test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

One recipe drop per WI run - bug or by design? *Resolved*

bada4boombada4boom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
In the post:
There's a glowing object hidden in the map. Each player can interact with it once per run of the queued event. Interacting with the object grants the player the recipe. There is no competition with your teammates for the resources you want to pick up.

We are led to believe that every member of the team will be able to get the recipe. Currently that is not true, only the first one gets it.

Is it a bug or by design?

Oh and sometime I see a system message that I found the recipe but I get nothing in my inventory.
Post edited by bada4boom on

Comments

• Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    sounds like a bug from the original description.

if it was not tied to an accolade, i actually would not care, but since it is, in its current form its going to be a nightmare to get them all. i hope they fix/change it soon.
  • Options
    jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited December 2013
    Pink things in the dyson sphere and now a recipe. Whats next remove the need/greed system and make that a first come first serve system? I am not a big fan of competing for loot and there is always the really fast looter.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • Options
    nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Killing the yeti and having it explode with power ups is also ridiculous, who thought this stuff belonged in star trek or any game outside of mario? power ups are awful
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • Options
    gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I ran over/picked up a recipe yesterday but I cannot find it anywhere on my character.

My understanding is that recipes are on the map to be found, not as rewards from boss drops.
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • Options
    jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited December 2013
    Finnaly did a public queue of it. Started and there was a small white circle on the map when it began. 1 player practicaly ignored everything and went right to that. Thebn during the boss fight there was a big green circle on the map where a present is in a doorway by the start. I ran back to it and was the first there as soon as the boss was dead. Nothing to interact with. So one of the players probably ditched the boss and grabbed it while I was in the yeti cave. 4 times doing it and not 1 recipe and not 1 clue on how to get one inside the event except be incredibly greedy since that usualy works in TRIBBLE design games.

The only way I can see anyone getting the accolade much less just getting a recipe from the event is to do it in a premade team and take turns on who collects it so everyone gets one, but 2.5 hours of keeping the team together to do that would be nearly impossible.

@Cryptic, Please make it where everyone in the event can get one. Tie it into the optionals or a 50% chance of it being there... Anything but this greed to get get one. And from now on DO NOT make events where first come gets the prize regardless of actualy helping Pink balls in Dyson battlezone as an example.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • Options
    dontliketolosedontliketolose Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    In addition the find gift optional which if found isn't applied, no matter if you personally find it or not. Played at least 5 times on different characters, in some case the package doesn't glow to be picked up, probably due to the recipe category. Also in the case of the holiday fudge, alien name gather materials for item given to cook not received after turned in.
  • Options
    hellwinklehellwinkle Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So, to obtain a recipe, one has to simply abandon the rest of the team and head to the large green circle on the map. This makes the run semi-pointless and makes a season of giving into a season of greed (which it is anyways in R/L).

My last winter invasion run went like this:

full team of 5 at the start, 3 people with snowblowers and two people picking up snowballs (no winter guns).

At the start, Myself and two others sprinted right through all the spawning snowmen and headed right for the green circle on the map (about half way through). Skidding and sliding we raced for the present at the top of the stairs and, smashing F repeatedly, one of us got the recipe (not me again), leaving the two guys with only snowballs back at the start to fight off 50 or so evil snowmen.

Quote: "WTH are you guys doing!!! we are getting (insert expletive) slaughtered back here!".

This really needs to be fixed to either a Need/Greed system or a one per run per person system Cryptic.

Thanks
  • Options
    metaphorgrandemetaphorgrande Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have only received one recipe , but 3 other times I have seen the "floater" message stating I got it with nothing in my bank. Four times I have been told I got the recipe,only got it once.
  • Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    3 other times I have seen the "floater" message stating I got it with nothing in my bank.
    That happened to my on my very first run. It was extremely confusing.

Here's a quote on the issue from Branflakes yesterday:
    This shouldn't be happening -- everyone should be able to pick it up. If not, see this thread and report it here, if you can.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    dontliketolosedontliketolose Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Legacy bug on WI gives wrong recipient and no one else get credit, ty so much for the TRIBBLE I got for not grabbing it.
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    LOL. I thought that every team player of the winter invasion can gather a present. I thought there were 5 presents hidden in the map, one for every player. Now you tell me theres only 1?? seriously??? thats hilarious. So, if you are not lucky, you will almost never gather a recipe. In fact, my last 6 runs, i coudnt get a recipe. But as far as i know, a lot of people think that there is a recipe per player, cuz everybody keeps searching for one even if i am alone fighting the yet. Sad.

I didnt know the green big circle is the present spot... never realized that. I just search the map at the same time i advance xD.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Rambo through the snowmen, get the gift, and abandon your team.

Merry Christmas from Cryptic.
  • Options
    verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Rambo through the snowmen, get the gift, and abandon your team.

Merry Christmas from Cryptic.

Basicly yup, ive been In 3 teams where 1 player has blown past the snowdudes, got the pressie and ran off, very uncool
  • Options
    fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ok, not complaining but kind of observing my surprise when I learned it's first come / first only for the Present.

Just seems out of synch for STO to have a cooperative STF, for a holiday event yet, where only one gets the present. If nothing else treating it as drop we could roll for?

Anyway really loving the event. Just this one thing seemed incongruous.
  • Options
    alarikunalarikun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ok, not complaining but kind of observing my surprise when I learned it's first come / first only for the Present.

Just seems out of synch for STO to have a cooperative STF, for a holiday event yet, where only one gets the present. If nothing else treating it as drop we could roll for?

Anyway really loving the event. Just this one thing seemed incongruous.

The present at the end of the mission? Along with the standard commodities? I've gotten it every time I run the mission... so unless I'm REALLY lucky, it's not a 1-person thing.
    Original Join Date: January 2010
    Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
    Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
  • Options
    lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited December 2013
    I've notice the present(s) respawn.
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The present is different to the cookie box reward you get at the end as it is the thing containing the food recipe. Only a single player can pick that up.

The winter invasion needs to be moved into the item reward section of the pve queue though as it has never given a fleet mark award.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    alarikunalarikun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    dirlettia wrote: »
    The present is different to the cookie box reward you get at the end as it is the thing containing the food recipe. Only a single player can pick that up.

The winter invasion needs to be moved into the item reward section of the pve queue though as it has never given a fleet mark award.

Ah, sorry then. I was unawares. I keep seeing a message pop up saying "YourCharacter@YourHandle" (insert names there) obtained the present. But I never did any such thing... so I guess it's bugged as usual.
    Original Join Date: January 2010
    Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
    Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Also, don't attempt the Fudge recipe - t's currently bugged as well. I got common drops but not the actual holiday food.
  • Options
    mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    dirlettia wrote: »

If you click the hidden recipe gift box at the same time then you each can have it. You have to do it simultaneously. I thought Branflakes said in another thread that this was something each player was supposed to be able to claim and they were looking into it. Anyhow, if you do it together, you can all claim it.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • Options
    lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited December 2013
    lystent wrote: »
    I've notice the present(s) respawn.

Ok, so it respawns, but the respawn of the present is broken, Thereby creating a race for the present out of the shoot out.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    A lot of players are making ec off the situation - can't say I blame them but it make for not much fun co-op play. :P
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yes, supposed to be a cooperative team play, but just makes it so one person will run to the present get it and many times just leave.
  • Options
    earlnyghthawkearlnyghthawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    alarikun wrote: »
    The present at the end of the mission? Along with the standard commodities? I've gotten it every time I run the mission... so unless I'm REALLY lucky, it's not a 1-person thing.

No, he's taking about the optional "Find the present"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
    Temperance Brennan, "A building"
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Also, its really sad how if you try to kill so many snowmen when your "clever" teammates run for the present, you get continuosly stucked freezed by the snowmen and you can get literally paralized for the rest of the map. Happened 2 times already. Dunno if its a bug, or not, but obviously, if the map is so stupidly wrong made, that it is not a TEAM map, please, remove the freeze stuff of the snowmen, cuz it is just stupid and non sense in the winter invasion queue map.

I will understand that with 30 snowman throwing iceballs at you, its logical to think u can be freezed, but only because its supossed a TEAM is fighting all those snowmen, not only you.

Honestly, this event is pathetic, i only hope it ends fast, because of course i dont see cryptic modyfing things.
  • Options
    borgus1122borgus1122 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I finaly found recipe in winter event. But when i checked into inventory, there was no recipe. So where are recepies when you find them? Same happened with my second recipe. It wasn't in inventory.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It appears to be bugged. First person to grab it gets recipe, but no one else. I am not playing the Winter Invasion until this is fixed.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,022 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    *Admiral Ackbar voice* ITS A BUG!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    celticfistcohcelticfistcoh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Been on about 20+ winter runs between main and alts. I enjoy the mission including the yeti fight, he seems to remind me of some monster ;-)

I thought I recall reading that each person on the team can get the special present found on the map but it seems to only go to one person who first clicks it. Which way is it supposed to work? I have found that if two people click at about the same time they can both get the present/recipe.

Can the developers please clarify the way the "present" is supposed to act? If it only the first person it pretty much sucks, folks have been not contributing much running to recipe leaving others out of luck. Generally, most think of Christmas/holidays as a time of sharing and with only one person getting the "present/recipe" promotes greed.

Celtic Fist
  • Options
    tigerblade99tigerblade99 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well, I guess this is one way to get the player base interested in PVP...:D
This discussion has been closed.