test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Pick a Blog Topic" Web Article Feature - December 2013 - Submit Your Topics, Please!

13»

Comments

• Options
    tomin8rtomin8r Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Whatever happened to the Children of Khan?
  • Options
    mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    mhighison

How come Caitians/Ferasans are not being able to wear flowers on their heads while Aliens that have a much vaster range of head sizes and shapes, are able to wear them?

Now that Caitians/Ferasans do have a option to not wear shoes on Risa and flaunt their paws, why did you not also enable that option with their uniforms?

Will you be allowing us to make the Caitians'/Ferasans' paws thicker then the current max setting and a little bit shorter then the current min settings allow us to make them look even more cat like?

Why isn't it possible for those that have bought playable species (like the Caitians/Ferasans) to get unlocks for their accounts to get the extra pieces those species use added as usable parts for the Alien species creator just like we can get additional costume pieces in Champions Online? You would sell a lot more species unlocks that way.

Why do females most of the time get more clothing options then males, such as the no undershirt option for the Cryptic designed uniforms except for KDF females that get the least clothing options in the game?

Why is it that the Alien species don't have the same anatomic things available to pick from as male ones do?

When will we get the unisex TNG skants in to the game?

Why are there so many color and material limitations in the tailor preventing us to match different items with each other, and not one big palette containing all the faction colors and individual material channels tied to each color part?
  • Options
    ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    1st Choice:

Future plans/road map towards improving/adding to PvP.

2nd Choice:

Bluegeek's QA idea.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    bluegeek wrote: »
    I'm going to repeat my standing request for an inside look at the QA process. I'll even supply a few questions to get it started:

• "Can you give us an overview of the QA process at Cryptic, particularly as it relates to STO?"
    • "How do you process bug reports? How many bug reports do you handle per day/week on average? After a major update?"
    • "How do you prioritize bug fixes?"
    • "How do QA testers interact with the other dev teams (art, systems, etc)?"
    • "How many lines of code are in STO, anyway?"
    • "What skills does a QA dev need to have?"

It's not cool or sexy, but it would help the community to have an understanding about what goes into the bug-squashing process. And it might help to counteract the perception that Cryptic doesn't care about bugs.

I second this. I think more insight into the QA process is needed badly.

However, I think I can take a guess as to your last question. Obviously, it doesn't require much skill to be a QA dev. What with their "Fix one thing, break 5 others" and "If it ain't broke, break it first then fix it" policies, and taking many months to fix certain bugs (example: the doff department heads, and ship and away team stations constantly resetting, introduced with LoR and was just fixed in the latest patch).

And to add to it:
    • Are bug fixes prioritized to come AFTER new content, instead of during the new content creation process? (Bugs that are not related to upcoming content and are already on the live servers)
    • Why is it that new content during beta testing will have bugs fixed and everything seems fine, but when it goes live new stuff seems to break and old bugs that were fixed go live? Why can't it stay fixed and working when it goes live? What the heck happens with the transfer to the live servers that doesn't happen on the test servers?

Seriously. It seems they ignore bugs and won't fix anything until after a new season launches. They seem to go into overdrive with the bug fixes after a new season launches but won't touch anything not super game breaking between season updates. Though it's very possible that some, not all, bugs are hard to track down and take a while to fix without severely breaking other stuff.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2013
    Thanks for all of the topic submissions! We'll be picking one and turning it into a Dev Blog that should be released before the end of the month.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2013
    Hi Captains!

We've picked our blog topic (nakedsnake001's "A look at how the STO team creates a new ship from start to finish."), but wanted to provide a quick update on when it will be posted.

We were originally planning to have it posted before the end of this month, but we are actually working on something related to the topic, so we're going to put it out in conjunction with the reveal of that "something". I think you will all find the wait quite worth it :)

Thanks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.