What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 8 - Daily Moochers

13»

Comments

• azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    jarfaru wrote: »
    This is right. Cryptic/PW made the zone and if its alright with them why complain. Just deal with it and be thankful that most of the game is instanced. People will play the way they want. And maybe these players are sick of the grind the game has become but are lifer's with no choice.

Players are sick of the grind? That's a weak ..... excuse to mooch off players. They are just plain too lazy to play the content, that's what it is.

And deal with it? Oh I am, in this thread talking about those lazy players who take advantage of other players who are playing the content legitimately. Unless you are implying kill stealing is okay. Which is funny because last I checked, kill stealing in any online game was considered to be one of the worst things to do.
    hravik wrote: »
    This has to be the most complete nonissue I've seen on the forums in awhile.

Then don't post in the thread.
    phoenicius wrote: »
    err, whats so bad about other people attacking your targets? i mean there is no killsteal in STO

Normally yes you can't kill steal. But with the Space Battlezone you can if you kill the Probes and Swarmers before you can even get a shot off.
    valoreah wrote: »
    Have to be honest, I've been running this mission on several alts since Season 8 launched and I've yet to encounter a moocher.

What do you suggest they do? Just pull these missions from the game?

I already explained that earlier in this thread.
    grob44 wrote: »
    As long as you get what your after what does it matter what others are doing? Maybe they were helping, maybe they just wanted action and kill voth.

That's a load. They see Voth and think of tagging so they can get % taken off their daily so less work for them to do.
    edited November 2013
    OP: Sorry, I had misread this part of your post earlier. Personally, I don't see a problem with the suggestion. I don't know how much coding is involved for it, but would alleviate the issue of who receives credit for the kill. Even if the person was following you and killing the NPCs before you, they wouldn't get any credit for it.

Exactly!

You get full credit no matter what happens and people who stop to shoot are honestly helping and not taking advantage.
  • ghyudtghyudt Member Posts: 1,112 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    Who cares?

Serious, who bloody well cares? everyone gets a kill and gets the daily done ... end of story, besides I am NOT fond of tag kills on MMOs since they are a *****, you are just trading a system were everyone wins with another were everyone loses because if I am denied my kills because you FAW kill tag everything I am not going to stick around.

Well, he has a point. People who just sit around and collect rewards for not doing anything are some of the worst types of players. However, I agree that forst tag gets the kill isn't fair either. I would suggest a system that detects which players are doing something and which aren't and only award stuff to the players who were active before the spawn.
    edited November 2013
    Hmmm... what if you're on a team though? Suppose they spawn it and you kill it. Would you get credit?

It's a Team effort, of course everyone would get credit.
  • hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited November 2013

I was unaware I had to agree with someone in order to post in their thread. What a dull forum that would be.
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I once exited Allied Joint Command, and then sat there for an hour because I was busy reading about elite hangers on Firefox. I was surprised to discover a little notice pop up awarding me Dil and marks.

It wasn't really intentional...although I do tend to randomly attack things when I see them. Not to try and steal kills (because I usually won't even have a mission active), just 'cause pew-pew.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    darkjeff wrote: »
    I once exited Allied Joint Command, and then sat there for an hour because I was busy reading about elite hangers on Firefox. I was surprised to discover a little notice pop up awarding me Dil and marks.

It wasn't really intentional...although I do tend to randomly attack things when I see them. Not to try and steal kills (because I usually won't even have a mission active), just 'cause pew-pew.
    Yeah, that's kinda what I do too. When I see enemy things I usually make them die...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, that's kinda what I do too. When I see enemy things I usually make them die...

I've since changed that policy. I entered Contested Space and randomly attacked the first group of enemies I saw - which happened to be a Dreadnaught battle group.

Got my butt kicked. :o
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    darkjeff wrote: »
    I've since changed that policy. I entered Contested Space and randomly attacked the first group of enemies I saw - which happened to be a Dreadnaught battle group.

Got my butt kicked. :o
    Yeah, that's pretty much the only exception. Although sometimes I'll do it anyways if someone else has already engaged them.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • oridjerraaoridjerraa Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I can't believe what I am reading!

For people to think this type of behavior is mooching or kill stealing, take a chill pill!

These highly rewarding, super easy, dailies are actually bringing people together in a game sorely pressed for more social interaction.

As an example; if I'm flying by and see a "FRIENDLY" locked into an engagement I will alter course and help, daily active or not. The recipient of my assistant isn't losing anything! Can't steal loot or mission percentage.

The Sphere is one of the best things to happen to STO for bringing large groups of players together in space and on ground. If you're so paranoid about it, go back to farming nebula missions...no one will KS your scan 5 samples private mission.

Brody ToS
    edited November 2013
    oridjerraa wrote: »
    I can't believe what I am reading!

For people to think this type of behavior is mooching or kill stealing, take a chill pill!

These highly rewarding, super easy, dailies are actually bringing people together in a game sorely pressed for more social interaction.

As an example; if I'm flying by and see a "FRIENDLY" locked into an engagement I will alter course and help, daily active or not. The recipient of my assistant isn't losing anything! Can't steal loot or mission percentage.

The Sphere is one of the best things to happen to STO for bringing large groups of players together in space and on ground. If you're so paranoid about it, go back to farming nebula missions...no one will KS your scan 5 samples private mission.

Brody ToS

Who are you to determine that I or others need your help when fighting these battles? HUH?

You saying people can't handle probes and swarmers and come flying in the "save them", and denying those players of their kill credit? That sure doesn't sound like you are being helpful, more like being unhelpful in making people doing more mini missions to make up for those kills that you denied them from getting.

You want to help, then toss a Hull Heal or a Shield heal.

And yes, these missions are super easy. But don't fool yourself in thinking it's bringing people closer together. Season 8 is more anti-social with it's competition with people fighting over spawns or Pink Balls.
  • oridjerraaoridjerraa Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Who are you to determine that I or others need your help when fighting these battles? HUH?

You saying people can't handle probes and swarmers and come flying in the "save them", and denying those players of their kill credit? That sure doesn't sound like you are being helpful, more like being unhelpful in making people doing more mini missions to make up for those kills that you denied them from getting.

You want to help, then toss a Hull Heal or a Shield heal.

And yes, these missions are super easy. But don't fool yourself in thinking it's bringing people closer together. Season 8 is more anti-social with it's competition with people fighting over spawns or Pink Balls.

Like I said, take a chill pill. If you believe you are not getting credit for the swarmers and its some how competitive, allow me to direct you to the year 2000, and the game EverQuest. Play it for a year then come back and talk about kill stealing/competition.

In the mean time, take a chill pill.
  • tomin8rtomin8r Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Azurian, grow up. It's a game. If you don't like it, find something else to do with your spare time.
  • gamer940gamer940 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Players are sick of the grind? That's a weak ..... excuse to mooch off players. They are just plain too lazy to play the content, that's what it is.

And deal with it? Oh I am, in this thread talking about those lazy players who take advantage of other players who are playing the content legitimately. Unless you are implying kill stealing is okay. Which is funny because last I checked, kill stealing in any online game was considered to be one of the worst things to do.

Normally yes you can't kill steal. But with the Space Battlezone you can if you kill the Probes and Swarmers before you can even get a shot off.

I already explained that earlier in this thread.

That's a load. They see Voth and think of tagging so they can get % taken off their daily so less work for them to do.

Dude, lighten up. I don't sit there waiting for someone to start a mission, nor do I follow someone to snipe their mission. I will, however, jump in and help someone clear out some enemy ships that spawn, just to be a good sport and help out. Are you saying that for helping someone out, I shouldn't get anything out of it in-game just because you're upset that others kept you from finishing the daily in one mission?
    edited November 2013
    gamer940 wrote: »
    Dude, lighten up. I don't sit there waiting for someone to start a mission, nor do I follow someone to snipe their mission. I will, however, jump in and help someone clear out some enemy ships that spawn, just to be a good sport and help out. Are you saying that for helping someone out, I shouldn't get anything out of it in-game just because you're upset that others kept you from finishing the daily in one mission?

Oh so we have to go out of our way to find an active mission to fill up the percentage, because you had a need to help people, when they just might not wanted any?

Gee, how helpful. :rolleyes:
  • capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Oh so we have to go out of our way to find an active mission to fill up the percentage, because you had a need to help people, when they just might not wanted any?

Gee, how helpful. :rolleyes:

Someone call the U.S.S. Wambulance. Seriously. Good spportsmanship helping is. Never with or without help have i had to go in search of more of something for a mission. Maybe you are just super bad at being a team player and MMO gamer.
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]