test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

so, how much rubberbanding and server not responding do you get?

captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
i just want to know, how common it is to for you guys.

i get quite alot, and it often only appears during pve.

so much so, that every time there is a lull in the battle i think im about to be logged off, or pinged back where i started.

i use live mic, and i don't understand how when you have "server not responding" you can still talk.

very strange:confused:

anyhow, how common is this for you guys, and how often does it happen?
nerf.jpg]
Post edited by captinwh0 on

Comments

• captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i et quite alot of rubberbanding, so much so, i can almost hear the elastic stretching every time i set off
    nerf.jpg]
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The answer to that is: Never.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    captinwh0 wrote: »
    anyhow, how common is this for you guys, and how often does it happen?

For all purposes and intent, never.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I start getting rubberbanding and timeoutes around 8pm Eastern Time every night. By 9pm, the large maps with a lot of participants such as crystailline and NWS are unplayable. Sometimes I can still play maps with a few participants like ISE/CSE, but sometimes they are even too laggy.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Unless its a known problem like the server is about to crash, severe weather causing ISP issues or its day/week 1 of a new season etc, on a day to day basis i pretty much get no lag at all.

there might be the occasional spike for a few seconds once in a blue moon but anything could be causing that, and i do get a few sever not responding during the loading screens but they often only last 10 seconds or so and just make the load screen last a bit longer.

any problems i have are so small as to not bother me.
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    captinwh0 wrote: »
    i just want to know, how common it is to for you guys.

In ship equipment terms, it's "Ultra Rare."
  • sethpcsethpc Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Almost never. The only time I experience rubberbanding or anything similar is when Everyone in the house is streaming and/or torrenting. And disconnects tend to be the result of a new patch (which eventually gets ironed out) or ISP shenanigans somewhere upstream.

for what it's worth, I'm running Win7 64-bit, on a 3.5 GHz 6-core CPU, with 8 Gb of RAM. And I'm on cable internet.
  • adorkabledoriadorkabledori Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Not only rubberbanding, lagging, server disconnecting, but also a slow download of patch during a reinstall of the game. Atm, it's has still downloaded 0.9 % of the 12GB after 3 hours, and this while it normally takes a 30 minutes max. All those issues with the server started for me the moment Cryptic decided to patch the servers this Thursday. Before it, I didn't got those issues. All network related stuff at my end is working as intended and at max speed :D
  • adorkabledoriadorkabledori Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    C'mon, 9 hours further and game patch hasn't moved a bit. Kick those hamsters in the rear end :mad:
    edited January 2014
    funny, i did a re-install, becouse of the delays, and had the same prob. try cancelling-and re-establishing, it some how sped up the second time,

dont worry, the files u have already downloaded will stay downloaded, it will just resume, but the load bar starts at the buguining.

if u look the data requirement goes down because of what u already have. anyhow.

cancel download and restart
    nerf.jpg]
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Almost never. The only time I see "Server Not Responding" is during some map transfers when patch-on-demand kicks in (I'm playing on a new hard drive, so I've been seeing this happen quite a bit lately).
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
    edited January 2014
    this is realy winding me up now, i have just completed the breach, and i didnt get anything for it because i was logged out right after the destruction or the crytstal!
    nerf.jpg]
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    had occasional rubberbanding earlier on, but it was so infrequent and perfectly timed that i never really noticed it other then when i was doing the pve race.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • zanos64zanos64 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Enough that I am about to give up on the game. I was thinking "life time membership". Now I'm thinking of keeping my money and walking away.
    I can play other MMOs with less connection [meaning little to none] issue, then I can STO. STO seems to have a15 minute timer and kicks me out at that point. No matter if I'm in an STF or not.

But I think they are more worried about the "shineys" then they are about the actual playability of the game. I saw the story were STO was ranked 6 outta 10 best MMO of 2013. That reviewer mustn't play the game, because IMO, the game isn't worth ranking.
  • captainednacaptainedna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    had enough to kick me from game.Now i cant get back in.
  • seraphtcseraphtc Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's been common for a lot of people over the last 4 days.

See here:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=979071
    edited January 2014
    jeffel82 wrote: »
    Almost never. The only time I see "Server Not Responding" is during some map transfers when patch-on-demand kicks in (I'm playing on a new hard drive, so I've been seeing this happen quite a bit lately).

thanks, big thread

i hope its not going to be another 18897741
    nerf.jpg]
    edited January 2014
    hopeing not to jinx this but patching the game via us proxy seems to solve it
    nerf.jpg]