What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Elachi Alert mission is missing now...

Comments

• Options
    moosethedjmoosethedj Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Azure Nebula (choice of marks) is one I use for romy marks.
  • Options
    ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I too hope that this is only a temporary thing, I really enjoyed the event. :mad:
    Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
  • Options
    doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    moosethedj wrote: »
    Azure Nebula (choice of marks) is one I use for romy marks.

Thats great, takes longer for fewer marks. I m glad you like it.
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,450 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This is disappointing...

Elachi Alert was fun and had good rewards. Definitely better than Azure Nebula Rescue and The Vault Ensnared. Those two are the only other Romulan Mark Farming missions I do since I prefer the space content side of the game. Also the fact that the rewards for time spent doing the mission are terrible, IMO.

Please bring back Elachi Alert.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Where did you go?
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited December 2013
    The Elachi have mysteriously stopped trying to access the Gateways. If they attempt to again, we'll be sure to let you know.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

This was the only mission worthwhile to do for romulan marks

all the rest are Bleh includung chasing Epoh's
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    mackermomomackermomo Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hey, I like Elachi Alert. I'm guessing by your light-hearted response, that your team is working on a fix for that PVE, or possibly an Elite version. I'll take both, as a nice Christmas present, please.

As an engineer character, I have no reason to visit your Holiday Zone to earn a ship I don't want to fly, but I sure do like working on my Rommy reputation.
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I just thought of something, what if Cryptic turns this mission into a Crystalline Entity styled mission. Instead of collecting crystaline shards, we may instead collect Elachi starship hull fragments.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I just thought of something, what if Cryptic turns this mission into a Crystalline Entity styled mission. Instead of collecting crystaline shards, we may instead collect Elachi starship hull fragments.

Elachi hood ornament
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Where has the PVE Queue Elachi Alert gone? No mention of it being removed from the game in the patch notes, and it is not under public or private queues anymore. I hope that this is a minor oversight and it will be readded to the game soon since it actually was a good way to farm epohh marks without tagging epohhs.
    pvp = small package
  • Options
    bengahlbengahl Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So Elachi Alert was only around as an introduction to the Dyson Sphere stuff, i get that.

what i truly don't get is why no "replacement" for it when its time was done..
    It was a nice, quick and somewhat enjoyable PVE that gave folks romulan marks (admittedly the general romulan rep stuff is a bit of a tedious grind if you ask me.. )

I mean, if there was a suitable replacement, then the transition would've been like: "oh, elachi alert is gone, but you've got this now", which may (or may not) keep folks happy.

I think what folks here would like would be an official announcement, because it seems like the community managers are just as much in the dark about this as we are...

although... the devs would be living up to their name, yes? :P
  • Options
    atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I think what folks here would like would be an official announcement, because it seems like the community managers are just as much in the dark about this as we are...

Yep, I agree. Think something went wrong. Elachi alert was perfect for acquiring rom marks.
    Sad to see it go. I think it got deleted by mistake... Just my opinion.

( Also KDF have 2 federation minefield missions instead of one. It's okay because none fill up anyway sadly. Thanks Cryptic, every little bit helps. )
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    m0ralesm0rales Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Levelling up in this tier is now more of challenge than before. In all other tiers you can make a lot of marks in a short amount of time as the rewards are much higher. Why are they so low for the Romulan queue missions? Except for Mine trap during bonus time, there is no mission that actually helps you getting Rommie marks. I saved some 250r bonus mark boxes from the CE event and now it pays of. Actually I think I'll go Epohh raising all the way now...
  • Options
    hunteralpha84hunteralpha84 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I guess I won't be levelling rom rep on my alts any time soon.

I would do mine trap but no one touches it any more...
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It's not available, why??, havent read anything in the patch notes!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hope it will return soon.. i always played it with my son.. now its gone.. gone i tell you!.. GONE! :P
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I hope you bring it back with an elite version.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    valkarie14valkarie14 Member Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Whats that one where you got gateway in space and have to destroy ships and deactivate gateway? Its elach i think
  • Options
    syndonaisyndonai Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The elachi are on their Xmas holidays, so the mission's been disabled since last week. But yes, it is the elachi alert.
    PKsymbol.JPG

Peacekeeper High Command
    Scorpius - Zelbinion Mk II
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The Elachi have mysteriously stopped trying to access the Gateways. If they attempt to again, we'll be sure to let you know.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

WTH? Nothing in patch notes and I don't recall you ever saying it was a limited time event. What gives? Limited time events usually have some sort of special reward to work towards, like the 50k dil and box of marks we got from doing the Crystalline Cataclysm event 14 days out of 21.

Smooth move ex-lax. :mad:

Edit: Increase the amount of romulan marks we get from azure nebula rescue. We have been asking for this since season 7 launched, over a year, and I'm getting sick of T'liss warbird, T'liss warbird, T'liss warbird, with maybe a ship that gives us 2 or 3 points if we're lucky and winding up with only 12-18 marks DURING BONUS REPUTATION event.

I love mine trap and it gives a decent amount of marks. But you guys took too damn long to add in the AFK penalty and I think the massive amount of AFKers is what killed the event. Nobody does it anymore for the last few months, even after the AFK penalty was added, and it's disappointing.
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Bear in mind guys that Bran isn't high enough in the food chain to give them orders so cut the guy some slack, Cryptic is being cryptic again.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Bear in mind guys that Bran isn't high enough in the food chain to give them orders so cut the guy some slack, Cryptic is being cryptic again.

You're right. I was more upset with Cryptic than Brandon. :o

*Sigh* Well I imagine they must have had a real good reason to make a sudden decision to remove the event from the game, at least for the time being. Maybe they found a major bug that needs a lot of work to fix, or perhaps they had a sudden idea on how to make the event better.

I will admit that the event seemed a bit too easy. There were times where I would be at the left side of the gate pressing the F key repeatedly to help the NPCs shut it down before the time runs out for the bonus. After shutting the gate down I would slam it into full throttle when suddenly the mission is complete. The boss group would be taken out in about 3 seconds sometimes and I wouldn't get a chance to fight it.

I will say the Elachi in that event are super annoying. They spam a skill that makes it so you can't use ANY bridge officer abilities for around 10-15 seconds. I don't remember what the debuff is called, but as soon as it expires another Elachi ship puts it back on me before I can even use any boff abilities to heal myself, or use attack skills like scatter volley or torpedo spread. This happened during the times the boss group wasn't taking out in seconds and I was able to help fight them with it taking a minute or two to defeat them and complete the mission.

P.S. Sorry for the anger Brandon. Some of us are passionate about the game and a sudden change like this really throws us for a loop. :o

Besides, I'm kinda too busy beating up snowmen to work on reputation right now. :cool:
  • Options
    tachyonharmonictachyonharmonic Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Seriously, is there a reason this had to be a stealth removal?

The only reasons I can think of are that either a) someone was too incompetent to add them to the patch notes/notify us or b) Cryptic decided to hide it from us as much as possible so they'd experience the least amount of blowback.

Either reason is unacceptable, imo.

Stealth actions like this only hurt the game and the community. It makes us trust you less, Cryptic.

Even if the Alert was removed for "plot" reasons, why not put it in the patch notes so everyone can be in on the plot, and not just people who notice you stealth-removed it?

As far as Branflakes being innocent in this; he's not. As a community manager, he needs to be making sure the community is informed of these types of things, and he needs to be pointing out to Cryptic how utterly scummy this type of obfuscated stealth action is, as a game developer.
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Even if it's removed for plot reasons.. then it makes no sense for other ques, such as Azure Nebula alert to be there either (Tholians?). Elachi Alert was a fun queue and the fact it is removed.. I just don't get to understand why they'd do it. If people have fun with it.. why not keep it?
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    nexurulernexuruler Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    hello,

Currently the elachi fleet alert STF has been removed from the STF selection window in game. is there any reason why it was removed or when it will be returned back to the game? gaining romulan marks is harder now that this STF has been removed.
    Been a user of Perfect World Entertainment since 2009.
  • Options
    sinusiridumsinusiridum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    x2
    I'd like to know that too.
    ###################
  • Options
    themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I think there is a fixed number of events they can set up and run. In order to make room for the Broken Christmas Event Of Frustration they had to take something else down.

Why they didn't take one of the less-popular missions down is beyond me.... but hey I don't understand Cryptic's marketing. They seem to believe that unhappy and angry customers spend more.
  • Options
    captyoung01captyoung01 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well I for one would like to see the Elachi Alert back on the Pve quene. I did very much enjoy that event . . As for the marks that really wasn't important but it did help. Hopefully Cryptic is watching this post, I am not the only who would like to see this event back on the Pve quene :D
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Any chance we can get it back?

It was the most enjoyable queue event to collect Romulan marks. We just got enough marks to set of the daily reputation mission, it was fun to play and it wasn't one of those idiotic, timegated queue events we have gotten in the past few months, where it doesn't matter if people are playing and bringing their "a-game" or simply going afk and letting the timer run out. (I still think the person who thought of the reward mechanics for "storming the spire" should be rewarded with a rash on his behind until the end of his/her days...).
  • Options
    caeloaeturnumcaeloaeturnum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I really liked Elachi Alert too. It was more fun than Azure Nebula Rescue and The Vault: Ensnared. The choice of Dyson and Romulan marks was fantastic as well.