test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Deferi Dailies *Resolved!*

Comments

• karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Same issue, reported it via in game last week.
  • theseraphymtheseraphym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Just wanted to bump this. This mission is unable to be completed, and therefor the entire daily series cannot be completed. Provoking the Breen, and defeating all the reinforcements also doesn't seem to work (this method is mentioned on the wiki). Needs to be fixed.

You can still complete "Aiding the Deferi" which is the one that's worth 1440 Dilithium and you can do the other one that's worth 480 Dilithium, just not the Captives one.

Also its still failing the mission even if you "transport" in time, but I found that if you jump to sector space before the time runs out it resets the mission so you don't fail and can do it over. Though a second try was no more successful than the first.
  • tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    In light of someone else claiming it was still possible to complete Aid the Deferi, I'm bumping this, because often times it is NOT possible to complete it due to the store menu coming up on OP3 rather than mission pop-ups. Have to ignore it on defend the outpost, and if you get 'supplies overdue', you're basically screwed, cause hailing the station produces the store and outpost security menu. Not the mission prompt to find the freighters. And you can't scan them before the mission prompt.
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    methos71 wrote: »

The Grand Nagus isn't gonna like this at all...unless he's in on it with the Breen.;)

On a serious note, I take it the last patch hasn't remedied this problem? 'Cause I'm not gonna bother even attempting my Deferi dailies until I read confirmation that they're back in working order.

If the Grand Nagus wasn't Rom I wouldn't put it past him. But I doubt that Rom's Bajoran wife would let him hear the end of it if he was allowing slavery to make a profit. Hell if you listen to Quark Ferengi society has always condemned slavery and never participated in it.

And I concur, I will sadly be abandoning the Deferi Run until this is resolved.

Tellingly, you can get a fair amount of dilithium in the Sphere. No reason to break our standard dailies. Or the sector map. Or the mail.

Question. Is it normally possible to transfer officers on your roster to another character through the mail? I've heard of it before for the purpose of training, but the officer won't actually go into the mail. I'm a mail console.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • tiriusavarotiriusavaro Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Tested this because a fleetmate reported it: transported and sensor effect appeared but then nothing happened.

Has anyone tried paying the latinum to see if that still works?
    Vice Admiral Tirius Avara'o | U.S.S. Mistral (Fleet Star Cruiser)
    Vice Admiral Mathrias | U.S.S. Utrecht (Blockade Runner Retrofit)
    Vide Admiral Kyurin | U.S.S. Cairhien (Fleet Dreadnought Cruiser)
    Vice Admiral Kiarl Leftrin | U.S.S. Aegir (Fleet Recon Science Vessel)
    --= Starfleet Strategic Command =--
  • skiptomalooskiptomaloo Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yeah pay them off with latinum, then provoke them. kill them then the reinforcements, and mission done. Confirmed post S8 (for me atleast)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • seb00seb00 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I would like to bump this post in hope of Dev response and add that the missing transport mission while assisting Deferi Outpost 3 is bugged as well. As soon as you start it brings up the checkpoint to contact outpost but contacting the outpost does not bring up the mission start interface instead it brings up the normal outpost interface with the store and does not give credit for contacting outpost thus making it impossible to complete not only this mission but the entire Aiding the Deferi Daily for that day.
  • briohazard73briohazard73 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If you pay them off you don't have to fight them. It completes even if you choose the "return later" option.
  • legetdumarlegetdumar Member Posts: 263
    edited November 2013
    If you pay them off you don't have to fight them. It completes even if you choose the "return later" option.

Confirmed. Just did one that way. However, using the deflector pulse is still broken. Also, Defera Outpost 3 is currently bugged, the supply store lady pops up instead of the Outpost admin, meaning that some of the missions are incompleteable because they cannot even be started. Nothing like getting screwed out of 1920 dil over some rather dodgy QA! :mad:

I hope this gets fixed shortly.
    Criticism, while never agreeable, is necessary. It is like pain in the body. It brings attention to an unhealthy state of things---Winston Churchill
  • legetdumarlegetdumar Member Posts: 263
    edited November 2013
    It seems that the Outpost 3 "Under Seige" mission is also completeable, albeit bugged. It seems the damaged freighter mission is the only one that cannot be completed.

Just a little FYI. Carry on. :)
    Criticism, while never agreeable, is necessary. It is like pain in the body. It brings attention to an unhealthy state of things---Winston Churchill
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Any one else having issues with the Deferi daily missions being bugged? so far ive had the following problems

1/ intermittent issues with outpost 3 it seems to drop me into the standard system map and I cant complete with mission, but when I go back the following day I can.

2/ The Breen patrol mission : If i choose the deflector pulse option despite having several seconds left on the timer, it just continues to count down until I'm force to fight the breen and ultimately fail the mission. I don't know about trading the prisoners for GPL as I refuse to throw that much GPL up the wall

3/ The Zaria system mission the Breen at the beam in point now seem to be getting stuck inside the prison cell tubes thus making it so a player cant target them.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• corellon359corellon359 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    it looks like there are 2 missions trying to go at the same time. The arrays phase out and back, repair get the outpost dude to tell you the balance is great or something. No credit for the repair. there is a lower level quest(??) thats pretty much the same, or close to.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Mission:_Outpost_3_Security

got a reply that they are sending the info to the dev team. but with season 8 and the horrible graphics bugs today(11/21) I'm not betting on them getting to it anytime in the near future.
  • idlehand13idlehand13 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Confirmed here too. The Deferi Dalies are broken. Cannot complete "Rescue Captives" and Outpost 3 doesn't go anywhere. Can't search transports and even the "outpost 3 security" doesn't work either. No matter how many times I scan the satellites, nothing gets repaired. I rely pretty heavily on that 1440 DIL. Major disappointment here. I feel justified in not playing in over a week. You owe me a buch of dilithium. :mad:
  • roxbadroxbad Member Posts: 695
    edited November 2013
    Being the paranoid schizophrenic that I am, I wonder if, these dailies in the "old" quadrant have been sabotaged in order to ensure continued player participation on the "new" quadrant.
  • mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have no idea how releasing a new series can break something completely unrelated like this, yet they still want four or five times the price for lifetime sub than a AAA title costs on release day. *facepalm*:mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I attempted to do these this afternoon. I managed to do the Zaria one, but with the graphic issues that is already known. The Kelvani belt did ok, once again the usual graphic issue listed. Aiding same as above.

However the outpost was bad. I couldn't get the person to come up to give me the mission to complete it. Instead I kept getting the store.

I hope they fix this issue along with the others. Cause this really hurts my Dil farming for items.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • viper1956viper1956 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Aiding the Deferi (Daily)? - 1440 Dilithium does not work.:(
  • zombieberryzombieberry Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Do we have an ETA on when these bugs are supposed to be fixed? I cannot complete Rescue Deferi Captives(Daily) and Assist Outpost 3 is hit or miss depending on which mission it is.
  • astroglideawayastroglideaway Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    2 weeks later still broken, what is the ratio of broken things to working things in this game i wonder.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    One of the dailies (salvage Dispute) has been missing since LOR release. That was 6 months ago, sadly. :(
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• corellon359corellon359 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    can we PLEASE GET THIS FIXED???
  • richardcranium63richardcranium63 Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Seriously?!?!
    Get It Fixed Already!
    RichardCranium63
    Fed/Vulcan: T'jar Voltek Fleet: Section 31
    Fed/Andorian: Lissan Ek'Noor sh'Aqabaa Fleet: Section 31
    KDF/Cardi: K'Im Qah da Sian Fleet: Klingon Intelligence
    KDF/Reman: R'Chras Jonzor Fleet: Klingon Intelligence
  • kartimozkartimoz Member Posts: 57
    edited November 2013
    Any news about that ???? Dear Devs - what is the prob?? It worked fine before - why are you not able to fix it?? I am really sorely disappointed.......

Can we get an answer at least???
  • kornbobjkornbobj Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ran into this today, need a little topup for my Dil for fleet / rep gear. Havent run these missions since before S8, so glad to find out that something else i need is broken :/

How is it that new content breaks the old unrelated content ?
  • sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    These bugs are chewing off the corners of what used to be a fairly solid Dilithium tour.

---
  • odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    capnkirk4 wrote: »
    WTF, Cryptic, did you guys break the daily space "free Deferi captives"? I try to transport the captives off the ship, and the timer times out. This is really starting to get aggravating.

This happened to me the other day.
  • intrepid31intrepid31 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Outpost 3:
    The mssion doesn't start after making contact with the outpost like before and the contact ops button stays in the middle of the screen as you try to run the mission. If you do not choose to help with their security issues then no mission shows up for you to do.
    If you do choose to help with their security issues the there are no indecated points on the map to find the security arrays you must use the scanner to find them (which is fine for me who has done the mission before) and then the mission doesn't update its status.

Rescue Deferi Captives:
    Only way to complete the mission now is to pay the 1,000 GPL and then you still have to destory the breen ship. You use to be able to take the deferi with out paying the breen and then destory the breen. Would be ok with paying the breen if there was a good bonus for completing the mission peacefully and not destorying the breen ship; after all they do show up as an allie when you approch them in sector space.
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Member Posts: 3,085 Arc User1
    edited December 2013
    intrepid31 wrote: »
    Outpost 3:
    The mssion doesn't start after making contact with the outpost like before and the contact ops button stays in the middle of the screen as you try to run the mission. If you do not choose to help with their security issues then no mission shows up for you to do.
    If you do choose to help with their security issues the there are no indecated points on the map to find the security arrays you must use the scanner to find them (which is fine for me who has done the mission before) and then the mission doesn't update its status.
    Confirmed.
    This is already broken and needs a fix.
  • shizashane#4465 shizashane Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    you notice how it gets bugged then there is zen sales here and there.... i.e. zen buys dill. maybe a coincidence..... just maybe :P
    *(How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life)*
  • simonpgrubersimonpgruber Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This is inexcusable. There are things that are still broken after the lor release that nobody has fixed. Now even more. I have thought about lifetime membership but then I think about how poor the devs are about fixing things. Makes me decide against spending any money here. Maybe if we all did and said this. Things might get fixed.
This discussion has been closed.