test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Friday Screenshots Available - 1/24/2014

124»

Comments

• tick0tick0 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Perhaps the reason we haven't seen more Bridge Packs, like the Constitution and Defiant, is because they didn't sell too well? If so, Cryptic obviously doesn't have new Bridge Packs at the top of their schedule. Why would they devote resources into a project that isn't going to net them a nice, big income (which is completely understandable)?
    star_trek_razzle_dazzle_by_schematization-d37701m.gif
    @f4tamy | Sad Pandas
  • wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    tick0 wrote: »
    Perhaps the reason we haven't seen more Bridge Packs, like the Constitution and Defiant, is because they didn't sell too well? If so, Cryptic obviously doesn't have new Bridge Packs at the top of their schedule. Why would they devote resources into a project that isn't going to net them a nice, big income (which is completely understandable)?

perhaps but there is also doing things right. i think it's reasonable to expected 5/6 replica bridges fed side, being the main ones from the tv shows and the ent-e. sadly this game launched with no hits all misses. the variants just make me think errrm if you went to that effort why didn't you just make the real deal.

idon't own the tos bridge pack. i prefer ds9 so i obviously use the Belfast. arguably the best bridge in the game.
    but despite not owning the tos bridge pack i look at it and always think that is a master piece. tos and Belfast(defiant) bridges are really well done and actually is something i believe anyone that worked on them should be proud of.

sadly can't feel that at all about any other fed bridge in game.

here is my fed side wish list.

voyager bridge and interior
    enterprise - E bridge and interior
    Prometheus .....
    ent-D ....

oh and while I'm here. if some one can fix or add an account bank option the Belfast bridge that would be nice. it's either a massive oversight or a bug.
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    No, they arent.

No, its not ...

The baseball fields Cryptic calls "a bridge" are something we have and will continue to complain, I could point out the Enterprise maintain its overall bridge SIZE, dont belive me?

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/gallery/bridges1.htm

2254-2293

38 years you say? how about 39 ...

maintians its overall size, yes, however, in that 39 year period, it had 7 different bridges, while not all were complete overhauls, the bridge did change. and if you look closely, the 2254 to 2265 change increased it's size a little.
    sychosis99 wrote: »
    That's one of the little things that always irked me about STO since early beta, I always thought there should have been one 'official' uniform for Starfleet of that time period. All of the NPC's would wear that offical uniform, players would be aware which uniform was considered the official one, but of course the player would still have the option of choosing to wear which uniform they desired.

technically, there IS "One" official uniform in STO..... the one all the crew NPC's are wearing. the others are variants, with jupiter being their newest variant.
  • januhulljanuhull Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yep :) Guess you'll have to play the episode to find out more about that.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Time travel? Did you learn nothing from Braga and Berman's latter day meltdown into ceaseless use of time travel as a crutch for plots?

Not a good thing. You're making me happy I made a toon modeled on Doctor Who with all the timey wimey TRIBBLE in this game.
  • odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I shall refer to Tuvok as Commodore since that's what that rank should be called.
  • theultimatextheultimatex Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You guys are killin it with the likenesses of the actor's faces for Tim Russ and Michael Dorn. Whomever does your character animation/design needs a RAISE! :)
  • theultimatextheultimatex Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    reximuz wrote: »
    Dyson joint command is headed by a Romulan of Commander rank who gives us all orders, while we stand at attention.

This man speaks the truth.
  • iam0utlawiam0utlaw Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    there is no "underwater view" setting that i can find in video setting menu.. can you point the steps ( do i need to get there?) :confused: