test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shutup Wesley Presents: The first complete Tier 3 Federation Spire

preechrsapreechrsa Member Posts: 124 Arc User
In keeping with the Shutup Wesley tradition of excellence in completing Fleet Holdings first (See: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=845071 and http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=542591), we have now completed the Dyson Spire. While there is little unique about the interior of the spire, there is a new uniform:

http://i.imgur.com/lxQtzL3.jpg

Sadly, while the glasses feature robust customization options, the uniform itself does not allow us to wear our rightful, glorious pink, and instead features the bland Federation palette.

This has been quite a wild ride, and proof once again that a fleet does not need to be large to compete in the Fleet Holding circuit. To celebrate, we will be offering access to the spire for free through the NoP Public Service channel. Please be patient when seeking invites to the Wesley spire- we are a small fleet, with less than a dozen active members. We do not have someone monitoring the channel at all times. Note: At this time, we are not offering access to the Shutup Wesley shipyard. If this changes, a representative will make the announcement via the NoP Public Service channel.

NOTICE: There is currently very high demand for an invite and we are hovering at the instance population cap. Please be patient, and remind us periodically that you're waiting for an invite. We'll get you in as soon as we can. Once you do get in, please do not loiter in the instance to set up your new Dyson outfit- go to another, outside tailor so we can get more people into the map. We appreciate your patience.
hzzfzXc.png
Shutup Wesley: First In Everything
Post edited by preechrsa on

Comments

• peyotefootstoolpeyotefootstool Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Shut Wesley DID IT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • quicktoesquicktoes Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Good Job Wesleys. Congratulations
  • duduosonduduoson Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Always keepin da fleet on top.

Breakin out da brown-brown for the boys and necklace them that don't show the proper respect for the Fleet yea?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • turbommx1turbommx1 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Woot! And thanks for the uniform access! :D
  • s101shikens101shiken Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks so much for the invite, uniform lookin' good!
    Vice Admiral Shiken, Senior Consul of the Council of Athena
  • suprcheesesuprcheese Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks Shutup Wesley. You guys rock. :cool:
    There is no problem in the galaxy that cannot be solved with sufficient application of firepower.
  • arwed1arwed1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Nice Work!!! Thanks to Shutup Wesley!!!
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    They really should increase the population cap on fleet holdings. Some days 20 or 25 just isn't enough.
  • oldschooldorkoldschooldork Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    preechrsa wrote: »
    In keeping with the Shutup Wesley tradition of excellence in completing Fleet Holdings first, we have now completed the Dyson Spire.

And your point, besides the ones your heads come to?
    AGpDi8m.gif
    I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Just ignore them.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • gurluasgurluas Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    What is the uniform called?
    And Congratulations!!
  • grimrak1grimrak1 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Please don't bring your jealousy into this celebratory thread.

ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Just ignore them.

Unfortunately the shrill shrieking of those who are determined to try and ruin everything nice we've done can be pretty intrusive, but this is good advice and we should probably follow it when more trolls pop up to try and take away from our accomplishments.

Kudos to you, Shutup Wesley. Keep up the good work of being number one. :D
    Fx3popQ.png
    But you know what? I guess it doesn't matter now does it? By being allowed to visit their studios Cryptic has pretty much signed off on you and your fleet haven't they? They've said in deed what most of us have suspected for years. They're not going to stop you. They're not going to correct you. You won. After long last, you really, really won. STO is yours and no one is going to do a thing about it. Congratulations.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The question people should be asking is....will it blend???
    congrats
    GwaoHAD.png
  • gardatgardat Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Congrats to Shutup Wesley and thanks for the (very cool) uniform! :D

If anyone wants access just join "NoP Public Service" and ask in there (if one is online) or ask one of them directly.
    486 DX2/66Mhz, 4MB SD-RAM, 16KB L-1 cache, 120MB HDD, 3.5" FDD, 2x CD-ROM, 8-Bit Soundblaster Pro, IBM Model M PS/2 keyboard, Microsoft trackball mouse, 256KB S3 graphics chip, 14" VGA CRT monitor, MS-DOS 6.22
  • heizlueftaheizluefta Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Congrats and keep up your philosophy !^^

Thats an outstanding service for community that has to be supported !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    congrats and good luck on future holdings...however many that may be :rolleyes:
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • wesleycrasherwesleycrasher Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Sure was busy tonight, I hope everyone enjoys their shiny new gear!
    All the toys you can't afford.
  • elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Since Cryptic now tacitly allows exploiting on fleet holdings, this achievement means fairly little.

But congrats, I guess.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
    edited January 2014
    elessym wrote: »
    Since Cryptic now tacitly allows exploiting on fleet holdings, this achievement means fairly little.

But congrats, I guess.

Please don't try and spoil a celebratory thread with made up vitrol. If you have any proof please feel free to file a ticket as appropriate.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. (Basically asking people to post about exploits is not allowed so I'm just changing that part but leaving the rest for now. ~Askray
    486 DX2/66Mhz, 4MB SD-RAM, 16KB L-1 cache, 120MB HDD, 3.5" FDD, 2x CD-ROM, 8-Bit Soundblaster Pro, IBM Model M PS/2 keyboard, Microsoft trackball mouse, 256KB S3 graphics chip, 14" VGA CRT monitor, MS-DOS 6.22
  • heartburzumheartburzum Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thank you everyone that has supported us and a big suck eggs to the haters.
    hb-sig
    You know what it is...
    -Supporter of Cryptic Lockboxes!
  • preechrsapreechrsa Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    gardat wrote: »
    Please don't try and spoil a celebratory thread with made up vitrol. If you have any proof please feel free to post it and/or file a ticket as appropriate.

He's talking about that fleet that somehow got to T3 research 10 days before it was possible to do so. That does tarnish the appeal somewhat, to be sure, but it doesn't take this away from us.
    hzzfzXc.png
    edited January 2014
    Ah well that certainly is something that passed me by. Good to hear Wesley made it the proper way!
  • elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    gardat wrote: »
    Please don't try and spoil a celebratory thread with made up vitrol. If you have any proof please feel free to post it and/or file a ticket as appropriate.

Cryptic does not act on this exploit. Filing tickets did nothing.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • amalefactoramalefactor Member Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Praise Dear Leader!

I mean that. I love these guys.

And the very reason the so-called "exploits" regarding fleet holdings happened was due to stupidly greedy fleets trying to charge for what was essentially a no-cost service. It costed the fleet nothing to allow people access, so the anger some people have toward other fleets not being as petty and greedy as themselves is telling.

For anyone who missed it, "NoP Public Service" channel is a great place to be.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    oh give the bad mood stuff a break. let them have their moment.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Congrats on finishing it.

I like the look of the Fed uniform, but it does make me very curious for the Klingon one.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • preechrsapreechrsa Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    mimey2 wrote: »
    Congrats on finishing it.

I like the look of the Fed uniform, but it does make me very curious for the Klingon one.

It's the same thing, there is no change. The coat comes in long and short, open at the collar and closed - the differences are very minor. There is also a skirt that is hilariously scandalous for females- we're talking might-be-too-racy-for-TOS levels.
    hzzfzXc.png
  • alethkiraenalethkiraen Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Oh great, thanks for taking away the one thing the KDF still had over the Feds. :(
    fRhmZXV.gif
    To boldly funk where no-one has funked before.
  • lordcuttersladelordcutterslade Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    thank you very much for the invite!!;)
    [SIGPIC]Everything is awesome![/SIGPIC]
  • tequilapastatequilapasta Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I would like to offer my congratulations to Shutup Wesley for this heroic effort, and thank them for their largess directed at a largely undeserving playerbase - I can only imagine what Taskforce Specter would have been charging had they been first. Fortunately, thanks to you, we will never find out.

I'd also like to extend my condolences to fleets like Taskforce Spectre - I know that you guys tried really hard with your whole memberbase, but you just weren't good enough. Better luck next time, I guess.
    TdfsKwJ.jpg