test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shutup Wesley Presents: The first complete Tier 3 Federation Spire

Comments

• imadude3imadude3 Member Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    now i have to ask when someone will be in NoP channel, i want that uniform!!! :D
    Maintaining peace through overwhelming firepower.
  • elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    And the very reason the so-called "exploits" regarding fleet holdings happened was due to stupidly greedy fleets trying to charge for what was essentially a no-cost service. It costed the fleet nothing to allow people access, so the anger some people have toward other fleets not being as petty and greedy as themselves is telling.

You don't have the faintest clue what you're talking about. The exploit was an actual exploit, where a fleet got to a holding level that was mathematically impossible to attain in that time-frame. That has nothing to do with whether fleets charge for access or not.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    elessym wrote: »
    You don't have the faintest clue what you're talking about. The exploit was an actual exploit, where a fleet got to a holding level that was mathematically impossible to attain in that time-frame. That has nothing to do with whether fleets charge for access or not.

I'm not certain it lets you do this but are you sure its not just a case of skipping all the upgrade projects and just running the 1200 project as efficiently as possible? (never tried it so i dont even know if they allow it) but when you upgrade a holding, it stops you running one of the 1200 projects and you are forced to run the other tier with the 1200 and one with the 500.

by running all the upgrade projects at the very end once they have hit 59500, they would save themselves a lot of time over the more traditional upgrade as they go.
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    In the end, even if (and I say 'if') x used y to do z faster than possible, it really does not matter

The fact is they offer the starbase access for free, thus have no financial incentive (other than annoying fleets who try to get people to pay for access, which I approve of wholeheartedly) nor reward for using hypothetically, unproven methods to bypass the set timeframe

Really, we are lucky - if certain other fleets got past the post first, you'd be looking at horrendously exploitative access costs - as it is, we, the players, have access for free
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    got the spire uniform, spur of the moment thing, although i needed to find the directions that a member of "shut up wesley" helped me out with. a number of my boffs are now wearing it as their primary uniforms.. two things about the uniform however i dont like (skirt and glasses) but the rest is good though.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • rrincyrrincy Member Posts: 1,023
    edited January 2014
    Congratulations :)
    12th Fleet
    Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
    U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
  • ussboleynussboleyn Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks guy, your hard work is appreciated.

/\
    edited January 2014
    im refreshing this page perioticly in hopes of seeing someone post that the spire is open for for visitors, can i ask if the author would please write back when they open? thanks :D
    edited January 2014
    thank you Wesleys for the spire outfit :D
  • rrincyrrincy Member Posts: 1,023
    edited January 2014
    they deliver :) Thanks again for the new uniform pieces
    12th Fleet
    Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
    U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Congrats Wesleyites and ignore the haters. They be jelly.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • smiechosmiecho Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's incredible. Not gaining T3 Spire so fast... Oh no. It's amazing that these guys wish to share their hard work with everyone.

I got my Dyson Uniform today from them and they want nothing in return. And for that I thank you.
    Yeeeesss!!! I did it!!
  • acrosscatacrosscat Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    One may lament the lack of extraordinairy, gaudy colours on the rest of the uniform, you can't deny it makes the glasses pop out all the more if they're hot pink.

Congratulations to Shutup Wesley! Enjoying the rewards, and enjoying the public services you and Dental provide. You really are a boon to the community.
    ____GREAT LEADERS LET THEIR ACTIONS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Let me first congratulate Shutup wesley for getting to tier 3 on their spire and the fact they're giving away access is awesome :)

To the people posting they exploited, discussion of exploits is not allowed on the forums. If you have proof, or even a hunch about anyone exploiting please by all means file a ticket in the link listed in my signature and the GM's will handle it.

Now lets keep this happy thread going with happiness :) (yes that sounded lame i try :P)
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    preechrsa wrote: »
    It's the same thing, there is no change. The coat comes in long and short, open at the collar and closed - the differences are very minor. There is also a skirt that is hilariously scandalous for females- we're talking might-be-too-racy-for-TOS levels.

That's unfortunate that there is little difference, ah well. I will still probably pick it up on a couple characters at some point. I did look at it on Tribble, I think it is nice.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Apart from the shades, it kinda reminds me of General Bison's uniform. I tend not to worry about such things as uniforms but its good to see them shared for free among the community. Ta very much.
  • wanetreewanetree Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Just wanted to say thanks for the invite for the uniform and congrats on being the first once again.
    edited January 2014
    someone on NoP channel mentioned something about an Adam Jensen uniform which i assume is this researchers outfit? why was it called that and who is this Adam Jensen? i was never given an answer on NoP public about it mere hours before this fleet got t3 spire.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    someone on NoP channel mentioned something about an Adam Jensen uniform which i assume is this researchers outfit? why was it called that and who is this Adam Jensen? i was never given an answer on NoP public about it mere hours before this fleet got t3 spire.
    it was most likely referring to this, being as it was the foremost result: http://deusex.wikia.com/wiki/Adam_Jensen
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    edited January 2014
    tbh his suit looks nothing like the researchers suit after a quick glance around with the name on the deus-ex link.
  • khorneofchaoskhorneofchaos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Congratulations on completing your fleets holdings and thanks for helping everyone obtain access!
  • asimosaasimosa Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    tbh his suit looks nothing like the researchers suit after a quick glance around with the name on the deus-ex link.
    It's mostly the flashy trenchcoat and separate-lensed glasses. It's not really an exact match, just kind of evocative of the look if you pick the right colors.

Also thanks to everyone I've managed to invite by the starbase the past two nights! Dozens upon dozens upon dozens of you... sorry if I've missed anyone in the spam! it definitely shows how successful the giveaway has been, and the outpouring of support and and thanks from the community has been greatly appreciated.
    YGYDvFm.png
    EGO operor non vere tutela
  • donhouston9donhouston9 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    :confused:
    So happy with the help I have received with NoP channel. Been working on this breen raider build. They saved me millions of EC. My build came out freaking amazing. So much fun. Still broke my EC bank though on doffs. Got some great advice on ideas across the board. My Raider is so much fun now:D
  • summerwolfesummerwolfe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Got my new Spire uniform thanks to Shutup Wesley! Thanks guys!
  • malcaine2malcaine2 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Congratulations to Shutup Wesley on completing the holding, and thank you for the invite.
  • scipherscipher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Congrat Shut Up Wesley on completing T3 Spire. Also for allowing other player to come and gain access to your Spire. Well done a very friendly fleet keep it up!
    "No more wire hangers, Christina"
  • andargorandargor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Grats! And ty for your invite.
  • ijimithyijimithy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Grats for the Achievement guys :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    No Drama, No Fuss, Just good old fashioned pew pew!