test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Friday Screenshots Available - 1/24/2014

Comments

• direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Would Voyager still be using the same bridge 38 years after being launched? A question to ponder. :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

At approx. 2:37 in the Tim Russ interview video, Tuvok is shown on one of the other (non-Voyager) bridge sets from the Intrepid Bridge Pack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Is his rank Rear Admiral, how come his sleeves don't show it?
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2014
    At approx. 2:37 in the Tim Russ interview video, Tuvok is shown on one of the other (non-Voyager) bridge sets from the Intrepid Bridge Pack.

Yeah, it's a staged scene. My post from another thread:
    That shot was staged for the video, and not from the episode, as far as I'm aware. I'll pass along your feedback to the video team about taking a look at [crew] uniforms in the future when staging shots.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    In regards to the uniform, we definitely wanted to use the original costume for promotional purposes. That said, the team is still considering an appropriate uniform for the game.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Please use the "appropriate" uniform.
    I mean the uniform you are showing here for promotial purposes isn't "original" either.
    Wrong colour. Wrong communicator. Wrong rang pins.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Looks like they're using the "Delta" bridge in these screenshots. Right now it is the closest looking Intrepid bridge in the game.
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    Please use the "appropriate" uniform.
    I mean the uniform you are showing here for promotial purposes isn't "original" either.
    Wrong colour. Wrong communicator. Wrong rang pins.

Tuvok is in a command position now, that is why he is wearing red.
  • kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I like the nice work done in the character of Tuvok, kudos to the artist.
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
    edited January 2014
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    Tuvok is in a command position now, that is why he is wearing red.

I don't think you got what I am saying.

Promotial purposes contra what it should look like now.

Bran stated this old Voyager era uniform was used for promotial services.
    So if they are using it to promote something, with the nostalgia factor, they could have used the true original.

Why going half the way for a promotion? Now neither the nostalgics nor the people wanting him to wear the modern, time-frame appropiate uniform are satisfied.

At least that's how I am looking at it.
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited January 2014
    Dear Cryptic, please put Tuvok in whatever uniform you see fit, with whatever department color you see fit, with whatever combadge you see fit, on whatever bridge you see fit.

Thanks.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
    edited January 2014
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    Dear Cryptic, please put Tuvok in whatever uniform you see fit, with whatever department color you see fit, with whatever combadge you see fit, on whatever bridge you see fit.

Thanks.

Like they are doing anything different anyways...
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Tuvok looks pretty spot on, but for some reason he seems a bit off.

His uniform, as others have said, he should be wearing the 2409 uniform. While we players can put on any uniform from any era, I don't think Tuvok is nostalgic enough to wear the 2370 style uniform that he wore while stranded in the Delta Quadrant.

The bridge, I'm disappointed that they didn't make or update the Intrepid bridges and opted to use one of those terrible faux bridges. But needless to say, as it was discussed, would Voyager use the same bridge? Perhaps. Technically we only saw different bridges used with the Consitution and the Miranda, but never saw any major changes with the Galaxy and the Sovereign bridges. So my guess is Voyager has the same exact bridge, just with a few tweeks. Different color carpet and walls, and some stations getting updated.
  • wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    In regards to the uniform, we definitely wanted to use the original costume for promotional purposes. That said, the team is still considering an appropriate uniform for the game.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

promotional uses? lol as if we wouldn't know who tuvok was without a uniform from voyager lol

I think it would have been better to use the uniform used in first contact as it was the last tv/film uniform used that's closest to the time line. a uniform they obviously started wearing when they returned to the alpha quadrant. admiral janeway springs to mind in st:nemesis.

sadly that uniform makes tuvok look like voyager never made it back.

it would also make sense to use your 2409 uniform but tbh I've never been a fan.

it would be nice if we are able to select the uniform of our crew members.
  • terragosaterragosa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Please keep that uniform, but use the appropriate canon combadge.
  • direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    I already pointed out the Enterprise bridge have not significant changed in volume or layout, I could also point out the Enterprise-B bridge itself is still within the same size as the Excelsior bridge.

This was opportunity to have the Intrepid interior with a decent scaled bridge ... one that was once again missed, its hard to not be jaded and say it was missed because the next Lock box ship need a bridge and guess what gets priority?

Enterprise-A, Enterprise-B, Excelsior (Sulu's NCC-2000, not Styles' NX-2000), and even Prometheus all use the same physical bridge set, redressed in different ways.
    wazzagiow wrote: »
    promotional uses? lol as if we wouldn't know who tuvok was without a uniform from voyager lol

I think it would have been better to use the uniform used in first contact as it was the last tv/film uniform used that's closest to the time line. a uniform they obviously started wearing when they returned to the alpha quadrant. admiral janeway springs to mind in st:nemesis.

sadly that uniform makes tuvok look like voyager never made it back.

it would also make sense to use your 2409 uniform but tbh I've never been a fan.

it would be nice if we are able to select the uniform of our crew members.

I guarantee you if they had gone outright with the 2409 uniform, non-STO Star Trek fans would've been raging, "wtf is up with that uniform?!?!?"

Cryptic is marketing to more than just the players that are already playing the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I understand you want him in the voyager uniform but at that point why not use the voyager combadge. Also we know Janeway moved on to the s4-7 ds9 uniform so why not use the admiral variant with the gold trim and belt?
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2014
    Cryptic is marketing to more than just the players that are already playing the game.

Bingo :) We absolutely love our existing players (we wouldn't be here without you all!), and I'm sure our existing players love new players in the game as that goes towards allowing us to continue making amazing Seasons and epic expansions.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ohhhh! That Brandon.. doesn't he just make you furious..

*pours milk on her Bran Flakes and Dig in*

Orions can TOO eat bran flakes! Dont ya just love Orions?

I am not Bad, but I am drawn that way.

Ok ok, I'l stop... some day... maybe when I'm dead...maybe...
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Bingo :) We absolutely love our existing players (we wouldn't be here without you all!), and I'm sure our existing players love new players in the game as that goes towards allowing us to continue making amazing Seasons and epic expansions.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Totally get that Bran. Marketing =/= Actual Product. Else everyone would be very disappointed when they open a pizza box and don't see it looking so perfect.

On topic, I know you guys said youre looking at an appropriate in-game uniform for Tuvok, may I suggest the Odyssey Uniform? Its similiar to the VOY Era Uniform with the professionalism of the TNG S3-7 Uniform and the more uniformity look of the TNG Movie Uniform. We've already had the Sierra uniform since Star Trek Countdown, the Antares was never well recieved and the Jupiter Uniforms, while nice, feel a bit too guns and leather for my taste.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!
  • hylanvahrhylanvahr Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Brandon,

Thanks for relieving my concern about the uniform Mr. Tuvok is wearing in the promotional stuff. Your artist(s) did a great job modeling his face, an improvement over Ritual Entertainment's interpretation for Elite Force 2. Now he deserves the right clothes.

I think Tuvok would look outstanding in the DS9 Admiral's uniform (sharpest uniform ever in all of Trek, imo, rivaled only by the TWOK unis). Other NPCs on the bridge could wear the standard First Contact uniforms to match. Short of that, he could sport a Jupiter uniform almost identical to Captain Shon's, but with the Gold Veteran shoulders and piping variant befitting his flag rank, or he could sport the Admiral's coat as seen on Admirals Quinn and T'Nae. Whatever they decide, I have a feeling it's gonna be a great episode regardless.

I really hope you can convince the boys and girls at Cryptic to bring us the original Voyager bridge with accurate interiors similar to what was in Elite Force. Perhaps a Voyager bundle pack with cool extra goodies to boot like the others. I have every bundle so far, and would gladly snatch it up if it helped encourage the making of a TNG bundle too. :)
  • hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Today, on STO Fashion Review, a screeching slap fight over era-appropriate uniforms and rank pips....

:rolleyes:
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

tim russ and his team is also pitching star trek renegades to cbs. he don't wear the same uniform as he did in voyager in that. omg some one should warn him no one will know who his character is !?!? so it will fail instantly. :eek:
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    robdmc wrote: »
    Also we know Janeway moved on to the s4-7 ds9 uniform so why not use the admiral variant with the gold trim and belt?

For me, "But Janeway did it!" is a sure-fire way to convince me to do the exact opposite of that thing. :P
    hylanvahr wrote: »
    I really hope you can convince the boys and girls at Cryptic to bring us the original Voyager bridge with accurate interiors similar to what was in Elite Force. Perhaps a Voyager bundle pack with cool extra goodies to boot like the others. I have every bundle so far, and would gladly snatch it up if it helped encourage the making of a TNG bundle too. :)

I hope we get a "proper" Voyager bridge, too, but in terms of scaling it will never be as good as Elite Force, simply because STO is not an FPS, and there does need to be some extra room for the camera. The TOS and "Belfast" Defiant bridges prove that Cryptic can make it pretty darned close, though.
    hanover2 wrote: »
    Today, on STO Fashion Review, a screeching slap fight over era-appropriate uniforms and rank pips....

I'm participating in said "slap fight," but I get the impression some people are taking it way more seriously than I am...
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yep :) Guess you'll have to play the episode to find out more about that.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

It's going to be temporal. Just like Temporal Ambassador. Knew it.
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Would Voyager still be using the same bridge 38 years after being launched? A question to ponder. :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    Probably not. I doubt that they would keep it much longer than a decade maybe two.
    oracle54 wrote: »
    Yeah, Tuvok is really getting hosed. I mean we reached 3 star rank in, apparently, a year, and he's been in Starfleet for over 60...
    Well keep in mind that on Voyager he was a lieutenant despite having served with Sulu. I doubt Tuvok cares that much about rapid advancement as long as his work is fulfilling and useful.
    tyraidd wrote: »
    Tuvok looks pretty spot on, but for some reason he seems a bit off.

His uniform, as others have said, he should be wearing the 2409 uniform. While we players can put on any uniform from any era, I don't think Tuvok is nostalgic enough to wear the 2370 style uniform that he wore while stranded in the Delta Quadrant.

The bridge, I'm disappointed that they didn't make or update the Intrepid bridges and opted to use one of those terrible faux bridges. But needless to say, as it was discussed, would Voyager use the same bridge? Perhaps. Technically we only saw different bridges used with the Consitution and the Miranda, but never saw any major changes with the Galaxy and the Sovereign bridges. So my guess is Voyager has the same exact bridge, just with a few tweeks. Different color carpet and walls, and some stations getting updated.

I think the thing with his face is that his cheek bones are imperfect. It's a limitation of the system. But I love how well they got his nose (can we have some of that tech?)

Overall it's a bang up job. I wonder what T'Pel would think. Hopefully the ears are the right length, Vulcans are touchy about that.

As for his uniform I would recommend the Jupiter Veteran for Tuvok as it keeps him in line with Va'kel Shon.

We saw three Constitution class bridges, the original, the refit, and the Enterprise A's. Same general layout, but otherwise substantially different (Especially the A in IV and V).

While the Enterprise-D and the Yamato had the same bridges, the Odyssey had a much different bridge, and the Enterprise-D sadly was lost before he first major refit (scheduled every 20 years). There's also the differences between the Excelsior's bridges during the NX vs NCC days. The original Excelsior Bridge would actually be at home in STO :P.

The bridges were designed with the intention that they could be readily swapped out, according to Jefferies, which I always thought was a nice touch. I doubt such change outs would take more than a week with that in mind. Contrary to popular believe, modular components have been around since before the 25th century.
    Ohhhh! That Brandon.. doesn't he just make you furious..

*pours milk on her Bran Flakes and Dig in*

Orions can TOO eat bran flakes! Dont ya just love Orions?

I am not Bad, but I am drawn that way.

Ok ok, I'l stop... some day... maybe when I'm dead...maybe...
    Yes...yes we do.

No...please, don't stop. And by all means...move.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • rheatitanrheatitan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I know its likely to be updated better but in the bridge screenshot the tunic it correct but the trousers isn't. The trouser looks to be the one from the academy set with the colour stripe running down the seam of the leg. Also the tunic and the trousers are different shades of black.

If ye are going with the voyager uniform could you go with that era's combadge the 2409 one just looks wrong. :)
  • trekkerchicktrekkerchick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    There should be no doubt that we'd love to get the original Intrepid bridge in the game in the future, just like how the TOS bridge is in-game.

The player base has been pleading nearly in tears for four years for properly scaled and detailed bridges.
    Particularly proper Defiant, Intrepid, Galaxy and Excelsior bridges.

We got an original Constitution's, instead... But later we did at least get the Defiant's.
    But story wise, it just wouldn't make sense that Voyager wouldn't have been retrofitted many, many times since we last saw it during the Voyager finale.

In nearly every case of a bridge module refitting, or even succeeding class design, they still heavily resemble the original classes Bridge Module. Or at the very least, it's most recent predecessor. But down to it, usually the only changes are station positions, paneling coloring and lighting.

And given the history, I]budget and effects reasons aside[/I even though it's 2409, it's not unlikely that Starfleet is still producing Intrepid, Defiant, Sovereign, Akira, Steamrunner, Saber, Nebula.
    And quite possibly the Galaxy to an small extent, which would only be on it's second heavy refit level tech I]one every 20 years[/I.
    Even the Intrepid would only be on it's first heavy refit level tech. It's second refit marked for 2411. Not many many refits. One...
  • sychosis99sychosis99 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

That's one of the little things that always irked me about STO since early beta, I always thought there should have been one 'official' uniform for Starfleet of that time period. All of the NPC's would wear that offical uniform, players would be aware which uniform was considered the official one, but of course the player would still have the option of choosing to wear which uniform they desired.
  • alikainalikain Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Okay cryptic is about time you get something right after all these years. The fed uniforms, all NPC should use the current time line uniforms instead of every one is wearing something different. I can understand about players, but not NPC. Why do we out rank Tuvok, seriously that doesn't make sense. What's this that you want to wait into the future before you bring the original bridge of voyager into the game. How many years now since we have been asking for it. Am an intrepid ship fan, I can not fly a ship which to me looks and feel incomplete. Please make it so.
    "You ask why we give our ships computer normal emotions. Do you really want a warship incapable of loyalty?"
  • nyx219nyx219 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    hanover2 wrote: »

LOL, I've been envisioning this thread in full-on hand-flapping mode.

Bran, from the teasers you guys have let us see so far, I like the visuals. You could dress him in a nun's habit for all I care and it would be fine in my book, it's Tuvok!
    I'm not going to be as anal retentive as others about the staged bridge (excellent way to keep story imagery under wraps!) or his rank & uniform. If the rank and uniform are tied to the storyline, then so be it, a lot of people need to put a sock in it until we can play it & see where these clues fall. If you're looking for suggestions on the uniform, though...I have to agree the DS9 one is pretty classy.
  • hawke89305092hawke89305092 Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The uniform thing doesn't really seem like a problem, given the precedent set by other NPCs. If we were to give Tuvok what matches up best with everyone else, we'd be seeing him in one of those ugly default uniforms, which seems like a step back to me. Given that in STO's canon every captain seems to be allowed to set whatever uniform they want for they crew, I'm fine with Tuvok having his crew use the DS9 uniforms.

The bridge, on the other hand? Old, big, ugly, and the LCARS no longer match those found everywhere else. May I humbly suggest changing this to either the Origin bridge (a much better 2409 era bridge, and not unreasonable on Voyager), or perhaps the Belfast (to capitalise on the nostalgia factor)?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]