test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Evidence of Borg presence in Dyson Sphere?

mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
Has anyone examined the debris field in the contested zone more closely?
Approaching it from the allied zone border, you come across a cluster of debris objects that clearly are of a different material than the rest.

I took a screenshot to make it more clear.

http://image-upload.de/image/FzvecJ/5e5924fe58.jpg

To me, this looks like a busted Borg Cube.

And this is the only place where this type of debris can be found in all of the debris field. So it is unlikely that we're looking at some random placement.

I haven't yet managed to crit the assignment to determine the nature of the debris field, so that might shed some light on it ?
2bnb7apx.jpg
Post edited by mrspidey2 on

Comments

• erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's more likely that Cryptic just reused the wreckage from part of some Borg space map.

With the whole Omega Particle storyline involving the Dyson Sphere going on I find it hard to believe that the Borg would not be front and center in the Sphere fighting both the Voth and the Allies for complete control of the tech found therein.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    But then again has vast has the Sphere is being billed to be the Borg could have in fact still be there but we just never encountered them :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    probably just reused old graphics.

im sure the borg will come into the omega particle storyline at some point, but i think this is just meant to represent the original inhabitants making a mistake that caused a lot of damage. maybe its a little easter egg, but if you put borg debris in there as a dev i would expect them to make more of a song an dance about it when you get close to it.
  • mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    errab wrote: »
    It's more likely that Cryptic just reused the wreckage from part of some Borg space map.
    Possible. But why place it there and only there? The rest of the debris field is completely homogeneous. If they were simply going for diversity, why not mix it up more?
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    mrspidey2 wrote: »
    Possible. But why place it there and only there? The rest of the debris field is completely homogeneous. If they were simply going for diversity, why not mix it up more?

Easter Egg?
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    gonalius wrote: »

Easter Egg?

Or... Lazyness?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Don't think the Borg are in it yet but... with the presence of Omega molecules I expect they'll be there soon, in force.
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • slashdot1slashdot1 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Curious and curiouser...but i like the idea that something`s out there that might have changed a borg cube into rubble..:eek:

On the other hand, it could ofcourse be a system failure inside that cube when they tried to assimilate the omega molecules into their system. Always tricky, tampering with something you don`t really understand.
  • thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    slashdot1 wrote: »
    Curious and curiouser...but i like the idea that something`s out there that might have changed a borg cube into rubble..:eek:

On the other hand, it could ofcourse be a system failure inside that cube when they tried to assimilate the omega molecules into their system. Always tricky, tampering with something you don`t really understand.

I change borg cubes to rubble everyday with my ships, it isn't hard these days to defeat a borg cube.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    slashdot1 wrote: »

If we would talk about TNG Borg I'd concur. But those FC/VOY wussie Borgs that we casually genocide while doing errand runs? Nah :D
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The Borg are the ones who are smacking the Voth around in their little war so it makes sense for a Borg ship to be there
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    looks like it might be a easter egg hope it is n there going to add a 3 way battle map maybe along the lines of the borg are forcing ther way in the the sphare and we have to show the voth how to kick the borgy TRIBBLE :rolleyes:
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    What, you mean like something similar to the Warzones in Eta Eridani and Omega Leonis, only PvEvE instead of PvEvP?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • slashdot1slashdot1 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    /conspiracy mode on:

i think all those cube sightings are there to prepare us for the real thing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA9yn82LGLg

/conspiracy mode off
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Has anyone examined the debris field in the contested zone more closely?
    Approaching it from the allied zone border, you come across a cluster of debris objects that clearly are of a different material than the rest.

I took a screenshot to make it more clear.

http://image-upload.de/image/FzvecJ/5e5924fe58.jpg

To me, this looks like a busted Borg Cube.

And this is the only place where this type of debris can be found in all of the debris field. So it is unlikely that we're looking at some random placement.

I haven't yet managed to crit the assignment to determine the nature of the debris field, so that might shed some light on it ?
    BTW, did you happen to look down while at the debris field? Hehe.... that particular... land mark.... is very curious in and of itself.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited January 2014
    Yeah, there's that huge chasm on the sphere's surface. Might be related to the debris and the possible Cube wreckage.
    Maybe that's how it got in? A hull breach?
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm not sure the Borg would want to hang around the sphere since our new Voth friend dropped hints that the Iconians never left, especially since the last time the Borg and the Iconians tangled a Borg cube gutted by a gateway.
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Is there any solid reference anywhere to suggest which species the Borg originated from?

Maybe the Borg are the offspring of the Iconian race and they returned to take back their home before being repelled. This repelling action could have caused the Omega thing which is happening in the sphere which would be like a magnet to the Borg. To alleviate the threats of future invasion the Sphere was 'abandoned' and sealed up to prevent incursion since I would imagine a structure of this size would be almost impossible to destroy and severe consequences for the outlying space would likely make it impractical if you could.

Of course if it was possible the Borg were about to crack the sphere and get in then outside assistance would be handy to be able to fight the Borg without letting on your still around. The Alpha and Delta quadrant species would be ideal buddies to do this as they are relatively easily manipulated to fight for your cause so long as you don't ever let them know you are getting them to do it. Doing this you whittle down your opponents resources leaving you at full strength to reveal yourself later.

Almost certainly we will see active Borg in the Sphere soon.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    When it comes to Cryptic, always assume a copypasta.
    edited January 2014
    Yeah, there's that huge chasm on the sphere's surface. Might be related to the debris and the possible Cube wreckage.
    Maybe that's how it got in? A hull breach?
    Possibly, or it might be pieces of the Sphere. The chasm is a BIG hole in the Sphere.... It's hard to be sure.

But anyways.... showing the Borg an Omega molecule is like waving a red flag in front of a Bull... they will come for you.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Your Mr. Negative arn't you?

VOY and ENT are copypastawasta, and so does Cryptic.

Geeez ... you just don't appropriate "stuff".
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • shortcultshortcult Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm sensing a story line where the Voth become our allies to fight the Borg.

OMG!!! I'm gonna get to ride a dinosaur with friggen lazerz!!!!!
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited January 2014

What on earth does cloned fetuchini have to do with the price of fish?
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Possibly, or it might be pieces of the Sphere. The chasm is a BIG hole in the Sphere.... It's hard to be sure.

But anyways.... showing the Borg an Omega molecule is like waving a red flag in front of a Bull... they will come for you.
    I am painting Omega molecules all over my posterior then... :D In mood for Borg soup. :D
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

edited January 2014

Exactly. Maybe it was the "Incident" that forced the Solanae to retreat into subspace that ruptured the sphere's hull. As a result, Omega-related energy emissions "leaked" through the breach, shining like a beacon in deep space, attracting the attention of the Collective.

They send the nearest cube to investigate. The cube entered through the Breach and got destroyed by... something. An Iconian probe maybe?

There are hints that it's the Borg who are attacking the Voth on their homefront. Are the Voth worlds located between the sphere and Borg space? Are the Borg simply trying to get to the sphere?

Oh well, I'm just speculating. It's probably just laziness on the devs' part.

...Or is it? :P
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • vhiranikosvhiranikos Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ugh... You guys are ridiculous, i know cryptic has disappointed you in the past leading to much butthurt, but to automatically call 'cut and paste!' is just an insult to the developers if they are actually throwing out easter eggs that some of you rudely dismiss in the face of any evidence.

*spoiler*

This is the voth Tier V video. skip to 1:50 and you will see the voth are currently at war in their home sector and are getting desperate, looking for a way to keep those enemies from them forever. (omega molecules) about the 2:10 mark there's a ship being attacked by.... very borg-looking pew pew beams.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFr1PF8dTNk

I can't say with 100% certainty because i didn't do it, but... gosh... sure doesn't look like they were lazy!
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dirlettia wrote: »
    Is there any solid reference anywhere to suggest which species the Borg originated from?

Maybe the Borg are the offspring of the Iconian race and they returned to take back their home before being repelled. This repelling action could have caused the Omega thing which is happening in the sphere which would be like a magnet to the Borg. To alleviate the threats of future invasion the Sphere was 'abandoned' and sealed up to prevent incursion since I would imagine a structure of this size would be almost impossible to destroy and severe consequences for the outlying space would likely make it impractical if you could.

Of course if it was possible the Borg were about to crack the sphere and get in then outside assistance would be handy to be able to fight the Borg without letting on your still around. The Alpha and Delta quadrant species would be ideal buddies to do this as they are relatively easily manipulated to fight for your cause so long as you don't ever let them know you are getting them to do it. Doing this you whittle down your opponents resources leaving you at full strength to reveal yourself later.

Almost certainly we will see active Borg in the Sphere soon.

If Cryptic does make the Borg connected to the Iconians, I think the Trek fandom will go into meltdown. :P

vhiranikos wrote: »
    ugh... You guys are ridiculous, i know cryptic has disappointed you in the past leading to much butthurt, but to automatically call 'cut and paste!' is just an insult to the developers if they are actually throwing out easter eggs that some of you rudely dismiss in the face of any evidence.

*spoiler*

This is the voth Tier V video. skip to 1:50 and you will see the voth are currently at war in their home sector and are getting desperate, looking for a way to keep those enemies from them forever. (omega molecules) about the 2:10 mark there's a ship being attacked by.... very borg-looking pew pew beams.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFr1PF8dTNk

I can't say with 100% certainty because i didn't do it, but... gosh... sure doesn't look like they were lazy!

You're new here, right? Because if you been here for a long time, you know that Cryptic used those same debris objects for non-Borg debris in several other missions, especially in Patrols. So accusations that Cryptic reusing those debris objects not thinking about it being Borg debris isn't uncommon.

But guess they like this kind of squabbling, did they intend it to be just debris? Or was it really supposed to be the Borg?

If it was the Borg, then why isn't the Borg here in force?

We know the Iconians are manipulating the Borg, do they want the Borg to get their hands on the Omega Particles?

We just don't know and knowing Cryptic, perhaps we will never know.
    edited January 2014
    You're new here, right? Because if you been here for a long time, you know that Cryptic used those same debris objects for non-Borg debris in several other missions, especially in Patrols. So accusations that Cryptic reusing those debris objects not thinking about it being Borg debris isn't uncommon.

But guess they like this kind of squabbling, did they intend it to be just debris? Or was it really supposed to be the Borg?

If it was the Borg, then why isn't the Borg here in force?

We know the Iconians are manipulating the Borg, do they want the Borg to get their hands on the Omega Particles?

We just don't know and knowing Cryptic, perhaps we will never know.

Do they really add them to patrols .?. okay ... I will have to see. My previous statement, I partially take back ...
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

edited January 2014
    Exactly. Maybe it was the "Incident" that forced the Solanae to retreat into subspace that ruptured the sphere's hull. As a result, Omega-related energy emissions "leaked" through the breach, shining like a beacon in deep space, attracting the attention of the Collective.

They send the nearest cube to investigate. The cube entered through the Breach and got destroyed by... something. An Iconian probe maybe?

There are hints that it's the Borg who are attacking the Voth on their homefront. Are the Voth worlds located between the sphere and Borg space? Are the Borg simply trying to get to the sphere?
    for even more fun:

How long has the Chasm been there?

How long have the Voth(and possibly Borg) known about the sphere?

Was the Sphere cloaked(and thus invisible to the Voth) prior to the events of Sphere of Influence?

Maybe the Voth made the Chasm. Maybe the Solanae did(accidentally). If/when we find out it should be interesting...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited January 2014
    Perhaps the Borg <Insert 3D shape here> got destoryed or damaged or imparied before it could say to the collective ... HEY ZOMG ... WE NEED TO TWEET THIS!

Slightly sketchy, but plausible.