test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 8 Dev Blog #14

Comments

• kpg1usakpg1usa Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Us "rich" "no-lifers" are barely paying the bills while we work our aft sections off keeping the economy running on life support! Thanks for everything Cryptic! It all looks great! :)
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited October 2013
    johngazman wrote: »
    Several people have reported getting viruses from some of the offers.

You may have missed this post: http://www.perfectworld.com/news/?p=932201

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited October 2013
    Caitian Atrox Carrier
    *4 bridge officer stations
    *4 science consoles

Vo'quv Carrier
    *4 bridge officer stations
    *4 science consoles

Obilesk
    *5 bridge officer stations
    *4 engineering consoles

There are 2 other full carriers (im excluding fleet and mirror versions) that all have 5 boff stations, 4 engineering consoles, and 3 or less science consoles (with an exception in there).

The exception is the Kar'Fi Battle carrier which has 4 fore weapons and does not come with the subsystem targeting, and has 4 sci and 2 eng consoles and 5 boff stations.

So really the only thing "standard" about carriers is that they all have 2 hangar bays.

My reply was in regards to the weapon layout, which is what I quoted :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • insanerandomnesinsanerandomnes Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm probably one of the people who WILL be getting the advanced version. 47k hull, AND 5 engi console slots = a ton of tank, and as someone who loves tanking more than dealing damage, I am SO there.
    I AM THE HARBINGER OF HOPE!
    I AM THE SWORD OF THE RIGHTOUS!

dark_dreadnaught_by_insane_randomness-d5z6ydl.jpg
  • insanerandomnesinsanerandomnes Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    kpg1usa wrote: »
    Us "rich" "no-lifers" are barely paying the bills while we work our aft sections off keeping the economy running on life support! Thanks for everything Cryptic! It all looks great! :)

HOOAH TO THAT!

I gotta put in some more overtime now...
    I AM THE HARBINGER OF HOPE!
    I AM THE SWORD OF THE RIGHTOUS!

dark_dreadnaught_by_insane_randomness-d5z6ydl.jpg
  • starblade7starblade7 Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    johngazman wrote: »
    Nope. The game makes you choose between the Warp-core and the Omni-directional beam. So you have to re-run it for one of them.

I hope the mission is fun... I'll be running it a few times then :P

I'm a tad disappointed that the Advanced version is for sale in the Lobi store. I would probably have purhcased it through the C-Store or as a Fleet ship. That said, the potential to grind ~500 Lobi is a decent way to ameliorate the exorbitant cost. I intend to make the most of the situation by trying out the pets on my Jem'hadar Dreadnought, too.

On the subject of the Obelisk's stats; the Pet/Console synergy must really be something, since otherwise the Carrier looks a tad soft under its own power (only 2 Tac consoles, Lt Tac BOff seat, 3/3 weapons).
    Forget the possibility of PvP, for so much has become pay-to-win, never to be balanced. Forget the promise of exploration and research, for in the grim dark future of Star Trek Online there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting publishers.
  • doubleohninedoubleohnine Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Ship design looks hideous IMO. Id rather be seen in an Odyssey whale belly. Wish there was an option to get a decent consolation prize if you didn't want to claim the ship for displeasure or no room for another ship.
    STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
    Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Crusader
  • aelrhianaaelrhiana Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    sentinel64 wrote: »
    You get both items as rewards, along with ship, when you complete the mission on each toon. No need for reruns.

No, you do not. I got the ship upon completion along with either the beam or core; I had to choose one. And then I had to rerun to get the other.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • paspinallpaspinall Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    My reply was in regards to the weapon layout, which is what I quoted :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

which also isnt "standard" as there are 2 carriers out there for a start with 4 forward weapons
  • wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I would have preferred that the ship not look like an italian High heel shoe, minus the heel. I would have preferred that the advanced version not be available only through the lobi store and its extortionist prices ( really, you guys make Star Citizen look like a poor mans dream ) I would have preferred that in the middle of this conversation you NOT mention those low lifes at PWE and I would have preferred a ship that turned at least a bit faster than my long dead great grandfather ( who only moves if theres an earthquake )..
    However, the episode is quite good..
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • dharmasaladharmasala Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Soooo...has anyone else noticed how the shape of the Obelisk looks alot like a whale skull...? Like maybe a **cough** humpback whale skull? And the orb shaped deflector thing... Now where have Star Trek fans seen something like that before??
  • gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'd like to be able to upgrade the Omni weapon and Advanced Core to better Elite versions. Like we did with the Reman set via doffing.
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • goku5030goku5030 Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    dharmasala wrote: »
    Soooo...has anyone else noticed how the shape of the Obelisk looks alot like a whale skull...? Like maybe a **cough** humpback whale skull? And the orb shaped deflector thing... Now where have Star Trek fans seen something like that before??

Just now :D... its like floating head in space :D... prepare for dinos in space coming near you
  • lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    But I'm sure perfectworld/cryptic is in the habit of partnering with companies that put out viruses on customers, tied to cryptic's own website. /rolleyes

And I'm talking about the main actual surveys by Peanut labs, not the offers and deals below. Most companies like that have no interest in putting viruses on. Which also if you do minimal effort can find that Peanut labs is an actual reputable survey company doing business with major advertisers like Samsung, X-Box, Go Pro, etc.

Yeah. Right. You're going to trust the companies that almost never actually pay out in the first place. To say nothing of the fact that these are the same companies that produce surveys that state you don't qualify to take some of them if you are white. Don't tell me they don't exist because i've seen several of them like that

Theres a word for that, its called discrimination. You would think even cryptic would have more sense than to allow things like that to be done by their 'partners'
  • lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Funny I don't recall this ship saying it was for fed players only....hmmmm :rolleyes:

What I think the OP means is that by making a "free" (i.e. non-Z-store, non-lockbox, non-fleet) heavy carrier available to Federation players, it means that the KDF no longer have a monopoly on "free" heavy carriers, which thus detracts from the uniqueness of the KDF ship lineup.
    dharmasala wrote: »

Are you implying that there is a connection with the probe that was sent to Earth to contact the whales?
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So for a ship that turns worse than a whale with no fins, why would you even add the addition of it being able to equip dual cannons? :confused:
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• silence1311silence1311 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    huskerklg wrote: »
    You nitpicking sarcasm after the no-life comments is ridiculous. Grow up.

It is not an endless grind. It is not limited to those without a life. It'll take awhile, but it isn't something you can't wait for anyway. It isn't something you have to have anyway, the advance version only adds a different ability, not something that gives an advantage. /facepalm

Never mind, not going to bother, you aren't worth it. Again the amount of entitlement to some of the complaints never ceases to amaze me.

Really? An extra ability is an advantage! + it's the fleet version. If you can't understand my first sentence you really need to use dictionary.com :rolleyes: This is where I stop replying to your stupid counters because your a waste of my virtual breath. Nice counter Havelock.
  • vindlethvindleth Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Just wanted to say Thank you for the ship....its awesome.
  • revyremirevyremi Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Standard full carrier layout, however, the 12 Swarmers you can launch helps make up for it ;) They are quite deadly, especially the Elites.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

i was hoping for a new broadside layout or at the very least 4/3 like the kar fi and jemmy dread.

the 360 beam weapon helps alittle with this but make putting torps on a 3/3 pritty much pointless. i pray for more 360 weapons.
  • k668k668 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    vindleth wrote: »
    Just wanted to say Thank you for the ship....its awesome.

I concur. The free version in itself makes for a nice addition to my fleet, and I'm actually loving its weird style. We get two parts of a set that already make for a nice bonus, and all of this for free.

Yes, it's a bit of a nasty teaser for the advanced version, and nope, I probably won't be using the free one on Fleet Actions or STFs. And nope, I won't get the advanced version for the full set either, as I feel it's not worth the Lobi. But that's a matter of personal taste and preferences.

Seriously people, I just don't see the point in complaining about this. If you feel the Lobi version and full set is so important that you're willing to complain just short of insulting the company that made it, well, just grind Dil and/or ECs and spend some Lobi on it. No need to spend a single dime if you're willing to show just a tad of patience. And if you feel it's not worth your patience... Then what's the point about complaining in the first place? As someone else pointed out, it's neither game-breaking nor a particularly novel marketing strategy, so I really fail to see the big deal about it. Take it or leave it, it's really that simple.
  • torsten1009torsten1009 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Well, you should all look at it this way: The Omni-Directional Antiproton-Array is basically an Issue-S-Array. The Warpcore is a nice Core for travel, so put both pieces on a Fighter or Shuttle...

Add the Kinnetic-Cutting-Beam and the assimilated Module and you'll have the best gear for small-craft-missions. Getting the console?!? - For what, my Fighters/Shuttles don't have a Hangar-Bay :P

The bad thing about it: Romulans can't use it on their small crafts (Scorpion Fighter, Tiercel, Kestrel, Commanders Gig), we need a Version of that Set with a Singularity-Core and a Plasma-Array (so we can use our small-craft in style) :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If Star Trek Online was an Open-Source (GPL) Game, we would have a low-grind fork.
  • toozi45toozi45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I for one am just happy to have a far more convenient way to get a tachyokinetic converter for my Fleet HEC with this 500 lobi business, but something I'm not sure I understand is whether this carrier is a viable tier 5 ship or not since level 40 players are able to pilot it?
  • evs2011evs2011 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    toozi45 wrote: »
    I for one am just happy to have a far more convenient way to get a tachyokinetic converter for my Fleet HEC with this 500 lobi business, but something I'm not sure I understand is whether this carrier is a viable tier 5 ship or not since level 40 players are able to pilot it?

Level 40 is T5, it's just that there are T5++ ships out there to contend with.
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    have they said how you get these 500 lobi yet ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Standard full carrier layout, however, the 12 Swarmers you can launch helps make up for it ;) They are quite deadly, especially the Elites.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

any eta on elites, or how they'll be obtainable?
  • mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Well I also must say a big Thank You for this ship (and for the FE for that matter).

I think its the first free ship with a unique bridge.
    Its really nice, both the free and the lobi version and imo is resembling an Ori ship from Star Gate, wich is not a bad thing :)

Ohh and for the advanced one being 800 lobis, so what? STO its also a business afterall.
    And it seems it will be easier to get it with the new FE re-runs. I am really curious about this.
  • paspinallpaspinall Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    usscapital wrote: »
    have they said how you get these 500 lobi yet ?

I believe todays blog may have info, but it woulds *seem* to be that you get 15 lobi for the first episode replay you do a day on your account, that would mean its going to be up for quite some time if that is the case, and also not sure if its a specific episode or what either, guess we find out with the blog.
    wast33 wrote: »
    any eta on elites, or how they'll be obtainable?

They are a part of the fleet spire, Tier 3 I think but not certain on that.
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    paspinall wrote: »

They are a part of the fleet spire, Tier 3 I think but not certain on that.

...thx 4 info :)
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You may have missed this post: http://www.perfectworld.com/news/?p=932201

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Indeed I had.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Thanks for the feedback, Captains. I will be sure to pass it along as it is important to us. I did want to add a side-note that's not listed in the blog: Our upcoming FE replay event is introducing a new way to earn Lobi, and if my calculations are correct, you should be able to earn over 500 Lobi Crystals from the event if you play daily. More details on that will be posted tomorrow.

That won't get you to 800, but it will help :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    Have yet to see any sign of "a new way to earn Lobi."
    dgbgfnkqi05e.png