test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fatal Error: Unable to initialize on-demand patching and connect to the Patch Server;

Ticket : 131116-001469

After logging in to the launcher, and clicking Launch, I see the Cryptic Splash screen (for a long time) and then the game crashes with the following message;

"Fatal Error: Unable to initialize on-demand patching and connect to the Patch Server; The connection was idle for too long".

Relevant Notes;
1. I did not have this problem for HOLODECK before Season 8
2. I DID have this problem for TRIBBLE during the weeks leading up to Season 8. Now the problem has move to Holodeck after the S8 patch.
3. No changes have been made at my end. Same ISP, equipment and network configuration.
4. Tracert speeds have not changed since before S8 (I am on satellite)
5. Disabled firewall and AV with no change
6. Force verified with no changes
7. Restarted all network equipment with no change

Tracert results here
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-1v78u7XEKLg/Uo0vcqxXsdI/AAAAAAAAHog/-9Iku3xg2qg/s734/trace.jpg

Waiting for support ....

Has anyone else experienced this?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    enterprise1701axenterprise1701ax Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Jkstocbr, a bunch of us have been experiencing a total STO lock-out since Season 8 started on Tuesday, and here it is Sunday. The usual problem is that the game launcher gets to either the Legacy of Romulus screen or the character select window -- where our game crashes to desktop every time! Apparently the problem was transferred to Holodeck from Tribble. Cryptic/PWE is aware of it. We have no idea when it will be fixed. And I would not recommend tweaking your system too much as, from what I've heard on the forum, even the devs admit the problem is on their end. So basically, if we try to redo our systems too much, we might have new problems once this super-bug gets fixed. If it is any consolation, many of us are in the same "lost in space" condition that you are experiencing. We've been hanging out on the "[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup..." thread.
  • Options
    jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yeah thanks I saw that thread also, but could not find mention of the error message that I posted. I guess we are all just running around in the sark with out pants down :o
  • Options
    enterprise1701axenterprise1701ax Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    jkstocbr wrote: »
    .... I guess we are all just running around in the sark with out pants down :o

Yeah, pretty much.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Wow got a support ticket response after 2 days ...

Will try this tonight

Hello!

You may just need to wait and try again later.

If you are still experiencing the issue, try the following:

First restart your system.

Try flushing your DNS:

https://support.perfectworld.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4185/kw/flush%20dns

Try changing your IP address with this method (It does not really change your personal IP, just your web IP)

http://whatismyipaddress.com/change-ip

You can try adding the game folder/files to your exceptions list in your antivirus and firewall software. Please see the help menu or support website for the software that you use if you aren't sure how to do it.

At your own risk, you may have to disable your antivirus, firewall, and other security software temporarily while you download, install, update, login to, and play the game. Sometimes the security software will block it or throttle it, no matter what you try or even if you try to add exceptions for the game files in your security software.

Please go to: http://download.perfectworld.com/sto/launcher/Star%20Trek%20Online.exe

or

http://download.perfectworld.com/co/launcher/Champions%20Online.exe

to download the launcher.

Please be sure to put the file into your Cryptic Launcher folder; which is typically C:\Program Files (x86)\Cryptic Studios; overwriting the existing file of the same name that is in there. This will be the same folder that also has CrypticError.exe.

Try uninstalling Pando Media Booster after the game is updated.

If none of this works, try re-downloading and reinstalling the game.

Sincerely,

The Perfect World Tech Support Team
    https://support.perfectworld.com/
  • Options
    plowboy1dplowboy1d Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Tell me if any of the stuff the support people sent you worked. I have the same issue, and got the same response from support. I'm even on my second time downloading the game! I am on satellite to, so if you find a fix, I would love to hear it.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    None of the recommendations worked :(
  • Options
    slayerofbloodslayerofblood Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well, I'm glad I'm not the only poor sap with this problem. I also have satellite internet. I got so mad at the game not loading that I hauled my enormous tower to my best friend's house to use his cable... and lo and behold, it worked! Granted, the bestie stole my computer to play his account on the massive TV (only HDMI monitor available, hehe), but the gorram thing actually connected! So, is it part of the Satellite internet that has us screwed? I'm running WildBlue satellite out of Denver.
    FED TAC: Ty'irren Micybos, USS Mistake Not... NX-93023.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Well, I'm glad I'm not the only poor sap with this problem. I also have satellite internet. I got so mad at the game not loading that I hauled my enormous tower to my best friend's house to use his cable... and lo and behold, it worked! Granted, the bestie stole my computer to play his account on the massive TV (only HDMI monitor available, hehe), but the gorram thing actually connected! So, is it part of the Satellite internet that has us screwed? I'm running WildBlue satellite out of Denver.

Well I am in Australia 30min out of town on NBN Satellite :( No copper ADSL because the exchange is all out of ports. Speeds are only 6/1Mbps and all worked find before Season 8. Trying to sell house to move back into town where there is fibre.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Slayerofblood can you lodge a support ticket and reference my ticket number 131116-001469 (https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask)

Plowboy1d, can you update your ticket and mention mine? This way they can start to see there is a connection.

Can you post your ticket numbers so I can cross reference back to you also?

We are all on Satellite and have the same problem.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I don't get the message ...

"Fatal Error: Unable to initialize on-demand patching and connect to the Patch Server; The connection was idle for too long".

I have already successfully patched Season 8 and clicked Engage, and I have on-demand patching disabled.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Ticket 13113-00926

Just downloaded the entire game a second time, and same poroblem. My internet worked fine before season 8 as well. Guess I'll just wait for a fix, soon I hope, going through withdraws here.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Slayerofblood can you lodge a support ticket and reference my ticket number 131116-001469 (https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask)

Plowboy1d, can you update your ticket and mention mine? This way they can start to see there is a connection.

Done and done!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Additional information

I was able to successfully patch Champions Online and load the game.
    I am still yet unable to load STO.

This is a good thing as the tracert uses the same address
    https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-1v78u7XEKLg/Uo0vcqxXsdI/AAAAAAAAHog/-9Iku3xg2qg/s734/trace.jpg

ps. I don't want to play Champions Online!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I already did the tracert, but im not sure how to read the results.
  • Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    plowboy1d wrote: »
    I already did the tracert, but im not sure how to read the results.

You you don't know how to read the results, then post the results, so that someone who knows how to read the results can do it for you. And don't forget the 'Net Test' results as well...
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    The Nov 21 patch for Holodeck has not resolved the problem.

A recap ...
    Ticket : 131116-001469

After logging in to the launcher, and clicking Launch, I see the Cryptic Splash screen (for a long time) and then the game crashes with the following message;

- I can load Champions Online
    - I could load Holodeck pre-S8, and had this problem on Tribble
    - Post S8 the problem has transferred to Holodeck

Waiting for support to reply again to my ticket. :(
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Well I figured out the tracert results, and mine like yours don't look that good, but it worked before. I haven't heard back from sending in your ticket number with mine. I guess were just waiting on a fix.
  • Options
    slayerofbloodslayerofblood Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Okay, submitted a ticket: #131125-000950

Anyone manage to get on yet?
    FED TAC: Ty'irren Micybos, USS Mistake Not... NX-93023.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I Still can not get on and am trying to download a fresh copy of the game on another PC.

Support responded to my ticked again ...
    Hello,

Please refer to this thread for updates regarding the recent graphical and crashing issues with STO.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=13687961#post13687961

The community managers are actively updating this as new information is available

Regards,

http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/

Do they even READ the information provided in the Ticket???!?!??

They just appear to Copy/Paste the response if anyone has login in issues as the Video problem is a big problem for them.

slayerofblood in post 8 said the following ...

So I have been playing without any problem since launch .... until S8
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Oh Joy had a feedback survey on the Ticket Support ...
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Latest response from my Ticket ....
    Hello,

If you could please send us DxDiag and HijackThis logs, that will help us to diagnose the problem. It'll be helpful to us if you tell us some of your computer's information, and PLEASE include any screenshots of any bugs or errors that you get.

To create a dxdiag log, go to Start, click on Run (or Search if using Windows 7 or Vista), then type in dxdiag and press Enter on your keyboard.

Click on Save All Information, then attach the text file to this ticket (If on a 64bit system, look for and click on the Save 64bit Dxdiag button beside the Save All Information button).

To create the HijackThis log, go to http://sourceforge.net/projects/hjt/ Download and save it, then install it. Click Do a system scan and save a log file, then attach the text file to your reply.

Please do not copy and then paste the text of these logs into your reply.

We'll take look at these log files and give you feedback on your issue.

Regards,

http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/

I suggest you guys do this also to speed up your ticket
  • Options
    philchapphilchap Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i saw once today and i have stalite. my question does your charqacter sdscreen take long to load?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    philchap wrote: »
    i saw once today and i have stalite. my question does your charqacter sdscreen take long to load?

I don't get as far as the character selection screen. I only see the Cryptic splash screen after I click Engage ... then a long wait, then it crashes and I get the error message.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I don't get as far as the character selection screen. I only see the Cryptic splash screen after I click Engage ... then a long wait, then it crashes and I get the error message.

sounds llike my issue if different yours. cause at times today i could get completely logged in. Im using hughes.net? what company are you guys using?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    philchap wrote: »
    sounds llike my issue if different yours. cause at times today i could get completely logged in. Im using hughes.net? what company are you guys using?

NBN Satellite (via iiNet) in Australia
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    well add me to the list. i rebooted my computer and got same message
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I'm on Huges net also, so put me in the club as well, I'm hoping this patch today does something.
  • Options
    wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    None of the recommendations worked :(

of course it didnt because it was bull^%^% from the start i played all the way up to them shutting down the servers so they could patch and now after the patch??? i get the same TRIBBLE as the OP it not on your side its on their side and they need to fix it tell folks to re in stall is ubsurd in this case and they need to stop giving us a freakin from e- mail and just come on here and let us know the progress
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • Options
    wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    and what i cannot figure out for the life of me is if this was on tribble WTF would you release this before fixing this i just dont get it.....like was said earlier its on there end ans my connection is fios im running 75 down 35 up and after my test im getting 84.7 down 32.8 up so yeah devs a little help ?? ......odd my swtor runs fine as does my battlefield 4 ..a sign?
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    to anyone hughes.net with this issue. im not saying will fix the issue pernmently. but unplug your hughesnet box and replugging it in.