test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Friday Screenshots Available - 1/24/2014

Comments

• tehjoneltehjonel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    change the uniform. update the voyager bridge. kkthx.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    sweet, It's Rear Admiral lower half Tuvok :O
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    lan451 wrote: »
    Ahaha you noticed that too? I don't even know what's going on there. That LCARS...wtf?

Some buttons on that interface are bigger then heads... and you would need rocket boots to reach them.

The graphics of this game came a long way. Don't give us an ancient artifact like that...
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2014
    lan451 wrote: »
    Ahaha you noticed that too? I don't even know what's going on there. That LCARS...wtf?

They only updated the LCARS, on the Origin Bridge. (And those are backwards)

I have nearly every federation Bridge unlocked and have tested them is the last few weeks, (because i put a different bridge for each ship) and all of them have the old blue LCARS.

This is Really Annoying. plus the Orange "Delta" Bridge is just ugly and the "Intrepid" Bridges don't have enough Chairs.

I have the Nomad Bridge on one of my ships, it usually has 12 officers on the bridge. How come even though I have 15 Different Bridge Officers, (All in Matching Uniforms) do I get stuck with 5 Random of my Bridge officers, and 7 NPC's. It would make sense if it was the 5 I have slotted as Bridge officers for that ship, but It pulls 5 Random ones, each time I visit (They change if I go to Engineering and Back)

I wish it would fill all the open Spawns on a Bridge from the pool of Open Bridge officers that you have and if there are not enough available bridge officers then fill in with NPC's, This would be a happy medium because it would get a full bridge of Officers in the Same Uniform, as most People put all their officers in matching costumes.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    We've added 2 new screenshots to the screenshot gallery! Tim Russ stars as Admiral Tuvok in our upcoming Feature Episode, "A Step Between Stars," that releases next Thursday.

Link to the gallery.

Tuvok's face looks a bit squished. his lips need to be a bit more rounder and protruding, the nose needs to stand out a bit more especially around the outer nostrils. the hair itself should stand out a bit more in thickness. in addition the cheek bones needs doing as well as the chin.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Tuvok

seems the research department has failed to give full instruction to the character dev.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    edited January 2014
    Tuvok's face looks a bit squished. his lips need to be a bit more rounder and protruding, the nose needs to stand out a bit more especially around the outer nostrils. the hair itself should stand out a bit more in thickness. in addition the cheek bones needs doing as well as the chin.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Tuvok

The man is 30 years older. Give him a break. :D

But seriously, the character model is okay. Good work.
    Just get rid of that nightmarish parody of a bridge...
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
    edited January 2014
    xiaoping88 wrote: »
    The man is 30 years older. Give him a break. :D

even 30 years old, he wouldnt look that much different other then a few grey hairs. look at end game for example in that deleted timeline with the older janeway for ex.
  • direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Maybe not the exact same bridge, no. But let's face it, that bridge wouldn't even fit inside the Intrepid. :P

I'm not trying to be mean, I just would love to see the 'original' STO interiors updated a bit to actually have more of a starship feel to them instead of looking like massive voids with some chairs dotted around, I feel too far away from all of my officers, and none of my officers are tall enough to reach the LCARS panels across the back of the bridge.

I do like that you've kept him in the Voyager era uniform though, it's my favourite uniform and it suits his character. :)

They've said plenty of times that it has to do with the camera, which I think is bogus because there are plenty of examples where they have smaller spaces with half the interior height of the current bridges/ship interiors that work just fine.

I think it has more to do with the fact that some dev early in the game thought it was "iconic" to have all-out gunfights with entire boarding party teams duking it out on the bridge (which should never, ever happen for multiple reasons)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
    edited January 2014
    even 30 years old, he wouldnt look that much different other then a few grey hairs. look at end game for example in that deleted timeline with the older janeway for ex.

Well, they used the same actor for those scenes, obvisouly.
    Since this is a game, they can simulate the aging process on a different level.
    Also, they worked with the original Tim Russ, who is what now? More then 12 years older?
    Since Vulcans age differently, they could have worked with the real person.
    Admiral Tuvok looks younger in 2408 then Tim Russ looks now.

The inaccurancies are not that bad in my opinion. Either way...
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The bridge screenshot looks like it is from Elite Force 1. Seriously, it looks blocky, untextured, and outdated in graphics.

Still, it's nice to feel some nostalgia for EF 1.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2014
    kirksplat wrote: »
    The bridge screenshot looks like it from Elite Force 1. Seriously, it looks blocky, untextured, and outdated in graphics.

Still, it's nice to feel some nostalgia for EF 1.

EF 1 never had such out-of-scale environments.

http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/25236-star-trek-voyager-elite-force-collector-s-edition-windows-screenshot.jpg
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
    edited January 2014
    frankly the character created looks nothing like tuvok imo.
    edited January 2014
    frankly the character created looks nothing like tuvok imo.

Don't exaggerate. Criticism is fine, bu to say that charater model looks "nothing" like Tuvok? That's just overdoing it by a few lightyears.
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
    edited January 2014
    hah! right... whatever you stated.
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yep :) Guess you'll have to play the episode to find out more about that.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Is this to imply you're acknowledging the rank thing?

I hope he doesn't try that bit Janeway did about "the ship with the greatest tactical advantage takes command." Because I've accumulated enough exotic weapons on the Vindicator to... Well, I don't know what I could do with them, but I'm pretty sure that Elachi subspace weapon I picked up violates a few treaties. And when Voyager picked up an sentient torpedo, they all freaked out about the twisted immorality of the thing. When I found one I fired it to see what it did.

I'm sure Voyager's gotten a few upgrades over the years, but many player captains are serious exotic superweapon packrats.
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    the character rendering looks great imo. the bridge looks like its using the old all blue lcars, whatever bridge it is need that updated!

its part of STO canon that the uniform code was relaxed so any can be worn. i recall in some fleet holdings and other places thers npc standing around in first contact uniforms, so i dont really see the big deal with what he's wearing.
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    reximuz wrote: »
    Dyson joint command is headed by a Romulan of Commander rank who gives us all orders, while we stand at attention.

Ok .... That bit bothers me as well ... but .... a lesser ranked officer can still be in charge of something (say a department) and give orders as that department head to a higher ranked officer ... In that case, it's the position talking and not the rank.

The key in those situations is to do so with a bit of respect and not from a superior attitude. ;)
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Shouldn't Tuvok wear the official STO uniform....oh, wait.... but shouldn't he at least wear the same uniform the other NPC's wear.... whatever...

Someone brought up his age, he should be around a 140 years old by STO time. Although there was some strange comment by Janeway on his birthday about him close to the three big digits. I'm not sure what digits she meant as he was already over a 100 years old then.....

And the "ZING !" is strong in this thread, poor devs. :D
    edited January 2014
    its part of STO canon that the uniform code was relaxed so any can be worn. i recall in some fleet holdings and other places thers npc standing around in first contact uniforms, so i dont really see the big deal with what he's wearing.

It's a polyform then. :rolleyes:
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    we've Added 2 New Screenshots To The screenshot Gallery! Tim Russ Stars As Admiral Tuvok In Our Upcoming Feature Episode, "a Step Between Stars," That Releases Next Thursday.

link To The Gallery.

Put Him In A 2409 Uniform Ffs! This Looks Terrible.

^All caps rage mode.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Would Voyager still be using the same bridge 38 years after being launched? A question to ponder. :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Poor excuse. Also love how you say that about the bridge, an entire interior section of a starship that would require weeks and perhaps months to change out.. and then leave him in an out of date uniform, something he changes every morning.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yep :) Guess you'll have to play the episode to find out more about that.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Yoiu guys remember in Season 6 when we got holo-Worf? What if these images are just a holo-recording of a previous mission or from when he was a RADM lower half?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
    edited January 2014
    Yoiu guys remember in Season 6 when we got holo-Worf? What if these images are just a holo-recording of a previous mission or from when he was a RADM lower half?

Interesting idea, but that doesn't add up.
    He was still Commander when he returned home. Even if he was instantly promoted to Admiral (skipping a few ranks), he would have worn the First Contact uniform by then.

Also, his communicator is a STO 25h century one.
    Reality is an illusion.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2014
    Poor excuse.

My apologies. The comment was not meant to be an excuse. There should be no doubt that we'd love to get the original Intrepid bridge in the game in the future, just like how the TOS bridge is in-game. But story wise, it just wouldn't make sense that Voyager wouldn't have been retrofitted many, many times since we last saw it during the Voyager finale.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So funny how we out rank Tuvok rofl...
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    But story wise, it just wouldn't make sense that Voyager wouldn't have been retrofitted many, many times since we last saw it during the Voyager finale.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Took the words right out of my mouth Bran :D
    edited January 2014
    -doublepost-
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2014
    In regards to the uniform, we definitely wanted to use the original costume for promotional purposes. That said, the team is still considering an appropriate uniform for the game.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    But.. I notice most of my toons Outrank him. I wonder if they did different dialog/voice overs dependednt on the player rank? (and how is it after all his decades of service that he is only a rear admiral lower half?.. He's got to have some feeling about the fact My character shot from a lowly ensign to Vice Admiral, Lt. General in less then a "few years" time....

I'd really like to see a bit more difference in the game between player level, and player rank...

Levels we earn, thats a game mechanic thing... but I don't feel like we are actually earning our ranks...

But Tuvok looks great, he truely does. And there are two shots there so we get a peek at part of the Intrepid bridge.. I hope thats an earlier non final version we see though.. it looks pretty thread bare....
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
    edited January 2014
    So funny how we out rank Tuvok rofl...

Maybe his rank changes based on what rank you are when you play the mission? Maybe if you're a Vice Admiral hes a Full Admiral (4 pips)
    In regards to the uniform, we definitely wanted to use the original costume for promotional purposes. That said, the team is still considering an appropriate uniform for the game.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Good to hear!