test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Steps Between Stars - all black rooms for some players *Resolved*

Comments

• umiharayuuumiharayuu Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    umiharayuu wrote: »
    Yeah, its like walking around in the dark for me too.

Hell, it just took me 30 minutes to find the three switches to get in... the dark
    www.RIHANNSU.org
    Romulan Institute

D'Galan - Engineer
  • stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Here's what I'm seeing.

http://i.imgur.com/MYHHOAp.jpg

I toggled everything on the video settings, nothing seems to help.
    Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
  • summerwolfesummerwolfe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    stararmy wrote: »
    Here's what I'm seeing.

Same here, only thing I haven't tried is DirectX 11, as my card is an older Geforce 9400 GT that barely supports it.

screenshot_2014-01-30-13-33-31.jpg
  • aneofthedustaneofthedust Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    http://i.imgur.com/0Ie2tx0.jpg
    this is real lol
    exited safe mode back up in the game annnnd Black screen from the beginning i lost every texture now :/
    OP Revell : Vote for Vesta!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • enderssoupenderssoup Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    bugged for me also,

heres a screenshot

tried the auto didn't work.
    However i did notice that if world detail distance was at 2, it would be completely black
    if i maxed that out i could see the light. but everything else still black.
    Excuse me, excuse me, would you mind stopping that darn noise?
    obscene gesture, vulcan neck pinch, claps, cheers
  • guunieguunie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've got the same problem, everything looks fine, but as soon as I step out into space, or even pan my camera through the shield, everything is a solid black, no textures and no light sources
  • caleb143caleb143 Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Dear PWE,
    What i would like as a kind present for you on my birthday is this:
    Fix this mission
    tumblr_o0xkrlVud21uuxsqjo1_1280.png
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Same issue here
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Here's what I'm seeing.

UPDATE! Changing from Direct3D 9 to Direct3D 11 fixed it!

Note: I had to restart STO for it to take effect.
    Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
  • amaresh1amaresh1 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Floating around in the dark and getting stuck in the tube is infuriating. Don't mind difficut. To mind bad design. Fix the mission Cryptic
  • boltax2012boltax2012 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Got the same problem here, cant see a thing in the EV section..........Guys......please please please fix this.
  • cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    On the first run the pitch black didn't start until we got to the part where you unjam the door at three points. My two other tests had the pitch black bug happen as soon as you start space walking. Playing on a macbook pro with all settings but half resolution and character draw distance set to their lowest setting. These all happened without restarting the game, I'm restarting soon, and will post results.
  • kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    They know and they are looking into it.

Go here for more info

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=14802211&posted=1#post14802211
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • vaernminavaernmina Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Try adjusting your graphics settings, it works fine for me so it should be fixable.
  • summerwolfesummerwolfe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    UPDATE! Changing from Direct3D 9 to Direct3D 11 fixed it!

Note: I had to restart STO for it to take effect.

Changing from Direct3D 9 to Direct3D 11 results in a game that won't load past the LoR screen for me. I have to restart it in Safe Mode to get in at all.
    edited January 2014
    same bug for this mission.
  • dukeskyloaferdukeskyloafer Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    amaresh1 wrote: »
    Floating around in the dark and getting stuck in the tube is infuriating. Don't mind difficut. To mind bad design. Fix the mission Cryptic

I see this kind of post on the forums a lot, and I'm starting to think that people legitimately don't know that there is a place in the game for you to submit bugs. If you submitted the bug through that interface and then came here to complain, that's fine. But don't think that because you posted about the bug here that that counts as submitting it for fixing.

I'm sure the actual devs spend very little time on the forums all day, but I guarantee you they are in their issue tracker all the time. If you're hoping Brandon will see your post and file a bug report for you, well, stop it. That's lazy and I'm sure he's very busy with stuff.

I don't mean to sound rude, and I hope no one takes it that way. I mean for this to be directed at everyone, and not just the OP. Submitting a bug report is an alert to Cryptic that something is wrong. Posting about it on the forum is public complaining about the bug. I'm totally cool with public complaining, but please also file actual bug reports. If you did, then good for you. I'm sorry I chose your post to rant about this.
  • rrincyrrincy Member Posts: 1,023
    edited January 2014
    Changing from Direct3D 9 to Direct3D 11 results in a game that won't load past the LoR screen for me. I have to restart it in Safe Mode to get in at all.

This right here :(
    12th Fleet
    Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
    U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
  • cptrichardson12cptrichardson12 Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I see this kind of post on the forums a lot, and I'm starting to think that people legitimately don't know that there is a place in the game for you to submit bugs. If you submitted the bug through that interface and then came here to complain, that's fine. But don't think that because you posted about the bug here that that counts as submitting it for fixing.

I'm sure the actual devs spend very little time on the forums all day, but I guarantee you they are in their issue tracker all the time. If you're hoping Brandon will see your post and file a bug report for you, well, stop it. That's lazy and I'm sure he's very busy with stuff.

I don't mean to sound rude, and I hope no one takes it that way. I mean for this to be directed at everyone, and not just the OP. Submitting a bug report is an alert to Cryptic that something is wrong. Posting about it on the forum is public complaining about the bug. I'm totally cool with public complaining, but please also file actual bug reports. If you did, then good for you. I'm sorry I chose your post to rant about this.

There is, it's just that it doesn't seem to get looked at and is run by a PWE third party, so the info doesn't get to Cryptic unless they specifically go looking for it.
    edited January 2014

tried this now my game wont start also since going dx11
  • dukeskyloaferdukeskyloafer Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    There is, it's just that it doesn't seem to get looked at and is run by a PWE third party, so the info doesn't get to Cryptic unless they specifically go looking for it.

Yeah, and I should also mention that there is a forum for bug reports here, where this topic will probably get moved.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69
  • csagent31csagent31 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    No bug here.

These silhouette graphic issues appears on other games as well in my experience. It's usually the cause of not up to date graphic card drivers.

In any case, no issues here - running AMD Radeon 3450 with all up to date drivers.
  • goraqgoraq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Also had issues with controlling the EV suit. Seems that the "Space Walk" buff is dropping out and causing the thrusters to fail and causing you to drop.

Was done with a FED character.
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited January 2014
    It's doable. It takes patience.

Go slow. You can't fly it like your ship.
  • hollowgenesishollowgenesis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I found a fix for this. In your options>Video, check to make sure your Video Card settings are 'Direct3d 11'. (If you have multiple options for 'Direct3d 11', it doesn't matter what you chose. I went with the first [#1] version and it seem to be working just fine.) You will then have to exit STO and then reopen it. This should help.

Good luck fellow Captains.
  • cuatelacuatela Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I switched mine to DirectX 9 EX, and that appears to have solved the issue for me.

• capemike4capemike4 Member Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    No problems with Dx11 here...had it since I got this new PC last October.... *shrug*
    When in doubt...Gravity Well TO THE FACE!! :D
  • darkelipse04darkelipse04 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I had the same issue as well using the dedicated graphics chip (AMD Radeon HD 6490M with 256MB), settings at low did not fix the issue.

However, switching to my laptops integrated Intel HD 3000 graphics fixed the issue and I was able to complete the space walk and mission.
  • hondo1946hondo1946 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This is one of the most boring, frustrating, stupid missions I have ever played on STO, which is what I have come to expect with all their ground missions.
  • captinjacksparowcaptinjacksparow Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Someone told me to set graphics card to Direct3d 11 in the video options menu. It requires a restart of the game, and I have not started the mission again yet. I will let y'all know if it works. :)
This discussion has been closed.