test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hearts and Minds Returns [Now Ended]

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited November 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hearts and Minds returns this week for one day only. Read more to learn about this special mini-mission.

Click here to read more.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    There's yer EPIC-ness...

<chuckle>

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ... no... it can't be the promised Epic-ness... Say it aint so Bran!

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hmm, sounds cool. :D
    signwidrona.png
  • elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ... no... it can't be the promised Epic-ness... Say it aint so Bran!

Well, he didn't put in the disclaimer that this wasn't the epic news, so...
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • eisenw0lfeisenw0lf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Not exactly news. This event was listed in the ingame calender for weeks now.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited October 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    Well, he didn't put in the disclaimer that this wasn't the epic news, so...

It's not. Trust me, you will know it's the announcement when you see it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It's not. Trust me, you will know it's the announcement when you see it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

C'mon, give us an ETA... :)
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I hope branflakes realizes that nothing short of "we are leasing so much content in s8 that it would take your years to accomplish" will make us happy.
    /nerdexpectations
    Set the bar low
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • gemetzelgemetzel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This mission is great! Creepy and solid with an exclusive reward to boot. It's nice to see it pop up every year!!
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    walshicus wrote: »
    C'mon, give us an ETA... :)

Seriously,
    Please cheer me up Brandon

I've worked round the clock, My wife's gone and made me fish fer dinner...AGAIN, my car's in the garage...AGAIN....another thousand dollar repair.....AGAIN.

I need some epic-ness badly right now.:(
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    chalpen wrote: »
    I hope branflakes realizes that nothing short of "we are leasing so much content in s8 that it would take your years to accomplish" will make us happy.
    /nerdexpectations
    Set the bar low

I am sure we call all agree no matter how epic Branflakes thinks it is, some (heck maybe even most) will be bitterly disappointed, and feel it is less then epic.

It is like predicting the sunrise, no one is surprised it happens, and just about everyone can see it coming. No matter what Branflakes says, someone will set the bar ridiculously high, and doom themselves to disappointment when those impossible expectations aren't met.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hearts and Minds returns this week for one day only. Read more to learn about this special mini-mission.

Click here to read more.
    Ok this is great news. I just leveled two new toons over the XP weekend that haven't run this yet. Keen, keen!

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    for people that have done this mission already do we get anything new with it?
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Cool I ran it last time it showed up. Very good fun mission. I think I got it on all my characters. If not I will have to log on and see. Glad I go until Friday. So I can get a chance.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
    edited October 2013
    for people that have done this mission already do we get anything new with it?
    During past replays there was nothing new. Just the opportunity to get additional copies of the prizes we got before and/or run it on alt characters that may not have existed the last time.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • snappyofgornsnappyofgorn Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I for one would love a doff missions where you could put in your blue clones and get a purple clone.
    edited October 2013
    I for one would love a doff missions where you could put in your blue clones and get a purple clone.
    /vote +1

:)

• chrisolliecchrisolliec Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    gemetzel wrote: »
    This mission is great! Creepy and solid with an exclusive reward to boot. It's nice to see it pop up every year!!

I must have played a different mission... Didn't feel that creepy to me...

Have been replaying the Drozanna missions with a new char, recently...
    That first one is creepier than this, in my opinion.

But the reward has proven to be useful, thus I'll play it with some more of my chars.
    Who knows? Perhaps I'll find the creepy stuff this time... :)
    "I came from a time long gone, saw many other times...
    But I'm still a mere human."
    Vice Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
  • jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    That is a nice mini mission!

We need more of them! :D
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • haarvaldhaarvald Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Click here to read more.

How will this be possible for Federation aligned Romulans? As I have YET to get a single mission from Franklin Drake, despite my Rom-Fed being level 50.

in fact... I haven't been able to do ANY of the Eta Eridani Fed dailies with my Rom-Fed.
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    haarvald wrote: »
    How will this be possible for Federation aligned Romulans? As I have YET to get a single mission from Franklin Drake, despite my Rom-Fed being level 50.

in fact... I haven't been able to do ANY of the Eta Eridani Fed dailies with my Rom-Fed.

That's a problem. I can do all of them with my Fed-Rom. I'm also looking forward to getting my second clone with her.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
    edited October 2013
    captaind3 wrote: »
    That's a problem. I can do all of them with my Fed-Rom. I'm also looking forward to getting my second clone with her.

was there a secret password you had to use to get access to him... or did you have to find him somewhere... as I have no password.. nor have I a location to find him at.
  • theonetruetomtheonetruetom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    >>one day only
    >>6pm PDT tomorrow, Wednesday, October 30, until around 6am PDT this Friday, November 1.

Uhh...
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    haarvald wrote: »

*off topic advice*
    ... finish "neutral zone diplomacy" from ur missions tab ;)...

on topic:
    i think for klink there's someone similar to drake. also u may can access the "event"-mission over the event-entry in missions tab i guess (not sure though).
    edited October 2013
    wast33 wrote: »
    *off topic advice*
    ... finish "neutral zone diplomacy" from ur missions tab ;)...

on topic:
    i think for klink there's someone similar to drake. also u may can access the "event"-mission over the event-entry in missions tab i guess (not sure though).

it appears I have done 'neutral zone diplomacy... still no chat with the elusive Mr Drake
  • themasta897themasta897 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    And so my army of Dr. Sibak clones grows......;)
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    >>one day only
    >>6pm PDT tomorrow, Wednesday, October 30, until around 6am PDT this Friday, November 1.

Uhh...

There are 3 kinds of people: Those who are good at math, and those who aren't. ;)
  • ridddickxxxridddickxxx Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Odd, Franklin is still quiet...
    Branflakes did you to put the Hearts and Minds mission on today's patch :mad:
    Where you so excited with FE that you forgot.
    2nhfgxf.jpg
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited October 2013
    Odd, Franklin is still quiet...
    Branflakes did you to put the Hearts and Minds mission on today's patch :mad:

The mission doesn't start until 6PM PDT per the in-game calendar, patch notes and news post linked in the OP :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The mission doesn't start until 6PM PDT per the in-game calendar, patch notes and news post linked in the OP :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

You need to be more specific and inform us better. How are we supposed to know if we don't check one of those places?
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
This discussion has been closed.