test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Batteries/ Other Consumables Vanishing From Bar *Resolved!*

dsarisdsaris Member Posts: 369 Arc User
edited November 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
After today's patch, when I click my bar to activate a battery (shields, engines, weapons, etc.) the stack of batteries disappears from my bar. They remain on my ship in the device slot but do not appear on any of my trays or anywhere in the menus to drag back to the bar.

Please fix ASAP.
Post edited by dsaris on

Comments

• Options
    dichtbringerdichtbringer Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Confirmed, yet another hilarious bug out of nowhere.

If you unequip the stack of batteries and equip them back, the power will reappear (until next use).

Edit: Good News! Using a Capacitor does not unequip your Warp Core :D
    STO Voice Control Tutorial Video: WATCH
    ELITE STF SPEED RECORDS (time on optional remaining):
    S07: KASE: 12:54 | CSE: 13:20 | ISE: 12:38 All held personally, my POV
    LOR: KASE: 13:19 | CSE: 13:47 | ISE: 13:34 None held personally, other player's POV
    S08: coming soon
  • Options
    orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Same problem, happens with any consumable device (non-consumables like subspace modulator not affected). They reappear upon map change.

Ground is also affected.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • Options
    jaguaro70jaguaro70 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Having the same problem.
  • Options
    tradiktradik Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Item stacking problem.

Related bug:

If you have a stack of items in your Inventory, and need to use them, you can only use the first one. In order to use others, you have to MOVE the stack to another inventory slot, then use another, move stack, use, and so on. Discovered while trying to activate boosters.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    dsaris wrote: »
    After today's patch, when I click my bar to activate a battery (shields, engines, weapons, etc.) the stack of batteries disappears from my bar. They remain on my ship in the device slot but do not appear on any of my trays or anywhere in the menus to drag back to the bar.

Please fix ASAP.

Confirmed. Fighting Voth in 'Breach Elite,' and, oopsie, all bateries removed from tray! Got em back when mission was over.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    me and my Exocomp do not like it. please fix!

thanks

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
  • Options
    rensha1rensha1 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    dsaris wrote: »
    Had same problem, they were showing until i use 1, then the stack would disapear.:(
  • Options
    abion1abion1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Please get this fixed ......makes fighting really hard....dont need frills...need the game to work properly.
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Confirm, one and done. You can retray them but thats a pita in combat.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    zysalianzysalian Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I've had the same happen to me on ground with Large Hypos. The only way to get those to show again at quickbar after using one of them has been to move the remaining stack of hypos from device slots to inventory and back to device slots again, and since one usually has to use hypos in combat, such back-and-forth hassle can be really annoying to say the least.
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Can confirm that. It's not just in space. On ground my stack of hypos disapears as well after I've used one.
  • Options
    kublakhan81kublakhan81 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Do we need another confirmation? +1 to batteries disappearing.
  • Options
    capemike4capemike4 Member Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    That's a -big- confirm here.... >_<;

Also effecting Turrets in Device slots...I always keep a stack equipped for ship combat....
    When in doubt...Gravity Well TO THE FACE!! :D
  • Options
    evilgenius180evilgenius180 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yep, batteries and hypos for me. I was doing space combat and had that happen with my shield battery, but a map transfer brought it back. Then I was on the ground doing the Voth stuff in the Dyson Sphere and, every time I used a hypo, it disappeared from the tray and from my list of things I could put on the tray. Since I (obviously) wasn't transferring maps to get them back, I had to keep unequipping and reequipping them to get them back on there. That's really fun to do in the middle of a warzone, by the way. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Confirmed, yet another hilarious bug out of nowhere.

If you unequip the stack of batteries and equip them back, the power will reappear (until next use).

Edit: Good News! Using a Capacitor does not unequip your Warp Core :D

This also happens with Large Hypos. You must re-equip the stack after each use as they disappear from my tray.
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • Options
    cryox1cryox1 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Confirmed.
    Batteries disappear from skill tray.Changing their position doesnt help.
    Furthermore i think the skill tray auto unlock.

Why am i not surprised by the intoduction of this bug after recent patch ?:rolleyes:
  • Options
    papertoastypapertoasty Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    add my name to the list for stuff disappearing of the hotbar

at least it just wasnt me . . .
  • Options
    dhalldevdhalldev Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thanks guys, we've confirmed this bug and it is now officially in our bug database.
  • Options
    elemberq333elemberq333 Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Not only that but every time I train a skill that skill is removed from my bar, very annoying to say the least because then you think...ahh finally got that skill trained up fully and then you get into battle and you don't even have the skill slotted..:eek:

Very glad to see I am not the only one with batteries disappearing I thought my landlord was going to be knocking on my door pretty soon because of my cursing at them damn batteries! I would leave the system replace them and think .... ahh finally got them back, use them once and gone again! Then I would think wait a minute I thought I just put them back!?!?!?

lol
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This also happens with Large Hypos. You must re-equip the stack after each use as they disappear from my tray.
    ^This^ and it's a bit frustrating :(

good to know it's a known bug now
  • Options
    ravagerborgravagerborg Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    dhalldev wrote: »
    Thanks guys, we've confirmed this bug and it is now officially in our bug database.

Well move it out of your database into production and then make a nice EMERGENCY MAINTENANCE for it!!!!!!

I was quite understanding of all the bugs from launch since they didn't affect the gameplay as much as this one. But i just can't understand how can you break something that's working fine while fixing other stuff.

In any case I hope I get to see a nice patch for tomorrow yet again, and don't even think you guys are going to leave us with this to deal with over the weekend.
  • Options
    p52smithp52smith Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I ran a quick test earlier and found that if I had a stack of large hypos in my inventory and a stack in a device slot, then the icon would not disappear from the tray when I used a hypo.
    I took the stack out of my inventory (onto a BOff) and tried again and the icon disappeared from the tray.
    I returned the stack to my inventory (and the icon back to the tray) and tried again and the icon stayed put again.

Hopefully this will help as a ground workaround in the short-term until a full fix can be implemented.
    (Remember that you only need 1 hypo in your device slot to be able to use all the same sized hypos in your inventory and they will be used up first)
    My YouTube channel, predominantly featuring STO at the moment: http://www.youtube.com/user/P52Smith
  • Options
    pjlietz1pjlietz1 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Cool I'm gonna try leaving some in my inventory for ground and see if it works. I thought I was going crazy lol.
  • Options
    abion1abion1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Dont know if this will help but noticed the battery Icon in the SKILL screen disappears also.
  • Options
    kadamskadams Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    > broke batteries
    > fixed the undeletable exchange mail messages

AINT EVEN MAD.
    dhalldev wrote: »

Cheers!

Good to hear, bit of an annoyance, especially since my latest character has been abusing batteries like... something abuses batteries? Not sure where I was going with that. Still, cheers!
    Well move it out of your database into production and then make a nice EMERGENCY MAINTENANCE for it!!!!!!

Settle down, kiddo. This isn't a huge, gamebreaking bug and it isn't causing your ships to spontaneously be covered in plasma fire from their own weapons. (which is a bug a friend of mine has run into, something about the plasma infused science consoles applying the effect to their ship.)
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Member Posts: 3,085 Arc User1
    edited November 2013
    Confirmed.
    Happens with every consumables in both space and ground modes.
  • Options
    cjtombraider#7376 cjtombraider Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Confirmed. Can't play like this. FIX NOW!
  • Options
    ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    kadams wrote: »
    Settle down, kiddo. This isn't a huge, gamebreaking bug and it isn't causing your ships to spontaneously be covered in plasma fire from their own weapons. (which is a bug a friend of mine has run into, something about the plasma infused science consoles applying the effect to their ship.)

they fixed that already. and they need to fix this battery issue as well. in space it is not that gamebreaking, I will admit that (even if I am heavily relying on them), but on ground, the hypos for anybody but a sci (or maybe an eng) - so atleast 85% of the playerbase - is in their build, and need it. considering we just got a huge ground map, I would say, this is gamebreaking, since you have no way of healing yourself, if you are not good at blindly multitasking

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    since yesterdays patch every time i use a ship battery or hypo there disappear from my ui i prees P and there not there i press u and drag to tool bar and there wont go
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
This discussion has been closed.