Options

Purity: Foundry Feature Episode Series - FEEDBACK THREAD

12346»

Comments

• Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Indeed, very much so!

Oh and by the way; as I might have mentioned in the SBUGC chat, I don't mind doing detailed playthroughs for the next series (before you officially publish it) if you guys want to.
  • Options
    romlonewolf23romlonewolf23 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I tried playing Part V, but had to drop it after two attempts. Once I finish taking control of the Barrington engine room, I'm told to go see Captain Shrall, but I can't find him anywhere inside the green circle area.

Is he not spawning, or do I just not know where to find him?
  • Options
    zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It seems like occasionally he gets killed during the ground battle. Try to avoid using grenades, see if that helps.
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • Options
    nagoraknagorak Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    zorbane wrote: »
    It seems like occasionally he gets killed during the ground battle. Try to avoid using grenades, see if that helps.

If you're getting reports that NPCs are still getting killed by splash damage, or it's happening again, then please report it as a bug. This is one of those problems that just seems to keep coming back, and breaking missions. :(
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Just wanted to take the time to round out my commentary since my last post.

The final episode did, indeed, help to tie up some of the loose ends that were bothering me.

Maybe it could have spent more time and detail on certain aspects of the storyline, but that would have been at the cost of the flow of action and increasing the play time of the mission. I have to say these are quite long to play as it is.

Overall, it was a huge accomplishment. I would love to see discussion about the process of creating the series and the challenges of a team approach to Foundry design. I would like it even more if it resulted in Foundry improvements to make the process easier and add QoL enhancements for authors.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited November 2013
    Check out the latest episode of The Foundry Roundtable that I posted last night. We brought the project coordinator RogueEnterprise in for just such a discussion, and of course several of the Roundtable hosts (such as yours truly) are involved. Several of us are also guesting on Foundry Files. Scheduled to record that Friday, not sure when it'll be posted. I think the PrimetimeUGC guys are also planning a special episode for it.

We could definitely use some more tools for effective cooperation.

No. 1 - Obviously we need the Costume Import/Export back. We had the bad luck to begin the project right after that was taken out. As it is probably all of the recurring characters look slightly different episode to episode cause we were trying to recreate them from screenshots of the sliders.

No. 2 - Some sort of map import/export that works along the same lines as the costume one. It's rather tedious trying to build from a spreadsheet.

No. 3 - Maybe a way to publish privately, so that only those you invite specifically can see the mission. This would help with test publishing, when you don't want anyone else to see the work. This is a long shot cause it seems like it could help exploiters.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    Check out the latest episode of The Foundry Roundtable that I posted last night. We brought the project coordinator RogueEnterprise in for just such a discussion, and of course several of the Roundtable hosts (such as yours truly) are involved. Several of us are also guesting on Foundry Files. Scheduled to record that Friday, not sure when it'll be posted. I think the PrimetimeUGC guys are also planning a special episode for it.

RogueEnterprise also drops a tidbit that goes a long way toward explaining "Purity II". (I won't spoil it here, except to say it confirms what some here had suspected all along.)
  • Options
    raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    drogyn1701 wrote: »

We could definitely use some more tools for effective cooperation.

No. 1 - Obviously we need the Costume Import/Export back. We had the bad luck to begin the project right after that was taken out. As it is probably all of the recurring characters look slightly different episode to episode cause we were trying to recreate them from screenshots of the sliders.

No. 2 - Some sort of map import/export that works along the same lines as the costume one. It's rather tedious trying to build from a spreadsheet.

No. 3 - Maybe a way to publish privately, so that only those you invite specifically can see the mission. This would help with test publishing, when you don't want anyone else to see the work. This is a long shot cause it seems like it could help exploiters.

Foundry Missions published in 'Test mode' give no rewards, loot, skill points or anything else. Problem solved :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    donperkdonperk Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Foundry Missions published in 'Test mode' give no rewards, loot, skill points or anything else. Problem solved :D

I think the concerns with the current system are:

1. People can still rate a mission that is in development;

2. Anyone who plays a test mission to completion adds to the timing statistics that will keep it in "Red Text Hell"; If that test is only five minutes long, it kills the "average mission time" stat. (Missions will not qualify for Foundry rewards if the average play time is under twenty minutes.)

3. SPOILERS! You don't want people talking about your mission outside of your test group while the mission is in flux.

Now, if you are proposing that Cryptic add the ability to publish in a "Test Mode", where ratings are disabled and mission time statistics aren't counted, yes, that would greatly help. But we don't have anything like that today. Or at least we didn't before Season 8.
  • Options
    lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yes I really want costume import back! (If you have played with any old missions you know they have added new parts and costumes :))

Map import would be very useful.

If you want private testing just don't list where the mission starts in the description.
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
  • Options
    jmanpappyjmanpappy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    [I'm stuck in star crossed...any help please??

Jmanpappy@gmail.com
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Purity VI has bugged reach marker right now. The reach marker is where it should be, but the circle on the minimap is not. This was a bug introduced last week with Season 8, I have reported it, beyond that there's not much I can do right now.

In the meantime, here's a screenshot that will show you where you need to be to trigger it.

http://starbaseugc.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/purityvi.jpg
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    danin73danin73 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Not sure if this would be the right place to ask this. And, maybe it was even covered earlier in the thread, but it's 11 pages and I don't want to spoil anything by reading through it looking for info.

I noticed this series in the foundry and was looking to check it out. But, I can't find Purity I. I've done a custom search in the foundry and don't see it. I see Purity II - VI and Of the Day. Any idea how I find Purity I? Thanks!
  • Options
    zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    danin73 wrote: »
    Not sure if this would be the right place to ask this. And, maybe it was even covered earlier in the thread, but it's 11 pages and I don't want to spoil anything by reading through it looking for info.

I noticed this series in the foundry and was looking to check it out. But, I can't find Purity I. I've done a custom search in the foundry and don't see it. I see Purity II - VI and Of the Day. Any idea how I find Purity I? Thanks!

It's currently not republishsed yet :( No idea why, could be just its later in the line or a technical issue with it.

Reach markers aren't working properly right now in any case so you'll run into issues anyways
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • Options
    jauhn82jauhn82 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hello,

I am @Rellimtime82, author of "Purity V: Of Leadership", I am posting on this thread asking the STO Community to after this post on this thread to help me fix the type-o's and grammar errors in the episode.
    • Map
    • Speaker
    • Error and Corrections
    If you can provide me with these information ASAP; I will see what can be done to fix these problems. Also If you know any map issues please also post them here.

Thank you for playing and helping me with "Purity V: Of Leadership"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Rellimtime82 - Foundry Author
  • Options
    otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Loved every episode except Part 2. Every time I tried to play it My team would beam into a wall when we exited the underground. I'm glad this didn't stop me from playing the other parts. A real nightmare.
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Thanks for letting us know. Sometimes things get shifted around in big updates, and there have been several in the year since we made that series. I'll make sure the author knows and can test it to see what's wrong, and if its something he can fix, then he can start the process.
  • Options
    bazagbazag Member Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    otisnoble wrote: »
    Loved every episode except Part 2. Every time I tried to play it My team would beam into a wall when we exited the underground. I'm glad this didn't stop me from playing the other parts. A real nightmare.

Thanks for playing, I'll try and figure out what's going on.

EDIT: I just ran it and everything seemed to go smoothly.

Can you provide any more information about what happened, where you were and what you were doing at the time when your team was stuck inside the wall?
  • Options
    otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    bazag wrote: »
    Thanks for playing, I'll try and figure out what's going on.

EDIT: I just ran it and everything seemed to go smoothly.

Can you provide any more information about what happened, where you were and what you were doing at the time when your team was stuck inside the wall?

I was at my computer in the retirement home playing through all the Purity Episodes back to back in one sitting. Every time I played Chapter 2 (Three Times) my away team would get to the end of the underground and transport to the cit\y and end up in a wall or more to the point inside a building without an egress. I play on an Alienware X18 with wifi to a Zoom modem which is hooked into Cox Cable internet.
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • Options
    bazagbazag Member Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I don't know what else I can do.

All I can suggest is drop the mission and pick it up again. You may have been given a dodgy version of the mission.

By dropping it and picking it up again it will force the game to load up a new copy and hopefully that should resolve your issues.

Once again, thanks for playing.