Options

Immersion requests.

2»

Comments

• Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Member Posts: 3,085 Arc User1
    edited November 2013
    eulifdavis wrote: »
    Again, you aren't forced to do anything. Walk away, change instances, change zones, etc. You are not required to stay in place.

In other words, YOU ALREADY HAVE THE OPTION TO "DISABLE" THE EFFECTS ON YOUR CHARACTER!

Such an "option" would render the disco ball a useless item. I am against removing utility from the game.

Player should not be forced to do anything to prevent other players from forcing his/her character to perform animations.

Such "utility" should be restricted only to willing players.

If said item useful only because it can force something on others, then it's a bad idea to have it ingame in the first place.
  • Options
    ijimithyijimithy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Player should not be forced to do anything to prevent other players from forcing his/her character to perform animations.

Such "utility" should be restricted only to willing players.

If said item useful only because it can force something on others, then it's a bad idea to have it ingame in the first place.

All this fuss and anger over a tiny disco ball I think people need to take a chill pill and relax it's a game and if someone drops a ball how about you like move out of its range? or change instance or go somewhere no one goes a lot.

No point in making mountains outta molehills over such a small thing. I'd rather Cryptic fix the actual bugs in the game rather than cater to RP'ers at this point. Fair enough when the bugs are nearly gone then fix the immersion breaking features but bugs should be a much bigger priority
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    No Drama, No Fuss, Just good old fashioned pew pew!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ijimithy wrote: »
    All this fuss and anger over a tiny disco ball I think people need to take a chill pill and relax it's a game and if someone drops a ball how about you like move out of its range? or change instance or go somewhere no one goes a lot.

No point in making mountains outta molehills over such a small thing. I'd rather Cryptic fix the actual bugs in the game rather than cater to RP'ers at this point. Fair enough when the bugs are nearly gone then fix the immersion breaking features but bugs should be a much bigger priority
    ^this *20

I mean really... we've had several mega-threads on this subject, and I don't see how discussing it again will change anything.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    vawlkus wrote: »
    And yet the Breen grenade was turned off for EXACTLY that reason..

Anyone else see a double standard there?

That was changed because it rooted and immobilized characters for the duration. It was the perfect griefing tool.

I REALLY don't care for the Party Amp, it's annoying, but it doesn't interfere with the player doing things. You can walk away at any time and you can do other activities that interrupt the dance animations.

So, no, it wasn't the exact same reasoning. The Devs learned their lesson on that one.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Let's face it - the kind of person who thinks the Disco Ball is fun probably licks batteries and takes their shoes and socks off for basic maths. But hey - as outward expressions of their inner idiot they're pretty harmless. I just point, laugh, and move on.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    bluegeek wrote: »
    That was changed because it rooted and immobilized characters for the duration. It was the perfect griefing tool.

I REALLY don't care for the Party Amp, it's annoying, but it doesn't interfere with the player doing things. You can walk away at any time and you can do other activities that interrupt the dance animations.

So, no, it wasn't the exact same reasoning. The Devs learned their lesson on that one.
    Also it would cause people to go into "red alert" and interrupted whatever they were doing, and could cost players EC if they were playing Dabo.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    There are so many things that I could add to this list. But, I'll simply add the one thing since launch that irritates me.

From Sol to DS9

Set course for Beta Ursae? Yes.
    Ship stopped.
    Set course for Delta Valonis? NO! I told you to go to Beta Ursae!
    Enter Beta Ursae?

*facepalm at Federation traffic police.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    kirksplat wrote: »
    There are so many things that I could add to this list. But, I'll simply add the one thing since launch that irritates me.

From Sol to DS9

Set course for Beta Ursae? Yes.
    Ship stopped.
    Set course for Delta Valonis? NO! I told you to go to Beta Ursae!
    Enter Beta Ursae?

*facepalm at Federation traffic police.
    Oh yeah... You shouldn't get sector border alerts during autotravel (except your destination).
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    starmada1starmada1 Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    More clickable chairs, greater variety of emotes, and barstools in Quark's. Morn is the only one who gets a stool in there, which is actually in the wrong spot for him.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    starmada1 wrote: »
    More clickable chairs, greater variety of emotes, and barstools in Quark's. Morn is the only one who gets a stool in there, which is actually in the wrong spot for him.
    Good idea Hiei. I keep forgetting that we don't have a telekinetic choke emote. :P

but seriously... it's kinda surprising how few chairs actually work.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    michlomichlo Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Again, thank you for the responses.

I certainly did not mean for this to blow up into another disco ball thread (though if it is still happening then people obviously still think it is an issue). My last word on that will be what I've already said, it should be OPTIONAL. I have my game set at high resolution and can always see my character whether I'm at the bank or the Exchange. My "option" should not be to have to move or change instance because of something someone else is doing. Do you really think Picard would have allowed this nonsense? End of story.

I definitely agree with the voice overs, the enemy groups, the sector space confirmations, the chairs, etc.

Some of these things are small, some perhaps trickier but nobody ought to be saying the developers should be focusing on other things instead. We all play this game, we all have a right to have input on what would make it better.

Cheers.
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    stoutes wrote: »
    If there is enough tickets to show PWE/Cryptic it's a bad idea to have it ingame, they may change it.

Forum posts aren't the way.
    And this ^^ is one of the reasons why it takes so long for other players to get a response to real problems.

[True [Acc]x2 [CritH]]

michlo wrote: »
    The difference isn't really relevant. We ARE forced to see our characters do something we didn't order.

By this logic, I'm going to start a petition to remove any opponent's ability to send my character flying (like, you know, knockback effects on weapons) since that "forces me to see my character do something I didn't order." :rolleyes:

And before you come back with the knee-jerk "but that's different" response: The difference isn't really relevant.

See what I did there?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I suppose I shouldn't be surprised after all these years but I do still wonder why, when people are suggesting OPTIONS and ideas to improve something, others bring nothing but criticism and personal attacks on people they don't even know.

Do you just not get what OPTION means? Enlighten us with your contribution, your ideas, your OPTIONS for improvement.

So much easier to criticize than create.

Your families must be so proud.

• Options
    danquellerdanqueller Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    While some of this discussion is quite interesting, and some is just venting, I think there is one thing above all others that breaks immersion for me at the moment.

They should remove the 'flame' effect from interaction consoles!!!!!

There is already a pop-up dialogue when a player gets close enough to an intractable object, and most places are small enough that this can be obtained simply by walking a few paces in each direction.

However, all the flaming consoles around my ship constantly distract anything I do, often blind me from seeing things at certain angles, and are an in-your-face reminder everywhere that you are playing a video game. Most glaring of all, there is absolutely no way to disable this effect! Players who know very well where the interaction consoles are located are, essentially constantly being shouted at 'HERE IS A CONSOLE HERE IS A CONSOLE HERE IS A CONSOLE HERE IS A CONSOLE HERE IS A CONSOLE..."

It isn't needed, should have had a disable option, and breaks immersion as few other things in the game do (how many ship crews would allow their consoles to look like that or stick their hands into it without notice??)

Why the devs never included a toggle for this effect is mind-numbingly unknown, especially when so many such consoles often get grouped close together/in the same room.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    danqueller wrote: »
    While some of this discussion is quite interesting, and some is just venting, I think there is one thing above all others that breaks immersion for me at the moment.

They should remove the 'flame' effect from interaction consoles!!!!!

There is already a pop-up dialogue when a player gets close enough to an intractable object, and most places are small enough that this can be obtained simply by walking a few paces in each direction.

However, all the flaming consoles around my ship constantly distract anything I do, often blind me from seeing things at certain angles, and are an in-your-face reminder everywhere that you are playing a video game. Most glaring of all, there is absolutely no way to disable this effect! Players who know very well where the interaction consoles are located are, essentially constantly being shouted at 'HERE IS A CONSOLE HERE IS A CONSOLE HERE IS A CONSOLE HERE IS A CONSOLE HERE IS A CONSOLE..."

It isn't needed, should have had a disable option, and breaks immersion as few other things in the game do (how many ship crews would allow their consoles to look like that or stick their hands into it without notice??)

Why the devs never included a toggle for this effect is mind-numbingly unknown, especially when so many such consoles often get grouped close together/in the same room.

Very much agreed, mate! I forgot to include that on my initial list. :)

Cheers.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Greetings,

I've thought of another one.

Could you please standardize the transwarp effect? For most we have the slow build up and then warping out. For others we have an instant blink or the countdown (my favourite).

Cheers.
  • Options
    nereid63nereid63 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    On costumes- allow Bridge officers access to their captain's wardrobe as well as their own.

For example- my main is a Romulan. She's allied with Starfleet, and among a mostly Romulan and Reman crew, has a couple of human bridge officers. They've been on my ships for a while now, are part of the crew. And yet, apparently, despite being fully paid up members of the crew of a warbird, they can only wear federation uniforms. Does D'Tan set so tiny a budget that I can't provide them with a Republic uniform jacket of their own?

Uniforms should reflect the allegiance of the ship the boff is on.

Second- "generic crew" in bridge scenes. Let's have a third tab in the appearance editor- captain, bridge officer, crew uniform, and allow us to edit for our ship the uniform applied o the npcs generated in our ship's interior when we visit.