What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - October 18, 2013

Comments

• blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    natthaan wrote: »
    Can us non gold come back and play?:confused:
    Have patience. You will get the chance to test when Cryptic opens up the server to all players. Don't beg for the server to be opened at your convenience. It's all up to Cryptic to decide when to open the server to Silver players.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • commodoreshrvkcommodoreshrvk Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I like the concept of the Rep Sponsorship and applaud the devs for taking a first step. But at this point I see it as a half measure (pun intended). Now we need to grind the same few missions to see this benefit (albeit a limited amount of time). Please give us more ways to get get Nukara and Romulan Marks...ahem upgrade New Romulus and Nukara to the level Defera is and add in a few more events/fix the broken ones. That would make the Rep Sponsorship change far more palatable.
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Shhhh... Quiet you! ;):D

unless you have a 50+ turn rate, having higher then 35 inertia actually sucks quite a bit. the avenger is much harder to use with low arc weapons because it cant drift orbit a target wile keeping its nose pointed at a target like the kdf cruisers can
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I was wondering, since I didn't see it mentioned in the notes, does this affect reputation set gear?

It's a long painful grind when going for a Mk XII reputation set that consists of a shield array, deflector dish, and engines. Depending on what set pieces you're going for, it can require up to 1,000 marks and 34,000 dilithium PER PIECE of a Mk XII set. That's 3,000 marks + 102,000 dilithium for the full set, on top of commodities and expertise. And that is just for 1 character. Just for the dilithium alone it would take 12 days at 8,500 refined per day if you have the bonus 500 refined dil doff assignment at your fleet dilithium mine, or 12.75 days at the regular 8,000 dil per day, and can take longer than that to get the 3,000 marks for the set.

Which is another disappointment: when my KDF fleet maxed out our dil mine and completed all unlock projects, I was hoping the 500 refined dil doff assignment at the fleet dil mine would end up being increased at higher tiers of the fleet holding. As you can see, for a single full Mk XII ship set from the rep system that costs 34k dil each piece, you're only saving 18 hours if doing the doff assignment each day at your fleet dil mine (that assignment only takes 5 seconds to complete, but is a daily).

Edit: It was another disappointment that only the dilthium store discounts from the fleet dil mine worked for your personal reputation stores. I was hoping the project input discounts would apply. :(

Any plans to improve this to make it easier? I get so sick of just grinding marks I'll get up to 200 or 300 marks and put the project on hold for that character for weeks before I decide to work on it some more.

Please at least consider this for the future, if not season 8 then perhaps season 9.
  • sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Guys, to those of you complaining that the old reps still cost the same, CaptGeko said in that interview they linked on the front page below the dev blog that they intend the older reps to get the new system in Season 9 once they get all the bugs out of the new system (and fair enough, it would suck if all the Reps broke on holodeck from the change). But the sponsorship program will start ASAP for all Reps. I think patience is in order here. They're doing something to make this easier and they want it to work. This is a good thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!
  • northstar121403northstar121403 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Sweet going to check it out now!
    Making Borg go *BOOM* since May 2010

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    When you get the double xp shortcut, do the project timers also double from 20 to 40 hours? Or, do they stay the same?

I am just glad that something is happening.

Thank you Cryptic.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I like the concept of the Rep Sponsorship and applaud the devs for taking a first step. But at this point I see it as a half measure (pun intended). Now we need to grind the same few missions to see this benefit (albeit a limited amount of time). Please give us more ways to get get Nukara and Romulan Marks...ahem upgrade New Romulus and Nukara to the level Defera is and add in a few more events/fix the broken ones. That would make the Rep Sponsorship change far more palatable.

The only other thing I could see is maybe have account bound marks or an easier way to get marks. I imagine they still want reps to consume some resources.

But if they ever wanted to deinflate the economy some, they could do something like let you buy an account bound box full of 100 marks for 5 million EC, maybe 250 marks for 10 million EC. Only buyable on a rep maxed character but tradeable on the account.

That would drain some of the excess EC out of the economy between people grinding alts and trying to finish out projects.

And you could delay implementing this for newer reps. (Ie. only reps that are 1-2 seasons old get the mark bundles.)
  • oracle54oracle54 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So...the tac consoles.

+8% critical severity or +1.6% chance of critical hit, and +25.5% increased damage doesn't sound that that great...or is that just me?
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Reputation Sponsorship:
    This feature allows players that have maxed out a reputation on one character to have double reputation experience for all of their alts in that same rep.
    Characters that have reached Tier 5 in any Reputation will see a new project available in that Reputation: "Begin Sponsorship Procedures for Upcoming Officer"
    This project costs 100 Marks from the applicable Reputation, and completes in ~5 seconds.
    Completing this Project will reward that T5 Character with a Sponsorship Token applicable to that Reputation.

No offense, but this doesn't help people unless they complete the reputation system on one character, which took roughly 6 weeks with the previous reputation systems. So this system does not help those who play multiple characters per day.
  • tabzentabzen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm trying to figure out how the double XP is meant to help the rep system ..

So I earn it twice as fast but at still stuck with 20 hour timegates ...

Get rid of the timegate for alts and you might actually be onto something decent but as it stands now , I am NOT doing rep projects for my 6 alts unless the 20hr rubbish is removed ... I've already done my painful experience on two toons ... 5 more Nup.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    They just can't get rid of time gates for alts. I to do it would require rewrites to the code that would require them to figure out what characters are alts and what aren't. The Timegates are there because they don't want us to immediately have access to the materials. Remember, it's supposed to be fair for everyone.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • arvistaljikarvistaljik Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    tabzen wrote: »
    I'm trying to figure out how the double XP is meant to help the rep system ..

So I earn it twice as fast but at still stuck with 20 hour timegates ...

Get rid of the timegate for alts and you might actually be onto something decent but as it stands now , I am NOT doing rep projects for my 6 alts unless the 20hr rubbish is removed ... I've already done my painful experience on two toons ... 5 more Nup.

I seriously don't understand why people are still complaining.

They cut everything for reputations on alts in HALF. Half the required inputs and half the total time to get to T5.

I think it's a bit much for people to be asking for an instant "GIMME NOW!" button on their alts. Cutting resource inputs and total time to T5 in half is a GREAT step in the right direction.
  • baelispissedoffbaelispissedoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Here are some figures for you to consider:

With a maximum of 2800 rep points it would take 36 days to take a reputation from 0 points to max, doing them once every 24 hours. Or 30 days doing it every 20 hours.

With only doing the one mission, at 4000 rep points it would only take 25 days to take a reputation from 0 to max, doing them once every 24 hours. Or 21 days doing it every 20 hours.

With doing both missions, at 5600 rep points it would only take 18 days to take a reputation from 0 to max, doing them once every 24 hours. Or 15 days doing it every 20 hours.

Now then the most obvious benefit here is that you can max out your alts reputation in half of the time it would of taken on your main. The second possible benefit which isn't mentioned at the moment, is that this could cost far less resources to max as well. If you're taking half the time to get it maxed that also means that you're using almost half the resources to get there.
  • blackwing78blackwing78 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The Sponsorship feature will affect all Reps, including the new Dyson and the old/original Trinity Reps (and persumably be available on any new Reps going forward). Cutting an alt's Rep from 36 to 18 days, and therefore half the resources/mission-run count also... Sounds great to me.

A month two weeks...i still dont like it i rather have them dumb that idea and instead give us Mark Packs everywhere so we can do the stfs/missions we LIKE and get the marks we NEED.

This does not change anything, still no rep for alts in my case.
  • ikuruyoikuruyo Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    Except this doesnt scale, also it doesnt half the inputs ... sure, you only need to run half the projects but each project remains with the same cost.

People dont run rep on alts because of project inputs, not TOTAL inputs and the system DOESNT SCALE, it seems you "I have one character" people rather miss that because its inconvenient for you isnt, this ISNT a solution at all because 2 characters or 20 have the exact same "benefits" or rather, the 20 characters have to slave away for months each day.

THIS changes nothing.

THIS halves the number of projects you must do. As a result it halves the amount you put into it.

Currently to max Omega rep requires:
    1526 marks
    493150 expertise
    2,369,900 EC worth of commodities and devices

Becomes
    763 marks
    246575 expertise
    1,184,950 ec

If you halved the imputs and halved the number of projects you are doing its down to 1/4 of current costs. I really don't see how you came to your conclusion.

And I have 9 VA, 6 are Tier V in all 3 reps, the others are Tier V Rom, Tier 4+ Nukara, and Tier 2-4 in Omega. I'm well aware of the time and effort it takes to max out the reps on alts. By the time this is put in I'll probably be Tier V on all VA for all reps. The new sponsoring looks like it will really help those that have not yet reached Tier V on all their alts but have on at least 1 VA. The reps as they have been implemented have been in for about 11 months, it takes a bit over a month to max one rep and you only need to do 1-2 pve missions to get the marks for the days projects. Gear does take more time and effort to get the marks but if you don't want to pay for the higher end stuff then don't. You are nor required to have it, you just want it and you want it for less work.

Btw, the projects you did to reach Tier V awarded you with 17,280 dilithum ore with a final bonus of 32,000 dilithum ore, and 750 marks for Rom and Nukara reps. The close to 50k dilithum was to help you buy the gear you wented, what, do people spend that dilithum then claim that the costs are too high? In the process of doing the rep you were given almost half the dilhtum you need for a full set of space gear for all the reps but Omega. I still find the Omega final payout to be confusingly low but eh...
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The time gates do present a problem especially if someone like myself has near 20 characters on one faction that I want to get atleast just the passives on. So between reps I hardly ever get to the federation characters to do the reps after the time spent trying to get the majority which are KDF done.

IMO though once one character has done the rep to tier 5 they should all be tier 5 and then the grind would just be for the gear itself with the amount of marks it takes to get them geared.
  • milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I seriously don't understand why people are still complaining.

They cut everything for reputations on alts in HALF. Half the required inputs and half the total time to get to T5.

I think it's a bit much for people to be asking for an instant "GIMME NOW!" button on their alts. Cutting resource inputs and total time to T5 in half is a GREAT step in the right direction.

It is a partial fix, the wait is excessive in comparison to the amount of time the next rep will be released. The easiest feature would be to make the double xp missions have a timer of 5s because we had enough time to build up the resources for the full rep, let alone half, on all our toons AND we have endured the 20hr timer on the prime toon.

This is not complaining, its next step in the right direction.
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
  • schneemann83schneemann83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Reputation Sponsorship:
    • Completing this Project will reward that character with Double Reputation XP in that specific Reputation, for the remainder of that character's lifetime.
    • This means that the Projects that previously rewarded 2000xp and 800xp will now give 4000xp and 1600xp.

This is a nice change for people that have one finished char and decide to start an alt.

However it does nothing for people that already have alts and now will do the Dyson rep for them: Either they'll leave their alts behind for weeks until their main is finished, or they keep playing them, doing rep stuff on more than one char simultaneously - and gain nothing, wasting the sponsorship benefits. A disappointing outcome.

Would it be possible to alter Sponsorship to not only double the xp of future projects, but also to double previously earned xp? Like you already have 50k rep on your alt, use the token, and get it doubled to 100k? The same outcome as the currently implemented variant, but instead of ignoring rep on our alts for weeks, we can play them regularly, earning the needed rep, and have all our chars finished at the same time as our main. This would drastically increase usefulness of sponsorship, especially while doing newly added reps for several chars.
    edited October 2013
    This is a nice change for people that have one finished char and decide to start an alt.

However it does nothing for people that already have alts and now will do the Dyson rep for them: Either they'll leave their alts behind for weeks until their main is finished, or they keep playing them, doing rep stuff on more than one char simultaneously - and gain nothing, wasting the sponsorship benefits. A disappointing outcome.

Would it be possible to alter Sponsorship to not only double the xp of future projects, but also to double previously earned xp? Like you already have 50k rep on your alt, use the token, and get it doubled to 100k? The same outcome as the currently implemented variant, but instead of ignoring rep on our alts for weeks, we can play them regularly, earning the needed rep, and have all our chars finished at the same time as our main. This would drastically increase usefulness of sponsorship, especially while doing newly added reps for several chars.

I doubt they could implement a retroactive doubling.

Would you consider it the same if they had the double xp missions to have a 5s timer, so while the prime was running xp you could stockpile up commendations and rep, then at completion of T5 and sponsorship you could spend an afternoon putting running rep missions and get the alt to T5? I think this is the most realistic action possible.

I would also have to concede that if the timer were taken off the double rep then there could be no gear drops as they stated for the dyson rep projects.
  • derekslidederekslide Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Still not good enough, as suggested many times before, let us choose the marks we need, and add marks to all content. That way we can progress no matter what we do.
    edited October 2013
    derekslide wrote: »
    Still not good enough, as suggested many times before, let us choose the marks we need, and add marks to all content. That way we can progress no matter what we do.

There seems to be a growing trend of choice of marks, so I think there is flexibility in content. Unless your like me and all pve that is scripted is snoring boring.

Good news is my runs of Dyson ground zone were fun, kinda scripted, but with a bunch of guys running around (last night was just me and another dude) it coudl be fast paced and fun. I just hope it gets lots of attention and the other missions are not significantly more efficient. Typically the better games are less efficient and since I am always behind in my pvp team I have to stick to efficient.
  • schneemann83schneemann83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I doubt they could implement a retroactive doubling.

Would you consider it the same if they had the double xp missions to have a 5s timer, so while the prime was running xp you could stockpile up commendations and rep, then at completion of T5 and sponsorship you could spend an afternoon putting running rep missions and get the alt to T5? I think this is the most realistic action possible.
    Might not be the most elegant solution, but yes, I would also prefer this over the current tribble implementation of "leave your alts behind for weeks or lose sponsorship".
  • robinsonfamilyrobinsonfamily Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This new patch has some how broken the "storming the spire" which causes the game to crash with no error. I was able to play this mission prior to the new patch.
  • ikuruyoikuruyo Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Apparently you cannot read, what part of "sure, you only need to run half the projects but each project remains with the same cost" did you failed to understand? I know my English isnt that good and I make too many typos but still ...

THIS
    CHANGES
    NOTHING!

I still have to get 48 marks at T4, you want for me to list the payout for Nukara? thats 15 for Easy, 25 for Medium and 35 for Hard ... this is per character thats the God damn problem, if you have two characters then fine, this helps you but if you have 4 then this DOESNT HELP YOU because this the VERY DEFINITION OF GRIND!

EVERY CHARACTER, DOING THE EXACT SAME THING EVERY DAY FOR HOURS TO A END!

Yes its "half the time" SO WHAT? If something takes a hour is NOT going to stop taking a hour because instead of 40 days it now takes 20 ... CHANGES NOTHING! ITS STILL A HOUR PER DAY!

Again ...

THIS CHANGES NOTHING!

Unless, off course, you happen to be someone that have no alts or rather have 3 character slots this makes your life easier but this DOESNT CHANGE ANYTHING FOR ANYTHING THAT ACTUALLY BROUGHT CHARACTER SLOTS! because the grind hell is still there, just because it takes "half the time" doesnt change it takes EXACTLY THE SAME GRIND PER DAY AS IT CURRENTLY DOES.

Theres your main problem.

You are running around on Nukara to get your marks. I did that once, decided it was not worth the time it took and went looking for other ways. I pick up around 60-80 marks for 30 minutes of play. Just because you decided to earn your marks in the slowest most painful way does not mean that everyone does.

And if its an hour a day for you that would be a total of 20 hours of play instead of 40 hours. You will be done with half the work. Somehow because you have the spend the same amount of time per day its not less even if you have to do so for fewer days?
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Except this doesnt scale, also it doesnt half the inputs ... sure, you only need to run half the projects but each project remains with the same cost.

People dont run rep on alts because of project inputs, not TOTAL inputs and the system DOESNT SCALE, it seems you "I have one character" people rather miss that because its inconvenient for you isnt, this ISNT a solution at all because 2 characters or 20 have the exact same "benefits" or rather, the 20 characters have to slave away for months each day.

THIS changes nothing.

If you run half the projects as a result ... you are inputting half the inputs because you are only running HALF the projects.

That's saving half the normal expense.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
    edited October 2013
    genhauk wrote: »
    If you run half the projects as a result ... you are inputting half the inputs because you are only running HALF the projects.

That's saving half the normal expense.

I think his statement was it was hard to get enough materials to start the projects in one session of game play for him. He may want the inputs halved, instead of the materials to take better advantage of the timer. I could see there may be scenarios where this is better, but they are not true for me so I am not certain.

I feel that we are destined for account bound reputation or an end to new reputations being added. The devs probably don' want to do either, but at some point it is just not feasible to expect to grow a new player crowd behind a wall of reps. The noobs will always be behind us in ability to do stuff, and they will not want to develop a single alt. It is just too risky to count on a player staying based on their first character they made when they were completely new to a well established game. There are too many alternatives to be this limiting on diversity.

As the game goes on there will be more outcry for competitive pve rewards and that makes the reputation less optional.
  • captainjgeecaptainjgee Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Reputation Sponsorships good idea but very costly. The player that has reach Tier 5 has to spend 100 marks, right. So currently on Tribble there are 4 Repuations. That will be 400 marks, across the board to help an alt. So if I had 20 Alts, which I nearly have I would need to spend 8000 marks! Surely, "and Don't call me Shirley", an input of 1 mark would be possible? And if not why for all that's good is it so high! Cryptic you've not really thought this out, and for that reason you've Failed. :(
  • natthaannatthaan Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Have patience. You will get the chance to test when Cryptic opens up the server to all players. Don't beg for the server to be opened at your convenience. It's all up to Cryptic to decide when to open the server to Silver players.

Just to be clear i was only asking if Tribble was open for Silver player yet, i was not begging
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    THIS
    CHANGES
    NOTHING!

I still have to get 48 marks at T4, you want for me to list the payout for Nukara? thats 15 for Easy, 25 for Medium and 35 for Hard ... this is per character thats the God damn problem, if you have two characters then fine, this helps you but if you have 4 then this DOESNT HELP YOU because this the VERY DEFINITION OF GRIND!

EVERY CHARACTER, DOING THE EXACT SAME THING EVERY DAY FOR HOURS TO A END!

Yes its "half the time" SO WHAT? If something takes a hour is NOT going to stop taking a hour because instead of 40 days it now takes 20 ... CHANGES NOTHING! ITS STILL A HOUR PER DAY...
    Since we're yelling... ;)

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING :D

1) Look at it like this: You're taking 1hr per day to get 2800xp per day and it takes you ~40 days (really 36 if you're on every day). When the new system goes into effect you can spend 30mins per day and run to 5600xp Reps every other day. Still will take you ~40 (36) days. Or you can still spend your daily 1hr, run the 5600xp projects every day and be done in ~20 (18) days.

BOOYAH!! :P

It halves the time spent playing. Whether you take that half in the time you play per day or the over all time it takes you to finish the Rep (or some combo to breakout in between), it's still HALF.

It's still a grind. Yes. There won't be a way around that and it's the price you pay for having Rep-powers and gear available to multiple characters. But it'll be HALF THE GRIND.

2) If I may be so bold: You can stop running the slowest method of getting Nukara Marks. Run Crystalline Entity once a day, even on a Normal Queue-PUG run during off Event times you get 40 Marks. It's totally doable and takes ~10mins or so. There's (nearly) your day's worth of Marks. At T4 you might have to run it twice every third-fourth day or so.

I've completed 3xT5 on 11 Characters. It's taken many months as I did 2 or 3 at a time, but I'd spend about 20-30mins a day each (1x CE, 1x ESTF, Epohh Farming). When S8 starts, I'll do Dyson Rep on 1-2 characters, then Sponsor the others. I've got 3 characters that haven't finish the original trilogy reps and I'm going to stop grinding them until after S8 (I might run missions, between now and then to get resources (Marks, etc.) but I'm not starting any more Pre-S8 Rep Projects).

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.