test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

OneTime Code Woes

Hi all.

Returning STO player, changed my e-mail from the long dead one, to the current new one.

I have received the activation email and completed the activation of the new e-mail. However when I try to sign in to STO, I get asked for a onetime code. And try as I may this code never gets emailed to me, and the onetime code window times out and the cycle repeats.

Has anyone any idea how I could sort this out please?

:)
PROUD TO PLAY THIS GAME MINUS TO GIVING ANY INCOME TO CRYPTIC
Post edited by ivannanuke on

Comments

• Options
    derin125derin125 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hi , I am having the same issue. I just got a new laptop and downloaded STO but never got a One-Time Code for log in....Hopefully it will get fixed soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gavriil1983gavriil1983 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I had a feeling it wasn't just me as I just started having this issue today as well.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2013
    Hi Captains,

Thanks for the report. I wanted to test this, and I received my code instantly. See this image's date and time (Note: I did remove my username and code#): https://twitter.com/pwe_branflakes/status/402138926439088128

By chance, what email providers are you all using (e.g. @yahoo.com, @gamil.com, etc.) and have you checked other folders in your mail?

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    gavriil1983gavriil1983 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hi Captains,

Thanks for the report. I wanted to test this, and I received my code instantly. See this image's date and time (Note: I did remove my username and code#): https://twitter.com/pwe_branflakes/status/402138926439088128

By chance, what email providers are you all using (e.g. @yahoo.com, @gamil.com, etc.) and have you checked other folders in your mail?

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

most of my accounts use gmail, and one uses my isp. I have tried one that uses gmail (my main) and the one that uses my isp's address. (bell canada)
    neither have recieved email.
    I do appreciate the prompt response on a sunday (I was expecting it would be monday until I heard back from you).
  • Options
    smokinssoulmatesmokinssoulmate Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    most of my accounts use gmail, and one uses my isp. I have tried one that uses gmail (my main) and the one that uses my isp's address. (bell canada)
    neither have recieved email.
    I do appreciate the prompt response on a sunday (I was expecting it would be monday until I heard back from you).

Log out of your account and hit forgot password you should get a email to reset your password link, (you don't actually have to reset ur password)Get the header information then go to this website below and paste the header information into the box. then post the url results here.

http://mxtoolbox.com/EmailHeaders.aspx

Once you post the link pwebranflakes will be able to see if there is any problem since the email for the one time code comes from the same email address as the one to reset your username/or password
  • Options
    riddlinsriddlins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Some corrupted files in STO crashed my system. I re-formatted my computer and now the game is asking me for "One-Time Code".
    I went to the email where I last received my one-time code and waited for 30 min and never received anything. So, I changed the address to the one I use the most, double check for correct spelling and sent and log in the game.
    Game asking for One - Time Code again, but I am sitting here for another 20 min, nothing showed up in my email.

What's going on? How do I tell the game to re-send the code again?
  • Options
    enterprise1701axenterprise1701ax Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I had that same message when I logged onto Beta for the first time yesterday. But it did send me an automated e-mail, no delay. I'm wondering if you are checking the correct e-mail account? If you've changed it, any time since playing STO, I'd recommend checking every account you've ever used. Perhaps something got reset during the change to season 8 and it's going to an old e-mail address?

Sorry, I know that's not too helpful.
  • Options
    darivmagedarivmage Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I too am having this issue. I'm using gmail and I halve checked all my other folders.

Scott
  • Options
    edited November 2013
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I threw my self into the mix to test this problem, I change the email address and got the one time email code.It was to yahoo however not gmail, I will change the email address to a gmail add and re-test.

Here is the url for the header results.

http://mxtoolbox.com/Public/Tools/EmailHeaders.aspx?huid=fdead172-655f-4a2b-8269-ed9bf99cfc46

Ok... Change my email address, from ISP>to yahoo, got the one time code.> changed to gmail, no one time code

If someone wants to repeat the test we can find out if it is just gmail accounts which it appears to be.

when, I had the email as my gmail account I sent my self a username and password request. URL of the header results here
    http://mxtoolbox.com/Public/Tools/EmailHeaders.aspx?huid=63f7e0d0-84bd-4c6c-981e-8daab95ca2be

There does appear to be some what of a delay it didn't come in straight away like it did for the yahoo. However the one time code did not show
  • Options
    mikelburlmikelburl Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have been receiving my one time codes every time I log in with my new computer...unfortunately those always generate one time code failures...is it something that I am doing? Mind you I still have STO on my PC. And my laptop.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    mikelburl - The one time codes have a time limit on them, also if you generate a new it automatically expires the previous one.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Hi Captains,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I got my One-Time code when I logged in on the website but I didn't get one for In-Game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    derin125 wrote: »
    I got my One-Time code when I logged in on the website but I didn't get one for In-Game.

This is weird I looked at my e-mail now and I see the 2 One-Time codes now but it says they were delivered about 14 hours after I tried to get them. (Using Hotmail email address accessed via W8 Internet Explorer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    maendormaendor Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I too am having this issue with PW and the one time codes.

I can access my account, and have no problem when trying to update my wallet; however, when I try to access my subscription I am required to log in again and the one time code box comes up, but no email is sent.

Have checked both new mail and spam mail folders

This is the same issue with STO and Champions Online.

Have been unable to update my subscription for 2 days now.

Submitted a ticket and got an auto response to my email account as the result.

Using an AOL email address accessed via Chrome.
  • Options
    mikelburlmikelburl Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    mikelburl - The one time codes have a time limit on them, also if you generate a new it automatically expires the previous one.

I can use them on my PC, the one I have been using all along. I understand that they have a time limit...I get the new code once on my PC used it to verify on account guard...says it is a saved client but go to log in (yes I am logged off the other computer) and still I get one time code failure , AND yes I don't use it twice.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    derin125 wrote: »
    This is weird I looked at my e-mail now and I see the 2 One-Time codes now but it says they were delivered about 14 hours after I tried to get them. (Using Hotmail email address accessed via W8 Internet Explorer

If you still have the emails get the header information and put it into

http://mxtoolbox.com/EmailHeaders.aspx

then we would be able to see where the delay is and see which server has STO grey listed
  • Options
    airbear8airbear8 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    3 hours and still waiting for my 1 time code to be sent to my gmail account. I setup STO on a new Macbook Pro and need to get into it to solve the other issues before I leave town tomorrow. I did the reset password thing and the email came right away:

http://mxtoolbox.com/Public/Tools/EmailHeaders.aspx?huid=7a5ca9e3-8248-4a14-a133-d1edaaa93a3d

And I've checked other folders. Very aggravating.

AirBear
  • Options
    captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm also getting this issue now, new laptop, just to see if it even can handle STO. my account has been and will always go through my GMAIL at all times. This is the first time I've never had the code immediately show up, what's going on?
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Three days of still being unable to access my subscriptions management (well at least that has cured me of the impulse purchase :) ), nor any reply to submitted ticket on the issue.What happened to the 'dev' that was apparently looking into this?

Also got me thinking as to how long this issue has been going on regardless of the increasing number of players affected of late?
  • Options
    segasisegasi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This was happening to me and I'm not sure why but this is how I got around it:

I clicked submit on the page that asked for the one time code without filling in any boxes. This sent me back to the login in page. I then relogged in and this time a email was sent right away.

I'm not sure if this will work for you but u may as well give it a go.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Segasi, thank you very much, your suggestion worked!

It says something when another player can solve an issue with his first post that seems to be beyond PW, as noted above.

Cheers.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Worked now! Thanks :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    airbear8airbear8 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This morning I was able to get codes quickly sent for both my Win and Mac versions of the game so it seems they have the problem fixed. And I'm using a Gmail account.

AirBear