test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thanks for warning me I was flushing 7 million EC down the toilet

124»

Comments

• crownvic2doorcrownvic2door Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm sorry but (...who am I kidding I'm laughing right now) the EC cap is common knowledge I learned of this my first day of playing, the fix is buy gold for a month at least or unlock it by itself. It is your own fault for not paying attention and reading the fine print.:rolleyes:

And for the record when new players ask me whats the first things they should get from the c-store I tell them this. "#1. Account bank #2. Inventory slots #3. unlock EC cap, after all those is maxed out your good to go...And I recommend at least getting one month of gold."
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm sorry but (...who am I kidding I'm laughing right now) the EC cap is common knowledge I learned of this my first day of playing, the fix is buy gold for a month at least or unlock it by itself. It is your own fault for not paying attention and reading the fine print.:rolleyes:

And for the record when new players ask me whats the first things they should get from the c-store I tell them this. "#1. Account bank #2. Inventory slots #3. unlock EC cap, after all those is maxed out your good to go...And I recommend at least getting one month of gold."

Currently you lose the 1bil upgrade if you unsubscribe from gold. You have to have purchased the 500 zen upgrade to keep it.

I found this one out the hard way. It used to apparently work, but it doesnt anymore I guess.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Sorry that you didn't pick up the "Common knowledge" trait.

In the time you took to write this thread, your question would have already been answered in one of a number of helpful ingame channels, and your EC would have been perfectly safe.

The first thing I unlocked on STO was the EC cap. However I never had over 10 M so far so it will be interesting to see if that cap thing really work.

Maybe it wouldn't be a terrible idea to show the max cap or add a text saying you have a maximum cap of TRIBBLE. Buy the cap unlock on Z-store --> Link. Or SOMETHING like this.
  • crownvic2doorcrownvic2door Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Currently you lose the 1bil upgrade if you unsubscribe from gold. You have to have purchased the 500 zen upgrade to keep it.

I found this one out the hard way. It used to apparently work, but it doesn't anymore I guess.

Well that's nice of them to let us know after they told us we get to keep anything we got if the sub lapsed...Ok then buy the unlock from c-store and dont rely on cryptic to honor their word.
  • oldkilldareoldkilldare Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013

I found this one out the hard way. It used to apparently work, but it doesnt anymore I guess.
    what if you buy the unlock as silver, sub for a while, and then go back to silver ?
    i ask because that's what i'm doing atm.

as for the OP, my feeling generally is there should possibly be some form of overflow mechanic.

there is in other F2P games.

if it makes you feel any better i stand to lose 1/2 million to a million every time i try to sell a 1,000 latinum package because if it doesn't sell it goes straight back into my currency wallet rather than my bag when i take it out the exchanges "this didn't sell" mail...

i've lost...well i don't like to think about it tbh... 10s of millions...
  • jonascarlsonjonascarlson Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I has a similar thing happen to me over a year ago. My Credit Card expired, was rejected and I went from being a subscriber to a silver player. I lost at least 80 Million in my bank and from stuff I was selling on 3 different characters. I was bummed about it for a while but losing 7 Mill isn't to bad, there's a bunch of ways and things you could easily do and sell to make that back in a day. I feel your pain though.
  • jonascarlsonjonascarlson Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I noticed as a subscriber that the "1 Billion Credit" upgrade is unavailable and shows as already purchased. At least it does for me. I just hope that if I ever had another subscription problem, that it stays as purchased and I don't lose all my credits again.
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    verline1 wrote: »
    That all being said, you can put any amount in your account bank, no matter your bank level
    You cannot. Your account bank holds max 500M.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mirrorshatnermirrorshatner Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It's poor form to heckle someone for being ignorant - even if it is "common knowledge".

I actually consider it a programming oversight - for all such limitations, the coding should be linked. I.e. if you only have the 10 million limit, you should not be able to list any single item (or bundle of items) at a higher amount.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vialator666vialator666 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It was the first thing i brought on my toons- the EC unlock- does it for all toons on your account the once!

stopped playing but all my toons got the unlock now- don't play any more due to cost of items- all stuff found ingame is practically worthless and if you don't fly store brought ship then your wasting your time(especially for pvp)
    or spend your life trying to grind enough ec for a ship!
  • vamankvamank Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This is what I do not understand about people both in game and IRL. Why when people make a mistake it becomes someone else's fault? You are a Silver player and I would believe at some point you knew there were restrictions because of such but you failed to educate yourself on such said restrictions. It's your fault and no one else's.

You whine about 7 million EC being lost, I have lost that several times on bad investments. I have thousands of certain "useless" items that I attempted to invest in but it flopped. I am not blaming anyone else. I gambled and sometimes I win but that time I lost.

I once plucked a Galor out of a lock box, went to post it on the exchange but I posted it for 85 Million instead of 130 Million. I just was thinking about another ship I just posted and wasn't paying attention. it was bought within seconds and I lost 45 Million EC. I was pissed but I learned a hard lesson and have yet to repeat it.

Learn from your mistakes and move on.
    Admiral%20sig%202.png
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have to agree.

This game definitely needs an easy accessible manual. Not the huge list of the dev blogs, matrixes, wiki articles, forum posts et cetera et cetera.
  • jtmarshjtmarsh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Sto is not your mother. Do research.. No that's too strong if a word. Just read the website .