Comments

• Options
    thefastone21thefastone21 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Otha, looks like fun. :)
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The zone is full, this never happened before.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    pokersmith1pokersmith1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »

Oh my!!!! :eek:

:D
    Elite Defense Starfleet
    Elite Defense Stovokor
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,102 Arc User
    edited January 2014

There are two other zones open for me (VA) to switch to. :eek:
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    It needs to stay like this.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Although I never heard of the place. wit the current point system i holds no interest.
    1 Point for killing a fed/kdf character of alt faction seems really low IMO especilly when loading a virus to a console is 3 points this needs to be revised before I will go there.
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    robeasom wrote: »
    Although I never heard of the place. wit the current point system i holds no interest.
    1 Point for killing a fed/kdf character of alt faction seems really low IMO especilly when loading a virus to a console is 3 points this needs to be revised before I will go there.

It is still a objective based map, and you can still earn dilithium. If you place first some of the gear reward sells for millions on the exchange. I do think player kills should be worth more.
    320x240.jpg
  • Options
    simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    That would be the Shattering Harmonics set, which is used to detect cloak in exchange for minimal armor energy damage resistance. However, it's possible to work around that disadvantage with a bug. That bug is constantly used by a certain fleet group that also spawn/beam in camps on Otha.

I would love to know what bug you are referring to, I hate getting in that gear. You are in a paper bag. This is the first I have heard of it.
    320x240.jpg
  • Options
    hn45hn45 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Excuse my ignorance, but what is the Klingon Honour Guard armor being worn in the second picture?

http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/www/e5/44/e544b7bddd12ba86d09759621be732401390345225.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    hn45 wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance, but what is the Klingon Honour Guard armor being worn in the second picture?

http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/www/e5/44/e544b7bddd12ba86d09759621be732401390345225.jpg

Just the normal one tailored to a blue/grey theme.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    hn45hn45 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Just the normal one tailored to a blue/grey theme.

Oh, thankyou.
  • Options
    realisticaltyrealisticalty Member Posts: 851 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I don't want PVP, and it looks like that's obligatory.

If I can do it without PVP please send me a private mail and tell me how, (as I would never be able to find a response in this long thread.)

Otherwise, if it -requires- PVP, I'll avoid it and get back to my PVE, which is why I came to STO. To me, PVP / epeen contests are nothing more than who can click what faster, and I can find that elsewhere online if I want it. It discriminates against anyone with challenges.
  • Options
    v1ctor1stv1ctor1st Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So, i gave this a try, didnt even know it existed.

Went in and done the mission stuff, then got one shotted by a klingon. A few minutes later got one lunge kicked by a klingon cat thing. A few minutes after that got one shotted by another klingon.

I;m sorry Brandon, but you guys are SERIOUSLY putting this broken unbalanced TRIBBLE on the front page to entice folks who aint been to this place in? All this ground PVPVE has shown me is ground PVP is even more horribly unbalanced than Kerrat and main space pvp, at least in space pvp i have a chance of surviving the one shot vape builds, on the ground its just exploit user after exploit user mowing down the group of feds i was with.

Maybe its about time that the "Guest Blogger" is someone who is neutral who isnt making a blog to entice people in to something that their fleet mates can rofl stomp people in. It makes pvp look bad, it puts new people off of PVP and it ultimately shows just how broken and badly designed pvp actually is.
    AhvtPz9.jpg
    • "You know when that shark bites, with its teeth dear... scarlet billows start to spread..."
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I don't want PVP, and it looks like that's obligatory.

If I can do it without PVP please send me a private mail and tell me how, (as I would never be able to find a response in this long thread.)

Otherwise, if it -requires- PVP, I'll avoid it and get back to my PVE, which is why I came to STO. To me, PVP / epeen contests are nothing more than who can click what faster, and I can find that elsewhere online if I want it. It discriminates against anyone with challenges.

You do not have to PVP but people may still attack. Best chance of just being able to do the mission is be on the fed side. Everyone else will keep the KDF busy. Of course, if Otha even stays like this any longer. If it doesn't, you'll usually be alone and can do what you want.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    v1ctor1st wrote: »

Went in and done the mission stuff, then got one shotted by a klingon. A few minutes later got one lunge kicked by a klingon cat thing. A few minutes after that got one shotted by another klingon.

I;m sorry Brandon, but you guys are SERIOUSLY putting this broken unbalanced TRIBBLE on the front page to entice folks who aint been to this place in? All this ground PVPVE has shown me is ground PVP is even more horribly unbalanced than Kerrat and main space pvp, at least in space pvp i have a chance of surviving the one shot vape builds, on the ground its just exploit user after exploit user mowing down the group of feds i was with.

Maybe its about time that the "Guest Blogger" is someone who is neutral who isnt making a blog to entice people in to something that their fleet mates can rofl stomp people in. It makes pvp look bad, it puts new people off of PVP and it ultimately shows just how broken and badly designed pvp actually is.

If you want to blame people for the one-shots, blame the PVPers in the PVP forum. If it keeps them from one-shotting people, it will be nerfed. Anything that one-shots is "balanced" according to them.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Shattering Harmonic is your friend.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    solemkofsolemkof Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I went to Otha and all I got was a Mk X personal shield.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    solemkof wrote: »
    Not even a T-shirt?
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    solemkof wrote: »

Were you level 50? Did you get 1st place? Level 50s can get purple MK XIs for first place.
  • Options
    drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Nice post mate, reminds me I need to visit that with my toons again soon. Perhaps I run into a couple of you beware!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    robeasom wrote: »
    I think that's there to emphasize the E in pvpve.... Otherwise there'd be little point in killing Borg.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    basilisk1979basilisk1979 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    An other GROUND battlezone, that is rarely played.
    Go figure.
    Like any GROUND missions since the birth of STO most players playing STO see them and wonder why and when the devs will implement SPACE zones with equivalent complexity difficulty and reward were they can finaly use all the shiny ships PWE/Cryptic is selling to them .
    Please just delete some of the ground TRIBBLE and do some real endgame SPACE Battlezones. The Dysonsphere "space" battlezone was a good start but the rewards were just loughable and the missions as well. Nice thoughts but NOT ENOUGH in risk and reward.
    And making KI Ships with more hitpoints and invulnerability skills ( like the Voth ) are not higher difficulty but only more grindy.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    An other GROUND battlezone, that is rarely played.
    Go figure.
    Like any GROUND missions since the birth of STO most players playing STO see them and wonder why and when the devs will implement SPACE zones with equivalent complexity difficulty and reward were they can finaly use all the shiny ships PWE/Cryptic is selling to them .
    Please just delete some of the ground TRIBBLE and do some real endgame SPACE Battlezones. The Dysonsphere "space" battlezone was a good start but the rewards were just loughable and the missions as well. Nice thoughts but NOT ENOUGH in risk and reward.
    And making KI Ships with more hitpoints and invulnerability skills ( like the Voth ) are not higher difficulty but only more grindy.

Hey, you have a brilliant idea. Let's delete content. Woot, that really makes for a better game!
    I can't wait.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hey, you have a brilliant idea. Let's delete content. Woot, that really makes for a better game!
    I can't wait.
    Aww... you made my sarcasm detector explode... :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Glad I accomplished my mission.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    1. Fleet Command Germany and Hammer Squadron : 1 2 3

Otha has been rather busy today. All that fresh meat ;)
    Nice post mate, reminds me I need to visit that with my toons again soon. Perhaps I run into a couple of you beware!

Danke, don't forget your shattering harmonics set.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    simeion1 wrote: »
    I would love to know what bug you are referring to, I hate getting in that gear. You are in a paper bag. This is the first I have heard of it.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=12638681&postcount=2

See concern #22.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Ground is actually very balanced. However, there are one hit kill setups similar to the Klingon Bird of Prey vape build. Everyone that plays space knows they will survive if they use Tactical Team + Emergency Power to Shields and/or Reverse Shield Polarity.

There are counters on ground just as their are counters in space. It's a wall of text so I will just link it, but please see this post for an in depth explanation on how to counter cloak one hit kill tactics with any class: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=13236831&postcount=2
    That's what was going through my head when I first saw this Dev blog...
  • Options
    edited January 2014

That's what was going through my head when I first saw this Dev blog...

I challenge you to do better. Do one on... Shanty town? Cover shields? Attack Pattern Talon Jones?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    thay8472 wrote: »
    I challenge you to do better. Do one on... Shanty town? Cover shields? Attack Pattern Talon Jones?

Shanty Town, Ghost Ship, Assimilated Cruiser, and Deserted Facility all need a complete revamp. Ground PvP maps outside of Otha have far too many choke points, which makes it too easy for Enemy Neutralization Engineers to dominate. Deserted Facility is the worst of all maps, it has a choke point within 3 seconds running distance throughout the entire map.

If I had written a dev blog about Ground PvP, I would have done so from a neutral point of view. I wouldn't have mentioned specific Ground PvP fleets, there's no reason to do so outside of advertising. A guest blog isn't the place for such advertising. Two of the fleets you mentioned aren't even separate fleets, they are FES with a different name at the front. The only major Ground PvP fleets right now are -FS-/ACME, Hammer Squadron/Federation Emergency Services, Tip of the Spear, Klingon Imperial Guard, and 1st Starfleet Germany.

I'd either mention all of them, or none of them. I wouldn't have mentioned two real Ground PvP fleets, leave the rest out, and proceed to mention two fleets that aren't Ground PvP fleets. That would be blatantly telling the other Ground PvP fleets that they aren't legitimate enough to make the list. Yet you did, which further testifies to how poorly you and your fleet group think of the rest of the Ground PvP community.

The middle part of the article is good, you do some actual explaining, but then you had to finish the article with a jab...mentioning operative players without explaining the reason so many cloak on Otha. That reason is also the reason so few have been going to Otha lately, which brings us back to the reason you made the guest blog.

Nobody liked beaming down to the Otha map and landing on 8x Chroniton Mine Barrier while listening to you and your fleetmates laugh and scream "noob". Your fleet's spawn/beam in camping killed Otha as an open PvP map and now you are trying to get people to come back to the map. In the process, you made two subtle jabs at the rest of the Ground PvP community. Yet you can't understand why there is so much ill will toward you and your fleet group. It's also demonstrates that you and your fleet group didn't learn anything from the rest of the Ground PvP community leaving Otha as a result of your collective actions.