test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Pick a Blog Topic" Web Article Feature - December 2013 - Submit Your Topics, Please!

Comments

• Options
    zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Pakleds!

/10char
  • Options
    serevnserevn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    A PvP blog. It needs to happen.
  • Options
    ficrficr Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    1. Kdf
    2. Doff

Ex-CoH players, Please add the chat channel "CoX STO"
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'd love to see a dev blog announcing a major PvP or crafting update with Season 9. Even if it's just a preliminary blog on the subject, a timetable for the PvP or crafting revamp(s) would be a great read.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    seniorkafeiseniorkafei Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'd like to see a blog about the current state of the tailor, plans for the future (I know the art team has been doing a lot of work on the models lately). It sounds like updated hair is something that the team would like to do, so I'd like to hear more about that. Also, if there are any plans to maybe get rid of off duty outfits, and let us mix and match, or let bridge officers use off duty pieces, crew uniforms for ship interiors, etc.

I'd also like to hear of any progress on issues of clipping, how you decide which outfits to work on, why some outfits get both glossy and matte finish and others don't, why some outfits get full palettes and others don't, and things of that nature.
  • Options
    kalanikalani Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    How about an old school engineering report. Maybe break it down into things strongly being considered, things the devs would like to fit in the scheduled, and things not likely to fit in any time soon.

Then we can talk about that list in the forums and tell you what we want instead of the devs trying to predict what we want.

Maybe even attach a few polls to it or even better, a survey about the lists where we can prioritize as if we were the EP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    precharprechar Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    bluegeek wrote: »
    I'm going to repeat my standing request for an inside look at the QA process. I'll even supply a few questions to get it started:

• "Can you give us an overview of the QA process at Cryptic, particularly as it relates to STO?"
    • "How do you process bug reports? How many bug reports do you handle per day/week on average? After a major update?"
    • "How do you prioritize bug fixes?"
    • "How do QA testers interact with the other dev teams (art, systems, etc)?"
    • "How many lines of code are in STO, anyway?"
    • "What skills does a QA dev need to have?"

It's not cool or sexy, but it would help the community to have an understanding about what goes into the bug-squashing process. And it might help to counteract the perception that Cryptic doesn't care about bugs.

This ^ a 1000 times this ^.
    But watch them Pick the easiest to answer suggestion given.:rolleyes:
    It's your world Boss I'm just a squirrel trying to get a nut!
  • Options
    tomin8rtomin8r Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Where Cryptic is actually going with the story missions.

State of the Fed/KDF War

Is it still 2409?

Galaxy Class revamp

Bringing older ships up to par

Official statement on T5 Constitution Class, as it pertains to 2013 and 2014. To combat the ridiculous number of threads.

Why QA seems to be ignored, ie, bugs reported on Tribble going Live
  • Options
    bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Formulas.

A blog about some of those hidden formulas in the game such as how damage is calculated, hull passive repair rates, boff ability effect calculations, etc etc.

Math.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    A PVP blog with out a doubt, this system needs some love, even if is only a blog.
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Pvp Blog. :D
    wdoc wrote: »
    A guest blog about pvp, mainly ground pvp would be a nice change of pace.
    Um, yeah, that. Hehe, I'm especially interested in finding out if we'll ever be able to make PvP arenas in Foundry.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm going to repeat my standing request for an inside look at the QA process. I'll even supply a few questions to get it started:

• "Can you give us an overview of the QA process at Cryptic, particularly as it relates to STO?"
    • "How do you process bug reports? How many bug reports do you handle per day/week on average? After a major update?"

It's not cool or sexy, but it would help the community to have an understanding about what goes into the bug-squashing process. And it might help to counteract the perception that Cryptic doesn't care about bugs.

So saith the bluegeek...
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • Options
    nullunitnullunit Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah I want to know if STO has been compromised by the NSA, I don't have anything to hide however I am concerned at the level of Paranoia Governments & their Spying agencies are displaying......
    http://www.theverge.com/2013/12/9/5191338/nsa-gchq-videogame-spying-leaked-documents
  • Options
    xsupersnailxxsupersnailx Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Next playable faction?
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited December 2013
    The topics I want to see are:

1. PvP
    2. Fleet Changes or Additions
    3. Gateway
    4. Foundry
    5. ARC

Readable Font *highlight*
    The topics I want to see are:

1. PvP
    2. Fleet Changes or Additions
    3. Gateway
    4. Foundry
    5. ARC[
  • Options
    robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    What is cryptic's goals to make this game more financially independent from lock boxes and ships. As it stands now I have lots of ships and I would like to see variety in other areas? I can see the lock boxes being sustainable forever.
  • Options
    weiir1weiir1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    How to maintain your fleet through tough times. It may sound a bit "Oh pity me" but there are several people out there with fleets that are faltering here and there and I think it's only important to remind them that there is still hope. Fleets are not necessarily a means to meet people and get higher tier stuff, but it can also be a close knit family.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rattraps123rattraps123 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'd like to hear from Sto's CTO about the Servers Star Trek Online uses, specs & hardware tech talk. Also what it takes to keep the servers running. how much power it uses, how many drives are there any SSD's ? What's you internet bill every month. Player data usage all the nitty gritty tech stuff that EvE talks about in there Server & hardware updates. ~ T
    cSLYSLc.gif
  • Options
    illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Hello Captains!

This month, we will be running another "Pick a Blog Topic" web article feature! Maybe you've always wanted to know how voice over work is done, or how events are made, or something completely different. This your chance to get the inside scoop on a STO topic you've always wanted to know more about!

Please reply to this thread with your blog topic suggestions. We'll pick one of the submissions tomorrow and work on a Dev Blog about it that should be posted before the end of the month.

We're very much looking forward to what topics you come up with. Engage!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

PVP updates/new pvp specific content (maps, game modes, queue updates).
  • Options
    nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Quality control and bugs is what I want to see, but that is a dirty topic so we won't, we'll get fluff
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    What seems to be the current plan for the game going forward? Features and all that?

Also, if you grant my request, then you may want to add a disclaimer saying something like this to it:

"DISCLAIMER: The contents of this blog are subject to change at any time. They are not promises, they are plans that may be changed in the future, and the later in time they're supposed to happen, the higher the chance of change is."

:P

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'd like to hear from Sto's CTO about the Servers Star Trek Online uses, specs & hardware tech talk. Also what it takes to keep the servers running. how much power it uses, how many drives are there any SSD's ? What's you internet bill every month. Player data usage all the nitty gritty tech stuff that EvE talks about in there Server & hardware updates. ~ T

I'm sure this is a topic near and dear to every sysadmin geek amongst us, such as myself :D

Might not be what all of the rest of the playerbase wants to read about, though ;)

Still, I'll put in a +1 for this idea, if they don't want to do the QA thing.

Other good topics are the future of PvP/Exploration/Crafting/Fleets/DOFFs.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited December 2013

^ This *10000000
    I need a beer.

• Options
    mamif3mamif3 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Pvp blog

Blog on why you decided to completely destroy the ec market and what your vision is for using ec now.

Server hardware blog would be cool.

Blog on the logical reason that jhdread frigate pets are gated by a 400mil ec ship that they might not even want.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Here to add another vote to Bluegeeks suggestion. :)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Seems like a big competition between bluegeek's suggestion and PVP... I vote bluegeek's...
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • Options
    themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Behind the scenes stuff. How QA works, the bug squash process, how code changes are made...

PVP gets enough attention, frankly they should have their own blog titled "EVERYTHING IS RUINED FOREVER: WHY PVE IS RUINING STO" :P
  • Options
    aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    PvP all the way.

4 years is a long time to not have any content...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • Options
    mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Stuff on the lore.

Is it still 2409, how are the factions doing? Do the Romulans have their own territory? Will they ever become independant from their allies? General direction of the storylines in upcoming seasons.
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    - STF's , past , present , future .

- FE series , past , present , future .

- PVP , past , present , future ?
This discussion has been closed.