test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Elachi Alert mission is missing now...

13»

Comments

• protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I liked Elachi Alert, too, and I also have no idea why it was removed. I don't remember any problems with it which would have justified its removal, and it was considerably faster to pop than most of the missions in the PvE queues.
  • neomodiousneomodious Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    huh... I hadn't looked, but i thought it disappeared when the winter event started and hoped it would reappear afterwards...
    :\
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,181 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Branflakes informed us at the time that the Elatchi have (for now) given up trying. But remember Cryptic does have the right to remove, update, alter content with or without prior notice.
    edited January 2014
    eazzie wrote: »
    But remember Cryptic does have the right to remove, update, alter content with or without prior notice.

Be that as it may, the removal of this particular mission makes little sense, due to its popularity among the players and having no known bugs (or at least none known to the majority of players).
  • cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Branflakes informed us at the time that the Elatchi have (for now) given up trying. But remember Cryptic does have the right to remove, update, alter content with or without prior notice.

They made the wrong decision if you ask me. I really hope they're not worried about cluttering the queue interface. There are so many reps that are missing good space content with good mark rewards and challenge.
    edited January 2014
    cidstorm wrote: »
    They made the wrong decision if you ask me. I really hope they're not worried about cluttering the queue interface. There are so many reps that are missing good space content with good mark rewards and challenge.
    protogoth wrote: »
    Be that as it may, the removal of this particular mission makes little sense, due to its popularity among the players and having no known bugs (or at least none known to the majority of players).

I certainly do not disagree in the slightest, If the mission comes back then great I liked it too, but who are we to argue, when Cryptic have the rights to do what they see fit. The one mission I miss the most is salvage dispute, Ok you had to wait till you had 10 data chips to play it, but when you did you were rewarded with 1440 dil.

Elatchi Alert was initially introduced as part of the launch of the FE Sphere of Influence, as this is now established I guess there was no reason to keep the Elatchi Alert mission.
    edited January 2014
    I certainly do not disagree in the slightest, If the mission comes back then great I liked it too, but who are we to argue, when Cryptic have the rights to do what they see fit. The one mission I miss the most is salvage dispute, Ok you had to wait till you had 10 data chips to play it, but when you did you were rewarded with 1440 dil.

Elatchi Alert was initially introduced as part of the launch of the FE Sphere of Influence, as this is now established I guess there was no reason to keep the Elatchi Alert mission.

I respect the statement in the ToS that says Cryptic can do whatever they want whenever to whomever for any reason or no reason, but honestly, that only goes so far. Who am I to argue about a feature being removed which I enjoyed? I'm a paying customer, that's who. Nuff said.
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Yes but I personally find it funny that they often remove the stuff that works well and is fun but keep the stuff that has had a long history of problems and is crazy difficult. It's like someone has a cognitive dissonance problem somewhere in the process.
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited January 2014
    It was a decent way to farm Rom marks. Thus it made the grid easier and was actually fun and quick too. Can't have that. Oh no ... but it is alright. You see the TOS agreement makes it all legal and moral and ethical ... :rolleyes:
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
    edited January 2014
    Yes but I personally find it funny that they often remove the stuff that works well and is fun but keep the stuff that has had a long history of problems and is crazy difficult. It's like someone has a cognitive dissonance problem somewhere in the process.

The mission though was only there as part of the Sphere of Influence FE, a kinda back up mission to the FE storyline, as SoI is now established they must of thought to do away with Elachi Alert. Who knows after the 8.5 launch they will see that people would like Elachi Alert back so they may reintroduce it. Stephen D'Angelo as new EP might agree, only time will tell I guess.
  • medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    My opinion this thing was pulled because

1) It served as transition event between SOI to season 8, to have it still around makes no sense
    2) The event itself was not popular to maintain, so might as well take it down
    3) The Elachi in general, the whole focusing on Elachi lore... lockboxes, events... has proven not popular to maintain besides the occasional reference for sake of story

What do you expect for making all this stuff based on an alien seen for a brief moment in season 1 of Enterprise.. a medicore season of a controversially divided series in terms of quality.
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
  • thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It was only ever a limited event.

It was poorly documented, yes, but this is the fact.
    edited January 2014
    valoreah wrote: »
    We're the ones paying the bills, remember?

Not neccessarily true, but we did all agree to the terms that Cryptic have the right to alter, amend, delete content as they see fit. So you may pay, but you still have to abide to the terms regardless.
    edited January 2014
    Not neccessarily true, but we did all agree to the terms that Cryptic have the right to alter, amend, delete content as they see fit. So you may pay, but you still have to abide to the terms regardless.

I don't see anyone violating the ToS in this discussion. I also don't think you quite understand what the statement means. It does not mean that we cannot express our opinions on a matter (subject of course to forum rules pertaining to the use of certain language, flaming, flame baiting, verbal harassment, off-limit topics, etc). It also does not mean that we cannot make suggestions or post requests.
    edited January 2014
    protogoth wrote: »
    I don't see anyone violating the ToS in this discussion. I also don't think you quite understand what the statement means. It does not mean that we cannot express our opinions on a matter (subject of course to forum rules pertaining to the use of certain language, flaming, flame baiting, verbal harassment, off-limit topics, etc). It also does not mean that we cannot make suggestions or post requests.

What are you on about violating terms of service. I fully understand the statement. about Cryptic having full rights to amending, alter, and deleting content. We all agreed to that electronically the moment we all created accounts. We all have the right to debate the removal of something, but at the end of the day we have all originally agreed to cryptic do this, there is nothing we can do to stop that.

In relation to the actual mission in question, it was (although not properly made aware to the players) only a temporary PvE mission as part of the launch of the FE Sphere of Influence. As the FE is now established the temporary mission was removed.
    edited January 2014
    valoreah wrote: »
    So those of us paying a sub fee, buying Zen etc. are what then? You're clearly misunderstanding the conversation.

No. Just because a person pays for something does not give the right to dictate how that service should be run. If you go to the same store to buy your shopping, just because you spend your money there does not give you the right to say how that store is managed.

Everyone is missing the fact that we have no rights what so ever over how Cryptic control content. We can debate it yes, but we all agreed to how content is controlled by agreeing electronically to the companies terms and conditions.

Alsio Elatchi Alert was only a temporary mission in the release to SOI. As I have previously said. It wasn't well documented it was only a tempoarary mission, but temporary none the less. Will it return who knows, maybe, maybe not.
  • kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ok so good mission, good payout OFC removed, yet hive also known as 1HK 1HK 1HK remains in tact and un-repaired... I am fully elite built an cant get close (stay at 5km and still get lanced repeatedly) They need to pull Hive and give back Elachi
  • senselockesenselocke Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    grabacr75 wrote: »
    yeah , same here , I used this event to make Rom-marks ...

just saw in the fleet-event window that it's gone ... I hope that they dont removed it forever.
    now I have to make "Tau Dewa Sector Patrol" (7x Acamarian mision and its done...) and/or "Vault Ensnared" (looks like that no one play this one to much).

apart from Tau Dewa SP , Tau Dewa Red Alert , the Vault Shuttle , Vault Ensnared and Mine Trap , is there any other way to make Rom-marks?

This sums it up right here.

I never even got a chance to play it--I didn't pick up until two days later. However, this list at the end is the real kicker:

Tau Dewa SP (long, slow, decent reward, but daily and not hourly)
    Tau Dewa Red Alert (also a daily, has been BUGGED FOR A YEAR--rare anyway, and usually empty)
    Vault Shuttle (need a shuttle, tried it 30+ times and never been in a team that finished in time)
    Vault Ensnared (actually fun, but no Elite, takes a very long time, and low rewards)
    Azure Nebula (the most pathetically low reward out of the lot, no Elite)
    Mine Trap (ground... ugh)
    Oh, then there's the days-long bunny chasing (inconsistent, slow), really pathetic ground missions for a pittance, and, again, the best source are dailies.

Taking away another avenue to earn the most elusive marks in the game is just obnoxious. Please, bring it back--along with a whole slew of Elites and buffed rewards on the rest. And make those dailies hourlies already!