test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So here is the New Reputation System and New Fleet Holding!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I guess the Romulans needed another 5 tac console ship...
    It's their fourth 5-tac console ship. KDF still only have just one...
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited October 2013
    Here is what someone posted about the new Rep passives:
    The tier 1 and tier 2 passives don't seem balanced to me: +10% crit severity vs. +5 DRR. Most people have some type of armor (both ground and space), so I'm not sure how much that +5 to DRR will actually add to their damage resistance. The 10% increase to crit severity might not be so much if a critical hit were fairly rare, but people can stack crit chance from multiple sources these days. The tier 3 and tier 4 passives are possibly balanced: 0 to 75 DRR vs. 0 to 25% more damage. The tier 5 ability grants +33% to damage and +1000 to DRR. I'm not sure how you chose the number 1000, but effectively, this will push someone's damage resistance to 75%. Also, what is the cooldown on the tier 5 ability?

Still waiting for more info.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Main post now updated with the new equipment and Rep abilities
  • Options
    allen78j20stoallen78j20sto Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It would be nice if this rep model was adopted game wide. Nothing worse than than the grind to tier up then grind to get gear in that tier, then do that in multiple reps on multiple characters. Its too much.
  • Options
    tonyalmeida2tonyalmeida2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    jetwtf wrote: »
    Also some of those consoles on the zen versions... garbage. not every console from a zen ship that has a fleet ship is worth getting like metreon canister and the nebula sensor thing that is as usefull as a hole on the top of your head. Some may be great and worth getting but not all.

Imo, the only console that comes with a ship that belongs anywhere near your ship in a pve match would be the valdore console. That being said, if you can do fine without it even it isn't necessary.
    pvp = small package
  • Options
    tksmittytksmitty Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    5 tac consoles on the Fleet Ar'kif.

Cryptic: It's not selling well. Give it a hangar!
    Cryptic (3 months later): It's still not selling well. Give a fleet version with 5 tac consoles!
    Current ship/builds:
    KDF Tac: Bortasqu' Tactical
    Fed Tac: Fleet Gal-X

Keep those big guns a-thunderin'
  • Options
    omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I bet when the Alien Carrier gets released they'll add a Fleet Alien Carrier to the Spire.
  • Options
    topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I like the looks of the new reputation system. no more commodoties and other bs things to get and the main 2k rep project uses a once a day item. Nothing like wanting to buy an item slot the project and use the next 3 days worth of marks on it and advancing rep either stops or getting the item is slower

You do realise what this means though? You can't stockpile what you need to do the projects as you can only earn one per day. That means you have to run the mission daily, instead of borg/romulan where you can stock up on marks and commodities and just log in to queue your projects.

Seriously hurts the casual players IMHO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    topset wrote: »
    You do realise what this means though? You can't stockpile what you need to do the projects as you can only earn one per day. That means you have to run the mission daily, instead of borg/romulan where you can stock up on marks and commodities and just log in to queue your projects.

Casual Players still have to log in each day to set the reputation projects. We will just have to see how quick these dailies can be done. So it might be a difference of spending 15 minutes per day doing it instead of 5 minutes.
  • Options
    nakedcrooknakedcrook Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I think I am gonna enjoy Season 8. This stuff looks good.

Keep up the good work Cryptic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you oppose the Reputation nerf, feel free to use my signature
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    Also you really think its 5 minutes? Serious ... this is a double timegate because the project is 20 hours and the drop is 20 hours so ... were exactly is this better?

The 5 minutes is to just log in and get the 2000 rep and 800 rep projects running for the day for the old reputations. This is not including the time to stockpile the Marks for the projects. So spend a few hours on the Weekend to grab Marks and only have to spend 5 minutes per day for the rest of the week to slot the projects.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    The 5 minutes is to just log in and get the 2000 rep and 800 rep projects running for the day for the old reputations. This is not including the time to stockpile the Marks for the projects. So spend a few hours on the Weekend to grab Marks and only have to spend 5 minutes per day for the rest of the week to slot the projects.

This is changing a bit as per Brandon's post in Tribble:
    Could be shorter now, depending on how often you play and how often you start your rep projects :) Existing reps have a 2000 Rep XP and a 800 Rep XP project that take 20 hours to complete. The 2K Dyson rep project is 20 hours, but the 200 Rep XP (not a typo, it's 200 instead of 800) only takes one hour to complete.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    This is changing a bit as per Brandon's post in Tribble:

Doing just the 2000 rep project is 50 days. Assuming someone plays for 8 hours per day, then it is 28 days which is much shorter than the 36 days for doing the 2000 and 800 rep projects once per day. However, this change will be added to the other reputations if the feedback for it is good which won't likely happen till next year.
  • Options
    jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited October 2013
    topset wrote: »

And that has no effect on me because thats all I do anyway. I stockpile to get gear and do 1 mission per day for the rep. This makes it about the same except I wont use my gear stock for rep thus saving grind later to get gear.

Also I am sure with all the complaints about only getting 1 a day it will be bumped up since it is still time gated.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • Options
    sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Take notice Cryptic.....

Nobody is talking about how "good" these fleet Vet ships are OR how they're gonna buy them... Why? Because no body will be able to get them!
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    And that has no effect on me because thats all I do anyway. I stockpile to get gear and do 1 mission per day for the rep. This makes it about the same except I wont use my gear stock for rep thus saving grind later to get gear.

Also I am sure with all the complaints about only getting 1 a day it will be bumped up since it is still time gated.
    Well, ponder this... you can only get 1 per day, you can only USE one per day..... There's kinda no point to earning more than one if you can't use more than one. Sure there's the idea of earning 2, then skipping earning one the next day, but it still takes the same amount of time to play the mission twice.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    dnaangel9dnaangel9 Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    I just can't understand why the Fleet Atrox is available. That means that players can get a much better version of the Atrox by just spending Fleet Credits and Energy Credits instead of Zen or converting Dilithium to Zen. The C-Store Atrox just doesn't have any consoles while the Ar'Kif and Kar'Fi have at least one console that won't be available to people that just bought the Fleet version.

Idk about MUCH better, Fleet Ships generally add: +10% Hull, +10% Shields and 1 extra console (i.e. Science, Engineering or sometimes Tactical). This helps, but it is far from a "Game Changer".

What are you talking about? That's not just the Atrox, There are many ships in the Zen Store that have a "Fleet" version of it. The trick is getting the Zen Store version first, that way you get the "unique" console associated with the ship. The other benefit of already having the Zen Store variant, is having the "Fleet" version only cost 1 Ship Module instead of the usual 4 for most of them.
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    sunseahl wrote: »
    Take notice Cryptic.....

Nobody is talking about how "good" these fleet Vet ships are OR how they're gonna buy them... Why? Because no body will be able to get them!

Im surprised people haven't gotten more up in arms about the outrageous prices for the new fleet ships. Guess they're too busy grinding away to care anymore.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    tksmitty wrote: »
    5 tac consoles on the Fleet Ar'kif.

Cryptic: It's not selling well. Give it a hangar!
    Cryptic (3 months later): It's still not selling well. Give a fleet version with 5 tac consoles!

So much for "Attempting to compensate..." :P

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!