test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - November 7, 2013

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.35.20131029a.10

General:
  • A faction-specific EV suit has been included in the veteran award for reaching the 500 day mark.
    • This can also be obtained by lifetime accounts.
    • The EV suit can be found at the same console interact in each capitol city where the 300 day firework reward is found.
    • The C-Store version of this EV suit will no longer be available to purchase on November 12.
    • This item can be claimed for all bridge officers, not just the captain.
  • Resolved an issue that was causing Worf to not follow the player in Sphere of Influence.
  • Voth Cruisers, Battleships, and Dreadnaughts now fly and turn at half their normal rates while their Immunity Matrix power is active.

Content:
  • The Dyson Joint Command Reputation
    • Reduced space set (Deflector, Engine, Shield and Warp Core) mark costs from 900 to 750.
    • Shield Refrequencer Science Consoles: Increased their science console mod from 50% of a standard science console to 66.7% of a standard science console.
    • Auto-Targeting Module Tactical Consoles: Increased their tactical console mod from 50% of a standard tactical console to 66.7% of a standard tactical console.
    • Energy Signature Dampener Engineering Consoles: Increased their engineering console mod from 50% of a standard engineering console to 66.6% of a standard engineering console.
  • Spire Fleet Holding
    • Improved the damage type (Disruptor, Phaser, Chroniton, etc.) bonus on Vulnerability Exploiter and Vulnerability Locator Mk XII fleet consoles from 25.5% to 31.9%.
    • Improved the weapon type (Torpedo, Beam, Cannon and Mines) bonus on Vulnerability Exploiter and Vulnerability Locator Mk XII fleet consoles from 22.3% to 27.9%.
    • All ground kits in the Spire fleet holding now have the appropriate item icons.
  • New Federation tutorial
    • The new tutorial can now be skipped if it has been completed at least once on an account.
    • Resolved numerous missing cases of VO.
    • Resolved an issue that sometimes caused progression to be blocked on Vega space and ground.
  • Space Adventure Zone
    • Found mission icon for the one the player is currently on remains gold while others will be silver.
    • Mission - "Medical Emergency"
    • There are now 3 locations you must go to.
    • Mission - "Repair Relays and Generators"
      • 2 repairs must now be completed.
    • Mission - "Repair Damaged Ships"
      • Waypoints for the ships have been added.
      • The ship will help fire against attackers but cannot move until repairs are finished.
    • Mission - "Fighter Assist"
      • Fight has been adjusted to make it more survivable.
    • Restored ambient audio to the zones.
    • Missions for the Adventure Zone now populate in the journal for KDF captains.

Foundry:
  • When a UGC mission is completed by someone who is not the author the review screen pops up. There will now be a tags drop down button that you can click on that will allow you to select any number of tags. Clicking on one should show a check box on it without closing the drop down.
  • When you search for foundry missions, there will now be a histogram beneath the mission ratings that shows how many times a mission has been tagged with the various tags.
  • Finally, if you go to search for a mission, upon choosing 'Custom' from the drop down you will see three new search parameters at the bottom. These drop downs will have a list just like the one from when you reviewed a mission. One drop down is the list of tags that must be included in the histogram of the mission for it to show up, one drop down is the list of tags where at least one of the tags must show up, and one drop down is the list of tags to exclude from your search completely.

Known Issues:
  • The art detailed maps for the Allied and Contested zone are no longer present.
  • Waypoints sometimes disappear in the Battlezone.
  • Missions in the Industrial portion of the Contested zone are still being finalized.
  • Tooltips are not always updating with the correct information when the mouse is placed over the item.
  • Players are set to Reviewer at all times in the Foundry.
Post edited by coldsnapped on

Comments

• tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thank you for making the Fleet Tactical consoles better!

This is a great thing for all my characters and the fleet I'm in!

I owe the dev team a round of drinks.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    [*]The C-Store version of this EV suit will no longer be available to purchase on November 12.
    [/LIST]

EV suits going out of c-store? wonder if its worth buying a few so sell later?
    Or will they become account bound?
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I anticipate a bit of rage from those of us who bought EV suits (fairly recently) with Zen.

I mean I fully approve of the move but the timing kind of stinks. ;)
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    themarie wrote: »
    I anticipate a bit of rage from those of us who bought EV suits (fairly recently) with Zen.

Well legitimately the timing was always gonna suck as people are always going to have spent money. It will be harder for those who didn't buy it and aren't gold so it's gonna be out of their reach for a while.

Thanks for reducing the mark input on the Dyson Set.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • captainmd10captainmd10 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.35.20131029a.10

General:
    • A faction-specific EV suit has been included in the veteran award for reaching the 500 day mark.
      • The EV suit can be found at the same console interact in each capitol city where the 300 day firework reward is found.
      • The C-Store version of this EV suit will no longer be available to purchase on November 12.

Let me get this straight, these are the Combat EV shuits that were in the Z-Store. And they're now becoming a vet/LTS reward. Sounds good to me, never had any of those yet.
  • richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    well still crashing with todays patch about 4.5 days away ;(
  • verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I don't think many people will see they are missing what with the abundance of KDF outfits in the appearance section :D
  • sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Will there be a Romulan EV suit available to claim?
  • druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Probably not, since Romulans aren't a separate Faction. You will get either the FED or KDF EV suit, and you'll like it. Cryptic said so! :P
  • sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2013
    druhin wrote: »
    Probably not, since Romulans aren't a separate Faction. You will get either the FED or KDF EV suit, and you'll like it. Cryptic said so! :P
    That's nice, but I want some official confirmation. :P
  • zebulongileszebulongiles Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The patch notes did say faction specific EV suits, so I would say yes, it would include a Romulan EV suit. :)

Edit: Considering other Vet rewards have a ship for each faction, Romulan, Klingon, and Federation, though we will find out for certain soon enough regarding EV suits. :)
  • maarkeanmaarkean Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Awesome news about the EV suits! I've always wanted one but didn't think they were worth 700 Zen.
  • brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Those EV suits must've been wildly successful.
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kandorouskandorous Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    this is very good
  • lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited November 2013

Given that security team npcs do have a romulan ev suit, there is hope.
  • superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The Romulans do get their own version, and it looks pretty cool.
  • thepopeofbeersthepopeofbeers Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hats off to whoever designed the Dyson space shield skin. It's absolutely beautiful. Same goes for the deflector art.

No impulse engine trail change, though? I mean, I'm totally happy with how the set looks so far, but considering how good everything looks, can you blame me for wanting more? :D

Answer: No. No, you can't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fcaptkmtonfcaptkmton Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So STILL no fix for the crash on startup problem. Times ticking gentlemen.
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    free ev suit? i'll take it! thanks a bunch :)
  • mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    themarie wrote: »

Yes and no... I bought the Nebula and they gave it away to everyone during that week of giveaways. I was a little miffed but not too much. It's one of many ships I don't use anymore. I think it's a good idea since you don't really see the suits that much in game. They probably would have sold better if they were account bound instead of character bound. I won't buy anything with zen that isn't for my whole account.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • red01999red01999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    EV suits going out of c-store? wonder if its worth buying a few so sell later?
    Or will they become account bound?

I second this question. I would like to know if they're going to become account-bound.
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Wow, that's great news.

I'm guessing the C-Store versions didn't sell as well as they'd hoped - per-character unlocks were a baaaaad idea. :P
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited November 2013
    I just checked on tribble,
    there is indeed a romulan specific ev suit.
  • tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Found one missing voiceover. Flores saying transwarp conduits are opening all over the system.

Also, disable tutorial popups stopped working on the surface of Vega.

Another thing on Vega: The voiceovers are awfully quiet during the end convo, with that rumbling from the Borg machinery around. With voices and FX on equal volume levels, I had trouble hearing T'Vrell unless I leaned in really close to the speakers.

(Fed Doorbell Sound FX) is not fixed.

And... that's all I really noticed. looking much better, certainly. ^_^
  • mrtsheadmrtshead Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The patch notes did say faction specific EV suits, so I would say yes, it would include a Romulan EV suit. :)

Edit: Considering other Vet rewards have a ship for each faction, Romulan, Klingon, and Federation, though we will find out for certain soon enough regarding EV suits. :)

One thing that is suggestive here is that if you have a Romulan Tac officer, and you use Security Team while wearing an EV suit, your team beams in with Romulan specific EV suits. I've wondered for a few months when they were going to release that suit for sale, but I suspect this is the answer:)

D'oh, I was way late to the party here. Good to have confirmation from Tribble, though. And yeah, it looks nice:)
  • millybunmillybun Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    *snip*

*snip*

While I'm glad to see I'll be able to get faction-specific EV suits more easily for all my characters, I don't see why they need to be removed from the c-store? Why not leave them available for free-play players to buy, since they don't get vet rewards unless they subscribe?

This is kind of like when ya'll removed the emote packs from the c-store way back when...why not leave them available? Even if swarms of people aren't buying them up, at least someone will pay for them and enjoy them, no?
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    millybun wrote: »
    While I'm glad to see I'll be able to get faction-specific EV suits more easily for all my characters, I don't see why they need to be removed from the c-store? Why not leave them available for free-play players to buy, since they don't get vet rewards unless they subscribe?

This is kind of like when ya'll removed the emote packs from the c-store way back when...why not leave them available? Even if swarms of people aren't buying them up, at least someone will pay for them and enjoy them, no?

Agreed. I'm a free player and although I have no interest in those EV suits (currently), I have been thinking I would like to buy them eventually. This also means any romulan equivalent EV suit they come out with will never be obtainable by free players. (I think the fed EV suit in the c-store is based on what was seen in the Voyager TV show if I'm not mistaken)

I say put them in the lobi store. Kinda dumb to take something that everyone can get and turn it into a veteran/lifetime only reward. (But they can still give them to vets/LTS for free though)

P.S. Although I'm a free player I do buy $20 Zen cards at my local gamestop when I can to help support the game. In fact, I bought 1 card today for a total of $40 this month so far. I can't afford to buy Zen all the time, and a lifetime sub is out of the question. $15 a month for a regular membership doesn't give enough perks and of course, no guarantee I could keep up the subscription. This month is the first time I was able to buy Zen in about 3 or 4 months (excluding Zen I get in the game in exchange for dilithium).

Edit: The main reason why I never bought the EV suits in the c-store is the fact your prices for them are outrageous. Why the hell would I want to pay 700 Zen for an EV suit that I can only use on a single character when I can buy a uniform for 550 Zen and have it permanently unlocked for all current and future characters of the appropriate faction? Maybe the price is why nobody buys them. Ever think of that?

And lets not forget about the Yellow Trim and Steel trim EV suits in the dilithium store. 300,000 dilithium each (297,500 each with tier 3 fleet dil mine and all dil store discounts unlocked). Who the hell buys them? NOBODY! That's who.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I was looking forward to getting sucky fleet tac consoles. Thanks alot! ;)

Glad to see you guys listened to player feedback and buffed them a bit. Fleet consoles should be better than the regular junk.

Also, one thing I noticed was that in terms of fleet credit and dilithium costs, embassy sci and fleet dil mine engineering consoles cost exactly the same amount. I hope the new fleet tactical consoles will cost the same. It's only fair. :)
  • smilegcb2#3786 smilegcb2 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hello,

And when you add the customable kits ?
  • eisenw0lfeisenw0lf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    brigadooom wrote: »
    Those EV suits must've been wildly successful.

Cryptic knows how to make people open their wallets and throw money at them when it comes to space stuff, but somehow they are completely incapable to transfer this success to ground equipment. I mean they even acknowledged that only few people buy costumes and these are not even nearly as successful as ships. There is the culprit but they simply don't get it. Imagine the c-store and lockboxes would only offer ship and bridge costumes instead of full starships with an exclusive layout/consoles. Almost nobody would buy those. Cryptic would go bankrupt within 2 months. People do not only want nice aesthetics, they want something that offers them different gameplay and new tactics.

Costumes don't offer those. The c-store EV-Suit was actually a step in the right direction since it is both a costume AND usable endgame equipment. However Cryptic made a ridiculously bad decision to choose an armor for which there are only a handful missions and furthermore to not offer a full set of items. Where is the gun? Where are the shields? Where are the set bonuses? People want those. If they don't get them, they rather use their FREE Omega/Nukara gear.

If Cryptic wants to make money with ground they must sell packs which contain both costumes AND a theme fitting set of endgame items. FED TOS uniforms for example should come with a purple MK XII TOS Phaser pistol/Phaser rifle and a light armor plus shields.