test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 8 - Daily Moochers

Comments

• cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Sounds like ground Nukara just before S7. Nobody wanted to team anymore. People shadowed other players and waited for them to draw Tholian agro before rushing in to snatch the objective prize.:mad:Hate that stuff.
  • philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited November 2013
    cptjhunter wrote: »
    Sounds like ground Nukara just before S7. Nobody wanted to team anymore. People shadowed other players and waited for them to draw Tholian agro before rushing in to snatch the objective prize.:mad:Hate that stuff.

Sounds like what Defera Invasion Zone has been like sometimes (thankfully not lately, since I tend to choose the instance with the fewest players). You knock out the Borg, you're about to remodulate the turret ... and some idiot runs in and does it, and then they run off again. I used to yell at them in all-caps in chat, but it did absolutely no good. So I gave up on Defera for a long while. Tired of doing all the work and having someone steal it out from under me. No thanks. Fight for it yourself, leeches, or leave it alone.
  • johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    you may get a little more Dil for showing up at all 3 but I'm not even sure about that.

You do get more... if you can make it to and participate in all 3 zones (City, Outskirts, and Park) V-Rex fights, you can earn 3600 Dil.
    And there was me thinking I was helping out other players, next time I see a stranded player with the VM halo that they cant clear I'll just leave them to suffer.

I felt that I was doing the same thing... on my way to a tower or somewhere, see a ship being swarmed, head in to help... this is somehow now considered a bad thing? I generally fly a science ship (vesta) with debuffs and heals... it is not uncommon for me to break towards and start healing ships and joining their fight...

I am also grateful when other ships show up to help... I have never noticed my mission rewards lowered because someoneelse joined my fight...

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i find it funny ppl getting so worked up over EC farmers from EC websites this stuff goes on in every mmo i have ever played
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You do get more... if you can make it to and participate in all 3 zones (City, Outskirts, and Park) V-Rex fights, you can earn 3600 Dil.
    Well, I can confirm that you get more, but I'm not sure how you get that much. Earlier today I managed to drop the first V-Rex and get to the second in time to get in a few licks on it too. how is it calculated exactly?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well, I can confirm that you get more, but I'm not sure how you get that much. Earlier today I managed to drop the first V-Rex and get to the second in time to get in a few licks on it too. how is it calculated exactly?

Really couldn't give you the math... just speaking from experience. Obviously it has to be a pretty active zone to pull it off... generally when I have been able to get to all three is when 1 zone is left alone (Say City) while teams clear out the other 2... so when the -Rexes show, most everone is in City... kill that off fast, move to the next (wave of people), finish the next off, and rush to the last zone ... usually at the last zone its a race to see if you can get there.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Really couldn't give you the math... just speaking from experience. Obviously it has to be a pretty active zone to pull it off... generally when I have been able to get to all three is when 1 zone is left alone (Say City) while teams clear out the other 2... so when the -Rexes show, most everone is in City... kill that off fast, move to the next (wave of people), finish the next off, and rush to the last zone ... usually at the last zone its a race to see if you can get there.
    hunh, when I did it I started in the forest area and went to outskirts. Not sure when the city one died, but given how many people where at Outskirts it was probably before I went to Outskirts.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Guys, stay on topic please.

Anyhow, just had 4 players swoop in as soon as I spawned the probes and swarmers again. People have gotten SO D@#$ LAZY!

I'm officially calling these lazy players..........Vultures.

Why? Because they are too lazy to do their own work and swoop in when there is an opportunity.

Since there is nothing from Cryptic, guess they prefer this type of gameplay. Guess to them this is "fun".
  • tomin8rtomin8r Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If you do not like it, do not play.

You cannot tell others to play the game according to what you feel is right. People will spend their time in STO how they please. There is no debate here.
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well, looks like Season 8 has brought out the couch potato warriors. :rolleyes:

Over the past hour in the Allied zone, I've witnessed players just waiting at certain easy hotspots, waiting for players to do missions and spawn the Voth, and all they have to do is just fire their weapons to get kill credit, in order to complete the Daily.

Which is funny since you can be done with the daily in a few minutes if you did it yourself. Just shows how lazy these people are. Well given that they actually have to do work in the Battlezone for that daily and no longer AFK in Events, should've seen it coming. :rolleyes:
    I have seen something similar.

While beaming into a battlezone on four occasions, I noticed a few players standing around the gate. I also noticed how 80% of the zones were completed, and only a handful of players were working them. Once the final boss zones were revealed, the afkers will suddenly pop out of nowhere. Sometimes the afkers defeat one of the bosses, while the proactive group is working on another, and they prevent you from completing the world map.

I think the AFK penalty system should also be applied to Dyson.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    tomin8r wrote: »

You cannot tell others to play the game according to what you feel is right. People will spend their time in STO how they please. There is no debate here.

Like you're doing? Don't be a hypocrite.

linyive wrote: »
    I have seen these players as well.

While beaming into a battlezone on four occasions, I noticed a few players standing around the gate. I also noticed how 80% of the zones were completed, and only a handful of players were working them. Once the final boss zones were revealed, the lingering players would pop out of nowhere.

I think the AFK penalty system should also be applied to Dyson.

Gawd, if that should happen all hell would break loose. Like I said earlier, best just have it like the Academy Event. Where NPCs spawn for you and only get the credit. While others can help kill the NPCs, but they don't get anything out of it.

So people who help are helping for the sake of helping. I.E. Real Teamwork.
  • tomin8rtomin8r Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Someone needs to get out more. It is a game, not a lifestyle.
  • sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Sounds to me like the area was stagnating. Individual behavior needs to be drowned in the dino-zerg. :P

---
  • capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Moocher DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I go into Zone with 5 Fleetmates. We usually just bullrush one whole zone, then split into 3 groups 2 head out to say outskirts, then 2 head to say city. One remains to keep the area locked down.

We p**s off whole instances this way. The best part is the end where that one remaining person holds off the scientists and the V-Rex once everyone is done with their, well sound the cavalry cause all of them come flying in to wipe out the V-Rex.

This method works for us, as it makes a challenge into a cakewalk, the moochers get theirs and we get ours. Win/Win for everyone. But mostly a Win for my group as we are Bada** and everyone knows it.:cool:

Welcome to the 101st Airborne son, we hit the ground running.
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ^ The Allied Zone Daily

I care, that's what! I HATE people mooching off other's work instead of getting off their rears and do it themselves. :mad:

They aren't helping, they are taking advantage of the situation and capitalizing. That's promoting bad behavior that's only going to drag the rest of us down. Remember how people take the easy route, well doesn't get any easier than sitting in one spot and pushing a button now does it?

How is it going to drag US down? I can solo this stuff... as can most players who do not spend most of their time whining on the forums.

Again, why US?

There is no US with you, your every post on this forum is a blight of antisocial, self entitled TRIBBLE.
  • mashaniemashanie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Tractoring a ship and killing swarmers >_> 85 percent or so, 45-60 seconds of "effort"

Actually there's another that's faster and gives 90% xD At least it did last time, I'll recheck today after maintenance.
    edited November 2013

If memory servers, Arnold the quest giver in Battlezone command explains it. Just click the Battleground Reards tab of his, he explains how the rewards pan out for participation.
  • capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    To get moreall three V-Rex's need to be removed from life. Yolu can gain Dil if there is someone holding back the scientists. so the group gets full 3 V-Rex dil, one guy gets 2 V-Rex dil and the last guy gets one V-Rex Dil.

But everyone gets the same completion of VCI, Marks and More Dil(outside of the dead rex dil)
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Not sure if I'm one of these "moochers" the op is complaining about but if so oh well, I've never gotten credit for an ally zone fight that I know of when I'm there and I'm busy. I go there to get the doff assignments, sit directly under the DJC and start assigning officers. Then some person that can't handle their fights bring them into this spot where I'm at and I get fired on, so yeah I'm gonna stop what I'm doing, shoot down the ships firing at me then go back to my busines.
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Truthfully... you get your 5 VCI just by going to ONE V-Rex fight and killing it. you may get a little more Dil for showing up at all 3 but I'm not even sure about that.
    Showing up at all three isn't exactly EASY, to the point where you get an achievement for pulling it off. If anything, you're SUPPOSED to make an effort to show up at all the fights.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2013
    If people are dragging their fights to you they may be trying to grief you.

Or maybe they are doing the allied command mission that requires you to repair damaged ships. One is at the HQ and the spawning iconic TRIBBLE/voth ships sometimes decide to go on a hunting trip.
  • phoeniciusphoenicius Member Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This is really getting frustrating, people kill stealing. Some players even shadowing you, knowing you got a mission. :mad:

err, whats so bad about other people attacking your targets? i mean there is no killsteal in STO, plus it fits the damn setting, the UFP, KDF and RR are working together against the voth, oh noes you might have allies helping you, come on now.

i wish i had "useless" folks following me and shooting stuff all the time, more often than not i'm having to fight an entire group of voth by myself at the contested zone, some rare times even the dread spawn and its fleet.
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited November 2013
    I expect the ground battlezone to be almost vacant in a few months when people have more marks than they know what to do with.

Right now it is already getting bad with the moochers - all the time it's just a few of us working our butts off doing all the running around - but as soon as the V-rexs show its like every player in the map suddenly comes to life to take the rewards.

Part of this is shear laziness and taking advantage of other players - but part I think is from the shear mental exhaustion from all the running around - it's too much - the city map is a frustrating disaster that makes you backtrack to go almost anywhere because there are only a few bridge connections. The teleport pad is also locked in an island which is hard to get too - very bad setup.

Either changes will be made or it will just become another nukara once people are done with the rep.

Meh - it will be more wasted content. They could fix it by adding a certain amount of points you have to be involved in capturing before qualifying for the final rewards. That would stop a lot of the mooching.
  • grob44grob44 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    As long as you get what your after what does it matter what others are doing? Maybe they were helping, maybe they just wanted action and kill voth.
  • hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This has to be the most complete nonissue I've seen on the forums in awhile.
  • jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    tomin8r wrote: »

This is right. Cryptic/PW made the zone and if its alright with them why complain. Just deal with it and be thankful that most of the game is instanced. People will play the way they want. And maybe these players are sick of the grind the game has become but are lifer's with no choice.
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I wonder if some of the anti-penalty opposition are stf afkers. Since they saw what happened to the stfs, the anti-penalty opposition has become proactive. rofl...

Seriously, if you are being an honest player, I would think that you would be promoting participation. I can understand someone stopping to: work on duty officer missions, activate daily missions, switch gear, ask questions, build a team, or watch cut scenes.

What many people do not understand is that the maps are scaling. As the population of the instances grow, the zone difficulties compensate for the number of players. When players sit around the gate room, the active players have to work twice as hard. Dyson Sphere does not work similar to Defera and Nukara. Cryptic built a group focused dynamic into the missions.

If the afker penalty is not a good answer, what would be a more viable solution?

Doing nothing is not a solution.
    edited November 2013
    hravik wrote: »
    This has to be the most complete nonissue I've seen on the forums in awhile.

So you think that me and 3 others carrying and either zone and working 3x as hard to capture it as if there were 15 actives - then when all the hard running around grinding is Done 10 others spring to life to collect the rewards of all that hard work?? Is a non issue?? Ok right - just you wait a few weeks until this becomes more rampant - I guarantee as someone who knows this community pretty well - this will become the biggest complaint on the forums.

The only thing that could make for some distortion or pushing this problem off into the new year is the winter event as people migrate to that content.

They should get ahead of the curve at cryptic- there is nothing wrong with putting an number of sites you must participate in capturing to get the final rewards.
  • hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So you think that me and 3 others carrying and either zone and working 3x as hard to capture it as if there were 15 actives - then when all the hard running around grinding is Done 10 others spring to life to collect the rewards of all that hard work?? Is a non issue?? Ok right - just you wait a few weeks until this becomes more rampant - I guarantee as someone who knows this community pretty well - this will become the biggest complaint on the forums.

The only thing that could make for some distortion or pushing this problem off into the new year is the winter event as people migrate to that content.

They should get ahead of the curve at cryptic- there is nothing wrong with putting an number of sites you must participate in capturing to get the final rewards.

The original post of this thread isn't about the battlezone. If you and other people wandered off topic, that's your problem, not mine.
    edited November 2013
    hravik wrote: »
    The original post of this thread isn't about the battlezone. If you and other people wandered off topic, that's your problem, not mine.

You are correct sir - my bad - I will make a new thread dealing with all the battlezone issues.