test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New LCARS Looks bad here:

13»

Comments

• tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2013
    There are textures, that are applied to different surfaces throughout the game. What we're updating are those textures. If a given surface (console/monitor/control panel) uses the texture we updated, it will appear updated. But there are something like 30-40 different LCARS related textures, doing all of those will take some time, so we're doing the biggest impact ones first.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    While you're working on this it should be noted, Turbolift panels seem to be analyzing energy signatures ore Nebulae.

They probably should just be "button" panels.
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2013
    tacofangs wrote: »
    I've said this a few times, but maybe I need to try a different approach.

Think of it this way, there are a number of different shapes of legos.

We updated the 4x2 brick, because it is the most commonly used brick. Anywhere that was using the 4x2 brick, got the update. Anywhere that was using a different brick, did not.

The hope is that we can get some time to update more bricks as we go forward. We'll likely continue with the most common bricks first, so whatever is the equivalent of the 1x2 brick or something. I don't know when that will be.

First thing... Having Fun yet Taco :D

Second, You guys got the Stars streak right on the Origin Bridge but I noticed this with a few of the other screens. Some are Reversed. Some are Upside Down. and the Four Curved Console between the Captain and the Viewscreen are clipped throught eh curved.

Here is a Screenshot Gallery (Seven Images)

http://imgur.com/a/DZnLK
    edited December 2013
    At the time of all of these changed, the Origin Bridge was checked out to another artist (who made it). I gave him the textures, and he was supposed to correct the UVs there. . . that obviously didn't happen. We know about it, but I have to find some time to take care of it.
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2013
    tacofangs wrote: »
    At the time of all of these changed, the Origin Bridge was checked out to another artist (who made it). I gave him the textures, and he was supposed to correct the UVs there. . . that obviously didn't happen. We know about it, but I have to find some time to take care of it.

We'll the screenshots are there for reference if you need them.

Have Fun
  • synkr0nizedsynkr0nized Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I didn't want to create a whole thread or anything for this, and had remembered reading this one last month.

I just want to pass on that I really like the updated consoles. I am not currently of any help for identifying ones that are rendered incorrectly or stretched wrong, but I have definitely noticed how much nicer it is to walk around various maps. Thanks for the update!
    _______
    equal parts cynical and helpful
    edited December 2013
    Glad to hear it! Thanks!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I forgot to make a screenshot, but I just looked at the unity bridge. The Lcars on the walls were still the old ones, but the consoles in the middle of the room were the new style. Most of it looked pretty nice. But the left end of the big banana shaped consoles was weird. It uses the graphic with the squiggly lines, but when you look at the top part, the part that's supposed to be straight is squiggly too. It's not wrapped to follow the curve of the console either.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ditto for the post from primer13, some of the LCARS on the new bridge are backwards/flipped

LCARSoriginbridgebackwards.png
  • vtbmac07vtbmac07 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Got an upside-down LCARS at the back of the new Origins bridge.

lnUENIB.png
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    With the recent release of the Shuttle PVP Arena, it would be great if some resources could be allocated to update the FED shuttle interior LCARS.

Thanks.
  • russellcarussellca Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thread promote post - as there's been a number of duplicate LCAR related posts recently (both standalone and discussions in other broader issue threads).