test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gingerbread men?

admiralm0ttadmiralm0tt Member Posts: 53 Arc User
How does one attain one of the 'pet' gingerbread men? I've run the Winter Invasion about 15 times and only get common commodities. We always rescue the gingerbread men, collect the candy, defeat the yeti, and the snowman boss. Anyone..?
Post edited by admiralm0tt on

Comments

• stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    By opening the boxes you get on the end, I already got two.
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • admiralm0ttadmiralm0tt Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    How many races did you run before you got them in the reward box? Did anything special have to happen to get them?
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It's a random reward... you can run 1000 runs and get 1000... or none... all depends on your luck.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    15 to 20, nothing special has to happen. On tip though; don't open two boxes after eachother, they tend to be te same :rolleyes:. Has that couple of times already.
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    All my alts have at least one gingerbread pet, my main has not got one. I now send the presents to my main to open, lol OH but my main does have 3 freaking lumps of coal.
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm curious, and I come with two questions.

1) Last year, we had animated snowman pets per the Christmas Event. Following the event however, the animation for the snowmen stopped working. Is it going to be the same this year? If we all get a bunch of gingerbread men, are they going to stop being animated come the end of the festive season?

2) In one of the Dev Blogs, it mentions six different variants. Two of which are Orion and Andorian. What are the other four?
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    flash525 wrote: »
    2) In one of the Dev Blogs, it mentions six different variants. Two of which are Orion and Andorian. What are the other four?

If they correspond to the ones in the gingerbread village it's Orion (got one), male Andorian, female Andorian, male Vulcan (got one), female Vulcan and Klingon.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    How many races did you run before you got them in the reward box?

It's random, see. And the way that works means:

For some of my characters, they've done the event 20 times and still don't have one. Others got one the first time they ran it.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2013
    1) Last year, we had animated snowman pets per the Christmas Event. Following the event however, the animation for the snowmen stopped working. Is it going to be the same this year? If we all get a bunch of gingerbread men, are they going to stop being animated come the end of the festive season?

The answer is mentioned in the item/ "power" description for the Gingerbread pet -- they are only animated during the Winter Event. Since the Winter Event is running, your snowman pet is also animated upon summon during the duration of the event.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited December 2013
    The answer is mentioned in the item/ "power" description for the Gingerbread pet -- they are only animated during the Winter Event. Since the Winter Event is running, your snowman pet is also animated upon summon during the duration of the event.
    I missed that bit, but cheers.

Short of the obvious (in season), is there any reason you guys turn the animation off out of season? Surely these little baked aliens would be of a larger appeal if they were animated throughout the year.
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,275 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I find that in poor taste just as the snow guns stop being useful at the end of the event it makes them less desirable. Why would I get a pet that stops being cool after a month because its basically unusable. I still regret getting the snow guns as at the time it had been rumored they would be usefull after the event as in being able to do dmg to none snow entities. Maybe you could ask why they chose these restrictions? I mean they made unmeltable snowballs so why not make these similar?
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    edited December 2013
    westx211 wrote: »
    Why would I get a pet that stops being cool after a month because its basically unusable.
    I have a similar line of thought. I had actually thought about running a couple of these missions and acquiring some gingerbread, but now knowing they'll lose their appeal (animation) come the end of the event, claiming them seems pointless and/or redundant.
  • blevokblevok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    westx211 wrote: »
    I find that in poor taste just as the snow guns stop being useful at the end of the event it makes them less desirable. Why would I get a pet that stops being cool after a month because its basically unusable. I still regret getting the snow guns as at the time it had been rumored they would be usefull after the event as in being able to do dmg to none snow entities. Maybe you could ask why they chose these restrictions? I mean they made unmeltable snowballs so why not make these similar?

perhaps they could make snow weapons work on risa. that would be pretty fun. and if the boots could work on the frozen lake on andoria that would be really cool. not sure how they could make the pets work elsewhere because it's the power of Q that brings them to life.
    Fleet: Stargate-Union
    Pizza: Pepperoni
    Kalek shel'tek!

"Do not make me look foolish by allowing yourself to be murdered" -Lord Yu
    edited December 2013
    blevok wrote: »
    not sure how they could make the pets work elsewhere because it's the power of Q that brings them to life.
    Could Q not simply decide to keep them alive? :rolleyes:
  • blevokblevok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Could Q not simply decide to keep them alive? :rolleyes:

that would probably get him in trouble with the continuum.
    Fleet: Stargate-Union
    Pizza: Pepperoni
    Kalek shel'tek!

"Do not make me look foolish by allowing yourself to be murdered" -Lord Yu
  • admiralm0ttadmiralm0tt Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've been running the Invasion on my alts and moving the reward pack to my account bank, then moving the packs onto my main. 1 gingerbread man out of 30 reward packs. opened 1 on one of my alts and immediately got a gingerbread vulcan. wtf?
  • philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited December 2013
    blevok wrote: »
    that would probably get him in trouble with the continuum.

You mean he isn't already?
  • atodliesloeniatodliesloeni Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So far i found :

Gingerbread Man
    Gingerbread Woman
    Gingerbread Vulcan
    Gingerbread Klingon
    Gingerbread Orion
    Gingerbread Andorian

There are more?
    edited December 2013
    So far i found :

Gingerbread Man
    Gingerbread Woman
    Gingerbread Vulcan
    Gingerbread Klingon
    Gingerbread Orion
    Gingerbread Andorian

There are more?
    I thought there were only six.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I got one from the reward box at the end of Winter Invasion. Seems to be a low-chance reward.
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So far i found :

Gingerbread Man
    Gingerbread Woman
    Gingerbread Vulcan
    Gingerbread Klingon
    Gingerbread Orion
    Gingerbread Andorian

There are more?

Nope that's it :
    Gingerbread Pet: There are six new gingerbread pets available from completing the Winter Invasion queued event, representing five different species that can be seen throughout the galaxy.
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
    edited December 2013
    So far i found:

Gingerbread Man
    Gingerbread Woman
    Gingerbread Vulcan
    Gingerbread Klingon
    Gingerbread Orion
    Gingerbread Andorian

There are more?
    I thought there were only six.
    Nope that's it.

I think it's a slight misconception. There are actually Eight common Models (inc a standard Male & Female) of the Gingerbread People (excluding the hatted dude at the start here), though only Six can be used as Pets. The Dev Blog states five different species, when in actual fact, it's only four (Vulcan, Andorian, Orion & Klingon).

...unless I'm missing something?
    I got one from the reward box at the end of Winter Invasion. Seems to be a low-chance reward.
    Not quite as rare as a Lock Box ship, but yeah, these guys are quite rare it would seem. Even though they'll die come the end of the season, I have set out to acquire me one or two. Can always reanimate them next year, right?
    edited December 2013
    capnkirk4 wrote: »
    I'm gonna take a wild guess, here. I'm going with: "To keep the game from degenerating into total idiocy by allowing people to kill the Borg, or any other enemy for that matter, with snowballs, and gumdrops? Does that sound right? Of course, when taken in the context of all the existing idiocy, Cryptic HAS allowed in-game, it is kind of a moot point.
    ie; can't have gingerbread pets all year round because it's not 'Trek', yet Dinosaurs with Lazers on their heads is... :rolleyes:
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hmmm was never a fan of items only working through a particular event.

I mainly go for the uniforms, as they can be used all year around :)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

edited December 2013
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Hmmm was never a fan of items only working through a particular event.
    It does seem a bit daft. They go to all the trouble to make them look good, design, create and animate them, then to simply turn them off for ten months. :rolleyes:
    edited December 2013
    I think it's a slight misconception. There are actually Eight common Models (inc a standard Male & Female) of the Gingerbread People (excluding the hatted dude at the start here), though only Six can be used as Pets. The Dev Blog states five different species, when in actual fact, it's only four (Vulcan, Andorian, Orion & Klingon).

...unless I'm missing something?

Yes you're missing Human :P ... Male and Female (doesn't really matter what the common Models are, we're talking about Pets)

the other Pets are :
    Orion Female (Bikini & Pink Hair Ribbon)
    Vulcan Male (Bow Tie)
    Klingon Male (might be Female, dunno)
    Andorian Female (Pink Ribbon)

to be exact ...
  • darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've got 16 toons and I like to collect a whole set of pets for each toon. I decided to collect the gingerbread for one of my toons, despite the fact that they'll only animate one month in the year. (Part of me is disappointed in this but part of me understands.)

I tried running the event numerous times but kept on getting kicked out due to the bug so I ended up buying the reward boxes from the exchange. Lazy, yes, but I'm EC rich and time poor so it made sense to me. I managed to get all 6 of them in 33 or 34 boxes. All up it cost me around 15 million.

Some people will say that that's a waste of EC and I respect that. For me the important thing was that I collected all 6 in under 5 minutes.
    edited December 2013
    Double Post pls delete
    edited December 2013
    Yes you're missing Human
    I listed them as the normal ones (or common) though wasn't aware they were obtainable ... I've seen people with Andorian, Klingon and Orion pets. No Humans. Didn't think they were enabled.
    the other Pets are :
    Orion Female
    Vulcan Male
    Klingon Male
    Andorian Female
    I swear I'm seeing Vulcan Males too...
    I tried running the event numerous times but kept on getting kicked out due to the bug so I ended up buying the reward boxes from the exchange. Lazy, yes, but I'm EC rich and time poor so it made sense to me. I managed to get all 6 of them in 33 or 34 boxes. All up it cost me around 15 million.
    It took me between 20 & 30 boxes to get two Klingons (one for each of my Fed Toons); ultimate insult to the KDF, I have a pet gingerbread person that is a mockery of your Empire. :P

I'm content with one per toon though, I wont be using up my EC on obtaining anymore.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I listed them as the normal ones (or common) though wasn't aware they were obtainable ... I've seen people with Andorian, Klingon and Orion pets. No Humans. Didn't think they were enabled.

I swear I'm seeing Vulcan Males too...

It took me between 20 & 30 boxes to get two Klingons (one for each of my Fed Toons); ultimate insult to the KDF, I have a pet gingerbread person that is a mockery of your Empire. :P

I'm content with one per toon though, I wont be using up my EC on obtaining anymore.

For some reason, I had better luck with ones I bought on the exchange. Managed to get almost a full set in ten boxes after getting almost none in races. Never gotten a duplicate.