test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Captain Shon is Insolent!

jagdhippiesjagdhippies Member Posts: 676 Arc User
Captain Shon is Insolent!!! After all I am a Vice Admiral, and here he is addressing me as a mere Ensign, I would slap him in his antennae if the game allowed me to. Plant his lackey's explosives for him will I, pft, such disrespect??!?!
</SMART TRIBBLE>

I rather enjoyed the new mission BTW, not rerunning it 4 more times for the beam arrays though, might as well get the [Acc]x2 [Dmg]x2 fleet stuff.
My carrier is more powerful than your gal-dread
Post edited by jagdhippies on

Comments

• emacsheadroomemacsheadroom Member Posts: 994 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hey, Shon had a good idea and he knows what he's doing. If he had to say "pretty please with sugar on top" every time he needed you to help him, nothing would get done.
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    He's andorian, don't expect any pretty please's. Think back to how shran was with capt archer.
  • compositearmourcompositearmour Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    He captain's the enterprise.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Be glad he didn't challenge you to Ushaan.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I made a Blue ball comment, and he chased me with a knife....don't mess wit that man, he's on edge.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Are you going to have him liquidated?
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Captain Shon is Insolent!!! After all I am a Vice Admiral, and here he is addressing me as a mere Ensign

Yeah, if they're going to keep doing stuff like that they should rename the ranks to end at Captain. Or bring back Commodore.

Or play the Commodores when you level up.
    <3
  • kaevwrynnkaevwrynn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    johngazman wrote: »
    Be glad he didn't challenge you to Ushaan.

I'd like to see him try that. What's his piddly little knife gonna do to a big angry Gorn? I'll pull an Ozzy on him. :D
  • truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yes, he is a....plant.
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    truewarper wrote: »
    Yes, he is a....plant.
    Indeed.

Shon is a bit grating... I dunno if he really has what it takes to captain an Enterprise. Yes, he's an andorian, but by andorian XO it professional and respectful (granted, she just has generic tac boff dialogue, but still).
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Eh, some captains are great, some have to grow into the role. Harriman or Garrett for example.
  • comtedeloach2comtedeloach2 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Captain Shon is Insolent!!! After all I am a Vice Admiral, and here he is addressing me as a mere Ensign, I would slap him in his antennae if the game allowed me to. Plant his lackey's explosives for him will I, pft, such disrespect??!?!
    </SMART TRIBBLE>

I rather enjoyed the new mission BTW, not rerunning it 4 more times for the beam arrays though, might as well get the [Acc]x2 [Dmg]x2 fleet stuff.

Old bug, to this day when you lok at my name I sto t says I am a lt commander and I have been on w that toon since about they beginning
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I like Shon. He doesn't take TRIBBLE from anyone, especially Klingons and Romulans. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • enkemenenkemen Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Old bug, to this day when you lok at my name I sto t says I am a lt commander and I have been on w that toon since about they beginning

Have you tried changing your title?
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    </SMART TRIBBLE>
    Well, keep in mind, the mission is played at level 10. Many people playing it *ARE* lowly minions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • galaxyrider0galaxyrider0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    He is the Captain of the Flagship of the Federation, the holy Enterprise.

You say that because he is a new captain with his reputation to build up.

If instead of Shon, if were Picard or Data I doubt you would say the same.:D
    --
    "If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Jean-Luc Picard
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Basically all that's already been said :)

-The level for this FE is 10, so by standard procedure, we should be lowly lieutentants XD
    -He's an Andorian, a race that's not known for their sympathy or charity. So of course he'd 'seem' insolent, but he's actually as restrained as his species can be
    -He's the captain of the Enterprise-F, so he's gotta a reputation to live up to. This includes an image he's gotta be, including toughness. He's just gotta work on the subtler bits

Besides, one of the first things he did after we woke him up from the cold-blooded torture was show concern for the now-dead Romulan beside him. He'd have been insolent if he asked what took us so long ;)
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
    edited November 2013
    He is the Captain of the Flagship of the Federation, the holy Enterprise.

You say that because he is a new captain with his reputation to build up.

If instead of Shon, if were Picard or Data I doubt you would say the same.:D

When Picard says jump, you say how high.

When Picard calls you Broccoli, your damn name is now Broccoli:D
    GwaoHAD.png
  • puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hey, Shon had a good idea and he knows what he's doing. If he had to say "pretty please with sugar on top" every time he needed you to help him, nothing would get done.

im guessing you sir, have never had an experience with a military chain of command, nor never saw it on star trek lol...

sure, picard and the others all did it on occasion, but usually those were admirals that were more than likely about to be demoted (due to what the captain was giving them greif about).. or it was done in a respectfull (military like) way..

the last I checked, if I had talked to my superior in the navy like shon did, it would have not ended pleasantly.. and gene did say that a navy chain of command was something he wanted..
  • adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yeah but then this kind of thing is rife throughout the game, Do Vice Admirals Mine dlilithium by using handheld tools? Or collect water samples by hand( off topic but surely you could Beam a hundred samples in a second)?

In order to play this game you need to have a little bit of cognitive dissonance about your player characters rank and position is within starfleet, I mean if you want a Proper Vice Admirals Job then you should ask the devs to make the entire game into a DOFF minigame where all you do is put a stamp of approval on a set of mission authorisation forms
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • apedilbertapedilbert Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I like Shon. He helped me out with the Romulan patrol dailies.
    edited November 2013
    Shon is not that bad compared to the STUPID Ensign in the mission War Games...

The Fracking SOB has you defending his quarters while he runs in and grab his Captain proton holonovle...OMG I wish there was a bug in the game so i could murder him....God i hate that part SOOO much.:mad:
    GwaoHAD.png
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It is annoying that your rank isn't recognized during interactions.

It could even be set up to correspond to your SELECTED rank. I know there are some players that keep their Pips and title at lower ranks.
  • jagdhippiesjagdhippies Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Shon is not that bad compared to the STUPID Ensign in the mission War Games...

The Fracking SOB has you defending his quarters while he runs in and grab his Captain proton holonovle...OMG I wish there was a bug in the game so i could murder him....God i hate that part SOOO much.:mad:

That part made me lol as well. Punk little kid thought he was all special because he wore a shiny button. I had the urge to turn him into a candle but I couldn't target him :)
    edited November 2013
    I also like to point out Shon does not Order you to do it, he mentions the bombs and you say "I'll take care of it"
    GwaoHAD.png
  • jagdhippiesjagdhippies Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I think some people missed my sarcasm.

Shon is a BAMF no doubt. I just get amused by the lack of rank respect in the few spots where it exists
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Captain Shon is Insolent!!!

So have him liquidated, you little s***

>_> Movie reference
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    one of the things I find pretty humorous so far, (I just started the game) in the Klingon story missions, is that my First Officer, everything he says, it's obvious that they are meant to be instructions for the Player (in a OOC type game mechanic way), but they are always prefaced with "I SUGGEST..." or "My SUGGESTION is..." or "my RECOMMENDATION would be..." with extra emphasis on "SUGGEST".

which is of course, much better than the Romulan missions where sometimes I wonder if I am the Captain of the ship or Toven Khev is...
    JayMadIV.png
  • griffin81griffin81 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Never saw or heard him address me as Ensign and I ran it about 8 times so far. There is a cutscene where he says "Ensign look out" but he has an Ensign with him in that room when they get ambushed.
  • kublahkankublahkan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I share the feeling.

Come to think of it, I often had the impression that my BOffs we're not following rank protocols when addressing me.

But about that mission, I had two thought:
    1- Why the hell am I doing the bomb planting and not my Lt engineer that would have beg to come along
    2- Worf... with a tricorder. Yeah I know Tricorder operation must be 1st year SF Academy but... Worf... a tricorder? Seriously?
    Don't leave home without it Ambassador Worf! I'd rather see him with a Bat'leth.

Oh but I loved the hole story and mission!
    Cheers!
    "Starship captains are like children. They want everything right now and they want it their way. The secret is to give them what they need, not what they want."
    - Scotty, to La Forge