test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Deferi Dailies *Resolved!*

chaosempdragonchaosempdragon Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited December 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Rescue Deferi Captives:
After correctly completing the dialogue you begin to transport the Deferi on board. After the transport is complete the timer continues to tick without registering the transport was successful. When time runs out mission failed.

Aiding the Deferi:
Deferi Outpost 3: Supplies Overdues
First step is to Contact Outpost. When you try to do that you get the menu to visit the store there. This step can not be completed and the mission does not proceed.
Post edited by chaosempdragon on

Comments

• xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    These following missions are bugged.

-Deferi Outpost, totally cant do the "scan freightor one" as it just keeps asking you to contact outpost but you cant.
    -Breen patrol, when you do the interaction to beam over the deferi, itll do it but they don't transfer over and you are then forced to attack them. You pretty much sit there after the whole "blue sparklies" shoot all over and nothing goes forward, then the breen attack you on sight.

Not sure about kelvani as we just skipped that since we couldn't do outpost.
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • penguin44ca1penguin44ca1 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Confirmed here as well. This is a major disappointment
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Confirming transporter bug. How do you even break something like this?

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,183 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Got the same issue with outpost 3 none of the missions prior to S8 no longer begin
  • methos71methos71 Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Any word on whether or not this problem might've been fixed by last night's patch? The Deferi dailies are part of my daily in-game routine. Be a shame if they're still broken, as has been reported.
    "Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -Zefram Cochrane
    Vice-Admiral Methos Corinthian
    methos71
    screenshot_2012-03-27-13-37-23.jpg

• macarthur1961macarthur1961 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    methos71 wrote: »
    Any word on whether or not this problem might've been fixed by last night's patch? The Deferi dailies are part of my daily in-game routine. Be a shame if they're still broken, as has been reported.

ROLF Imagine how those of us feel whom can't even get back onto game since 1st season 8 patch... we are losing our 15 free lobi and F2P like myself are losing 8 K dil x5 toons...
    If I were a LTS like most in my situation, I would be DEMANDING some form of compensation... no point for me to try this tho, as there is no real loss to compensate me for due to my current status.
    O... and for the record, Defari dailies are part of my regular routine too.
    :cool:
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This has already been reported back on Tribble, but Cryptic ignored the issue. Oh what a surprise - the bug went live!

Yeah, two of the dailes are bugged and thus cannot be completed.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Confirmed. Broken.
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well I'm glad this is known and the team is working on it at least.

I was unpleasantly surprised to say the least.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ah, good to see this is being worked on.
  • tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Seems awfully anxious for the player to hail them with a hello and small talk, like you warped in to 'visit outpost', when you're warping in to deal with an attack. Bug, or intended behavior? It makes one think that the mission is bugging up (it did for me anyway), initially. It finished, but that still seems... not normal. Low priority tho. ^_^
  • battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Not only the small talk but the mission is not able to be finished. You end up doing both missions at that planet at the same time. There is one to scan disabled freighters and to eliminate the Breen patrols - part of the 3 mission daily. The freighters and Breen are there but you cannot scan the freighters and it does not even appear in the mission tracking. At the same time, you are being asked to repair the sensors. You can engage the repairs but they do not count toward completion. I dropped the repairs it gave me to do the daily mission and it put the system on 20 hours cooldown.

Condense, both missions at Outpost 3 are being given at the same time and neither can be completed. This causes the Aiding the Deferi Daily to not be able to be completed.

EDIT: It seems to me that the "Ops" menu is the problem. It persisted through the whole thing and was present in the middle of my screen out of combat and in the lower right in combat. Every time I performed an action that should have ticked off a completed step, the small talk window popped up instead of the step completion being recorded. I ended with all Breen dead but no freighters scanned and all 4 sensors fixed with 0/4 repaired.
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Aiding the Deferi Outpost 3 appears to be broken when entering Assist Outpost 3, 1 of 3 different missions is supposed to generate, this is not happening. Its like just visiting the outpost where you can select store and that mini mission repair satellites ? Also playing as a Fed on Breen Patrol the game is not recognizing i have beamed the Prisoners off the Breen ship after firing the Deflector pulse, causing the mission to fail.
  • thecoffinflythecoffinfly Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Aiding the Deferi Outpost 3 appears to be broken when entering Assist Outpost 3, 1 of 3 different missions is supposed to generate, this is not happening. Its like just visiting the outpost where you can select store and that mini mission repair satellites ? Also playing as a Fed on Breen Patrol the game is not recognizing i have beamed the Prisoners off the Breen ship after firing the Deflector pulse, causing the mission to fail.

I've also noticed this, though in regards to the first point, I noticed if you enter and leave the system a few times you'll notice, in the distance, a Deferi frigate battling a Breen vessel. Proceed towards it, engage and defeat it and it SHOULD set the counter in the corner and...then..just proceed and defeat..
  • sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Known issues that are being worked on. There are thread(s) in the bug forum about these.
  • chaosempdragonchaosempdragon Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    As of Thursday 11/14 evening this is still broken. So looks like today's maintenance did not get this after all.

I would like to point out yesterday Deferi Outpost 3 daily was to defeat the Breen ships, that daily was completable despite the bug.
  • rakija879rakija879 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Defera invasion zone missions when will they be fixed ? Or is that ancient history all forgotten :(
  • kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    still bugged 7:19pst 11/14/2013

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    And tonight was Supplies Overdue. Which requires outpost contact to start. And guess which window popped up from the outpost? Of course, 'store' and 'outpost security'. NOT THE MISSION POPUP. Aid the Deferi is thusly totally unfinishable tonight for me. Get this FIXED, please?

Add to that: Kelvani Outpost under attack also requires contact outpost. Clicking 'Ops' there only gives you 'transport successful'.

Correction, I blasted all 6 groups, and the end contact came up without the first one, so it finished. going to test whether going to the freighters in OP3 works, without calling outpost.

Update: Nope. Dropped Aid the Deferi due to inability to complete.
  • moesanrathmoesanrath Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    yes the out post 3 deferi mission was busted as all hell for me tonight as well. all i would get is the ops button in the middle of the screen...with queen fish head telling me about how great her store was....nothing would happen about the attack they was facing that i came to deal with.
  • moesanrathmoesanrath Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    glad to see these are being worked on....surpised the forum mod didnt sticky this post though. i wouldnt have bothered to post in another thread.
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    As of Thursday 11/14 evening this is still broken. So looks like today's maintenance did not get this after all.

I would like to point out yesterday Deferi Outpost 3 daily was to defeat the Breen ships, that daily was completable despite the bug.

It's the one that I hate the most, retrieve the cargo from the ambushed ships that's the most affected.

Even worse is the rescue the deferi daily where you have to beam them off. You can do everything right and it just fails. I was ticked. I'm surprised they haven't even mentioned it in the notes after two updates, at least as a known issue.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • k668k668 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have the same pop-up dialog issue on "Assist Outpost 3", plus "Rescue Deferi Captives" is broken as well:

If "beam over prisoners" is chosen, the interaction bar fills up and fails to trigger the follow-up dialog. Nothing happens until the timer runs out: "Failed to rescue the Deferi captives", dang.

These mission-breaking glitches are particularly annoying given the misisons in questions are Dilithium dailies. Plus, I actually kind of liked the Deferi missions. Can we have them back in playable shape? :rolleyes:
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well, at least I have a boatload of latinum I can use to pay off the Breen for the time being...

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • methos71methos71 Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well, at least I have a boatload of latinum I can use to pay off the Breen for the time being...

I'm hoping that's a joke? Has the mission been completing if ya pay off the Breen??

They've nerfed dilithium earning methods, nerfed EC earning methods and now they want more of our Latinum too?

The Grand Nagus isn't gonna like this at all...unless he's in on it with the Breen.;)

On a serious note, I take it the last patch hasn't remedied this problem? 'Cause I'm not gonna bother even attempting my Deferi dailies until I read confirmation that they're back in working order.
    "Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -Zefram Cochrane
    Vice-Admiral Methos Corinthian
    methos71
    screenshot_2012-03-27-13-37-23.jpg

• endorfinatorendorfinator Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Despite having clear the transport with nearly ten seconds left, the clock runs down and it claims I have failed to rescue the captives. The Breen then attack and the mission considered a failure. I have noticed several things in the Orellius sector block being broken recently.
  • azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm having this same issue, so I had another member of my fleet test it, and they had the problem too.
  • maracroftmaracroft Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Nope this is still borked.
  • captainedwards09captainedwards09 Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Confirmed broken on my end too, I have had others say that they have always done the latinum method and that has worked and still continues to work, many didn't even know of the deflector pulse option, lol. Either way hoping this gets fixed soon, rather would not be spending 1000 GPL for 480 dilithium daily.
  • maverick181maverick181 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Just wanted to bump this. This mission is unable to be completed, and therefor the entire daily series cannot be completed. Provoking the Breen, and defeating all the reinforcements also doesn't seem to work (this method is mentioned on the wiki). Needs to be fixed.
This discussion has been closed.