4-year Anniversary Event (which is now LIVE!), and to thank you for making 2013 the best year for Star Trek Online yet, we are excited to announce that we will be giving away FREE C-Store items this week! As we will feature something different each day, you won?t want to miss out!
    Forth day in a row where my support of Cryptic has prevented me from receiving a thank you gift.

So far I have received ZERO free gifts from Cryptic.

The only appreciation Cryptic has for me is the offer of Grind -AND- Pay.

:(

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • materwindumaterwindu Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This "Bonus Giveaway" would have been better had all factions gotten a uniform to claim. Even if it's the KDF Academy and 23rd Century Romulan uniform, it would have benefited everyone, not just the feds that don't have a TOS uniform.
  • tachyonharmonictachyonharmonic Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Have other people been able to claim this?

It's not even showing up in my Cstore
  • solak42bwsolak42bw Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I was able to claim it
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Forth day in a row where my support of Cryptic has prevented me from receiving a thank you gift.

So far I have received ZERO free gifts from Cryptic.

The only appreciation Cryptic has for me is the offer of Grind -AND- Pay.

:(

I have a maxed out Romulan also and I don't expect anything free for it yet, its still new and not much z-store stuff for it yet. Most people that have Romulan didn't delete their Fed or KDF characters so should still be able to take advantage of this unless they just don't want to log on.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • birchflowerbirchflower Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Not showing for me or my Fleet mates, either. Put in a bug ticket.
  • assassinsangelassassinsangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i would love to clain this free gift. but the server is down... how wonderful of cryptic..
    im curious to know how long the server has been down for this time?
  • ajm1067ajm1067 Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i would love to clain this free gift. but the server is down... how wonderful of cryptic..
    im curious to know how long the server has been down for this time?

Since c12:10 PST, c20:10 GMT - so 40 minutes at the time of your posting
    NewMixedCrest.jpg?width=350&height=170
    McVittie's Marauders - The House of Arrgh
    Website
    Discord
    I absolutely, positively, will not create more characters in STO now that I have five six seven eight nine ten!
    McVittie/Saren/Arrgh Son of Jahn/Taev Dar/Professor Moriarty/Mia/Vittie/Vidtana'Clan/Suram/Sarela
  • rickdias5500rickdias5500 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    In light of the little message about how the hourly events have gone missing again and will be replaced with some weekend bull$#&t, I could care less about something that I never bought anyway. Who is green-lighting these things. You take 2 steps forward and 1 step back.
  • tcgrandpa#3038 tcgrandpa Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited January 2014

before the server crash I had/have the exact same issue, even tried restarting game its not showing up in my c-store. no idea what will results once we get back into the game
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    marc8219 wrote: »
    I have a maxed out Romulan also and I don't expect anything free for it yet, its still new and not much z-store stuff for it yet. Most people that have Romulan didn't delete their Fed or KDF characters so should still be able to take advantage of this unless they just don't want to log on.
    Perhaps I wasn't clear. This has nothing to do with the reward being Fed-Only or my character being a Romulan or KDF.

This has to do with the fact that I have, in the past, supported Cryptic and have already purchased all the stuff they've been giving away for free.

So basically people like me who are the most supportive (ie purchase "all the stuff") are the least likely to benefit from their token of gratitude.

:rolleyes:

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Already had this on both my accounts. Nice for those that don't. :)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

This discussion has been closed.