test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Pick a Blog Topic" Web Article Feature - December 2013 - Submit Your Topics, Please!

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited December 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hello Captains!

This month, we will be running another "Pick a Blog Topic" web article feature! Maybe you've always wanted to know how voice over work is done, or how events are made, or something completely different. This your chance to get the inside scoop on a STO topic you've always wanted to know more about!

Please reply to this thread with your blog topic suggestions. We'll pick one of the submissions tomorrow and work on a Dev Blog about it that should be posted before the end of the month.

We're very much looking forward to what topics you come up with. Engage!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'd like to see a "KDF Roadmap" type of blog that shows us where the devs are in upgrading the Empire, such as story updates, new ships, etc...
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,109 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Pvp Blog. :D
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    oschwoschw Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The "bigger picture", focusing on the question, quo vadis, about the recent and upcoming changes to the different Ship classes ^^ (Cruiser commands, raider change, upcoming sci change)
  • Options
    nador67nador67 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'd like to learn more about the current timeline and updates on the various factions like the pathway to 2409.

What year is it now and how are the factions doing.
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,529 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Why are the "little things" players want such a complex mess to get us? Future Imperfect badges for example, proper ranks for the TNG Romulan uniforms, and many other costume and detail related things are what I'm aiming it.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    ceekayzeroceekayzero Member Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm curious as to how DOFFs are created, and promulgated throughout the game.
  • Options
    sychosis99sychosis99 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'd like to know when Klingons can finally wield Mek'leths! :D
  • Options
    tikonovtikonov Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    general updated timeline of things to come/no longer coming/etc (where will the game be in one year time)
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm going to repeat my standing request for an inside look at the QA process. I'll even supply a few questions to get it started:

• "Can you give us an overview of the QA process at Cryptic, particularly as it relates to STO?"
    • "How do you process bug reports? How many bug reports do you handle per day/week on average? After a major update?"
    • "How do you prioritize bug fixes?"
    • "How do QA testers interact with the other dev teams (art, systems, etc)?"
    • "How many lines of code are in STO, anyway?"
    • "What skills does a QA dev need to have?"

It's not cool or sexy, but it would help the community to have an understanding about what goes into the bug-squashing process. And it might help to counteract the perception that Cryptic doesn't care about bugs.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2013
    A look at how the STO team creates a new ship (any ship) from start to finish.
  • Options
    thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'd be happy with anything about the Foundry.
  • Options
    drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    bluegeek wrote: »
    I'm going to repeat my standing request for an inside look at the QA process. I'll even supply a few questions to get it started:

• "Can you give us an overview of the QA process at Cryptic, particularly as it relates to STO?"
    • "How do you process bug reports? How many bug reports do you handle per day/week on average? After a major update?"

It's not cool or sexy, but it would help the community to have an understanding about what goes into the bug-squashing process. And it might help to counteract the perception that Cryptic doesn't care about bugs.

What bluegeek said. Curious about QA myself after suffering the 18897741 bug.
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    How about something talking about the team's quest to maintain in-game balance at the same time as releasing new ships with new abilities, and how ships (in general) get designed based on what niches exist in the current line-up of ships.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    A PVP blog with out a doubt, this system needs some love, even if is only a blog.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'd like to see a "KDF Roadmap" type of blog that shows us where the devs are in upgrading the Empire, such as story updates, new ships, etc...

I'd take this one step further:

A STO Roadmap, where Mr Stahl sees the game headed during 2014, and what each faction can expect in terms of new UNIQUE faction content. The Beta Quadrant is still largely unexplored, and we have almost zero access to the Delta and Gamma Quadrants. High-time for expanding into new territories, and truly "Seek out new life and new civilizations."
  • Options
    verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I would like to see a blog about designing KDF outfits
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'd love to see a blog on the topic of exploration and the Doff system in STO in terms of:

- Where does exploration stand at the moment.
    - Any future plans to enhance this portion of the game.
    - How far has the dev. team dwelved on the ideas that were mentioned in interviews regarding exploration earlier this year?
    - Is it possible to get a bigger variety of the standard cluster explorations in the random generator?
    - The possibility of aditional tiers in the Doff system.
    - Any expansion to the Doff system that is being considered.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    How about a blog with the character artists addressing some main requests?
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    broodwynbroodwyn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I actually have 2 ideas:

How Ships and their various parts are programmed together,
    Such as the T5 Akira and its various incarnations, (Oslo, Zephyr, Akira, Thunderchild and Armitage), How does that game know where to put say the Oslo nacelles if I'm using the Armitage pylons

How Console Powers are made, The process from concept to Cstore
    How does it go from "A console that could do X" on paper to a power a player can use in game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Production Assistant & Art Director
  • Options
    ruinsfateruinsfate Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The QA process idea sounds like a good one. Be nice to know how, why, and even IF bugs get fixed. Cause there's a lot of bugs.
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I would like to get a general feel for the future plans for the game in terms of content people will want to play over a period of time rather than grinding.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    wdocwdoc Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    A guest blog about pvp, mainly ground pvp would be a nice change of pace.
    Doc of Hammer
  • Options
    xpectadeth68xpectadeth68 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I would like to know if the romulans will ever be free of the klingons and the federation and actually be a stand alone power as they once were....even with our own starbases etc??
  • Options
    drkaczsdrkaczs Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    How about a Dev Blog about over hauling and updating the fleet system about what you would like to add to the system.
  • Options
    hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited December 2013

I surprise myself for not asking for a blog about the Foundry, but what BlueGeek said above is the best topic mentioned in this thread so far, and there are lots of good topics.

So I add one more vote to a blog about the QA process.
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited December 2013

I'm going to have to put another vote to Bluegeek's request for insider info on Cryptic's QA process.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    halxiiihalxiii Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    PVP revamp ? No or No?
    Cancel PVP ? Yes or Yes?
  • Options
    captainednacaptainedna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Like others said ...PvP blog and if possible ingame updates.
  • Options
    ahilles7ahilles7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    PVP dev blog and nothing more.

PVP updates,revamp,etc.

:)
  • Options
    blahhdreyblahhdrey Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    PvP! Present, future, plans, etc.
    dEpN3nB.png?1
This discussion has been closed.