test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

AFK Penalty?

13»

Comments

• kpg1usakpg1usa Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Put the AFK to a vote. I have never seen anyone AFK. I have been penalized twice when using low tier characters w/ slow ships (low mark impulse engines and low turn rate). It's BS (Battle Stardust), the grind wastes time already, adding this penalty is offensive to those us who are paying (a lot) customers. Let the player base decide if this is a real issue or not. The Federation is supposed to uphold inalienable human rights like freedom and democracy. LET US VOTE! You should also consider that life happens, people get calls, use the restroom, faint, answer the doorbell, extinguish a fire, manage a pet, and care for a child, parent, or spouse. The game is not more important than real human lives. Don't punish us for living our lives! The people who complain about AFK should learn to make friends and join a private queue. LET US VOTE! That is all.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    kpg1usa wrote: »
    Put the AFK to a vote. I have never seen anyone AFK. I have been penalized twice when using low tier characters w/ slow ships (low mark impulse engines and low turn rate). It's BS (Battle Stardust), the grind wastes time already, adding this penalty is offensive to those us who are paying (a lot) customers. Let the player base decide if this is a real issue or not. The Federation is supposed to uphold inalienable human rights like freedom and democracy. LET US VOTE! You should also consider that life happens, people get calls, use the restroom, faint, answer the doorbell, extinguish a fire, manage a pet, and care for a child, parent, or spouse. The game is not more important than real human lives. Don't punish us for living our lives! The people who complain about AFK should learn to make friends and join a private queue. LET US VOTE! That is all.

Hahahaha... Wait...? You are serious?

Dude, if you sign up for a Queued event, that you KNOW probably won't take longer than 15-20 mins, you should be able to commit.

Yea... I have kids too... I have no problem, since I simply communicate with my other half, and TBH, if your house is on fire, I am pretty sure you wont be back to the game for the duration... If you do, you really REALLY need to check your priorities.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • explorerbigjonexplorerbigjon Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Finished STS Elite with no problems and then I hit normal CCE and had lagged out the whole event not able to do anything except skip around when it would pick up and throw me halfway through the map and then hit with an AFK Penalty...Stupid but whatever...
  • qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    kpg1usa wrote: »
    Couldn't agree (with the highlighted part) more. Solution: don't play.
    dgbgfnkqi05e.png