test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gingerbread men?

2»

Comments

• flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    For some reason, I had better luck with ones I bought on the exchange. Managed to get almost a full set in ten boxes after getting almost none in races. Never gotten a duplicate.
    Oh, the ones I got were via Exchange Boxes too; I ran a few of the village events, none of those boxes gave me anything except Christmas decorations. Previously I had hoped to get an Andorian and a Vulcan, though (knowing the Human ones are available) I'd have liked to have an Andorian and Human.

Still, no more purchases for me. At 200k per box, it's an unnecessary drain on my resources.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    My main has a human female and an Orion. Niether of my alts have seen any, yet.
  • afreebyafreeby Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I would give the gingerbread pets away, they hold no appeal to me. But they are bound, so I'm out of luck.

Same thing with the coal. Holds no appeal.
  • kirkepsilon1kirkepsilon1 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You have to give Cryptic credit first off they create these really cool and I think cute novelty pets and then slap everyone in the face with oh and by the way you can only use them once a year really?

I would dearly love to know what was the reasoning behind that to be honest, considering how much effort some of us have gone to collect these adorable gingerbread men I think we have earnt the privilege of using them all year and not just taking up inventory/bank space. Its a major failure on their part and I don't care if Q has to take his humble pie or is kicked out of the continium I want to use them as proper pets all year :P.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    afreeby wrote: »
    I would give the gingerbread pets away, they hold no appeal to me. But they are bound, so I'm out of luck.

Same thing with the coal. Holds no appeal.
    Yeah, I really don't get why the gingerbread people are CBoP. There doesn't really seem to be a good reason for it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    flash525 wrote: »
    I listed them as the normal ones (or common) though wasn't aware they were obtainable ... I've seen people with Andorian, Klingon and Orion pets. No Humans. Didn't think they were enabled.

There are men and women.

Pic here

I tried to go for duplicates (just to see if I could) and it stopped giving me them after I had them all.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • cptspock11cptspock11 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    That's awesome.
    edited December 2013
    I agree I really thinks it should be all year I love the gingerbread pets I think it was a great idea but it really suck that it's not
  • j0hn41j0hn41 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yes I can see it now...

Somewhere in the Nopada desert, Slamek and your captain are huddled next to a fire in a freezing cave.

Slamek: "I'm so hungry..."
    Your captain: "Don't worry, I brought a gingerbread man."
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I wouldn't mind them being non-animated outside the event so much if they could be summoned everywhere...

As it is, they only summon on the event grounds. This means that in a month my full set of 6 becomes bank-bait for a long time to come... And, being CBoP, that means they can't even join my winter commodities in the account bank like the commodities can...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    IIRC Snowmen pets can be summoned elsewhere, but they don't do anything they just sit there.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited December 2013
    I wish they would make the gingerbread pets all year that would be awesome other wise its pointless I have a gingerbread Klingon and a gingerbread women I'm assuming its human i think they are awesome