test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Free and Exclusive Khan Uniforms via Arc (Claiming method update in OP)

Comments

• Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    I downloaded and installed Arc and got the costume.

Nothing bad has happened so far.

waiting...

Nope, still nothing bad.

Did you notice those two Chinese girls chasing the Klingon? Those are Chinese hackers stealing his CC :D
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I must say, I rather like the top on my female toons. It's quite...revealing!

I must also mention that arc was only installed on my battered old laptop that is now going to be stripped down and scrapped. I figured I might as well get one last something from the old girl :D
    I need a beer.

• Options
    cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Can Mac users get the uniform for testing the Mac beta? Since we can't use Arc to do this?
  • Options
    direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Something I always wondered about Khan's outifit... He claims that they were abandoned by Kirk's crew on Ceti Alpha... IV? V? during TOS... and supposedly no one checked on them when the original planet they were supposed to go to was destroyed.

He's wearing a contemporary Starfleet insignia on his necklace... where did he get that? They didn't have insignia/beltbuckles like that in TOS. It wasn't from Chekov's crewmates. They never even took off their EVA suits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Awesome Idea! I have a crappy laptop that can run STO under minimum settings. :D

*glances back at aging laptop*

Saaayyy....
  • Options
    damix4damix4 Member Posts: 608 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kirimuffin wrote: »
    It's not showing up on my Rom at all. :( Please tell me this is just a bug.

ETA: Fed Rom, if that helps at all.
    anazonda wrote: »
    Good Job PWE... you actually lured me into installing it...

Of cause it didn work... Got Arc, Launched the game, got the mail... Suit not in the tailor.

Well played PWE... Well played.

Arc is going away again.

It is under Off-duty.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Lol. Wave a shiny and the resistance crumbles. It's no surprise that publishers and developers think they can do whatever they want to their customers because... obviously they can ;)
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    josephdridgewayjosephdridgeway Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    wilbor2 wrote: »
    Lmao u are going to have to offer me a better bribe then a old outfit that has been given away more then once before.
    I know 800 lobi thats my bribe price to install ARK not a lobi less
    This isn't the Wrath of Khan Starfleet Uniform. It's the outfit that Khan wore in the Wrath of Khan. And, this is the first time it's been given away.
    Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
    The Armada
    Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
    Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Willing to buy it Via C-store.

Installing ARC? LOLOLOLOLOL.
  • Options
    latiasracerlatiasracer Member Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Guys don't do it!

I installed arc, all seemed fine for a moment...

And then it happened.

My PC started whirring, louder and and louder. A Chinese flag surrounded by zen symbols appears on my screen. My entire flat burst into flames, the building collapsed. There was no survivors.

On a lighter note, the Outfit is really good, so 3/10 would install arc again
    warp plasma can't melt neutronium beams
  • Options
    thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I think there should at least be an option for Mac users to buy this on Zen Store.. :/
  • Options
    noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    newbabel wrote: »
    Just lending my voice to this one. If you're going to make STO available to the Mac community (for which we're grateful), then in all fairness you have to extend the rewards and freebies to us as you would any other player.

Second that too. It would be fair to grand those that are testing the MAC Beta also a some special gifts.
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kemra1 wrote: »
    Already had the Khan uniform from a previous giveaway but gave Arc a go anyway.. don't like it Bran, for the first time in ages I was rubber banding everywhere, checked my connection and it was fine, logged out, switched off Arc and everything was fine again.

Not impressed with it, I have less lag downloading updates for other software while I play.

It is not "The Wrath of Khan" Fed uniform look at post #2
  • Options
    damix4damix4 Member Posts: 608 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It looks cool, thank you Cryptic :)
  • Options
    mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    newbabel wrote: »
    Just lending my voice to this one. If you're going to make STO available to the Mac community (for which we're grateful), then in all fairness you have to extend the rewards and freebies to us as you would any other player.

Find a windows device you can log on via arc with.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Okay, for the tinfoil-hat brigade:

I downloaded Arc after watching it run on my wife's new machine. (BTW, a Dell XPS-12 runs Arc, and CO and STO, beautifully.) It consumes massive resources on my machine. I also downloaded Steam, to give things a fair test; Steam is content to let me turn it off after launching the game, and also gave me back the sounds that have been missing for a month or two. (My machine kind of sucks.)

Thus far, I have experienced absolutely no untoward reactions. And after the recent debacle with several retail stores having their sales databases TRIBBLE, I ran a check on my credit (if you live in the US, use annualcreditreport.com - you get one free check per service per year, so you can stagger it among them and get a free check every four months) and found that no one had attempted to glean data from my system and steal my identity or anything like that. (Just as well, too. Let's be honest - if you steal my identity, that's probably going to wreck your credit, 'cause mine's pretty bad already. :))
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    rossrobertsonrossrobertson Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The Khan set looks really good, I would have easily bought this at the C-store (or whatever its called now) but force me to download a 'corporate loader' that just takes up drive and memory space, to get it... um, no thanks.

I only play STO (and seemingly sparingly thesedays... burnt-out due to excessive grinding required) and am not interested in any other PWE games.

Thanks but no thanks.

Having said all that... I'll probably fire up an old machine, install ARC on that just to get the freebie set then quickly uninstall ARC! lol!
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for the free costume.

Edit: I'll move my ARC rant to the ARC thread.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Something I always wondered about Khan's outifit... He claims that they were abandoned by Kirk's crew on Ceti Alpha... IV? V? during TOS... and supposedly no one checked on them when the original planet they were supposed to go to was destroyed.

He's wearing a contemporary Starfleet insignia on his necklace... where did he get that? They didn't have insignia/beltbuckles like that in TOS. It wasn't from Chekov's crewmates. They never even took off their EVA suits.

The original planet did not got destroyed. Another one in the same system got. The original one turned into a dessert wasteland because of that (Radiation?SolarFlares? Mem. Alpha probably has details).
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Lol. Wave a shiny and the resistance crumbles. It's no surprise that publishers and developers think they can do whatever they want to their customers because... obviously they can ;)

Meh, only ran it long enough to figure out how to get the 'shiny'. Then uninstalled it. :)

In retrospect, I should have logged into my siblings' accounts as well, so that they don't even know what trickery transpired behind the scenes. I might do that tomorrow, but today... nah, back to normal life. :D

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Branflakes, can this bee used on KDF & Romulan toons
  • Options
    reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    jexsamx wrote: »
    I'm about 100% sure that's not true. ARC is the most universally reviled thing I've ever seen on these forums. The Ent-F got hate, but it certainly didn't stack up to, say, ARC, or the time they tried to severely nerf dil rewards in STFs.

Not even close, but whatever you want to believe.
  • Options
    jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Guys don't do it!

I installed arc, all seemed fine for a moment...

And then it happened.

My PC started whirring, louder and and louder. A Chinese flag surrounded by zen symbols appears on my screen. My entire flat burst into flames, the building collapsed. There was no survivors.

On a lighter note, the Outfit is really good, so 3/10 would install arc again

Just LOL. PS: Your fault I nearly choked on some water I was drinking! ;)

Also

Lieutenant Commander Data: [about the ARC freebie] It brought me closer to being the best, than I ever thought possible. And for a time, I was tempted by its offer.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: How long a time?
    Lieutenant Commander Data: 0.68 seconds sir. For an android, that is nearly an eternity.
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    Branflakes, can this bee used on KDF & Romulan toons

It should be on everything.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    lixiasaranlixiasaran Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    mikefl wrote: »
    Find a windows device you can log on via arc with.

Not possible for everyone, including me (I won't go into details as for why but lets say that I'm not in a position to either get a windows PC and download a 7gig game on it / do the same on bootcamp/parallels on my mbp).

MAC users are beta testers for STO too :P
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thank you for this Uniform, cool bonus for just using Arc.

Time to whip out the old Miranda class starship and run around the galaxy shooting at all the Constitution class ships I can find.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    josephdridgewayjosephdridgeway Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    Well grats... Mine isn't... So still: Not there.

Wise choice since it seems to be selective who gets it and who dosen't

I must be spelling wrong or something...

Anywho, Arc is gone, and not coming back... I do feel like a fool right now though.
    Anazonda, what I had to do to get it to show up is, under the head tab, click on the Off Duty option, then under category, click Helmets and Wraps. Then, go to the uniform page, and you should be able to get it.
    Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
    The Armada
    Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
    Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Wow, just installed ARC on a new computer that I haven't gotten to play STO on. The rumors were true, ARC is a massive memory hog. It's taking up a ton of memory on a computer that it gave a high usage warning, and there are no other programs running (since this is a new computer). I cannot even launch STO. :(

Sorry, but this thing is getting uninstalled ASAP.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hey, Branflakes go tell someone that the ability to download STO isn't working. I got Arc installed on my secondary computer and am trying to install STO but the stupid Arc installer has been sitting at
    "Downloading.... 0.000 KBs | 0%" for 15 minutes now.
  • Options
    voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    With all of the Arc hatred since the very moment it was announced I was wondering when it was finally going to come down to them bribing people to try it. lol

Wonder how many lockboxes had to be created and the money wasted on such a useless pile of ****t when that money could have gone to something truly useful like actually fixing all of the bugs in the game, etc.

Thank being said, it is nice of you to give something to those suffering..err....using ARC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]