test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Outage (1/30/14) *Resolved!*

Comments

• agresiel2agresiel2 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray
    MY SPEED RECORDS KASE: 13:38 CSE: 13:52 ISE: 13:51 HSE: 2:58 NWS: 6:35

Solo STF's With Optional ISE: 3:34
    i have all logs saved of these so if you would like to view them send me a pm and it can be arranged :)
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    if you got spam on the thread, fine, but a whole screen full is trolling. which is a punishable offense btw. ToS, 10 h.

anyways. i thought cryptic fixed the servers, seemed more reliable with season 7, lor and season 8.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • bgd3183bgd3183 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    An outage on the first day of 8.5 really I am astonished..............lol
  • papabloodpapablood Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Been gone for a few months ... Just got back a few days ago and from what I can see its still the same old STO ... Server not responding lots of DC's and today looks like its another server crash ... When will they fix these issues that have been going on for yrs now ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Target locked Captain....Alpha loaded....5,4,3,2,1.... Target dead captain, locking on next target
  • heffernan4heffernan4 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Captain, Servers Structural Integrity Failing, Multiple Servers Hull Breaches Detected.

Red Alert, all branflakes to Battlestations, man the Harpoons!
  • xaosmg123xaosmg123 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    crakilaire wrote: »
    I just created my first character, haven't even finished the tutorial yet...I afk for a few minutes and when I get back...server goes down.

Looks like I am going to have fun(!)

WELCOME TO STO!!! (Dont worry, server shutdowns like thise RARELY happen, and when they do, its usually after a big patch like today)

I hope you have an AMAZINGLY EPIC time in STO when the server comes back online. Remember, Fed and Kdf factions are like two completely unique games! And the fact that the first 25 ranks of being a Romulan can be spent running Romulan-Only original episodes - STO is like 2 1/2 games in one!!!

You did, however, pick the BEST time to play the game. After Season 8s amazing update and today's 8.5 anniversay update - its like Star Trek Online 2.0!!! The game will only get better and the way it is right now is the game MANY wish it was from the start.Development has bene kicked into high gear and we have Season 9, Season 10 and the game's second expansion - all being released this year!!! Its a great time to have come back to/started playing STO.

I have been back(after being away a year) for about 2 1/2 months and I have not once wished I was playing another mmo. STO has everything I want and more - soo much to do and see, incredibly variety and its really fun! Plus its sooo beautiful when you can play on 1920x1080 HD resolution and max out all video settings :)

I hope you have a great time in game! remember to TAKE YOUR TIME!!! You will gain ranks fairly quickly, as well as get great rewards from episodes/missions - so no need to go out of your way for extra xp or loot from the start.

Good luck and WELCOME!!!!

-Xalon (Fleet Admiral for the USL "United Star Legion")
  • meiergerdmeiergerd Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'd finished the FE and the Daily, was dancing in Club 47 with Q watching all the party poppers and reading chat posts by someone begging for dilithium of all things and people asking over and over again "Wheres Q?"
    Guys you really need to put a big arrow in the reception area or some kind of unmistakable clues to literally lead some people by the nose to where they need to go, I've always complained about how ridiculous things like glowing consoles are for immersion in the game but now I get it.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • stelakkhstelakkh Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    4th Anniversary - INCREDIBLE job.

I have to tell you, this 4th anniversary content? The feel of things? Cryptic did an AWESOME job.

I was only on for about 10 minutes and BAM! The server crashed and is now showing offline in the launcher. People want to play the much-touted, limited-time content, and the servers are offline.

For those of you who weren't here at the beginning, you're getting to experience it yourself! This is EXACTLY what STO felt like during Head Start and for about a month after Launch day!

Everybody remember that? The game was literally down more than it was up - and the forums glowed brightly with the fires of rage as people started demanding money back because the game was simply not available.

(wipes away a tear) Ah, the memories. Yes, oh, YES! My spirit is SNORING!

Way to go, Cryptic. Feels just like it did four years ago.

I see you're still reaching for the stars - by digging through the floor. Astonishing.
    Actual Join Date: August, 2008
  • banjosteve1980banjosteve1980 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well it is an anniversary, so we are celebrating the mess that was head start.
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    There are 720 hours in a month. (figure 30 day months for simplicity)

The subscription fee is either 0 or 15USD

For one hour of downtime you are out either...

0/720 = 0
    1500/720 = 2.083333

2 cents

And there is my 2 cents

Shut your damn mouths.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • kitsune424kitsune424 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    joe3871 wrote: »
    Is it down again, or is this the same outage from 12:12 today?

new one actually
    We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I suppose this is a good thing. I mean it went down when Legacy launched. This means that a lot of people are playing right?

Unlike Legacy though what we have now is a time gated event. People need to step between the stars and coral Q's ego...I mean alter egos, for his party. Acquiring these ships free is a limited time offer, to say nothing of today's generous giveaway of TOS Dress uniforms.

That said, Cryptic by and large has been pretty good about extending such events when they've had technical difficulties, so let's take a moment and be proud that the game is still going strong. :cool:

jimtkirk wrote: »
    Me thinks NOTHING is live right now.
    But I wanna Live....I WANNA LIVE!!!
    roninfel wrote: »
    Yeah I just got DCed while floating in space over a star...and the launcher shows the server is down. Sure hope that fancy EV suit holds out.... :eek:
    They're pretty tough.

I was beaming out to the Dyson.... hope I don't have to start over again. :(
    Server is down. It's dead, Jim.

Dammit, you beat me to it.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • azerdracoazerdraco Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I am glad I am still at work, by the time I get home hopefully all these tricks are fixed. :D

I knew all that grinding would kill the hamsters.
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • st3a1th2st3a1th2 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Happy anniversary the server is dead the Dev's blow off and blow of it head
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Who's demanding compensation?

Besides, it wouldn't be a STO Anniversary if the server didn't crash and people didn't subsequently whine about being compensated.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • jediphoenixjediphoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well, its AFTER your maintenance period, Connection to login server is timing out. How about an update, tell us whats going on!
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    gonna have this thread reported.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • xxxhellspawnyxxxxxxhellspawnyxxx Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    Who's demanding compensation?

Besides, it wouldn't be a STO Anniversary if the server didn't crash and people didn't subsequently whine about being compensated.

Downtime thread is OP, plz read

At least eight different people demanded to be compensated for their losses.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • cptniteusercptniteuser Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Abandon Ship, the voth have infected ship servers. :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    What if we want compensation for the two Excedrin, two pieces of bread that were toasted and buttered, as well as for the two cigarettes smoked...

...because there is no way to disable the camera shake that takes place in space during part of the mission?

Can I still ask for that? ;)
  • porchsongporchsong Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • azerdracoazerdraco Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    gonna have this thread reported.

Too late ...

Also, this is to be expected. You should see when maintenance runs long.....
  • vagiusvagius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • sonoframonsonoframon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    There are 720 hours in a month. (figure 30 day months for simplicity)

The subscription fee is either 0 or 15USD

For one hour of downtime you are out either...

0/720 = 0
    1500/720 = 2.083333

2 cents

And there is my 2 cents

Shut your damn mouths.

Gawd, stahp whining. It's a tradition to demand compensation. Don't ruin it for the rest of us with yur logic.
    WELL IF THE JAPORI INCIDENT HAS TAUGHT ME ANYTHING, IT'S THAT MY EXISTENCE IS AN EXPLOIT. THANKS CRYPTIC.

IF YOU ARE READING MY SIG - THEN YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG
  • saxfiresaxfire Member Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    fdsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
    Say the word, it saves the world.
    CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
    Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
  • caleb143caleb143 Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    my hypothesis: someone accidentally pulled the wrong cord due to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI_fgwbmJg0
    tumblr_o0xkrlVud21uuxsqjo1_1280.png
  • kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Abandon Ship, the voth have infected ship servers. :eek:

What in the world is going on here, seems some hackers have taken over and now all these walls of text are appearing
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
This discussion has been closed.