test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Elachi Alert mission is missing now...

falkor2010falkor2010 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Since the winter event patch it seems you overwrote the 'Choice of Marks' mission fighting the elachi in space to stop them coming through the portal.
Post edited by falkor2010 on

Comments

• Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2013
    The Elachi have mysteriously stopped trying to access the Gateways. If they attempt to again, we'll be sure to let you know.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I might be loosing the plot but who has nicked Elachi Alert,,I played it tonight,,now its gone,,!!!
  • Options
    captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    mmm then again it might have been this afternoon that i played it,,,,,,,

Love BranFlakes reply,,,,:)
  • Options
    macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited December 2013
    Took away an easier means of grinding Rom marks. Cryptic is being an early Christmas grinch.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    icelancersricelancersr Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It would be nice that we were actually notified about this..
    Romuilan is by far the slowest grinding rep ever..
    meh even Q is easier to satisfy then Romulan
    and yet we loose yet another way to grind rep..not happy at all
  • Options
    satman82satman82 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    please fix elachi alert.
  • Options
    satman82satman82 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Elachi Alert is now missing with new update. Please fix elachi alert.
  • Options
    captainpostcaptainpost Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I noticed this as well. I don't know if this was intended or not. Nothing was in the patch notes.
    "We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes." -Gene Roddenberry
  • Options
    tachyonharmonictachyonharmonic Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So is this a bug or by design? Is it planned to be fixed?

It's all nice to be coy and/or funny, but obfuscating the truth from the players helps no one.

Don't keep us in the dark.
  • Options
    kemra1kemra1 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm missing the Elachi, that one was kinda fun as well as a nice way to earn Rom marks. :(

Hmm, idea for a new doff espionage mission: Influence Elachi Contacts to Resume Gateway Assault!
  • Options
    crownvic2doorcrownvic2door Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The reason is too many people relied on it to get marks so they took it away so you will have to grind miserably:mad:....Cryptic=Scrooge Mc'Grinch.
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I had a feeling this might happen, in a podcast before sphere of influence, they said a new pve que mission was coming but wouldn't stay. Loved this little battle as it was a fun way of getting some marks, oh well at least I can dig the snow pil..... oh wait!
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The Elachi have mysteriously stopped trying to access the Gateways. If they attempt to again, we'll be sure to let you know.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

That has to be one of the most unhelpful comments yet made. Why was this removed?
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    crownvic2doorcrownvic2door Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    nyxadrill wrote: »
    That has to be one of the most unhelpful comments yet made. Why was this removed?

See my post, that is why. No...Really thats the truth.
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    See my post, that is why. No...Really thats the truth.

I think there's more than a hint of truth there ;)
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2013
    We're just as confused -- it seems like they just stopped trying to access the Gateways. Something just doesn't add up.

((OOC: It's removal is not a bug, but I can't share why it was removed just yet. You'll have to stay tuned to find out what happens with it*. *Plans subject to change. The Alert was added as part of the Sphere of Influence story, for the initial premiere period: http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1019361.))

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    We're just as confused -- it seems like they just stopped trying to access the Gateways. Something just doesn't add up.

((OOC: It's removal is not a bug, but I can't share why it was removed just yet. You'll have to stay tuned to find out what happens with it*. *Plans subject to change. The Alert was added as part of the Sphere of Influence story, for the initial premiere period: http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1019361.))

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

You know Bran, this should be mentioned in the news section. Was wondering where it went...

Also this being a temp thing, where was that said??? If it was meant as a temporary alert, this was not communicated clearly at all imo...
  • Options
    red01999red01999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Indeed. I tend to not play queues as soon as they premier, so some warning that it was going to be a limited time thing would be appreciated. I'd have liked to have at least played it a few times just for its own sake.

It would be appreciated if you could keep that in the mind for the future, Branflakes.
  • Options
    hicks451hicks451 Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hi all, Just a quick one as i havent had the chance to read everything thats been happening on STO lately so this might seem like a stupid question to some but whats happened to Elachi Alert? I cant see it in the list anymore and was wondering were it had gone and why they might have pulled it from the list as even though it was a quick easy mission i acturley liked playing it and i know quite a few others who did as well? Thanks in Advance
  • Options
    admiraltrappittadmiraltrappitt Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You're right. Elachi Alert is missing. I hope it is a bug, and not purpusly removed, or that there is a limit on PVE queues, and Winter Invasion kicked it off. Especially as I enjoy Elachi Alert more than WI.
    Proad admin of the Star Trek Battles channel. Join today!

I actually like Delta Rising.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Yea i noticed it when i logged on just before bonus time. Im sure there will be a few unhappy players who will only just realise that its gone from the list and i cant understand why they would pull it?
  • Options
    admiraltrappittadmiraltrappitt Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

They removed it. Usually, I am the first to jump to Cryptic's defence, but I am not at all happy about this change. I don't care about the mark rewards, it was a fun mission. Bring it back with out the mark rewards, or as a Red Alert like the Borg.
    Proad admin of the Star Trek Battles channel. Join today!

I actually like Delta Rising.
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Elachi Alert was one of my favourite space queues... disappointing to see it gone. :(
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    And I was using it as a romulan mark source for characters I hadn't reped up yet. Ugh. Back to Mine Trap for the eleventy billionth time I guess. :(
  • Options
    confedinblueconfedinblue Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I speculate the Elachi got pretty tired of us whomping on them--losing all those ships only to have the gate disabled, then have to find somewhere else to get whomped on. They're probably regrouping.

I bet they'll be back, but with a twist--they'll be ready for us next time.:eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    grabacr75grabacr75 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    hravik wrote: »
    And I was using it as a romulan mark source for characters I hadn't reped up yet. Ugh. Back to Mine Trap for the eleventy billionth time I guess. :(

yeah , same here , I used this event to make Rom-marks ...

just saw in the fleet-event window that it's gone ... I hope that they dont removed it forever.
    now I have to make "Tau Dewa Sector Patrol" (7x Acamarian mision and its done...) and/or "Vault Ensnared" (looks like that no one play this one to much).

apart from Tau Dewa SP , Tau Dewa Red Alert , the Vault Shuttle , Vault Ensnared and Mine Trap , is there any other way to make Rom-marks?

cya :)
  • Options
    mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yep go to New Romulus and do the daily quests there, but the marks are not that many.
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Well its a shame they pulled it as it was a great little mission to get some marks from and i just hope they bring it back if enough members say that they want it back, Why add it for such a short time and then just pull it when so many players liked the mission, That was probably one of the best missions to come out of season 8 and was far better than the other 2 PVE missions in my opinion. Hopefully we will get a better answer than the one posted and i will be intrested to see what they have to say on the matter. Tanks again for your replys its much apreciated.
  • Options
    macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited December 2013
    Cryptic ... Are you secretly the Grinch purposefully trying to ruin Rom grinders holiday?
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie