test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - November 7, 2013

Comments

• ikuruyoikuruyo Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Agreed. I'm a free player and although I have no interest in those EV suits (currently), I have been thinking I would like to buy them eventually. This also means any romulan equivalent EV suit they come out with will never be obtainable by free players. (I think the fed EV suit in the c-store is based on what was seen in the Voyager TV show if I'm not mistaken)

I say put them in the lobi store. Kinda dumb to take something that everyone can get and turn it into a veteran/lifetime only reward. (But they can still give them to vets/LTS for free though)

P.S. Although I'm a free player I do buy $20 Zen cards at my local gamestop when I can to help support the game. In fact, I bought 1 card today for a total of $40 this month so far. I can't afford to buy Zen all the time, and a lifetime sub is out of the question. $15 a month for a regular membership doesn't give enough perks and of course, no guarantee I could keep up the subscription. This month is the first time I was able to buy Zen in about 3 or 4 months (excluding Zen I get in the game in exchange for dilithium).

Edit: The main reason why I never bought the EV suits in the c-store is the fact your prices for them are outrageous. Why the hell would I want to pay 700 Zen for an EV suit that I can only use on a single character when I can buy a uniform for 550 Zen and have it permanently unlocked for all current and future characters of the appropriate faction? Maybe the price is why nobody buys them. Ever think of that?

And lets not forget about the Yellow Trim and Steel trim EV suits in the dilithium store. 300,000 dilithium each (297,500 each with tier 3 fleet dil mine and all dil store discounts unlocked). Who the hell buys them? NOBODY! That's who.

Max dil mine reduction drops them from 300,000 to 255,000. Its a 15% reduction in cost of dilithum prices, not less then a 1% drop.

I did not think the EV suits were worth 700zen and I though they were an account wide unlock. The silly expensive EV suits are left over from when dilithum had almost no use and ending up with that much was not uncommon. Lots of uses for dilithum now though so its value has gone way up and those suits are not worth it anymore.
  • captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If anyone had an ounce of intelligence they would not purchase a c-store EV suit. The same suits you could get from the boxes off nukara were just as good if not better. The rep system EV suit is A LOT better than the combat suit from the c-store.

Yes the cstore suit is 700 and it is not ACCOUNT WIDE unlockable. cryptic knows anyone would have to be a fool to buy them and has to see no one is buying them. That is why they are giving them away for free are vet rewards.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Great news on the EV suits. If I had to guess, they probably weren't hot sellers and probably almost all of the ones sold were not being used by the people who bought them (or in other words, their primary use was to launder dil into EC via the exchanges).

I did buy one, but it was a misprice (700k instead of 7 mil) long ago. Sucks for any veterans who have spent millions (or a stipend) on one recently. Now I'll get to have a canon-coordinated away team, yay.

I doubt the existing ones that aren't yet bound will be made so when this goes live, changing existing items like that isn't something Cryptic commonly does. So if you want to get one now and save it for later sale, you're taking a risk, but not a huge one I think (unless a dev comments on this issue to the contrary).
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ikuruyo wrote: »
    Max dil mine reduction drops them from 300,000 to 255,000. Its a 15% reduction in cost of dilithum prices, not less then a 1% drop.

I did not think the EV suits were worth 700zen and I though they were an account wide unlock. The silly expensive EV suits are left over from when dilithum had almost no use and ending up with that much was not uncommon. Lots of uses for dilithum now though so its value has gone way up and those suits are not worth it anymore.

Suppose to be perhaps. But I'm seeing 297,500 dil for those 2 EV suits in the dilithium store, on a character in a fleet with maxed dil mine and all dil store discount projects completed. So something isn't right there. Still not worth it IMO.

And if you look at the info in the C-store for the EV suits, it says it is a character unlock. They are tradeable until you equip them also. And again, still not worth 700 Zen.
  • bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The new Romulan EV-Suit.
    Bridger.png
  • stostargatewarsstostargatewars Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Suppose to be perhaps. But I'm seeing 297,500 dil for those 2 EV suits in the dilithium store, on a character in a fleet with maxed dil mine and all dil store discount projects completed. So something isn't right there. Still not worth it IMO.

And if you look at the info in the C-store for the EV suits, it says it is a character unlock. They are tradeable until you equip them also. And again, still not worth 700 Zen.

Sounds like your fleet has not done the dil store discount project 2 and 3 in the upgrade section.
  • leethorogoodleethorogood Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Personally I think it's a shame the EV Suites won't be available from the C-Store any more. As a non 500 day veteran and non LTS I will no longer be able to buy/access these EV Suites for any additional toons I create. I have no problem with 500 day vets and those with LTS getting the EV Suite for free but I would have preferred the rest of us weren't penalised in the process!

At the very least they could have changed the EV Suites so they were bound on account rather than bound to character!
    edited November 2013

Found the problem in the math. The Yellow and Steel Trim suits have a base cost 350,000 Dilithum, not 300,000.

297500 is after the 15% discount, so its all being calculated properly. Possible I also misread your post to say that they were 300,000 base.
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited November 2013
    I certainly appreciate the EV suits. I always loved the look of them but they were not good value for money.

Anyway, the Foundry tagging system can be good, but there's no way to know until it gets to the live environment. Are players going to remember to tag missions when they finish? Will they tag honestly? Will people utilize the tag filters when searching for missions? We'll have to wait and see.

The "Become Reviewer" function still seems to not be working. The patch notes for last week said it was fixed, it would still make no change when I agreed to the EULA and it wouldn't show missions below five reviews. Yesterday's patch notes indicate that everyone should be a reviewer by default. This doesn't seem to be the case. When I log in I'm still not set as a reviewer and the button still doesn't do anything.

Also it looks like some missions may have been unpublished and the Create Content button was grayed out.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm definitely looking forward to seeing Foundry search tags in action. Is there any chance that we might get of new predefined searches such as Top Story or Top Combat? I'm a little concerned that too few players know how to use the custom search.
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I remember when those EV suits first came out, and there was such a (justified IMO) outrage over their cost, I thought that it was just Perfect World's influence coming more to the forefront.

By that point, they'd had the game for awhile and I think they wanted to see what they could do. I have a feeling it was more their hand on choosing that price and deciding to make it one character, not an account unlock.

It was also an earlier point in character-based stuff, and we started seeing a lot more of it after that.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • scaventoscavento Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ok, now they are insane, +31,9% damage and +crth or +crtd?

I think they want us to finish Infected Elite in less than 2 minutes right?

Romulans with more than 25% crth as standart value are comming :(
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    millybun wrote: »
    While I'm glad to see I'll be able to get faction-specific EV suits more easily for all my characters, I don't see why they need to be removed from the c-store? Why not leave them available for free-play players to buy, since they don't get vet rewards unless they subscribe?

This is kind of like when ya'll removed the emote packs from the c-store way back when...why not leave them available? Even if swarms of people aren't buying them up, at least someone will pay for them and enjoy them, no?
    Personally I think it's a shame the EV Suites won't be available from the C-Store any more. As a non 500 day veteran and non LTS I will no longer be able to buy/access these EV Suites for any additional toons I create. I have no problem with 500 day vets and those with LTS getting the EV Suite for free but I would have preferred the rest of us weren't penalised in the process!

At the very least they could have changed the EV Suites so they were bound on account rather than bound to character!

I also don't see the point of removing the EV suits from the C-Store. Maybe, they would have sold better if they were an account-wide unlock instead of a character unlock. In my opinion, it would have made more sense to make them both a veteran reward and an account-wide unlock.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    maarkean wrote: »
    Awesome news about the EV suits! I've always wanted one but didn't think they were worth 700 Zen.

I agree with you
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • captainednacaptainedna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    scavento wrote: »
    Ok, now they are insane, +31,9% damage and +crth or +crtd?

I think they want us to finish Infected Elite in less than 2 minutes right?

Romulans with more than 25% crth as standart value are comming :(

the record is 30 seconds .They also show respect for your time spent grinding for your old expensive tactical consoles.Everything bound to character (and they wonder why account bank slots don't sell) ,no more trading or reason to get something through game ....grind x days or buy the best gear in game from day one.

congrats on the p2w scheme.
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    the record is 30 seconds .They also show respect for your time spent grinding for your old expensive tactical consoles.Everything bound to character (and they wonder why account bank slots don't sell) ,no more trading or reason to get something through game ....grind x days or buy the best gear in game from day one.

congrats on the p2w scheme.

So we now got an option beside getting Scammed out of millions of EC on the echange for top end tactical consoles.

I for one applaud that.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
    edited November 2013
    tpalelena wrote: »
    So we now got an option beside getting Scammed out of millions of EC on the echange for top end tactical consoles.

I for one applaud that.

you applaude p2w and for ruining crafting and free trading.

Also free market is for you a scam...that explains how much you understand things around you and math.

now a 2 days noob will buy the best gear in game and will be equal to someone who spent years grinding ...that's money and time wasted.
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    There is a really big bug with the TOS Split Skirt when used with the Wells, All Good Things, Tos Loss a Nurse uniform:

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z432/cerritouru/skirtsrotas.png

Stomach size and stances did not fix this, and also happened in my joined Trill captain.

I guess there is no time to fix before this goes live, but plz fix it asap beacose is just ruined the skirt.

Also reported here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=13335891#post13335891

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
    edited November 2013
    you applaude p2w and for ruining crafting and free trading.

Also free market is for you a scam...that explains how much you understand things around you and math.

now a 2 days noob will buy the best gear in game and will be equal to someone who spent years grinding ...that's money and time wasted.

That post is so bad, I just have to get that bait and deconstruct it.

Free traiding is all about scamming.
    As to not offend any real life nations and companies, lets just point at the Ferengi.

Mark XII purples sold for so much more than mark XI blues.
    Why? Because the doff crafters had a monopoly on it.
    And in a monopoly, you scam your victims blind shamelessly and without repercussions.

Mark XI blues were obtainable from other sources, and thus did not sell for even a fraction of the mark XII purple prices.
    The prices are not based on quality, they are based on how much you can juice out of your buyer.
    For 3.8% increase in damage, the price skyrockets by more than 10000% .

I would say power to the fleet members, for fleets now provide the alternative to break that monopoly.

Fleet gear can not be bought, it requires a fleet and is bind on pickup.

And a player playing for 2 days could not level a character high enough in 2 days to use them anyway, so you are just pulling nonsense out of your bait-bag.

Now you can get the mark XII purple with less grind.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
    edited November 2013
    That post is so bad, I just have to get that bait and deconstruct it.

Free traiding is all about scamming.
    As to not offend any real life nations and companies, lets just point at the Ferengi.

Mark XII purples sold for so much more than mark XI blues.
    Why? Because the doff crafters had a monopoly on it.
    And in a monopoly, you scam your victims blind shamelessly and without repercussions.

Mark XI blues were obtainable from other sources, and thus did not sell for even a fraction of the mark XII purple prices.
    The prices are not based on quality, they are based on how much you can juice out of your buyer.
    For 3.8% increase in damage, the price skyrockets by more than 10000% .

I would say power to the fleet members, for fleets now provide the alternative to break that monopoly.

Fleet gear can not be bought, it requires a fleet and is bind on pickup.

And a player playing for 2 days could not level a character high enough in 2 days to use them anyway, so you are just pulling nonsense out of your bait-bag.

Now you can get the mark XII purple with less grind.

at least I know now you are trolling since its not possible for a normal person to BS like that.
  • crownvic2doorcrownvic2door Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    you applaud p2w and for ruining crafting and free trading.

I'm gonna have to agree with tpalelena's breakdown of that post.

Crafting is a dead horse. you complain because you must be one of the select few that have a monopoly over those XII purples congrats for being part of the problem...greed is bad mmkay.:mad:

And another thing...a player of just two days cannot grind their way into lvl 50 FLEET gear, no way no how at all whatsoever.:rolleyes:

Oh and I have been playing for about 2 years and have 6 characters so far, that I have leveled up or in the process of leveling.
    edited November 2013
    I'm gonna have to agree with tpalelena's breakdown of that post.

Crafting is a dead horse. you complain because you must be one of the select few that have a monopoly over those XII purples congrats for being part of the problem...greed is bad mmkay.:mad:

And another thing...a player of just two days cannot grind their way into lvl 50 FLEET gear, no way no how at all whatsoever.:rolleyes:

Oh and I have been playing for about 2 years and have 6 characters so far, that I have leveled up or in the process of leveling.

I tried few times and got green consoles.I have no idea what stops you to craft and how have others monopoly but as I said before "the average sto players is not fit to think" .Show me where is the rule that stops you to craft consoles or grind some ec to buy them.

you can level up to 50 in 2-3 mirror invasion events.THen you get your wallet and buy everything from fleet.You can do that in a day ...I said 2 because not many play more than 3-4 hours and you need more mirror invasions.This game is pure p2w.New players get vet advantage from day one by using their wallet.
    edited November 2013
    at least I know now you are trolling since its not possible for a normal person to BS like that.

And yet you start name calling.

I could start doing the crafter missions, but I am just too lazy to do that.

And no, you can not level up to 50 in 2-3 mirror invasions. You can not even que for it until you reach level 10.

Mirror invasion lasts ONE HOUR a day. During that one hour, you can get 3-5 levels if you are good.

An elite player can get a character up to 50 in 3-4 days if he or she invests a lot of time in it. But than, the player is no longer a "noob", as you so classily called it.

Also. You buy stuff off the exchange with your wallet, with the fleet you have to earn it with FLEET credits that require work and can not be bought with money.
  • robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    you can level up to 50 in 2-3 mirror invasion events.THen you get your wallet and buy everything from fleet.You can do that in a day ...I said 2 because not many play more than 3-4 hours and you need more mirror invasions.This game is pure p2w.New players get vet advantage from day one by using their wallet.

I'm ok with that. A new person who does that may get the best gear but does that also buy the knowledge on how to use it?

I have visions of a Chimera with advanced fleet rainbow skittle weapons, no tac teams, heavy threat and a scrambled skill tree.

THe only people who can lay down that much cash and go from level 0 to 50 in 2 day is a person who know how to do it. Is a new person really going to know the tricks of the mirror universe to do it? Most are still trying to figure out that you can buy weapons batteries from a vendor.
  • robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    with the fleet you have to earn it with FLEET credits that require work and can not be bought with money.

Well that is not entirely true. I know of a person who bought a little over a million dilithium off the dilithium exchange to put into fleet holdings to get the gear he needed and decked out his whole ship that way. That fleet was very happy that day for the influx of dill into projects.
    edited November 2013
    And yet you start name calling.

I could start doing the crafter missions, but I am just too lazy to do that.

And no, you can not level up to 50 in 2-3 mirror invasions. You can not even que for it until you reach level 10.

Mirror invasion lasts ONE HOUR a day. During that one hour, you can get 3-5 levels if you are good.

An elite player can get a character up to 50 in 3-4 days if he or she invests a lot of time in it. But than, the player is no longer a "noob", as you so classily called it.

Also. You buy stuff off the exchange with your wallet, with the fleet you have to earn it with FLEET credits that require work and can not be bought with money.

Pfft. Elite player... I capped my first captain 4 days after downloading the game. Never played before and it less then a week from lvl 1 to 50. Doing the episodes and mirror when it ran caps you pretty damn quick.

To the people complaining about the cost of the mk xii purples. Charged artifacts sell for about 1mec on the exchange. I was able to get my crit chance up to around 30% on making consoles. This gives you an average of around 3mec per critical granting a mk xii purple console. Now go look at the list of consoles and see how many there are. You get 1 random one from the list.

Cost of 3 mec and you must get a tac to get any of that value back. Sci consoles and armor used to sell for a marginal rate but the Embassy and Mine kill that market.

There are about 43 consoles that go to Mk XII. Only 7 or 8 of them sell for more then 3mec, the vast majoriy of them sell for way less then that. To make any serious ec back from the consoles you had to get phaser, disruptor, or antiproton. The others were 1/3 the price of those. Sure you can get lucky and score more of the weapon consoles, you can also reduce your prices by doing the mission to get the console and powering it yourself. But the value of the charged artifacts is what you could sell it to someone else for.

After crafting 20+ consoles I had 2 mk xii purple tacs.I think I got plasma and polaron. It was almost a month spent doing the projects and I about broke even or made a small profit. I stopped at that point as it just was not worth it.

Oh and the doffs from the academy can't be used for the mission. Resolve is a required trait and none of the ones there have it, so no you can just get the doffs you need for a some dilithum.

Just tired of people claiming that the crafters were ripping people off by a huge amount. Most of my MK XII consoles came from s doff packs during the various promotions. The prices were that high because the cost of the materials and time involved. You pay 2-3mec and have a 1/43 chance to get something worth 10x what you paid. Most of the tie you are losing EC.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Found the problem in the math. The Yellow and Steel Trim suits have a base cost 350,000 Dilithum, not 300,000.

297500 is after the 15% discount, so its all being calculated properly. Possible I also misread your post to say that they were 300,000 base.

Oh wait, you're right.

At first I only looked at it on a fed character and thought we may have missed a dil store discount project, since I keep having to remind someone with permissions to start other unlock projects. But today I looked at it on a KDF character and my KDF fleet has a fully maxed dil mine and nothing left to unlock and was still seeing the price on those dil store EV suits at 297,500.

I remember now that yes, the base cost IS 350k, not 300k. I feel like such a dork lol. :o
  • superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Redid the tutorial again. No crashes and didn't get stuck. The only oddity was Admiral Quinn was standing on his desk in the cut scene.
    edited November 2013
    Pfft. Elite player... I capped my first captain 4 days after downloading the game. Never played before and it less then a week from lvl 1 to 50. Doing the episodes and mirror when it ran caps you pretty damn quick.

To the people complaining about the cost of the mk xii purples. Charged artifacts sell for about 1mec on the exchange. I was able to get my crit chance up to around 30% on making consoles. This gives you an average of around 3mec per critical granting a mk xii purple console. Now go look at the list of consoles and see how many there are. You get 1 random one from the list.

Cost of 3 mec and you must get a tac to get any of that value back. Sci consoles and armor used to sell for a marginal rate but the Embassy and Mine kill that market.

There are about 43 consoles that go to Mk XII. Only 7 or 8 of them sell for more then 3mec, the vast majoriy of them sell for way less then that. To make any serious ec back from the consoles you had to get phaser, disruptor, or antiproton. The others were 1/3 the price of those. Sure you can get lucky and score more of the weapon consoles, you can also reduce your prices by doing the mission to get the console and powering it yourself. But the value of the charged artifacts is what you could sell it to someone else for.

After crafting 20+ consoles I had 2 mk xii purple tacs.I think I got plasma and polaron. It was almost a month spent doing the projects and I about broke even or made a small profit. I stopped at that point as it just was not worth it.

Oh and the doffs from the academy can't be used for the mission. Resolve is a required trait and none of the ones there have it, so no you can just get the doffs you need for a some dilithum.

Just tired of people claiming that the crafters were ripping people off by a huge amount. Most of my MK XII consoles came from s doff packs during the various promotions. The prices were that high because the cost of the materials and time involved. You pay 2-3mec and have a 1/43 chance to get something worth 10x what you paid. Most of the tie you are losing EC.

Um.... hate to bust your bubble, but those artifacts can be obtained by duty officer missions too for a very low cost. I dont know... 10k ec? Yes, the only factor that you got right is time. You have to get the artifact, and then empower it, than craft it.

But if you want to cut that time down by buying the mats instead of getting them, than that is the price you pay for saving time.

And you, like a lot of merchants, over-estimate the value of your product. If I had a cent for every advertisment that claimed that "You cant live without this new super product, its worth so much and we give it to you soo cheaply" I would be a millionaire.

Old trick in the book.
    edited November 2013
    Um.... hate to bust your bubble, but those artifacts can be obtained by duty officer missions too for a very low cost. I dont know... 10k ec? Yes, the only factor that you got right is time. You have to get the artifact, and then empower it, than craft it.

But if you want to cut that time down by buying the mats instead of getting them, than that is the price you pay for saving time.

And you, like a lot of merchants, over-estimate the value of your product. If I had a cent for every advertisment that claimed that "You cant live without this new super product, its worth so much and we give it to you soo cheaply" I would be a millionaire.

Old trick in the book.

The consoles were only priced that high because people paid it. As with all things if no one buys at a price the price goes down. And I mentioned that you could reduce the costs but that does not change the potential profit from just selling the artifacts to the crafters. Several people in my fleet made a lot of their EC buy doing Toys, powering the artifacts then selling the powered artifacts. That source of income will be gone when this goes live.

Absolute low end of the cost to attempt one console was about 2400EC plus the cost of a full set of the particles, although you could also reduce that to 0 EC if you went out and did all the gathering. Doing toys was a way to turn the 2400EC in gamma commadities into a 4-500k artifact. Now its worth almost nothing though. The price of the artifacts is likely to drop a lot. I don't honestly care though as I stopped bothering with any of that about a year ago.

The crafters are not ripping people off if people were gladly paying the prices they posted them at. After this change I put 2 disruptor and 1 antiproton +30% console (From the doff packs) up on the exchange for around 30mec, they were bought within 12 hours. You can't blame prices on the sellers if there are buyers happy to buy them at those prices.

You are not a victim of scamming by the crafters, you are the victim of a free market.