What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - November 7, 2013

13»

Comments

• tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ikuruyo wrote: »
    The consoles were only priced that high because people paid it. As with all things if no one buys at a price the price goes down. And I mentioned that you could reduce the costs but that does not change the potential profit from just selling the artifacts to the crafters. Several people in my fleet made a lot of their EC buy doing Toys, powering the artifacts then selling the powered artifacts. That source of income will be gone when this goes live.

Absolute low end of the cost to attempt one console was about 2400EC plus the cost of a full set of the particles, although you could also reduce that to 0 EC if you went out and did all the gathering. Doing toys was a way to turn the 2400EC in gamma commadities into a 4-500k artifact. Now its worth almost nothing though. The price of the artifacts is likely to drop a lot. I don't honestly care though as I stopped bothering with any of that about a year ago.

The crafters are not ripping people off if people were gladly paying the prices they posted them at. After this change I put 2 disruptor and 1 antiproton +30% console (From the doff packs) up on the exchange for around 30mec, they were bought within 12 hours. You can't blame prices on the sellers if there are buyers happy to buy them at those prices.

You are not a victim of scamming by the crafters, you are the victim of a free market.

Or idiotic buyers. But in that case, the fleet consoles would not matter, as the less intelligent would still buy the ones from the auction house.

While the more cunning (or plain poorer) ones would use the fleet ones.

I still dont see the problem with having the fleet ones.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • aneofthedustaneofthedust Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    tpalelena wrote: »

An elite player can get a character up to 50 in 3-4 days if he or she invests a lot of time in it. But than, the player is no longer a "noob", as you so classily called it.

my record is 18 hours soo no u are wrong
    OP Revell : Vote for Vesta!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maliusnightmaliusnight Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I honestly have to say I agree that bumping that console to 31 is indeed a dangerous sign of power creep. I have to admit there is no way I will fail to get them and use them. But this means an even greater gap in fleet vs non-fleet capability.

Being a fleetie I'm not super upset about this. But I do feel for those who are on the have not end of the scale.
  • lynomanlynoman Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So now you've basically forced people to join a fleet to compete in STO. That's awesome. Congrats cryptic for ignoring people who DON'T want to be in a fleet!
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,429 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    lynoman wrote: »
    So now you've basically forced people to join a fleet to compete in STO. That's awesome. Congrats cryptic for ignoring people who DON'T want to be in a fleet!
    To compete for what? I've leveled four toons to 50 so far, and while I did join a fleet at one point, it hasn't done a blessed thing to help in the process. So what are we competing for, that we can't do without special Fleet equipment?
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited November 2013
    tpalelena wrote: »
    Or idiotic buyers. But in that case, the fleet consoles would not matter, as the less intelligent would still buy the ones from the auction house.

While the more cunning (or plain poorer) ones would use the fleet ones.

I still dont see the problem with having the fleet ones.

Also if the MK XII purples had a markup that was reasonable compared to the blue ones people will buy them as a placeholder for the fleet versions just like people bought blue ones or purple MK XI instead.

Compare the prices of a blue and a purple MK XII and it is plain as day the price is nothing but greed compare the price to "junk" purple and it is clear as a mountain spring. 500k to 20 million is an unreal markup and the only ones buying are the same people thats making them or people that have made a ton of EC elsewhere. Nobody but the people making the console will care that the 20+ million consoles are nothing more than a placeholder for fleet. Nobody but the ones making will have any pity at all. And Cryptic obviously could care less about that market since they already killed parts of it before and will be doing it more in the future.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ikuruyo wrote: »
    Absolute low end of the cost to attempt one console was about 2400EC plus the cost of a full set of the particles, although you could also reduce that to 0 EC if you went out and did all the gathering. Doing toys was a way to turn the 2400EC in gamma commadities into a 4-500k artifact.
    Technically, it's not "free" even if you do that, as by going the artifact route, you forfeit the income you would have gained by simply selling the traces and artifact.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    lynoman wrote: »
    I wouldn't say you're FORCED to join a fleet. Even for the fleetless, these consoles can be had for a modest price if purchased from a fleet that has them. You will, of course, need to rustle up some FC, or even construct your own provisions (by building a small solo fleet), in which case you can probably acquire these goods for no charge at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    How bout we just give every mark 12+ tac console away for free... those of us who ground millions of ec to gear up wont mind at all...

Fleet tac consoles should have been the generic Variable Geometry Detonators, Warhead Yield Chamber, Directed Energy Distribution Manifold and Prefire Chamber tac consoles instead of energy/damage type specific consoles. But I guess the newbs want everything handed to them on a silver platter...

Maybe you should include Field generators in the Romulan science console selection now too.

[EDIT] The devs are tards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
    edited November 2013
    How bout we just give every mark 12+ tac console away for free... those of us who ground millions of ec to gear up wont mind at all...

Fleet tac consoles should have been the generic Variable Geometry Detonators, Warhead Yield Chamber, Directed Energy Distribution Manifold and Prefire Chamber tac consoles instead of energy/damage type specific consoles. But I guess the newbs want everything handed to them on a silver platter...

Maybe you should include Field generators in the Romulan science console selection now too.

Yeah, Field generator fleet consoles would be nice.

Can we have them please?
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • captainednacaptainedna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013

That's possible only in normal games with respect for their players/customers.Don't worry in s9 they will add another set of consoles and you will have to sell to vendor the ones you have now.

P.S. LOL at Geko and his "we wont add anything better than mk XII" ...
    edited November 2013
    That's possible only in normal games with respect for their players/customers.Don't worry in s9 they will add another set of consoles and you will have to sell to vendor the ones you have now.

P.S. LOL at Geko and his "we wont add anything better than mk XII" ...

I cant wait to get better gear than MK XII.
  • bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    They should just un bind everything and allow for fleet credits (and other marks) to buy from the exchange... EC will be useless if they keep on destroying the economy by adding all these easy to get elite consoles.

Bring back the ultra rare drops in STFs (bring the stfs up to par with the new elite fleet gear too... they're too easy).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • captainednacaptainedna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    They should just un bind everything and allow for fleet credits (and other marks) to buy from the exchange... EC will be useless if they keep on destroying the economy by adding all these easy to get elite consoles.

Bring back the ultra rare drops in STFs (bring the stfs up to par with the new elite fleet gear too... they're too easy).

Elite pve missions (stfs) have to be done in under 30 seconds.
    Economy? what economy? Star Trek is not about trading your shets ,exploration and using your brain ....its only about grinding and killing npcs in under 30 seconds.
    edited November 2013
    Elite pve missions (stfs) have to be done in under 30 seconds.
    Economy? what economy? Star Trek is not about trading your shets ,exploration and using your brain ....its only about grinding and killing npcs in under 30 seconds.

Star trek was against trading in the first place. Expect the Ferengi, of course.
  • ikuruyoikuruyo Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Technically, it's not "free" even if you do that, as by going the artifact route, you forfeit the income you would have gained by simply selling the traces and artifact.

Yea, I know. I had that covered in the original post but they tried to conter with "but they only cost that if you go buy them" when you lost the value of what the artifact would have been worth if you had just sold it.

Some of the people don't seem to understand that if you could sell something for price x then its value is x. Regardless of what it cost you to aquire it in the first place, and if you then use it in for something else then it cost you that value of x to do so.