Weapon, Console, Etc. procs hitting yourself too *Resolved*

Comments

• Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    redz4tw wrote: »
    They better fix this in the thursday patch >.> this is game breaking

And hilarious. :P

That said, just try to avoid using stuff that causes it to happen, like the leech. It's as simple as that.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So...um...dev post? yes yes?
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    galaxyrider0galaxyrider0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Confirmed here.

I was on th eMinefield yesterday, I use Romulan Weapons, both Procs buffed on me, instead of the enemys.

Also, every other passive buff related to consoles and weapons are now against the player. Like Plasmonic Leech, Valdore Console, etc...
    --
    "If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Jean-Luc Picard
  • Options
    sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    edited November 2013
    dalolorn wrote: »

That said, just try to avoid using stuff that causes it to happen, like the leech. It's as simple as that.

how do i avoid using traits like Crippling Fire?
  • Options
    sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well. People wanted harder content after all. Now you can debuff yourself, and show support at the same time! :D

---
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well. People wanted harder content after all. Now you can debuff yourself, and show support at the same time! :D

---

lmao hahahahahaha this like a wish that backfires lmao
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    bobiwanbobiwan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    syndonai wrote: »
    Huh, I thought they'd given the voth plasmonic leech. I'm actually... slightly disappointed it was a bug.

This actually - Voth Elite PVE Matches actually proved challenging. :P
    This... is going to end up being a pain for everyone though. ALL weapons have a proc of some type. The only reason I'm able to stay alive in any queu ATM can be attributed to the bastardized tactical officer cruiser setup I am using(Tal Shiar Adapted). That said, an omega torpedo spread 3 kills a third of my hull outright atm. Muy touchy staying alive.
  • Options
    starsvoidstarsvoid Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    dalolorn wrote: »

Every weapon has a proc.

So... Don't shoot anything?
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Confirmed here as well. Not only is my plasmonic leech draining me, but I had a very interesting encounter with a tactical cube that stole my go down fighting proc and vaped me with it.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    zix74itaelitezix74itaelite Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013

---

just LOL...

spock: "captain their shilelds and weapons are disabled..."
    Kirk: "quick activate self destruct...."
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Confirmed here as well. Not only is my plasmonic leech draining me, but I had a very interesting encounter with a tactical cube that stole my go down fighting proc and vaped me with it.

I keep rereading that tale because it makes me snicker.

Sorry. :(

:D
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    It's a true statement though...because we are buffing them and debuffing us. content is quite a bit harder then it actually is. It still super easy...but...

When the tables have turned back to where they should be...face roll will be an overstatement to the difficulty.

Can we get an update from a dev?

• Options
    edited November 2013
    sonnikku wrote: »
    noooooo

My precious overpowered leech! How will I keep up my 13% damage buff from my warp cores AMP mod now? :(

I know youre being a snide smartass about the fact you hate that console, but every buff or debuff you use is affected as well.

Go test it.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
  • Options
    vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    As far as DEM is concerned it's at least not a suicide button. Been using it on my glass cannon (defiant) with BOIII without any problems in terms of survivability (PvE that is).
  • Options
    schneemann83schneemann83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013

---

Just... it's still way to easy. Maybe if my hazard emitters start to heal the voth instead too...
  • Options
    edited November 2013

Wait a tick....do our buff transfer to our enemy? ap:a? Omega? Rapid fire? Bfaw?

Or is it just the proc that these can do...like the resist buff from gdf or inspirational leader?

• Options
    zix74itaelitezix74itaelite Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    if this spread to PvP its going to be fun... just join the fight with your worst ship and worst consoles
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    if This Spread To Pvp Its Going To Be Fun... Just Join The Fight With Your Worst Ship And Worst Consoles

This I Can Win! Do It Cryptic
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    dahminus wrote: »
    Wait a tick....do our buff transfer to our enemy? ap:a? Omega? Rapid fire? Bfaw?

Or is it just the proc that these can do...like the resist buff from gdf or inspirational leader?

Anything that is activated "passively" as far as I can tell. Not powers you press, but powers you have running in the background

The GDF worked because thats running in the background as a passive the moment you turn it on, the proc stacks it gets and so on.

People have also mentioned crippling fire and disruptor burn.
    Gold.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    starsvoid wrote: »
    Every weapon has a proc.

So... Don't shoot anything?

Antiproton and elachi would be safe

• Options
    bobiwanbobiwan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So.... Just to flat ask opinions.... what energy proc is going to end up being the least harmful to us?
    Cheap weapons not doing me great harm in the interim would be fine I suppose.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    bobiwan wrote: »
    So.... Just to flat ask opinions.... what energy proc is going to end up being the least harmful to us?
    Cheap weapons not doing me great harm in the interim would be fine I suppose.

Antiproton is the safest. It has no "proc" per se. Its a built in crtD modifier.
    Gold.jpg
  • Options
    tlamstriketlamstrike Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Antiproton is the safest. It has no "proc" per se. Its a built in crtD modifier.

And anti-proton weapons are now primarly found in Lockboxes and in featured episode content... very cleaver Cryptic... :D
    My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug. :D
  • Options
    shar487ashar487a Member Posts: 1,292 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Damn, I just dropped 10m on Voth AP weapons with damage-reduction procs too. Back to my advanced fleet AP weapons!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    tlamstrike wrote: »
    And anti-proton weapons are now primarly found in Lockboxes and in featured episode content... very cleaver Cryptic... :D

fleet gear
    Gold.jpg
  • Options
    battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I can't even submit this as a bug report because:

[System] [TicketError] Profanity detected in description; this is not allowed.

*Rolls Eyes*
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Engage the Marshmellow cannons!
    Ready the Smore batteries!
    Prepare the Bekks to hurl harsh language! We're gonna play even if it kills us!
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Confirmed for being more than just consoles, it is also weapon and passive ability procs.
    Gold.jpg
  • Options
    galaxyrider0galaxyrider0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Anything that is activated "passively" as far as I can tell. Not powers you press, but powers you have running in the background

The GDF worked because thats running in the background as a passive the moment you turn it on, the proc stacks it gets and so on.

People have also mentioned crippling fire and disruptor burn.

Yep... My Romulan DHCs turned the debuffs and plasma burns on me, many times.

Also, I'm not sure, but even the Reputation passives with active procs are buffing the enemy.
    --
    "If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Jean-Luc Picard
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    We might shutdown the server if all press on Exit in-game :D:P.
This discussion has been closed.