test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Famous Voice Actors of Star Trek Online

flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
This comes after the news that Michael Dorn will be reprising his role as Worf for STO KDF content; I would assume this was unique to the KDF anyway.

We've already got Denise Crosby portraying Tasha Yar (and more importantly, Sela) for the Romulans. If/When we get a Cardassian Faction, it's a safe bet they'll try to get Andrew Robinson in on the action to reprise his role as Garak. We can hardly have Dukat or Damar cause they're, well ... dead.

This opens up the big question though of who to bring in for the Federation? With so many potential candidates, and so many good actors/actresses, who'd best fit the bill?
attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
Post edited by flash525 on

Comments

• Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Garak that hack, meh:P
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You can't get more Star Trek Iconic than "The Shat", or any of the Captains really.

Don't forget Nimoy... he did a lot of VO work as well.

Or they can really mess with us... Bring Wheaton back as a reprise of the Traveler.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If we're really, really, unbelievably lucky?

John De Lancie will agree to do Q as Q should be done.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    flash525 wrote: »
    If/When we get a Cardassian Faction, it's a safe bet they'll try to get Andrew Robinson in on the action to reprise his role as Garak. We can hardly have Dukat or Damar cause they're, well ... dead.

Pah, death! 'Tis but a word in Star Trek. It didn't stop Nimoy voicing spock, even though he's "dead".

I'd prefer Andrew Robinson to do the VO work for a Cardassian faction, but frankly, I could easily live with Casey Biggs or Marc Alaimo.

Why there's no mention of Jeffrey Combs, or Rene Auberjonis, to do work on a Cardassian/Dominion faction astounds me, really.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    mingtran2mingtran2 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    wonder if they will redo all the KDF level ups with Dorn replacing that Random Klingon voice
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If we're really, really, unbelievably lucky?

John De Lancie will agree to do Q as Q should be done.

Don't you mean his son, who is also he's real life son.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Robert Picardo seems the easiest option Fed side, since The Doctor is pretty popular, doesn't age, and is still a part of Starfleet. Alternately you could pull some of the younger DS9 or Voyager characters like Ezri Dax or Harry Kim, or maybe Tuvok given Vulcan's longevity.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    No, I meant Q, not Q Junior.

I hope they don't pull Voyager - they'd probably give Fed players more missions based out of K-7 and just get the actress who played 'Teenage Naomi' from Voy: "Shattered" to voice Commander Wildman...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Like I have said before, when and if they ever release a Cardassian faction bringing in Andrew Robinson to do VO work for Garak is a must, his char. would give such a special flavour to the Cardassians!

My top 3 wishes would be my top 3 favourite ST chars:

- Andrew Robinson (Elim Garak).
    - John Billlingsley (Dr.Phlox).
    - Patrick Stewart (Jean Luc Picard).

But that said, I'm still under impressions that we have Michael Dorn doing VO work for Worf now that I think is really amazing. I sincerely hope they got mr.Dorn to also do some of the VO for the new Klingon tutorial, that would be sweet.
    Having any actor that played a role in Star Trek is an awesome and wellcomed adition in STO, let alone a member of the main cast of 2 shows and several movies like mr.Dorn.
    I have the upmost respect for all Star Trek actors that participated in STO and decided to enable us, the fans, the pleasure of having them on board.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Why there's no mention of Jeffrey Combs

Wasn't his Andorian character from Enterprise era ? So he'd be like 500 years old ?

:eek:

Just say NO to more time travel episodes !
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This comes after the news that Michael Dorn will be reprising his role as Worf for STO KDF content; I would assume this was unique to the KDF anyway.

You are off the mark.
    Re-read the blog spots and they specifically point out how he's coming back for the new FE series; they make absolutely no mention of him doing any more VO work than that.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Wasn't his Andorian character from Enterprise era ? So he'd be like 500 years old ?

He was referring to Weyoun. Who was killed off for the last time during the siege of Cardassia.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    True, his clones were killed, but that doesn't mean the Founders don't still have his genetic material to make a new Weyoun with. (Didn't that happen in one of the books, in fact?)
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited October 2013

We've already got Denise Crosby portraying Tasha Yar (and more importantly, Sela) for the Romulans. If/When we get a Cardassian Faction, it's a safe bet they'll try to get Andrew Robinson in on the action to reprise his role as Garak. We can hardly have Dukat or Damar cause they're, well ... dead.

This opens up the big question though of who to bring in for the Federation? With so many potential candidates, and so many good actors/actresses, who'd best fit the bill?

Worf is an ambassador so he is available for both KDF and Fed content.

And we got Denise to do a little Tasha which was Fed even if most of her work is Sela.

As mentioned Nimoy did all the zone introductions which you can re-listen to using your data chip on each character.

I'd love Avery Brooks to do some Cisco as a prophet voice work, and/or Ren? Auberjonois as Odo. The Doctor from Voyager (Robert Picardo) would be great and so would Seven (Jerry Ryan). All of those characters are, to my knowledge still available within the setting.

But I'd also love for Jeffrey Combs to do a completely new character, since he had so many cannon ones all over and because he's awesome. =)
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    shpoks wrote: »

- Patrick Stewart (Jean Luc Picard).

There's a part of me that would really love to have Picard voiced by Brent Spiner. Because he's really very good at it.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    He was referring to Weyoun. Who was killed off for the last time during the siege of Cardassia.

That would make him dead too.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I've got it; the Borg Queen discovers Lore's body and reassembles him to become the 'consort' that neither Locutus or Data were, with Brent Spiner voicing Lore in the FE series where you face off against him.

Also would be a good way to introduce Hugh and his 'Free Borg' into the game...
  • Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    True, his clones were killed, but that doesn't mean the Founders don't still have his genetic material to make a new Weyoun with. (Didn't that happen in one of the books, in fact?)

All of his clones, and the facility used to create them were destroyed. While never directly stated, comments from the female changeling very readily point to the Weyoun line as being extinct.
  • Options
    otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I would really like to see Stewart as Picard again, or Data.

Would also like to get Archer.

Janeway would be appreciated too.

Or get James Earl Jones to voice a "Vaderish" bad guy. :P
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Hey, this is Star Trek! The show that coined the phrase, "If it's Tuesday, this must be Thursday."
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    halcyon3halcyon3 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It always astounds me that the ferengi, that is almost half heart, Quark is never mentioned when the community and/or devs talk about actors they would like to see doing voice overs in game and never does Armin Shimmerman get any mention :(. Quark was one of my favourite charachters in DS9 and i think he would add some much needed ferengi love into STO :D
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I don't know about Quark (He'd be great, but not sure how they'd work him in...)

What about Nog?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Is it bad that I completely forgot about Nimoy? :eek:
    johngazman wrote: »
    Why there's no mention of Jeffrey Combs, or Rene Auberjonis, to do work on a Cardassian/Dominion faction astounds me, really.
    It's quite simple really. I mentioned a Cardassian faction, not a Dominion one. :P
    sorceror01 wrote: »
    Re-read the blog spots and they specifically point out how he's coming back for the new FE series; they make absolutely no mention of him doing any more VO work than that.
    Whilst true, they don't mention it, they'd be losing out on a big window of opportunity if they didn't.

I don't think they'd miss that opportunity, and as such I believe it'll be more than just the new Featured Episode.
    otowi wrote: »
    Would also like to get Archer.
    Archer would be brilliant, throw in a time travel episode, include Daniels. Oh the fun!

...introduce the Xindi whilst they're at it. :P
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Or they can really mess with us... Bring Wheaton back as a reprise of the Traveler.

The old Wesley Wheaton was annoying, but I really like Wheaton now on his website and the shows he's done recently.

I don't think the TNG cast is doing much (at least that I've seen) so getting them wouldn't be too hard I'd think. Cause really, voice over work is just about the easiest acting you can do! I've heard of actors doing it over a good phone line from their homes! :D

You all know the 1701-E will show up as soon as they get Spiner on board.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Technically, Denise Crosby came back first for an FE (Temporal Ambassador), then she came back as Sela in LoR, so Michael Dorn doing Worf in an FE, then coming back to voice him in other missions isn't unfeasible.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I don't think the TNG cast is doing much (at least that I've seen) so getting them wouldn't be too hard I'd think. Cause really, voice over work is just about the easiest acting you can do! I've heard of actors doing it over a good phone line from their homes! :D
    I seem to remember rumours that Kate Mulgrew did her whole ST:Legacy voice work via the telephone.
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    mingtran2 wrote: »
    wonder if they will redo all the KDF level ups with Dorn replacing that Random Klingon voice
    Here's to hoping that's the case. No offense to the guy who done that.
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited October 2013

He was Weyoun before he played Shran. I wouldn't have mentioned him here if he didn't have a possible link to a Cardassian faction.
    Is it bad that I completely forgot about Nimoy? :eek:It's quite simple really. I mentioned a Cardassian faction, not a Dominion one. :P

While it's possible, I doubt that a Cardie faction will exclude playable Jem'Hadar.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Top 3 VO's for me would be:

Data.
    Patrick Stewart.
    Data.
    To play the game properly, will say: Geordi!
    And to now break the rules , once again, for the Cardassians : Odo (actor) and a bonus slot for the Feds : Captain Harry Kim!!!
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • Options
    crypt1c1crypt1c1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This is why Worf (Michael Dorn) is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NOM-kLfDR8