What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pre-Anniversary Giveaway Announcement! [See Day 1 Giveaway Thread]

14567810»

Comments

• lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    eazzie wrote: »
    Regardless of what the items are this week, there will be some that will complain just for the sake of complaining because they feel hard done by.

If it is an item you don't already have then great, if not, ohh well nevermind it's the luck of the draw. Cryptic is not in the know of what every single player has or doesn't have.

Last Summer out of the items given away I could only collect one, I didn't complain, for me it was ohh well.

These giveaways are rare, so instead of frowning upon them and claim being cheated, thank STO instead for doing such a thing.

But you wait though less than 5 minutes after the first item the complaints will roll in like thunder.

I only got the Nebula class, and I love thatship. I am still flying in it.
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,184 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    steaen wrote: »
    I think the time between "launch" and complaints will probably be best measured in seconds, probably moreso if, as seems expected, we get into the realms of free ships tomorrow/Wednesday.

In any case, I agree entirely that any such moaning is nothing but ungrateful.

If last Summer is anything to go by. Felt so sorry for branflakes during that week, he did himself proud though. The mark of a fantastic Community Manager.
  • wanderer89wanderer89 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Free stuff is great for the community as a whole, regardless of whether or not you have it already.

The only things I don't own are the Oddy, Bortasqu, TNG Season 1 uniforms and every Romulan ship except the scimitar. I'm not going to complain however if none of these are offered. I'm far more anxious to do the anniversary content over the weekend :D
    THE ARTIST FORMALLY KNOWN AS TRYULIS
    Vice Admiral Dir Sonatra, I.R.W. Kholairlha, Scimitar Class Warbird
    Vice Admiral Oshin S'ree, USS Steamrunner, Steamrunner Class

TEN FORWARD FLEET
  • adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I only got the Nebula class, and I love thatship. I am still flying in it.

I still use my Nebula :D , its a nice ship, though have you also got that issue with no Impulse animation?
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have not noticed.... :eek:

So when does the freebie go live?
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
  • orici1701orici1701 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    rob2485 wrote: »
    JJ trek is not star trek. JJ is an idiot. I don't give a dang how much the film made. The new films are better today than in the original release because lets face it technology is awesome and lots of cool stuff can be done with special effects and computer generated graphics.

You can't compare today's trek movies to the previous 10 movies in the film franchise.

It was a different era, different actors, different directors, different producers and maybe even a lower budget.

Watch the first 10 movies and tell me what you see when you get to Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country. Hint: its the weapons used in the battle scenes which proves the budget was lower(No Phasers).

Exception to what I posted is Star Trek: First Contact which is by far one of the best movies in the franchise.

lets not start that again shall we.... all that matters is what film is 1 and 2 enough said
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    To all those complaining: Look here
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • steaensteaen Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited January 2014

It's due in roughly 20 mins from the time of this post.
  • astro2244astro2244 Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    questerius wrote: »
    To all those complaining: Look here

You win the internet

Nicely done I agree.
    [SIGPIC]583px-Romulan_Star_Empire_logo%2C_2379.svg.png
    [/SIGPIC]
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,443 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    questerius wrote: »
    Should have linked to the facebook page then. And it's still an estimated time of arrival so in fact i was not wrong. :P
    My father always maintained that he tried to be a pessimist wherever possible. That way, if the worst happened, he was prepared, and if it didn't, he got to be pleasantly surprised.

The first freebie may roll out at 10am PST sharp; however, since it was noted that it may be late, if you count on it being late, you won't be disappointed. And you might be pleasantly surprised. :)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • astro2244astro2244 Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I don't particuarly like JJ Trek, but it's still Trek - just a different sort of Trek.

In fact, in my opinion, both the 2009 movie and Worst Contact suffer the same problem: The both start VERY well, but slide downhill and drag their feet as the movie progresses.
    For example, the scenes on the USS Kelvin were superb and very much in the spirit of what came before it.
    And the battle of Sector 001 scenes were superb too - tense, edge of the seat stuff.

And whilst it's all opinion, I honestly feel that Worst Contact was a bit of a drag - it never managed (at least not for me) to recapture the emotions it stirred at the start. And it completely ruined the Borg (via the Borg Queen).

Hey Listen to Syberghost. *waves hand* This isn't the thread your looking for, move along.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-PxbxyNKGZYA/T1EDyAPWIrI/AAAAAAAAANc/42HoRjbqxRs/s1600/These+aren't+the+droids.png

(this is for free ship talk only :P)
    [SIGPIC]583px-Romulan_Star_Empire_logo%2C_2379.svg.png
    [/SIGPIC]
  • derbitburgerderbitburger Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    a single free fleet ship module would be nice (if someone had this posted previously, forgive me, I did not carefully read all 33 pages in this thread)
    Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it!
  • saihung423saihung423 Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I am just so glad he did better with ST than with the Transformers franchise.

Still not quite sold on what he is doing with the series....but we'll see.
  • fonix232fonix232 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    stoutes wrote: »
    Like 80% of statistics used in posts are usually made up. Wait, make that 92%.

Officially, in about 20-25 minutes, but as indicated, it *might* get late.
    JJ trek is not star trek. JJ is an idiot. I don't give a dang how much the film made. The new films are better today than in the original release because lets face it technology is awesome and lots of cool stuff can be done with special effects and computer generated graphics.

You can't compare today's trek movies to the previous 10 movies in the film franchise.

It was a different era, different actors, different directors, different producers and maybe even a lower budget.

Watch the first 10 movies and tell me what you see when you get to Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country. Hint: its the weapons used in the battle scenes which proves the budget was lower(No Phasers).

Exception to what I posted is Star Trek: First Contact which is by far one of the best movies in the franchise.

It IS still Star Trek. Yes, it differs from the previous ones. Better or worse, each to their own. For me, it was a similar level in quality, comparably good to the TNG movies. I enjoyed them both, and it was nice to see a TOS-reimagination without Shatnering every possible scene (yes, I'm talking about TOS' over-reacting of every event).

Star Trek in the beginning wasn't meant to be a mass-fan thing. It was for a select layer of people, who enjoy sci-fi to this very level (and not just casual watcher, "StarWarsFan" people). But as everything else, it needs to advance, to adapt. It is the same as with SW - people who saw the original trilogy first, say that the new trilogy sucks. Todays kids, who saw the new trilogy first, then the old one, say that the old one sucks, as the effects are not up to a level, there are some serious plot-holes, and so on. The JJ-movies fixed these, and added some extra theatrical stuff that brings people to the cinema - this Star Trek was meant for a lot wider range of viewers and fans, not just the hardcore ST people. And it is visible.

But as it was said before by someone with a different coloured name, we should stop the fighting about the movies in the topic of a free giveaway announcement.
    edited January 2014
    So about free stuff.

I am for it.
  • sinusiridumsinusiridum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    a single free fleet ship module would be nice (if someone had this posted previously, forgive me, I did not carefully read all 33 pages in this thread)

Right... I'm imagining already people creating 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 new accounts to get that.
    Not gonna happen. Same thing with master keys, it won't happen.
    ###################
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    saihung423 wrote: »
    I am just so glad he did better with ST than with the Transformers franchise.

I think you're confusing JJ Abrams with Michael Bay. Abrams hasn't done anything with Transformers.
  • bluehamster68bluehamster68 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    tgriff85 wrote: »
    when is this starting for the uk????

Do what I do-set up a second clock set to PST,and name it S T O
    "I'm convinced there's intelligent life in the universe-it's simply too intelligent to come to earth"-Arthur C. Clarke
  • kyuzos7kyuzos7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    the rewards are gonna be account wide unlocks per se.

so repeatable buy items aren't going to be given away due to abuse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • steaensteaen Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Right... I'm imagining already people creating 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 new accounts to get that.
    Not gonna happen. Same thing with master keys, it won't happen.

You missed a 0.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,184 Arc User
    edited January 2014

orici1701 wrote: »
    lets not start that again shall we.... all that matters is what film is 1 and 2 enough said

Come on guys let's not get off topic again
  • bgabor911bgabor911 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I feel that JJ and Hollywood just made antoher idiot superhero franchise from Star Trek with this two films. Hollywood makes worthless cloned superhero films sincs Spiderman(2002), there are 100+ now. Star Trek didnt need a reboot. Now we have superhero style ST films that generates money in a well calculable way, but they suck just as the other superhero films do. This is NOT Star Trek. Its a moneymaker enterprise that looks like star trek.
    Real Star Trek is what the serieses made.
    edited January 2014
    Do what I do-set up a second clock set to PST,and name it S T O

lol...yeah...I did...

This free stuff has my brain off kilter. If I don't get something free soon, I may not make it.

*edited* see...I can't even quote the right post.
This discussion has been closed.