What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guest Blog: Otha Ground War Zone

13»

Comments

• thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    /Edit

Fleets: I'm not part of Fs,German fleet etc so I saw no need to list them, if you want to make a blog about ground pvp fleets... by all means.

Reason behind this blog: Well...... could be several?

Spawn Camping: You've been saying this for the past 6 or so months... still awaiting proof.

Maps: Agreed

Crazy Space Monkeyz / Hammer Squadron: They're by their own means their own fleets.

Cloaking on Otha "Jab": A small word of warning, nothing more.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Fleets: I'm not part of Fs,German fleet etc so I saw no need to list them, if you want to make a blog about ground pvp fleets... by all means.
    That's exactly the point, there was no reason to mention any of those fleets in the blog, it was about Otha. It was a shameless publicity stunt for a fleet group with a very blackened reputation.
    Reason behind this blog: Well...... could be several?
    I can think of several very unflattering reasons for your making the guest blog.
    Spawn Camping: You've been saying this for the past 6 or so months... still awaiting proof.
    Every Ground PvPer knows its fact, you've blatantly admitted it ingame on many occasions. The rest of the Ground PvP community doesn't despise you and your fleet group for no reason. Your group has been beam in/spawn camping Otha for much longer than "6 or so months". You must have gotten tired of camping the new players, as the oldies all got sick of it and left. Hence the guest blog in an attempt to get people back.
    Crazy Space Monkeyz / Hammer Squadron: They're by their own means their own fleets.
    Crazy Space Monkeyz is Federation Emergency Services with a different name for all intents and purposes. Everyone that PvPs from CSM is also in FES. Hammer Squadron is merged with FES in the same way that ACME is merged with -FS-, and House of Sigma isn't a Ground PvP fleet.
    Cloaking on Otha "Jab": A small word of warning, nothing more.
    uhuh, you forgot to mention the reason most cloak is to avoid getting beam in camped :rolleyes:.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    No different from the Ker'rat Blog.. or any other blog for that matter.
    I can think of several very unflattering reasons for your making the guest blog.

Espionage is one of them I assure you.
    Crazy Space Monkeyz is Federation Emergency Services with a different name for all intents and purposes. Everyone that PvPs from CSM is also in FES. Hammer Squadron is merged with FES in the same way that ACME is merged with -FS-, and House of Sigma isn't a Ground PvP fleet.

Maybe when you were part of Fes, however now they're all... separate.
    uhuh, you forgot to mention the reason most cloak is to avoid getting beam in camped

It's popular in Otha for multiple reasons...until said player comes up using #22

Now.. my good sir, how about a ground pvp fleet blog.. we can get all the pvp fleets in one "room" and watch as they slaughter each other.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • imadude3imadude3 Member Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i normaly don't do PVP but this sounds pretty cool
    Maintaining peace through overwhelming firepower.
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    v1ctor1st wrote: »
    So, i gave this a try, didnt even know it existed.

Went in and done the mission stuff, then got one shotted by a klingon. A few minutes later got one lunge kicked by a klingon cat thing. A few minutes after that got one shotted by another klingon.

I;m sorry Brandon, but you guys are SERIOUSLY putting this broken unbalanced TRIBBLE on the front page to entice folks who aint been to this place in? All this ground PVPVE has shown me is ground PVP is even more horribly unbalanced than Kerrat and main space pvp, at least in space pvp i have a chance of surviving the one shot vape builds, on the ground its just exploit user after exploit user mowing down the group of feds i was with.

Maybe its about time that the "Guest Blogger" is someone who is neutral who isnt making a blog to entice people in to something that their fleet mates can rofl stomp people in. It makes pvp look bad, it puts new people off of PVP and it ultimately shows just how broken and badly designed pvp actually is.

Heh... The Killers (player type, look it up) in EVE used to do this sort of post all the time. Same sort of lure to bring in the unsuspecting so that they can be slaughtered with no real challenge.

Poor killers... Cannot handle a real fight. Oh well.

You are correct though, ground PvP is even MORE bugged and imbalanced than Space and that is a pretty serious feat.
  • doalxkdoalxk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    hasukurobi wrote: »
    Heh... The Killers (player type, look it up) in EVE used to do this sort of post all the time. Same sort of lure to bring in the unsuspecting so that they can be slaughtered with no real challenge.

Poor killers... Cannot handle a real fight. Oh well.

You are correct though, ground PvP is even MORE bugged and imbalanced than Space and that is a pretty serious feat.

Well at least ground PvE is fun. And with random pugs can actually be something of a challenge.
    edited January 2014

That's not true at all. Outside of bugs causing unintended results, Ground PvP is very well balanced.
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    That's not true at all. Outside of bugs causing unintended results, Ground PvP is very well balanced.

All I can say to this is that you do not sound like you speak from experience... Tactical Captains, especially of a few species, are very imbalanced compared to everyone else.

Also once you secure a spawn point there is nothing like a load of mines and a bomb or two to make fighting impossible... Oops... There goes the balance.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    All I can say to this is that you do not sound like you speak from experience... Tactical Captains, especially of a few species, are very imbalanced compared to everyone else.

Also once you secure a spawn point there is nothing like a load of mines and a bomb or two to make fighting impossible... Oops... There goes the balance.

Or the person is a tactical cloaker who attempts to keep his or her one-shot from being nerfed while arguing that anything else is OP.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
    edited January 2014
    I've been active in PvP on the ground for almost two years now. Believe me when I say
    it is more than possible to tank and kill Tactical officers with any class.
    Spawn camping is a separate issue that is not unique to Ground PvP as I recall.
  • timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Oh good on ya, now every man and his dog know about otha, i liked farming this area on my quiet days, now im looking at getting ganked every day.... will most likely avoid now till people forget again about that lil backwater area..
  • perfectcrypticperfectcryptic Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Not even a T-shirt?

I would actually do it again if I got that in the tailor. May be it could be tied to an accolade "All I saw on Otha was 1 shot"