test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Weapon, Console, Etc. procs hitting yourself too *Resolved*

som3one1som3one1 Member Posts: 94 Arc User
edited November 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I got myself the new Voth ships today and for some reason console procs appear to hit myself when i fly the bastion, possibly related to the reflective shield console.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Update:
Seemingly this isn't restricted to the Voth ships and is happening everywhere. It also seems to happen with all procs, however I did not notice the Voth antiprotons procing against myself.

Now to hope this is fixed quickly :P
If you are reading this you have stopped reading my post and are now reading my signature.
Post edited by som3one1 on

Comments

• Options
    kelshandokelshando Member Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Its not your reflective shield.. both the rep kinetic damage and the sci console were both hitting me and I was flying a Andorian.. no where near a voth ship in a esft.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Ok, so its a larger bug then, that sucks. I hope its fixed in the next patch as atm a whole pile of consoles are literary counterproductive to use, like the leech as it drains your own power.

Tho I'm not sure if this happens all the time or if there is a trigger, if you notice please post here :)
    If you are reading this you have stopped reading my post and are now reading my signature.
  • Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It's all space procs so far as I can tell. Unless Voth are packing polarized disruptors, plasmonic leech consoles and Captain specific traits...
  • Options
    allmyteeallmytee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Is anyone else having problems with plasmonic leech console after the patch?

I am not receiving nearly as much power from it now as i was prior to season 8.

Also, not sure if this is just from cycling two EPtX abilities or because of damage control engineers, but there seems to be an added cool down between multiple EPtX powers.

Anybody else experiencing this?
  • Options
    chaosempdragonchaosempdragon Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The embassy plasma infused consoles and Tactical trait crippling fire hits yourself too.
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Getting no such problems with EptX on both a 4 copies build and an Aux2Bat build. Remember that Damage Control Engineers are not certain to proc cooldown reductions, but are chance based.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    nucasternucaster Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have had the same issue with my plasma fire erupting on my ship and my plasmonic leech almost nullifying it's ability.. imagine it lowering my power levels to increase my power levels to lower them again.. I put in a ticket as well, I hope they get this resolved quickly....
  • Options
    mrgrocer56mrgrocer56 Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Leach is randomly leaching me as well
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I would have though the reflective shield console would act more like feedback pulse which is like a special kind of damage back to you (not firing on yourself), but it seems the devs took a shortcut and programmed it as simply firing on yourself, procs and all (ROFL if you can proc the new diplomat doff on yourself). This definitevely sounds like a TRIBBLE up.

Frankly, and without singling out just the drain/buff mechanics in this game, some of the code involved with buffs and debuffs needs to be reworked because it seems each buff and debuff its its own separate entity, and skills that combine to powers seem to now work exactly as you would think. There is a recent doff that can only either proc all 3 or 2 or none at all (When you equip 3 or 2 of them) because of these limitations.
  • Options
    elitecadreelitecadre Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm having the same problem, I'm not getting nearly as high the amount of power as before so my power distribution can't get me 75+ on all 4 subsystems for the elite warp core increased damage...
  • Options
    timezargtimezarg Member Posts: 1,268
    edited November 2013
    Maybe they nerfed it after giving it away to the Federation. Would serve 'em right, if that's the case.
    tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
  • Options
    macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited November 2013
    Definitely noticed reduced power levels on my cruiser. Not sure if it is PL or flow caps not working correctly. Devs should look into it ... unless they mean to stealth nerf us.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Easy to test:
    If the drain per activation is less than

drain = (Flow capacitors*0.01) + 1 <- (Round to one decimal place although I think the mechanic uses two.)

then they nerfed it. Otherwise, it works the same.

Note, this is the normal mechanic. Who knows what the heck is going on with the Voth ships and their "hitting yourself" mechanic. If it's working as "firing with procs on yourself", PvP players are going to be up in arms.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Can't speak for the Leech, but I'm not noticing any difference with EPtX cooldowns
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    For the EPtX i run one weapons and one shield, The proc works like normal, however once the cool down on one of the powers is finished it'll jump back up, not a consistent amount either.

When the ability should be ready it jumps back anywhere from 1 sec to 5 sec cool down.
  • Options
    stonewbiestonewbie Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Easy to test:
    If the drain per activation is less than

drain = (Flow capacitors*0.01) + 1 <- (Round to one decimal place although I think the mechanic uses two.)

then they nerfed it. Otherwise, it works the same.

Note, this is the normal mechanic. Who knows what the heck is going on with the Voth ships and their "hitting yourself" mechanic. If it's working as "firing with procs on yourself", PvP players are going to be up in arms.

Anyone tested it on old mobs vs the new voth? I'm not able to check it myself atm. I was on earlier and i noticed some erratic behavior with my power levels when i was fighting some Voth. I wasnt paying attention though in the borg STF i was in.

I agree with your last statement though with all the 'hitting yourself' mechanics lol. They have debuffs on top of debuffs. I'm pretty sure i saw Xzibit piloting one of the Voth ships with his heading sticking out one of the windows telling me "yo dawg, i heard you like..."
    allmytee wrote: »
    For the EPtX i run one weapons and one shield, The proc works like normal, however once the cool down on one of the powers is finished it'll jump back up, not a consistent amount either.

When the ability should be ready it jumps back anywhere from 1 sec to 5 sec cool down.

Arent there some NPC abilities in the game that increase your CD on abilities? i think the Breen ships have them.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I've observed this phenomenon on the new voth ques as well as in borg stf's
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Just verified, they didn't nerf the console. Now to see what happens when I shoot a a Voth using its console.

Edit:
    ROFL. The Voth sure use a lot of sci skills, but in between all that mess, I saw one that caught my eye as soon as my power levels dropped:

Reverse Power Drain

Well done Cryptic, well done.
  • Options
    kublakhan81kublakhan81 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It feels like they did *something* to the console or our power levels overall. I'm definitely not at the same levels in combat as I was before.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    To myself the drain from the leech was pretty heavy so I had to pull it in order to be able to be more effective. Until this is fixed those consoles might as well be considered paper weights...
  • Options
    sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    edited November 2013
    the proc seems to have gone wonky. it's now debuffing instead of buffing. sometimes it works but most of the time it doesn't.

this is very very bad. :mad:
  • Options
    nanomorphnanomorph Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Experiencing this as well, with the plasma fire proc from the embassy sci consoles, as well as the omega graviton amplifier proc.
  • Options
    ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Also experiencing back firing plasma, gonna run some other tests, but this looks like a huge problem.
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • Options
    earlnyghthawkearlnyghthawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    timezarg wrote: »
    Maybe they nerfed it after giving it away to the Federation. Would serve 'em right, if that's the case.

Blame it on the lousy Klin engineering.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
    Temperance Brennan, "A building"
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    The plasmonic leech is working fine, and the Voth console that reflects fire also seems to work fine. A dev might have to jump in here, but they might have some extra mechanic where they temporarily reflect weapon related debuffs back at you. I only experienced the reverse power drain once yesterday while playing storming the spire.
  • Options
    incaroadsincaroads Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I went to my standard testing ground, Starbase 234, and it happened with the Leech.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Myself I didn't have all that much time to test it. But I noticed it in the sphere and when I did a vault run. I'll do a bit more testing today when i get home.
  • Options
    sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    edited November 2013
    lucho80 wrote: »
    The plasmonic leech is working fine, and the Voth console that reflects fire also seems to work fine. A dev might have to jump in here, but they might have some extra mechanic where they temporarily reflect weapon related debuffs back at you. I only experienced the reverse power drain once yesterday while playing storming the spire.

um no. it is not working fine for a lot of people.

tested in PvP and PvE; try it yourself. go to ANR and watch your Plasmonic Leech buff turn into an Orange icon and your power levels drop. Keep an eye on your power levels because it does seem to work for the first shot or two; then it starts debuffing you.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yep, something is definitely wrong.

I was running KASE last night and all of my procs were going off on me instead of what I was shooting at lol. I even blew myself up a few times from this. Got into low HP and popped my HE but too late! My procs went off and blew me up lol.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited November 2013
    Yes, it is broken.
    After some testing, it still drains the target, but instead of buffing you it switches over to draining you as well after the first stack.
This discussion has been closed.