test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

K'Vort Class - Avenger Foil for Klinks

macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
Okay, now that Feds got a battle cruiser that is arguably better than Torkhat (Vorcha) I think it is time for Klinks to get a heavy destroyer. We would prefer a 3 pack that cover science, engineer and tac. But if we get only one ship make something like this:

K'vort heavy destroyer

5 forward 2 aft
*can equip dual
** reduced aft from 3=>2

Hull: 37000
Shields: 1.0
Turn: 13

Ltc Tac
Cmdr Science
Ensign Science
Lt Engineer
Lt Universal

2 Eng Slots
3 Science Slots
4 Tac Slots

10+ Weapon power
5+ Shield power

Battle cloak or standard cloak ... whatever makes this happen
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
Post edited by macronius on

Comments

• Options
    contrarydecisioncontrarydecision Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    macronius wrote: »
    Okay, now that Feds got a battle cruiser that is arguably better than Torkhat (Vorcha) I think it is time for Klinks to get a heavy destroyer. We would prefer a 3 pack that cover science, engineer and tac. But if we get only one ship make something like this:

K'vort heavy destroyer

Ltc Tac
    Cmdr Science
    Ensign Science
    Lt Engineer
    Lt Universal

2 Eng Slots
    3 Science Slots
    4 Tac Slots

10+ Weapon power
    5+ Shield power

How about... nyah.

The Avenger manages to be so amazing and powerful because it's fueled by the tears of KDF players who didn't get a 5/3 ship before the Feds did.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    How about... nyah.

The Avenger manages to be so amazing and powerful because it's fueled by the tears of KDF players who didn't get a 5/3 ship before the Feds did.

Figures that the 1st response is from a Fed player afraid of a little competition. Never understood why Feds hate it when Klinks get a toy once in a blue moon.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited October 2013

K'vort heavy destroyer

Ltc Tac
    Cmdr Science
    Ensign Science
    Lt Engineer
    Lt Universal

2 Eng Slots
    3 Science Slots
    4 Tac Slots

10+ Weapon power
    5+ Shield power

Um, yeah, no. The K'vort is way too awsome to have a commander sci. Give it the same everything as the Avenger, except the cloak built in, and then we're good.

As for a console, in one episode it fired a torp that screwed with a vorcha's shields, so I choose that.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I would love a heavy destroyer for my KDF but not a K'vort...it's just an overgrown Bird of Prey and I would prefer a new design then just a lazy big BOP.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Um, yeah, no. The K'vort is way too awsome to have a commander sci. Give it the same everything as the Avenger, except the cloak built in, and then we're good.

As for a console, in one episode it fired a torp that screwed with a vorcha's shields, so I choose that.

Well that's why I would prefer a 3-pack. Some will choose science, others engineer and tac. I picked science because klingons are lacking in science ship. Agree with you though.

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    I would love a heavy destroyer for my KDF but not a K'vort...it's just an overgrown Bird of Prey and I would prefer a new design then just a lazy big BOP.

Well K'vort is canon and the design is far better than most of what Cryptic makes. That said, maybe they can have some alternate skins for players who prefer a new design.

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Well K'vort is cannon and the design is far better than most of what Cryptic makes. That said, maybe they can have some alternate skins for players who prefer a new design.

I prefer Cryptic's designs over a giant BOP that was phased out as soon as CGI was available .
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I prefer Cryptic's designs over a giant BOP that was phased out as soon as CGI was available .

It is true that they phased it out as soon as CGI became available, but it was seen enough times that they basically had to make it canon. As for adding it to game, if they made a new skin for it so that it didn't look like a large B'rel, would you support it?

My only demands for the ship are:
    1)wings that stay in the "flying position"
    2)proper ~350m length
    3)being completely badass (Avenger knockoff with built in cloak qualifies)
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    contrarydecisioncontrarydecision Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Figures that the 1st response is from a Fed player afraid of a little competition. Never understood why Feds hate it when Klinks get a toy once in a blue moon.

Why would I be afraid? :V I just love the cries of KDF players the instant another faction gets something they want, really.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Why would I be afraid? :V I just love the cries of KDF players the instant another faction gets something they want, really.

I play all 3 factions, and recently been playing my Fed science and Fed tac the most. Nevertheless, I RP whichever faction I am currently playing. But even if you are a Fed die-hard, I don't see why you would be happy that Klink players are ignored. They are fellow players whose presence adds to this game and their money is just as good as yours.

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    Doesnt change the fact its a scaled up Klingon Bird-of-Prey.

Also doesnt change the fact its a Bird-of-Prey as its said to be to very canonically, so you are just trying to pass a ship that looks exactly as a existing ship but its bigger, regardless you want to have your cake and eat it too ... its a Bird-of-Prey, not some Destroyer.

I suspect Cryptic never did it because the K'vort and the B'rel are exactly alike as they are exactly the same model and someone would complain about how they just scaled up the model and sold it and would go on about how they are lazy and how they hate the KDF, pretty much what happens when something, regardless of what faction, get released.

Not at all. Klingons players would be pleased to have it in game. Also it is not a BoP. I gave it a turn rate of 13 vs 21 on my Hoh'sus. This is a huge difference. It is basically slightly better than a science ship. Hull is also significantly lower than cruiser ... unlike Avenger which basically gets cruiser hull and 5 forward weapon slots. I also gave mine 2 aft weapon slots. Unlike Cryptic I balanced my design.

Nothing wrong with 2 ships which are very similar looking. This is especially the case with Klingons who have far fewer ships. Do you really prefer something like the Hoh'sus over K'vort?

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    edited October 2013

Also doesnt change the fact its a Bird-of-Prey as its said to be to very canonically, so you are just trying to pass a ship that looks exactly as a existing ship but its bigger, regardless you want to have your cake and eat it too ... its a Bird-of-Prey, not some Destroyer.

I suspect Cryptic never did it because the K'vort and the B'rel are exactly alike as they are exactly the same model and someone would complain about how they just scaled up the model and sold it and would go on about how they are lazy and how they hate the KDF, pretty much what happens when something, regardless of what faction, get released.

I'd be willing to bet that if they came out with the K'vort with the Avenger's exact stats and a built-in cloak, that the majority of KDF would be to busy crying tears of joy that they actually got something to actually care about that.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I'd be willing to bet that if they came out with the K'vort with the Avenger's exact stats and a built-in cloak, that the majority of KDF would be to busy crying tears of joy that they actually got something to actually care about that.

give a starving man a cracker , and he will do the same
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    give a starving man a cracker , and he will do the same

This may be the best analogy for the Klingon faction I've ever heard. :D

By the way, I think it might be time to change your signature. :D
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It could be another BoP, personally I'd prefer more representation of the other races within the KDF. Like something more from the Gorn, Orions or the Nausicaans. Even better, a ship from a race that hasn't got any yet like Lethean and the Ferasan.

But as others have said, simply having something is better than nothing.

I suppose the KDF can be thankful that they are still competitive thanks to still having access to some excellent ships and more often then not, competent captains flying them.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    K'Vort? how about no

If i wanted to fly a B'rel id just fly one not a overgrown less agile version sheesh :rolleyes:
  • Options
    jaegernljaegernl Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited October 2013

It's not about another faction getting something new, it's about the KDF never getting a shiny. The last T5 C-Store release was the Bortas, and that's a flying TRIBBLE.

But I look forward to seeing all the Avengers. It was high-time the Feds got a good Battle Cruiser.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Devotion Paladin
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    :rolleyes: I fail to see everyone's obsession with having a ship named the K'vort Class. Needless to say, I don't think the Federation really needed this battlecruiser, and I'm not convinced the Klingons need another ship either.

I should mention, I've said they don't need one. Doesn't mean one isn't wanted/desired. ;)

What gets me with many of the Cruisers is they're primarily tac heavy. One of the reasons I'm pushing for a new Galaxy Class (/sig) is because of this. You've got the Fleet Excelsior (tac), Fleet Assault Cruiser (tac), Dreadnought Cruiser (tac), Heavy Cruiser Retrofit (Cheyenne) (tac) ...and now this Avenger Class, also tactical.

The Exploration Cruiser (Galaxy) are all pure Engineering. The Ambassador has Lt.Cmd Science, but still shares three boff slots with tactical. Granted the Ambassador does also have a Universal Lt slot, but I'd imagine most players using that for an engineering benefit.

What have we got sided with science? The Star Cruiser and... oh yeah. That's it! :rolleyes:
    Well K'vort is canon and the design is far better than most of what Cryptic makes. That said, maybe they can have some alternate skins for players who prefer a new design.
    You're joking right? How is a B'rel on steroids a better design than what Cryptic could throw out?

I get why some people knock Cryptic designs, but think about the awesome designs they have given us; the Tholian Fleet alone is credited to them. I happen to be a huge fan of the Noble Class too (minus the dodggy saucer registry and the hull, I'm using the Sovereign Hull myself). They've done some good work on the KDF Birds of Prey and Raptors too.
    Not at all. Klingons players would be pleased to have it in game.
    I'm a Klingon player too, and I wouldn't be pleased to have it in game.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    K'Vort is canon, yes, but crappy canon that should be retconned to oblivion. It is the result of poorly-informed writers and studio model mistakes. Stick with the iconic B'Rel.

You should instead be wanting a shiny new 2409 KDF design for a new ship.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    K'Vort is canon, yes, but crappy canon that should be retconned to oblivion. It is the result of poorly-informed writers and studio model mistakes. Stick with the iconic B'Rel.

You should instead be wanting a shiny new 2409 KDF design for a new ship.

Never tell people what they should want, that's one of the big mistakes the automobile industry did for years.;)

There's still room for a half-and-half solution there: use the same basic hull but add details that make it clear it's not a small ship.
    Add rows of small windows, escape pods and some altered hull plating.
    Change the colour to a a different green with grey details like in "Redemption.

http://trekcore.com/blog/2013/06/tng-redemption-blu-ray-new-hd-trailer-stills-and-comparison-and-analysis/
    (7 pic from the top)

While this would go somewhat against what was seen onscreen, it would only do so half: shape stays the same while details are improved.
    And since the K'vort has its wings in a position (horizontal) that is different from the STO B'rel (all the way up or down) it would not be too difficult to tell them apart.

It's also noteworth that in the HD version it becomes clear that whatever that thing is the K'vort fires...it's not a Photon Torpedo.
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Figures that the 1st response is from a Fed player afraid of a little competition.

Competition? At what, PVP? Don't make me laugh.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    For the last time its CANON not CANNON!! :mad:

I'm going to fire the DREADNOUGHT PHASER SPINAL LANCE CANNON into the next person who gets that wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I could see the K'Vort being being along the lines of the Avenger and Tor'kaht. Why not.

Because the film crew just reused the BoP model for the K'Vort doesn't mean we can pretend it doesn't exist. It's canon, deal with it.

Besides, not like the Ship Team can tweek her so shes not an exact copy. Just look at SFC3 and Armada tweaked the K'Vort.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    khayuung wrote: »
    For the last time its CANON not CANNON!!

Yeah I corrected it few minutes later. But thanks for adding to the discussion. :rolleyes:

Up to this point, I really thought Cryptic was to blame for the lack of Klink ships. But from the responses so far I can see players are a big problem too. Do people honestly prefer an ugly kitbash like Avenger over K'vort? I get that it was a mistake ... But what a glorious mistake it was.

This player base is so hostile to Klingons getting any ships. I just don't get it.

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This player base is so hostile to Klingons getting any ships. I just don't get it.

Simple, Klingon players aren't allowed to have fun and have to spend our days in the Dilithium mines (I.E. Farming Dilithium for player's accounts).
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Simple, Klingon players aren't allowed to have fun and have to spend our days in the Dilithium mines (I.E. Farming Dilithium for player's accounts).

KDF= Klingon Dilithium Farmers?
  • Options
    omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    coupaholic wrote: »
    It could be another BoP, personally I'd prefer more representation of the other races within the KDF. Like something more from the Gorn, Orions or the Nausicaans. Even better, a ship from a race that hasn't got any yet like Lethean and the Ferasan.

But as others have said, simply having something is better than nothing.

I suppose the KDF can be thankful that they are still competitive thanks to still having access to some excellent ships and more often then not, competent captains flying them.

+10000 Having a Ferasan, Lethean, or Trill ship would be really cool.
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Of course, it's not like the KDF hardcore players get militant whenever the Fed or Romulans get something new. Pot, meet kettle.

The player base isn't "hostile" to the KDF getting new things. But the fact of the matter is that more people play on the Fed side (for obvious reasons) as such, more money comes from selling Fed ships and thus there is always a higher demand for new Fed stuff.

I'd be very happy to see Vesta and Kumari-like three packs for the KDF. But you won't, because they're not worth it.

Why else would they make it so much easier to acquire contraband?

Faster, faster I say! *Beats Klingon captains* Confiscate ALL the contraband!
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Whatever ship we get next it better be a really great one cause it will have to last for another two years and it wouldnt hurt if this time around kdf gets the upper hand something new and shiny and special that the other two wont get.